Yvonne Creative

tee

Hi Cin,

asap better as she can arrange other things to do. yap ! she is very good, i like all hairstyle and make up she had done 4 mi :)

carol

Have anyone try b4 Winnie as your makeup artist?? Is she good??

Actually when I sign up with YC, Yvonne told me that Dily will be my makup artist but now change it again.

Now I start to worry co's my photographer & makup artist also change.
sad.gif
Just wondering, is there anymore thing need to be change.........

carol

Hi Tee,

I sign up with YC co's of Dean & now they have change it to xiao cai. Even my makeup artist also change it to Winnie.

$

$face

Hi Carol,

Same here, mine contract was stated Dean as photographer but also change to xiao cai,
crazy.gif
Dean's work is better.

My makeup artist is Dily, I'm not so sure bout Winnie, but Dily not bad, the makeup are those natural type, which I like.

Have u gone for your trial mu yet? If u dun like then ask YC to give Dily back to u.

best wishes
bounce.gif

$face

singing

I think there is another photographer...a lady, seems quite pleasant. Anyone has photoshoot by her?
btw, anyone knows what will happen if it rains on the day of photoshoot?

cin

Hi Carol,

Actually i think Xiao Cai's work is good also lah... if not, my FH and I wouldn't have spent so much money topping up on our photos also right? hee hee...

Don't worry so much, I'm sure Yvonne wouldn't hire a photographer if she didn't think he could do the job right?

I haven't seen my album layout draft yet, but have already selected the photos Xiao Cai took of us. Ok lah, no complaints...except maybe some shots i look fat! haha...

Btw, if any of you like me are rom-ming soon, this is the latest news that just came in:-

Tuesday April 8, 2:17 PM
Crowds to be limited at marriage registries

Couples getting married at the Registry of Marriages and Registry of Muslim Marriages are advised to minimise crowding at the registries.

As a precautionary measure against the SARS virus, the Community Development and Sports Ministry urged couples to come for solemnisation only with their witnesses and immediate family members.

They are also advised to avoid bringing children with them.

But if couples wish to change the date of their solmenisation, they can do so online

Visitors to the registries are also advised to heed the Health Ministry's advice and not be at the registries if they have been to SARS-affected
countries, had direct contact with any SARS patients over the last two weeks, or are feeling unwell.

cookiemz

hi singing,

i saw the new lady photographer too, young looking, heard she just joined, so no albums to show yet.

if we reschedule the outdoor PS coz of bad weather, do we have to top up for the makeup artist? anybody knows?

june

The new young lady photographer is much more better than xiao cai,avoid xiao cai using photoshop to modifying your photos,he's skill is worse.

$

$face

Hi cookiemz

If it really rains on that day, there will be a charge for the mu artist to do the mu for you on another day.

But no other charges for anything else.
wink.gif

$face

carol

Hi $face,

I'll be going for my trial on 19/4/03. Hope everything will be going fine.

I'll also trying out my MTM WG & EG.

$

$face

Hi Carol,

Dun worry, you're going to be a beautiful bride.

Hope u can find nice gowns at YC.

Best wishes
bounce.gif

$face

linlin

Hi Gals,

I am new here. Hope you dun mind me joining in.
I signed up with YC too, Customary in Dec03.
I called up Yvonne to say I take photo in Sept. Do you think they can rush out my photos before Dec???? Quite worried they cannot make it(though she assured me she can)

Make-up artist how to choose???Dily seems the good choice to manyof you gals.

No advise from Yvonne when to go down for 1st appt leh. How??? Call her? Now SARS dunno safe to try gowns or not. hee hee
Thanks

cin

Hi LinLin,

Yup, call Yvonne to make your first appointment. A good gauge of when to see her is about six-seven months before your customary.

Shouldn't be a problem to get the photos out by december i think... is your wedding end December? I think if early december, best you take in August....or first week of Sept

We took ours in February, selected the photos in March, will look at the layout by end April, should be able to collect the album by mid-end May (my customary in June).

misc

Hi Lin Lin,

If you can't get Dily (if she's pretty tied up with her schedule), you can try other inhouse makeup artist too. Think most of them are pretty good. Well, it depends on individual preference. That's why there's this trial makeup session in the package...

Mine was Ponnie. She had done for my ROM and am personally quite satisfied.
Anyway, it's your judgement call to decide which one to get after all the info. sourcing and gathering...Have faith in your own choice. You will stay happy this way. ;)

Haven't taken the PS yet so no comment about it.
But am happy with the overall service provided by YC so far, especially during my gown selection (tried on so many gowns on so many days (3 different days) and they are still so patience with me and asked me to take my time until i had selected the one I like most) *touched*

Good luck and stay cheerful. You will definitely be a radiant and beautiful bride this year. Same blessing goes to all YC brides-to-be.. :D

cin

Anyone finished their photoshoot and collected photos already? Can share?

Actually, i also wanna see if Xiao Cai's style/pattern is all the same one or not... i saw some of Dean's (the previous photographer) work and i realised that some of Xiao Cai's pics and Dean's one, sort of the same...ie. same pose, same position, same corner of the studio, same props etc.

So maybe they are not that different after all
happy.gif

singing

Yah, I am also interested in looking at Xiao Cai's pics after all the comments but seems like there arent many albums to look at.
But I agree with misc that their service is quite good. Patient too.

linlin

Thanks Misc

Actually was quite 'regretiing" signing up with YC after seeing my friends wedding package/ photo shots done by Bridal Veil (Photographer Kim)for $3800, you can have all photos taken in CD-rom back! and one of the MTM gowns can be for keep. Plus the photographer is one of the four from Compass.And they didn't pester for you to increase your photos.I think I signed up too early - cos I was at the wedding fair at Suntec, yvonne approached me and pester lah.Signed up last sept i think. And wedding is this dec lor.
And talking about the photgrapher, they told me won't change one. Cos told them I liked his work. Now change liao - dunno how good already.
I called them up and booked appt im may liao.They told me to take pics in sept. scared not enough time for my dec wedding leh.
For those out there who done PS - still satisfied???

sorry - I paraniod lah.
Thanks

knowing

Hi Gals
My photos are taken by xiao cai
so far i find his photos still ok nt as bad as u gals think cos i ended up developing more than what's in the pkg

so since u made up yr mind to sign up w YC, be confident & communicate w them on what u want n what u expect I am sure they will try to accommodate
happy.gif

bt one thing try to take yr PS earlier as possible i think 3 months or more shld be safer cos mine was delayed
sad.gif

cin

HI LinLin,

I have taken and selected my photos already, just that the album is not done yet. Basically, so far, i have no complaints about the photos.

Like KNowing, i also ended up developing more pictures than what was in the package.

Btw, Linlin,

Which package did you sign up? All my gowns are MTM and one can take back. Also, after topping up on the photos with YC, they are giving us a cd-rom as well...almost same as Bridal Veil.

Actually i was considering Bridal Veil before hand, but I didn't like Michelle's attitude...sucks man, she seemed proud and arrogant cause there was a bride who was trying on different gowns to see which style/colour suited her, and instead of listening to the bride's opinions, Michelle sort of 'ordered' her around to choose this, choose that..instead of what the bride wanted.

So maybe after you take your photos, selected them, can discuss with Yvonne lor... i think that Yvonne is nice, and open for discussion to a certain extent...

misc

Hi Lin Lin,

understand why you regret..by comparison, of course the one that's come with cd-rom with all shots (digital, i guess) included is definitely more attractive.

Think limitation for YC is that they don't use digital camera. And this depends on individual preference too. Some may like to have digital shots while some still prefer the traditional way of having a traditional manual camera for their PS.

Hmm, if you really prefer to try out the digital shots, maybe you can chk with YC if they have photographer who is skilled in using digital camera?..Good luck and stay happy always! ;)

singing

Hi Lin Lin,
Understand how you felt coz i regretted initially too as I didnt look around but book with YC after just 1 trip to Suntec exhibition.
But make the best out of it since u have already decided. They are not that bad & quite friendly.
I just hope they are not too pushy when it comes to selling additional photos.

linlin

Hey Cin

How much you pay for your package (how come can take home and got CD rom one???)
Mine is the basic one at $2988 lor. (tight budget for wedding lah)
Was giving myself the limit of additional $500 to develop extra pics only.Cin, let me know how much you paid for CD rom etc - perhaps the rest of us can see how to bargain with Yvonne.
So far, no bad impression on her - very friendly etc. Just 'envy' other friends' packages lor.
Actually one friend got her photos back from YC. Not bad - should be by dean lor. She didnt' add a single extra photo and according to her, they not very happy.

cin

My basic package was $3588 with 2 gowns and suit MTM...can keep evening gown. Then, we paid another $380 to keep the suit.

For photos we topped up $4400... (yes, i know that is a lot of photos haha
crazy.gif
and that is why they threw in the cd-rom for free..cause we are spending so much money on them... also, as you can see, we are willing to pay quite a lot to top up the photos, guess Xiao Cai's work is ok right? so don't worry so much...

of course, if they don't give us value for what we paid for, we will complain/tell them lah!

singing

Hi Cin,
How many additional photos you got to come up to $4400. Photos must be good.
Did u pay additional for magazine style??
Yvonne must be happy to have customer like u!

cin

Hi Singing,

Our package comes with 22 photos, so we topped up about 100 more... yup, magazine style...

haha, but our pockets still pain pain leh...

photos ok lah,no complaints, so now see how he design lor... as long as i don't look fat can already haha

linlin

Oh Gosh Cin! You sure 'bear' to pay so much for the photos - which is nearly all those that he took right??? (they will take about 100+ photos for us eh??)No wonder got CD Rom.Yvonne must be grinning from ear to ear. haha.
Upon hearing that, I more reassured liao, photo quality should be up to standard then. Anyway, any idea if we can ask for ALL the samples to take home??? Perhaps pay 'a little bit' more?
So envy - but I cannot spend so much.....got very tight budget lah.*sigh*
Know what - a colleague went to Johor to take.Myr4000+(About S$2k) got nearly 40 pages of magazine style photo album, 2 big posters, a few table tops and all samples and negatives back. And good quality leh! Wow! (Ops, shouldn't go envy others again)

Hey Singing, when is your Customary?

cin

Hi LinLin,

No lah, we only selected half...he took 200+ shots of us, i only selected half...me very fussy one leh...
happy.gif

linlin

Hi Cin
That's good. Magazine style is more "PRO" and special than the normal one.
Looking forward to my 1st appt on 5 may.Anyway, all gals out there - is the 1st appt to try gowns and find your actual day gown?? How abt MTM gown, also same day decide?? Make up artist also that day too??? PS day also decide on that day???
Ops sorry so many questions....... cos my work is very busy during some months but super 'eng' in other months.So got to compromise with FH.
Thanks

singing

LinLin,
For me, 1st appt is to try out wedding gown,off the rack kind.
2nd appt choose ROM gown.
MTM evening gown is during 3rd appt.
Make up artist, they decide for me, didnt get to choose.
PS no lah, u can decide later.
but can assure u, 1st time gown fitting is fun = )

& my customary is in dec.

linlin

Hi Singing
Your customary same mth as me!Mine on 21st. You?
Oh my - you already gone for MTM gown etc so fast???? I haven't even been to my 1st appointment yet. When you planning to take PS?

cin

Hi hi,

Do any of you know where to change new notes, for the ang paos? I just heard that the banks only issue new notes once a year and that is only during CNY. Then how?? $10 and $50 are easy to get through the ATM, but $2 is the ma fan one... anyone know where to change new $2 notes?

linlin

Hi Cin
Did you try asking the banks yet??? May have leh.
not sure if the Mint there have or not- the one that issues coins during new year.

I kiasu, already changed a few hundreds during the new year already. hee hee

Then again, may not be necessary new notes lah, was a "ah Yi" in Jan and my friend gave old notes. Dun mind actually, still $$$$$.

carol

Hi $face,

I went for my make-up trial, not very happy with it. Winnie make until my eye very swollen & black.
sad.gif

Maybe ask Yvonne try to change it back to Dily.

I'm very happy with my WG & EG.

$

$face

Hi Carol,

Good day
bounce.gif

Swollen and black, she must have used a lot of dark colours? if u dun like, better let her know.

Dily used very natural pale colour for me (I requested for it) and it's actually like no make-up like that, but I like la.

Great that u're happy with your WG and EG, so when the 'big day'. Wishing u a happy n blissful marriage.

Regards,

$face
wink.gif

carol

Hi $face,

Thanks. My big day is on 14 Sep 2003 & Wedding Dinner is on 18 Sep 2003. We separate it out co's there is no more weekend slot at orchard area (I mean those hotel we prefer).

I told her but she said that it suitable for me. I'll talk to Yovnne regarding this matter.

Regards,
Carol

cin

Hi Carol, $face,

Yup, Dily's makeup style is more natural... look like not much makeup on, i like that kind of makeup...

Is there a new female photographer there, or is she Xiao Cai's helper? Any of you having photoshoot these few days? The sky quite hazy leh, will it affect your outdoor pictures?
uhoh.gif

carol

Hi Cin,

Not too sure co's my photoshoot is at June.

What I know is there will be a lady coming along when we go for outdoor photoshoot.

Regards,
Carol

snowcat

hi all,
Just wanted to tell those who signed up with Yvonne that you have made the right choice! They provide very good service, especially Feng Jie, she's so patient, understanding and nice. Also I strongly recommend my makeup artist Jacqueline. I was so impressed by her makeup, coz I was so worried that my makeup will make me look old, but it turn out so nice. My photos also turn out nice. I'm one very satisfied customer. Let me know if you all have any queries. BTW my customary wedding was on 8th March 2003.

cin

Hi Snowcat,

Was your photographer Dean or Xiao Cai? Also, what kind of rental car was under your package? Was the car decorations nice? My FH and I are thinking of using the YC car as the second wedding car (for bros and ah yees), but not sure about what kind of car deco they provide. thanks!

C

cutie22

Hi gals!

I had chosen my photos and i am quite pleased. Chosen 50 photos. Hope album will be out soon.

I chose most of the outdoor shots cos I dun fancy those "posey" photos. However, the night shots at Fullerton turned out awful. Either too bright or too dark. Didnt choose any of those.

Overall, i am quite happy with the results.

july

Hi Cin,

No my PS will be in June , going for my trial make-up next week.

Hi Cutie22,

Is your photograper Xiao Cai, and who is your makeup artist?

Regards,
July

cookiemz

Hi Cutie22,

were your night shots at Fullerton outdoor or indoors? mind me asking how much would you have to top up for your photos? thanks..

C

cutie22

Hi July,

My photographer is Xiao Cai and makeup artist is Minnie. Am v happy with Minnie's makeup and hairdo. I heard fm my friend that there's another photographer in YC??? Who huh?

Hi cookiemz,

My night shots at Fullerton is outdoor. Disappointing... Chosen altogether 50 photos and top up extra 1.5k.