Yvonne Creative

S

sok leng

Hi

Has anyone heard of Yvonne's creative? Their gowns, photography, service ????

Quite tempted to sign up a package wityh them cos' of the price (which is within my budget) and the Photography looks quite ok to me .....

S

siolp

I got my wedding grown at Yvonne Creative. Regarding you question about gowns, it has gone very nice and classic looking gowns. Even the off-the-rack ones are very nice. I got mine from the rack and the feedback was very good. I got my two gown during my first round of try.

Service is not bad either. Photography, I think is very up to individual. You can survey and choose the photographer that you like.

Price is varies as it depends on how many photo you choose. I done mine at about $4500 with about 20+ pcs of 15R photograph.

S

sok leng

Hi SioLP,

I have yet to go down to the shop at PLaza Hotel and take a good look at the gowns. But from photos, it looks pretty ok... anyway, I shouldn't be too worried abt the gowns cos' I intend to take Made to Measure gowns, so it will be a design I like. I'm not so concern abt the gowns but the photography.... The set that I was shown looks very nice and modern. My husband says the photography is ok and he likes the photographer - frank and easy going & accomodating . So I think we'll most prob. sign up with them. Just to make sure before i sign up, I have some opinion of others abt their services. Who was your photographer?

How's the makeup artiste? are her skills good? I hate to look dated and as if I have tonnes of makeup on my face .... prefer the natural look... did you choose your makeup artiste?

The package deal we were offered was very attractive too ... $3588 for 24 15R photos ...
That is why we really want to make sure that the shop is reasonably good before signing up.....

BTW, mind if I ask you when did you take up the package?

S

siolp

I took up the package in Mid 1999. The makeup artiste is Dily Ng and I don't know who is my photographer cos I am not so mind about photograph just wanted the gown to be good.

Ai yah, services level is about the same for all the mid range bridal shop unless you go to places like Irene's Creation which got very good service.

I get along very well with the boss Yvonne Tan.

I also used her car for my wedding.

So when is your wedding? Book your dinner already??

S

sok leng

Met Yvonne the other day at the fair .... she is nice and bother to explain the details to you.

Wedding is next yr Oct. Yes. Have booked the venue for my dinner already.

S

sok leng

Hi Erica,

I have yet to check out the place even though I have booked a package ... have you seen their gowns? Sometimes, I wonder if I have decided for it in a haste .... but when i booked the package, everything looks ok to me .. except i didn't get to see the gowns cos' I booked it at a fair in Suntec ...

erica

Hi, Sokleng,

I went down to have a look at their gowns before booking the package with them. The gowns are nice and my hubby likes them too. The package is within our budget so we decided to put the deposit. However, it is up to indivivual so I feel that you should pay them a visit one of these days. But not weekends though becos I went there on Sunday and there were so many people. Do drop by on a weekday and ask for Yvonne's consultation on your gown.

S

sok leng

thanks erica.

Will find time to go down next mth, just to try out the various types of cutting and see what suits me. In fact, Yvonne said she'll call me in Feb 2001 to discuss the design of my gown...

Do u have any coments on their makeup and photography ?

pam

hi

once when i went down to Yvonne's creative with my college M(at that time i was still looking for a bridal package), we happened to met another college J choosing her photos there.

the gowns are quite nice, but while we were asked to help J to choose photos, we were not too impressed. they looked rather plain.

at last i didn't sigh up with them because of the photos...however the photos on display were nice. but i think you should take a look at their actual clients' photos

erica

Hi Sok Leng

I am not that particular about makeup and photography though as long as i don't look like an opera singer will do. But when I was there, the make up artist was doing make up on a bride and she looked fabulous after the make over. I was impressed but my hubby told me that the "bride" is their model for the studio. But I suppose the standard should be pretty much around there. Sok Leng, let me know your comments after you visited Yvonne's Creative. Thanks!

jojo

Hiyee,

Its moi again... ... hahahha... seems like I am getting myself involved in most of the forum items... ... well, nonetheless... I signed up for a pacakage with Yvonne Creative. Their service is definitely good. My friend had hers done by them too. She turned out looking like some famous moviestar in her photos.

I gave up my pkg from IMM and thus had my money forfeited... ... sigh... ... only got myslef to blame for being so impulsive... or rather, cannot wait to get married like my friends say. ehhehe

You can be assured that Yvonne and her team will be there to assist u in whatever way they can. I will be selecting my gown late Feb next year. I got the made to measure pkg, so I think there shouldn't be much problem.

Meanwhile, I am on a strict exercise regiment to tone up before my actual wedding day!

Cheers
JoJo

cheryl

Jo Jo

Can i Know which IMM Bridal Shop have u sign and now u are giving up. Because i though of signing up in one of the IMM shop

Thanks

jojo

Hi cheryl,

The one I signed up for is Bridal Centre (Liang2 Yuan2 Fang3). Reason being why I gave it up was cos I was impulsive at that point in time... Now that I look back, I don't really like their taiwanese style.

So good luck to ya! Keep me posted!

P

pl

Hi JoJo,

How much did you pay for your package? And what does it include? Have you chosen which photographer to use?

Humm..... I'm not sure if brides will turn out like movie star std in the photos, just hope to be pretty in a natural way :>

jojo

Hi PL,

I think you shld go down to their shop and take a look at the various pkgs they have to offer. My pkg was the made to measure one. Meaning to say both my wedding and evening gowns are made to measure. I have not chosen the phtographer, but they have a couple of in-house photographer.

My pkg is rather comprehensive.

It would be good if you could speak to Yvonne. She is normally at the shop. She is the lady Boss and also the designer of your gown. Go take a look then tell me the result.

Cheers
JoJo

J

jy

Hi everybody,

I had mine done at Yvonne Creative too!!
In fact, i've aready taken the studio and the outdoor shoots. I'm very impressed with the photographer. He makes u feel cosy and relaxed. Saw all my pictures, really like them all. Am waiting for them to complete my photo album. (My wedding is in early March)
Can't remember his name though but i know he's a full- time photographer.
As for the wedding packages, they are reasonably priced. If u plan on going down to try the gowns or to talk with the people there, i suggest that u call them up and fixed an appointment.
If there are too many people there, you might not be given 100% full attention by the staff.
Don't be afraid to bargain for more things and leser price too!!

S

sok leng

Hi JY,

Glad to hear that u love the experience at Yvonne.
Can try to find out who your photographer is when u collect your album? If he's good, I might consider using him for my shoot too. :>

jojo

Hi JY,

I am meeting Yvonne in March to design my gown. I am really excited. Just managed to book the photographer I want as well as the make up artist. The photographer I am getting is the guy who is the in-house photographer.

Glad to know that u have good reviews. Will keep u updated about mine too!!!

JoJo

J

jy

Hi Jojo,

Good for u. The photographer i had was the in-house photographer too. He's good. Hopefully, it's the same guy we're talking abt. here.

(Sok Leng: i'll try to find out the name of the photographer the next time i go down :))

Does anybody know if i can borrow their accessories for the wedding day itself. I'm not intending to buy them coz' it will be a waste to just wear it once for the wedding.

JY

louisa

Muchas (at Mandarin Shopping Arcade) and Chryster (at Delfi Orchard) do rentals. However, their accessories are rather expensive (esp Muchas). For Muchas, you can rent their accessories for 2 days (photoshoot and actual day) at 60% of the puchase price. For Chryster, they have a package for rental - tiara, earrings and necklace for $350/- for 2 days.

joyce

muchas is expensive but worth every cent . the sales person there is really very helpful and nice. jasmine is her name. she really took the time to choose pieces for me and even recommended on how to save money on the pieces by recommending more versatile pieces. some of my guests thought i was wearing genuine diamonds! that was the quality of their workmanship.

totoro

Hi Jojo,
I have also just sign up a package with Yvonne creative. Can you advise who is the photographer and make-up artist that you have booked?

Thanks. :)

jojo

Hi totoro,

I will be going in March to get my gown designed. I think the name of the photographer in Henry. As for the make up artist, I am leaving it to them to decide for me.

Let's keep each other in touch okie?

Rgds
JoJo

totoro

Hi Jojo,
Sure. Thanks for the info.
I going to see Yvonne somewhere this month for my first appointment. Yet to confirm the exact date.
Have u gone for ur first appointment?

Regards,
Totoro :)

jojo

Hi totoro,

I am going to see her next month. That will be my first appointment. I am really excited. However, I still need to lose some weight in order to look good for the wedding.

When is your big day? I am just being kaypo. Hope you don't mind.

Will keep you informed on how things went.

Rgds
JoJo
happy.gif

S

sok leng

Hi JoJo,

I'm going to see Yvonne next mth too! But till now, I still have no idea on what i want in my gown. Kinda lost .... hopefully she can help lessen some of my worries after the 1st meeting :>

totoro

Hi JoJo,
I have decided to set the date on 14/10/2001 because I have just managed to book the hotel banquet. Will have to call Yvonne soon to book my first appointment.
I am also trying to lose some weight but I am concentrating more on the tummy. Guess what, I have not started on any type of exercise yet (think I have to start pressing the panick button very soon ;-P ). I may try Pilates to tone up my body. Hope it is not too late to start.
Will keep you inform after my first appoinment.

Regards,
Totoro

jojo

Hi totoro and Sok Leng,

I am meeting Yvonne on the 17th of March. I am in fact looking forward to meeting her. I have not done any other preparations as I am equally lost and don't know how to continue preparing.

I have lost alot of weight on my waist and face. ( All due thanks to work stress)However, I am still having problems trying to tone down my hips. My colleague told me not to worry too much as that particular area would be covered up on the actual day. Well... ... Nobody's perfect right? Just got to live with my imperfections...sigh!!!
happy.gif

Meanwhile, lets keep each other informed k?

Rgds
JoJo

durian

Hi, everybody,

would like to share something with all of you. I went down for my first appointment last Saturday with Yvonne's Creative n have somewhat a slight unhappiness. Well, u see, I have signed up for the package which does not include MTM gowns and the lady serving me kept pushing me to have my gown MTM. I am abit to the fleshy side (so she gave all the excuses of I would not fit in to the gowns which I liked)and all the gowns she took for me to try it on were all old-fashioned and ugly. My mum and friends shared the same view. She was also very reluctant to let me try on more gowns. Every gown I tried on she says it looked nice on me (which my mum, myself and my friend do not agree!!!) and when I say I don't like it, she will throw a sentence like "there is limited gown which I can fit in and to have a design which I liked, I have to MTM!!! My friend and I was so damn pissed off but we tried to control ourselves.

Anyway, I finally found one gown which I liked the top and another which I liked the bottom and finally had to give in to pay extra for the MTM gown. I was pissed off with her already but upon being able to get a gown which I loved, I didn't mind paying the extra and was too excited about my gown than to stay angry with her. And thank God, eventually, I was served by another lady, Fiona, the designer whom I enjoyed her service. She was helpful and gave me guidance on how I should wear my girdle and how i can buy silver shoes so as to match both the white and the red evening gown.

Well, personally, I feel that the staff at Yvonne creative is general nice except the older lady, whom I do not wish to name. And I am sure if I were being served by Yvonne herself or Fiona, I would not have such a slight unhappines at all.

V

viffy

Hi durian,

Mind if you could let me know who is this lady? can email me to let me. Email address is
[email protected]

You see, I have signed up for a package and don't want to have such unpleasant experience.

totoro

Hi Jojo,
Update after my first appointment. I went there with no idea on what I want for my gown.
I am very glad I took MTM package cos I could not fit myself in most of the gowns on the shelf. :-( (Got to loose more weight)
Yvonne gave me ideas and advised what would look nice on me. Fiona was also very helpful in assisting me. I like the design Yvonne has drew for me. But my husband felt that I am revealing too much flesh at the back. I thought it will be quite airy cos the outdoor photography will be very hot. So got to call Yvonne not to make the gown too revealing.
There were at least 5 couples (3 choosing photo, another 2nd appointment and me) there, on that day. The staffs are very busy. I think their business is very good.

Do keep me posted on your first appointment.

Cheers,
Totoro

J

jojo wif the capital j

Hi Totoro,

I am glad that everything went well for you... ... I will be going for my appointment the following Saturday. I will let you know how it went too!!!

So are you feeling excited already? When is your wedding date huh??? I kaypoh abit ehhehe.

Maybe I will get to meet you there. Do let me know when you are visiting Yvonne next okie?

Cheerz
JoJo

jojo

Hi Totoro,

I am going for the first appointement today. Very excited leh... ... Really looking forward to it. Will keep you posted about it when I come home in the evening okie?

How are your preparations coming along. Do keep me updated okie?

JoJo
happy.gif

jojo

Hi Totoro,

My first appt was great too. I had my gowns designed by Fiona. She was really professional and gave me alot of advice. Both my gowns reveal quite alot too. However, I must say the designs are really elegant. I really look forward to seeing my actual gowns on the hanger now.

When are you going for your first fit? Mine is in May. I will really be very excited.

How are your preparations coming along? I do hope everything is going fine. Let's keep each other in touch okie?

JoJo
happy.gif

totoro

Hi JoJo,

Some updates...
Heard that Yvonne has engaged a new photographer. He is previously from Milan. Yvonne recommended him instead of Henry. I will check on the different portfolio before deciding which one to use.

My first fiting is in June. However, the date may be delayed cos I have asked her to kiv the making of my gown. Still thinking about the design of my gown. I have broad shoulder, hence, the design of my gown should not enhance my shoulder.

What design did you picked?

I am currently sourcing for electrical appliances (TV, washing machine etc). There is so much to be done.

Hope your preparation is going fine.

cheers,
totoro.

jojo

Hi Totoro,

My preps are coming along fine.
happy.gif
However, seems like I have been falling ill more often than not. Seems like work STRESS has a great part to play. sigh
sad.gif
Hope I won't fall ill nearing my wedding.

I will check out with Yvonne when I go down the next time. Both my gowns have been designed already. I am very pleased with both the designs.

Both my gowns bare quite abit at the back.
happy.gif
My evening gown is electric blue in colour.

My house isn't here yet. So, I don't have that to worry about. (Pheww...) I know how tiring and bz it can get. Don't worry. We shall give each other the mental support to hold on till our wedding day okie?

Meanwhile, keep in touch.

JoJo

D

divegirl

Hi Totoro,
Can u briefly tell me the pkage price for basic
MTM wed-gowm; eveng-dress; photos & make-up?? I walked pass the shop a few times cause friend's dive shop there but there's usually a few customers inside. Do they make evening dresses for brides friends without the pkage?? Thanks!

jojo

Hi Divegirl,

I paid about 3k for the pkg. It is made-to-measure for everything. The guys one will be made to measure trousers and the Jacket will be off the rack. We paid another $60 to get my hubby another pair of pants.
happy.gif

Yvonne charges a reasonable rate.

The 3k plus includes the wedding gown, evening gown, trial make-up, actual day make-up for day and nite...hairdo...photo taking and also the car.
happy.gif

You can actually walk in to take a look. They are quite professional. I think they have various packages to tailor to different needs. All you need to do is to pop in and ask.

Meanwhile, have fun searching for the right bridal boutique.

By the way, I kpo abit hor...when are you getting married? Do keep me informed okie?

JoJo

D

divegirl

Thanks Jo-Jo. I'm actually > keen to ask YC to make me an evening dress instead of full pkge as i hv quite a few formal weddings to go to. My wedding is not confirmed........next yr...

jojo

Hi Divegirl,

You are most welcome. You can check with her to see if they have such services. I only know that they give free rental of ROM dresses if you sign up with them for their bridal pkg...However, I only signed up with them after my ROM...as such, I didn't get to enjoy that perk.
happy.gif

Do keep me informed okie?

JoJo

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Divegirl,

If you are looking for evening gowns, you may like to consider Doreen Chee's design services. Her boutique is located at

Le Galleria
333 Orchard Road
#02-06
Mandarin Hotel Shopping Arcade
Singapore 238867

Tel: 7377101

Operating Hours:
Monday - Saturday: 11.00 AM to 8.00 PM.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

D

divegirl

Thanks... Side track. I bought a dress from Emmual B. during the sale for S$180/=. Any more of such "kang tao"?? My girfriend bought a dress from Pure Bridal quite a loooooong time ago during their sale, S$250/- for a very lacy number. Please let us know when there's a sale. I will gladly BUY!! (Pls don't think I'm a cheapo... I only wear my dresses once or twice, so cheap is good)

totoro

Hi Divegirl,

Sorry for the late reply. My package is $4000 with MTM wedding gown, MTM evening gown, MTM man suit, trial & actual makeup plus car, I signed up during the exhibition at Suntec. I thought it was cheap. I kind of like their design of wedding gown. I believe they do make evening dresses for brides friends without the pkage. Try asking them. The staff there are pretty helpful.
I regretted having a MTM man suit because my hubby and me saw a very nice fashion suit (nova silk material) at Robinson yesterday. It cost only about $399 with full suit plus vest.

JoJo,
Wow, your package is so much cheaper. How many photo do you have for your package?
I have finally booked my wedding banquet today.
Minus 1 task to be done. :) Do keep in touch!

Cheers,
Totoro

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Totoro,

You may want to try checking with your boutique if you can exchange the MTM man suit for other items. If you can, then your hubby will be able to buy the fashion suit.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

D

dolphy68

Hi Totoro and JoJo

I've been following your msgs and it helped alot in reassuring me on signing up with Yvonne Creative.

Jo Jo
My package is abt $3K and I've only 1 MTM gown. May I know wat's the deal on the photos u've got?? I'm curious....they told me usually tt price package do not cover MTM gowns...& the one tt's MTM is a special deal.

But, so far so good...Yvonne hv bn rather helpful...I've selected the designs for my gowns and will be going for the first fitting during June also.

Wld look fwd to chatting w u gals again....

Cheers!

jojo

Hi dolphy,

I got to agree with you that Yvonne is very helpful and professional. She gave me very good advice too. I cannot remember the exact number of photos as it is stated in the contract...Will find the contract and tell you later.
happy.gif

I would look forward to chatting wif u too!!

JoJo

D

dolphy68

Hi JoJo

Great to hear fm u.

Just curious, hv u gone for yr fittings??? When's yr photoshooting gonna be??

Thx....& I'll look forward to hearing fm u soon....

Cheers!!
dolphy68

jojo

Hi Totoro and Dolphy,

Just went for my first fitting last week. The gowns were terrific. It looked so good that I couldn't wait to put them on.
happy.gif
heehee...

My photoshoot is scheduled to be in June. I am excited and looking forward to it.

Totoro...rest assure that Yvonne will do a good job for you. I was very pleasantly suprised when I saw my gown cos it exceeded my expectations. I went with apprehension cos I don't know how the gown would turn out. However, they did a very good job and their gowns seemed to have a slimming effect on me too.

Lets continue to keep each other updated okie?

Cheers
JoJo

V

viffy

Hi JoJo,

Me also went down for my first fitting, but it was two days ago. I love my gowns except that they need some slight alterations.

May I know who is your makeup artist and photographer?