Yvonne Creative

happy1

By the way, anyone knows how much extra we need to top up if we need the makeup artist to come early?
And how much additional we need to pay on top of the package price? Heard we must pay for ampoule or something like dat?

cookiemz

Hi happy1,

think you have to check with the makeup artist or with Yvonne on the surcharge(s) for starting v early in the morning, can't remember if it is a one-off charge or by the hour.

the ampoule costs $25 and fake eyelashes $15, these are not included in the package price

yea lor, $80 for transport, can go round singapore 2 times! but if thats' the so-called market rate, den bo pian have to pay

$

$face

Hi cookiemz

If the makeup is already included in the package then I think YC should not ask you for the $80 unless you want the makeup artist to come to your place really early.

In my opinion, an 'angbao' will still be given as good luck etc to the artist, but it's up to us to decide how much we want to give.

No hard feeling, just my personal comment.

$face

cookiemz

Hi $face,

My makeup is at 9am, normal hours. I am aware that the angbao is a token of appreciation to the artist.. but was abit taken back initially upon hearing YC's recommended price. Maybe I was too wary after hearing so much about frens getting fleeced by other studios :p

Well, if she does a good job for me tomorrow, I would have no qualms giving the amt to her, besides I still have the rest of the package to go thru with YC!

Good night
happy.gif

$

$face

Hi cookiemz

Wish u all the best for your ROM and I'm sure the makeup artist will make you 'mei mei'.

Have fun

$face

knowing

hi YC brides
I jus got married n i have some feedbk on YC service
I wld like to remind u gals to take yr photos early
cos mine till nw i have nt rec'd my mini album n i also rec'd my big album like one or 2 days before my actual wedding
i was told everything can be on time when i had my ps on dec but nw....(no comments)

as for makeup I find Dily v good
try to get her if u can

so far the rest of the service quite ok but like to check w u gals do u get back the negatives when u top up photos
hw many pcs of negatives u got bk?

cookiemz

Hi $face,

Thanks
happy.gif
I had a great time!

A follow up to my last post, the artist actually collected the money from me on instructions from YC.. in other words, it is not an ang bao up to my discretion, but a CHARGE...(arggh)

Btw, Minnie is YC's new in-house makeup artist who juz joined this week. Think I will try Dily for my PS/actual day after hearing so much good comments abt her.

$

$face

hey cookiemz

Huh, the mu artist really did collect the 'ang bao', I guess maybe YC not paying her much, that's why she took it. Anyway as long as she did a good job, then it's ok lah.

I'm using Dily for all my mu, including photoshoot and actual day. I do not know the other mu artist at all, but I find Dily makeup pretty natural, quite subjective, must see u like heavy or light mu.

Ok, wish u a bery happy mu session with YC.

Cheers
$face

happy1

Hi all,
I am starting to choose my gowns. May i know how many visits/fittings you all had? I went twice already but manage to choose only an off the rack wedding gown. Cant decide on MTM evening gown, no design in mind and dont know what colour to choose but they appear to want me to decide at the 2nd visit. Am i being too fussy?

tee

Hi happy1

maybe their schedule always very full and afraid u can't choose on time for them to MTM your EG, you can get some idea by looking at the bridal magazine and show them. I have mine MTM from one of the bridal magazine and it turns out very nice
:)

S

sept bride ^_^

Hi all,
me a YC bride too and have recently went down for my 1st appt.
However very sad to say, majority of the gowns which I tried on cannot be zipped... too fat liao.
But nevertheless, I still managed to find a EG which I'm finally able to fit into.. Is this normal? I mean I'm realy concerned that I cannot find any other WG for my outdoor PS (due June). Am I being paranoid?

cowie

Sept Bride,
Not to worry, I am sure YC do have WG that are of larger size. Who were you served by? Any problems, go straight to Yvonne. She will not let her bride go without a gown
wink.gif

$

$face

Hi all YC brides,

I've just gotten my album and was pretty disappointed by the skill of the photographer, my photos turned out to be blur and very grainy, like very poor quality print.

Other than that, all staff at YC are very friendly and helpful and I just hope that they should maybe engaged more photographers instead of sticking to just one, in which new YC brides can have more choices when choosing a photographer.

Yvonne is very nice, but the man who's always behind the counter don't seem too friendly.

$face

Y

ycbride

Hi $face,

I am a YC bride oso.. yep yep, I agree the man behind the counter looked really hostile.. u know who is he a not? if I'm not wrong, think he is yvonne's husband!!!

$

$face

Hello YCbride

Oops?? so he's the boss lah, no wonder 'ya-ya papaya' attitude.

BTW have you had your photoshoot yet, do let me know if your photos turned out okay, cos' the other time when I was there, there's another bride who was also displeased with the photos (from her expression while looking at the photos and grumbling).

Ok, dun gossip too much, take care and be a happy bride.

$face

sadbuttrue

hi $face,
totally agree with you!!
our photos turn out not to our expectation at all. sign up with YC cos of DEAN work. now with e new photographer, dunno he know how to hold his camera.
shoot hundreds over pix but no choice force to choose those so so one. very disappointed with that new photographer. if YC still using him, he will ruin YC reputation, definitely.
but everyone in YC is very friendly, exception the guy behind e desk. Yvonne, Feng Jie and the rest really did their best to make us look good in their outfit. they are really helpful and willing to give extra. many many thanks to them.
you know what!!! everyone see our YC album ( by that YC photographer )and our actual day photography ( by someone else ), no one say our YC album is nice. everyone say our actual day look much much better. image that YC photos are all done with wat he call CAMERA ANGLE and our actual day is just snap shot of the day events.
just hope that YC really do something about it.
sorry for all these comments YC but its in our bottom of our heart.

cookiemz

hi gals,

i'm going for my first gown appt soon.. would like to know if OTR WGs at YC include those gowns worn by other brides before or do they juz mean new gowns done by yvonne and available off the rack?

anybody tried borrowing the WG/suit out for a 2nd photoshoot with another photographer from outside YC? need to rent them separately? now i'm getting worried about the PS ...

cowie

Cookiemz,

The OTR WGs include both types you mentioned. If you are lucky enough, you may really get a brand new piece which they have just sewn
happy.gif
But I think there is nothing wrong with the older ones lah..... I fell in love with two of their older pieces and grabbed them for my photoshoot. The effect was great
happy.gif
Kind of preferred them to my own MTM WG after that!
lol.gif

Just go for the PS session with an open mind. Though some of the girls here have unpleasant experience with their photos, I am sure there are those who are satisfied. It all boils down to personal taste and expectations. I did see really nice photos when I went down to YC a couple of weeks back to get some stuff from Yvonne.
happy.gif

M

mialeng

Hi,

I thought I was the fussy one when the photos was presented to me. A couple of them are quite blur, the features are not sharp. So the photographer not that skillful huh?

Maybe u can ask Yvonne to re-developed for you again and see whether it's better.

Cheers
mialeng

tee

Hi $face,

so you accept the album har ? is yours magazine style ? i wonder how is the arrangement of the photos.

singing

Cookiemz,
I think the gowns may be worn by other brides.
I am also thinking of having a 2nd photoshoot by other photographers, anybody know if this can be done??

$

$face

Hi Tee

Accept la, wat to do, need that to show my friends and relatives at the wedding. Mine not magazine style, so expensive. The arrangement of the photos are done by the photographer, that's still ok.

What bout u? u took your photoshoot already?

Ok, chat again soon.

tee

Hi $face,

We have taken our PS, that's y i'm worry. the samples are very sharp ley, but i don't know if it's enlarge to 15R ? your photos is a bit blur not sharp only or very very blur, like can see all the colour small dots, do you get what i mean ? I saw they display 2 samples album outside their shop 1 all very clear ley. When is your wedding date ? How long they take to do the album har ?

$

$face

Hi Tee,

For me, I just manage to take my album just a couple of days before my wedding, I bring it to my workplace to show my colleagues, most of them said it's not very well-taken.

Actually not all the photos are blurred, just a couple of it not sharp e.g. me and hubby's features not very clear, but some are still ok.

Maybe I was a bit fussy, cos' I saw my friends album and they are very very sharp and the colour are very rich, that's why when I compared mine, I felt mine was not up to expectation.

Tee, dun worry too much, just call up YC and push them for a date whereby u can collect your album.

Ok, u're going to be a pretty bride, so dun worry to much, and everything will be fine.

$face

cookiemz

Hi Cowie,

you are right.. some of the gowns are very lovely ;) most likely I'll be taking WG OTR! Do you know if there is a special section of gowns which can be taken out for outdoor photoshoot? or just any gown OTR?

Hi Singing,

There may be rental charges for the suits/gowns taken out for 2nd photoshoot + makeup artist. An alternative would be to get a good actual day photographer and do some outdoor shooting on your actual day. I have seen some frens' actual day photographs which were even better than those taken by their studios.

hi $face,

were those blurred pics originally sharp in the samples?

cowie

Cookiemz,
When I was doing my selection, I remembered there were a rack of gowns meant for outdoor use. However, I do not know if there is any change in that.....sorry.... just check it out with Yvonne
wink.gif

qwerty

Hi people, would like to check roughly how long it takes for YC to get the album ready after the photos have been chosen. Thanks!

carol

Hi, I would like to know 10'x12' photo is it consider as 10R? If yes, is it very small? Btw, for the outdoor photo session, is there anyone following us along & touch up the makeup? Hope you all could advise me, Thanks.

$

$face

Hi Carol

Yes it's considers 10R, not too small, u can always ask YC to show u the various sizes.

Touch up the make-up? fat hope, I only have the photographer and another guy to hold the spot-light, that's all, when I went outdoor for my PS, I saw many other couples taking their wedding photos too, but they have at least one more assistant to help the bride to adjust the gown or to tidy her hairstyle.

Dunno la, maybe YC have such an assistant now.

Have fun

$face

tee

Hi Carol,

mine also no assistant, but it's o.k. ley, outdoor no need to touch up marke up as it's taken far away. Indoor then is important. That's what I think. anyway, if you worry, u can request one to follow u :)

carol

Now i'm quite worry of the photographer. Hope he wouldn't take until very blur. Actually I like Dean work more then this new photographer. sign up with YC cos of Dean work.

L

lim kok huat

the new photographer actually is not skillfull enought.take note that when he tell you about using computer (photoshop) to make up your photoshop,please never let him do it,because he is just a beginning leaner.

M

mialeng

Hi Lim Kok Huat

I thought that by using the computer, one can get better results, clear and sharper pics? Not so??

Because a couple of my photos were blurred, and the photographer said he can rectify the problems by using computer. But if he can't really handle those computer stuff, then it's seem like there's actually nothing he can really do about the blurred pics.

Any advices?

Regards,
mialeng

cookiemz

Anybody used YC's actual day photographers before? Are they good and is there any particular one to recommend? Thanks...

cin

Hi fellow YC brides,

I am new in the forum, hope you guys can 'guide' me around
happy.gif

Yup, the guy behind the desk is Yvonne's husband.

Btw, may i know what is the normal number of photos that is included in the packages? Also, do you know how much Yvonne normally charges for additional photos?

My FH and I looked at the sample photos two weeks ago, and they took so many shots of us (about 250+ shots). And as our package only includes 22 shots, topping up was a killer for us... in the end we selected about 125 poses... flat broke now... but i have this nagging suspicion we were made 'roberts' ie. kenna chopped... but they did throw in a lot of extras like 3 in 1 big photos, extra mini album, extra cd-rom etc.

Btw, how many pages are there in a normal wedding album?

tee

Hi Cin,

i think normally 50 pages, but also have to depends on how many photos u choose, your photos must be very very nice har..... :)
by the way, how much u top up ?

cin

Hi Tee,

Ok lah, not say very nice, not say not nice also... how many shots did your package include? Once, when i was at YC for my fitting, i heard a couple mention they have 28 shots in their package...and we only have 22. So i guess must be their packages must be different, subject to bargaining power huh? oh well...

Tee, whose your makeup artist? must you re-confirm a few weeks before the actual day again?

Have any of you seen the rental mercedes offered by YC? Is it the old model or new model? not sure whether wanna use theirs or rent from elsewhere leh...

cookiemz

Hi Tee,

Saw one actual day album done for a March bride, photos were clear and bright, which is quite desirable for dinner table photos. Standard is quite okay for the price quoted. YC told me they use a few actual day photographers so better make sure you get the photographer whose style you like.

Altho i had agreed to use their actual day photographer, i'm still having second thoughts.. coz have the intention of using the actual day pics as back up to the studio pics...

Hi Cin,

which package did you take up? mine only includes 18 shots leh...means gotta top up like crazy.. can u email me, would like to ask you something on the photos.. [email protected] thanks ;)

the mercedes included in my package is the old old model with square eyes (model M124)..altho i remember being told at the fair that it would be the round eyes. need to top up for the new model (not the super new model).

When did you gals have your trial makeup? one week before PS?

tee

Hi Cin,

my pakage same as yours, 22 pcs only, but if i don't use their mercedes they will give me additional 4 photos, have not seen the model but i guess not a new model maybe year of 1985 that type. ask them to let u c the picture if u intend to use it.
My make up artist is Dily, i only have to confirm her the timing to come to my house for the actual day morning make up.

cin

Hi Tee,

My makeup artist is Dily too...

Hi Cookiez,

Mine was about two weeks before photo shoot...

the mercedes they offered us was E class, can't remember the model number, but not the new one... if i want new one must top up. I asked Yvonne what if i don't want the car, she said can take off $200 out of the package price. But i think i will still use the car, but as the second car for the helpers, photographer etc.

you guys have your photos taken by Xiao Cai right? what you think? i think he kinda weird...funny also...keep saying 'good try good try' what the heck is that supposed to mean? heh...i am surprised after six seven hours his mouth not tired *snigger*

My FH says Xiao Cai looks a bit like Wong Lee Hom...

cookiemz

Hi Tee,

didn't see the photographer, only got to browse thru the album. altho YC mentioned his name, i didn't get it.. will check that for you when i go down to YC again

cin

Hi Tee,

By when do you have to confirm with Dily? I agree, think Dily is good.

Actually when i signed up with YC, the photographer then was Dean. He was part of the reason we signed up with YC, because the photos we saw were not bad. Then, nearing our photoshoot,we found out that Dean left the company and that Xiao Chai, the new photographer, would be taking our photos.

We were worried as we did not see much of his work samples etc. But nevertheless, after selecting our photos a few weeks ago, we are more or less satisfied with what Xiao Chai has done. So can heave a sigh of relief...don't know what i would have done had the pictures turned out terrible. Lucky they came out ok!