Yvonne Creative

knowing

hi mialeng

i have some doubts on Dily cos that day my trial makeup wasn't v satisfactorily the lipstick colors she chose for me is simply UGLY
till i saw my own digital photos

two of my gfs have used her & are pleased w her
so i'll see hw my ps goes then update u gals
if ok will stick to her for my actual

as my face is round nt sure if she can design a hairstyle which will enhance further my mooncake face ha ha ha

M

mialeng

hi knowing

My face also 'round round + broad broad' one, me oso not photogenic sort, so really hope when my turn for PS, my face will not be like "pao". That's when make-up artist and photographer have to use their magic to make me look pretty.

So for your trial makeup, what lipstick colour she choose?? if not maybe you can suggest what u like?? your hair all bun-up type of style??

ok, hear from you soon when your PS are over.

C Ya!

Cheers,
mialeng

aimee

Hi all,

My photos are ready liao!!!Going down to c tonight. Hope they are nice.
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

Don't worry too much.
wink.gif
Since Dily is gd, she will know how to make you look mei mei for the PS. Probably, you wan to cut some pictures of the kind of make-up you prefer and convey to her on your PS.

happy.gif

knowing

Hi mialeng

She says have to bun up if nt like normal occasion
so bun up w fringe on the sides to cover the face i think

Hi aimee
the problem is i seldom makeup so i also nt sure which color suits me
tht's y i really have to depend on her

So aimeee, hope u will like ALL yr photos
but dun end up spending too much huh

tee

Hi mialeng,

I have my trial make-up last week and was pleased with it, me seldom make-up type so was quite worry. i show Dily some bridal magazine photo that was natural and she did it. after that my husband said that my make-up was too simple, no colour.(but that was what i requested) He said i should let Dily 'fa-hui''cos she will know what kind of make-up suit me. haha, i really like the lips colour which she choose for me :)

M

mialeng

Hi Tee

Yes I agreed too, I also seldom make-up, and is afraid of those "wa-yang" chinese opera makeup. Maybe just let Dily 'fa hui', who knows she might come up with nice colors which I have never tried on myself before:)

Have a nice weekends,

cheers
mialeng

aimee

Hi Tee & knowing,

Overall the picutres are nice. The credits shld go to the make-up artist and Xiao Cai. He knows how to capture the best angle of us, so no worries. I hv develop additional pictures, so total is about 50.

:p

M

mialeng

Hi Tee

Good day,

My trial make-up coming soon, cannot tell actual date, wait staff at YC know who I am. No more mysterious gal then.

Ok, when are you going for your PS, any nice place, with lots of greenery to recommend??

Cheers,

Merry X'mas to all of you girls here, have a jolly good time.

mialeng

tee

Hi mialeng,

Merry X'mas to u too and to all of YC brides
hee hee we wanted to choose Marina City Park and another place still KIV 1st as we wanted to explore more places for green and blue

Hi aimee,

AR.... you have choosen extra photos, glad to know that you are happy with your photos, that's good, so how much do you need to top up additional $ ?

knowing

Hi YC brides
Merry xmas too (hee hee I am late)

Hi aimee
can let me know what are the items you prepare for yr PS day?
hw long it takes?

aimee

Hi Tee

I hv not finalise the pics yet. Hv selected about 50 but may need to make some chges.

Hi Knowing,

I juz prepared a bottle of water with a straw and face blotters. The whole session started from 10am till 6 +. The indoor session started at about 12 and lasted till 3+. As it was raining heavily in the afternoon, we only manage to leave for the outdoor almost @ 5pm.

:p

knowing

Hi aimee
Thanks for sharing
Ok will go n get the above items u mentioned
i also worry it will rain

wow 10am till 6plus
so tiring huh
i am a nt like to take photos person
hopefully its nt a boring session

P

particular

Dear all,

Can I find out - for those who had your outdoor shoots already, did YC advise you guys on what are the things to take note of the night before the photo-taking eg. don't drink too much water so that won't get puffy eyes, buy corset to enhance cleavage, etc??

aimee

Hi Knowing,

U r welcome.
happy.gif
Xiao Cai will teach you how to pose and most of the time will be keeping changing cos I hv 5 chg of gowns. It may be tiring but definitely not boring.
biggrin.gif
. Do hv a early rest on eve of yr PS. I did not rest early. During the outdoor session, I was already worn out. I look quite 'stone' in some of my outdoor pictures.
sad.gif

So hv u choose another pl besides the Changi?

Hi Particular,

YC will advise you to rest early on the night before. I bought the corset mainly is to high my 'spare tyres'
biggrin.gif
. The corset can help to enhance clearvage??? How huh??
uhoh.gif

P

particular

Hi Aimee,

I thought girdle is to hide the tummy, then corset is for creating the 'drain'... I guess my vocabulary is limited then, didn't know a corset is also called a girdle... :p

Some of my girlfriends' bridal boutiques would give them advice eg. don't drink too much water after 10pm, don't wear too tight bra before going for photo shoots, etc.. and they were telling me that bridal boutiques would tell you that before the photo shoot but my photo shoots are coming and nobody tell me that... which I am not very happy about it.. they should let us know mah.. afterall, it's the first time for most of us, unlike them, they are experienced already...

aimee

Hi Particular,

A girdle is different from a corset. True enough, girdle is to hide tummy, but ppl like me has more than one 'spare typres' need to buy corset to hide and create a 'waist' lah.
rofl.gif

Don't be angry.
wink.gif
Yvonne did give me a call on the night to remind me to sleep early. You can also heed your gf advice not to drink too much water after 10pm. Just be happy and relax for the PS.
biggrin.gif

So who is your make-up artist and where are you going for the PS??
happy.gif

cowie

Hi girls,
Dun mind me popping in again
lame.gif
The night before your photoshoot, try not to wear a bra to sleep. This is to prevent getting those bra marks on your back esp if you are wearing low back gowns
wink.gif
Even in the morning when I went for the photoshoot, I didn't wear a bra, I just pasted on those bra support pads that can be purchased from departmental store counters.

P

particular

Hi Aimee,

Thanks for enlightening me.. heee.. me quite bad in these kind of terms (girdle, corset,etc)...

Hi Cowie(cowie),

Is it necessary to wear those support pads even though YC already provided pads in the gowns? What kind of pads are they? What is the brand and how much is it? Can I also know where did you buy it from? Me really quite sua ku.. so I would really appreciate your advice. Thanks!

knowing

Hi all gals
my ps tomorrow
but happen my "auntie" came & visit me
is there any place or time i can change during my PS?

Hi Cowie
where can i get those support pads u mentioned
besides shopping centres, watson have??
cos i have no time to shop tonight & going for my manicure & pedicure tonite

i also v blur those girdle & corsett issue
but i want the front nt to sag cos didn't wear bra n also hide the tummy

cowie

Hi Particular and Knowing,

It is not "necessary", but in my case, I feel very "bare" without bra when I go to the studio. So I used these. They are actually stick-on bras. I cannot remember the brand, but I got them at Robinsons counters.... I have seen them at Metro also. Not sure if Watson has them, can always check with them. For that matter, just walk into any lingerie shop and ask, they may have. But do not get the wrong thing..... these are not the usual nipple stickers. It comes in a pack of 3 pairs. I used one pair for my photoshoot, one one pair for my actual day day and night respectively. One pack like that cost about $10.80, I think...... They have cup size.... like A, B or C.... so do not buy wrongly. The instructions on how to use it is on the package itself.

But this is not a must, so Knowing, if you do not have the time, don't bother. Just wear a dark blouse when you go to the studio tomorrow..... try not to wear bra. As for the need to visit the toilet, you can do so when you change your outfits. Just let your make-up artist know that you need to visit the toilet and they will co-ordinate. No worries
happy.gif
But do visit the toilet before you go on your out-door shoot okay..... more difficult if you have to look for one on the way.....

All the best to your photoshoot
happy.gif

For those of you wearing girdle and corset, do take note of the level of your corset and the back of your gown hor..... you dun want things peaking out from the gown right......

P

particular

Hi Cowie(cowie),

Just wondering.. these stick-on bras are just stick-ons only, if I am not wrong, it is not very thick ones right? That is to say, after sticking that, we still need to use YC's padding underneath the gowns, right? That means, it's like wearing 2 bras, am I correct?

Is there anything else to take note for photo-taking? Besides drinking water the day before and the bra thingy?

cowie

Hi Particular,
Yup, they are very thin ones. So, you will still need the normal padding for the gowns. This sticking ones is just to make you feel more secure and less bare. Not an absolute must have
happy.gif

Just relax, dun get too excited as that will cos you to feel alert and you cannot sleep well. Well, not to drink too much water near sleeping time, not to drink stimulating drinks like coffee, tea or ginseng drink to near evening time as these can cause alertness and hence you may not sleep well. But do not worry too much..... cos even if you do wake up with some puffy face, the photoshoot is only from 11am or so onwards right? So, still have time for the puffiness to go down.

On the photoshoot day itself, do pack along some chocolate bars or kitkat chunky... in my case, we didn't really stop for lunch, but we had all these chocolates to keep us going. Do not go without food okay, it will only cos you to look tired in the photos. Bulk in on the chocolates :p Your hubby can go down to watson to grab some while you do your change
lol.gif

knowing

Hi Cowie
Thanks for yr informative info
will pack some snacks along
jus bought my oil blotting paper
n wet tissue just nw

but i dun know y suddenly i feel like
i am going to fall sick liao
sad.gif

cowie

Knowing,

No probs at all
happy.gif

Dun worry too much. Just drink more water (now.... not after 9) and just relax. Dun think too much yah
wink.gif
Just enjoy your photoshoot
happy.gif
May the sun shine brightly for you tomorrow
happy.gif

knowing

Hi Cowie
U're so sweeet .....
Xiaocai & YC tt young gal called me & told me the same thing SLEEP EARLY HOR

Enjoy yr weekends & share w u my PS outcome

P

particular

Hi Knowing,

Wah.. u are really 'knowing'.. sounds so experienced... thanks for the thoughtful suggestion of packing some chocolates - cos my hubby (even myself) has high metabolic rate and gets hungry easily... :p

P

particular

Oops, sorry, thank the wrong person, the message above should be for Cowie (cowie).. sorry, me blur today

cowie

Hey, you girls are making me float......
rofl.gif

Yup Knowing, must let us know of the outcome of the PS
happy.gif

Particular..... well, I have gone through it before and just sharing my experience with the new YC brides
happy.gif
If you really get hungry easily, make sure you have high energy food with you cos once you are hungry..... you will look tired..... not nice....
nono.gif

knowing

Halo gals
I am back
update u all on my Ps
i reach YC at 9am cos they told me these few days weather always nt so good but luckily it didn't rain a single drop yesterday I feel v blessed

& my whole ps ended at 8pm (v long hor, i think at half way thru my hubby & I can't smile liao)

I am v v pleased w Dily, she is v good at doing different sorts of hairdo, according to all the outfit i wear she design on the spot what hairdo for it....SPecial thanks to her.......
as for makeup she's good too fm hw she shave my uneven eyebrows to level etc etc (i hope photos come out then i can comment much)
my advise to yc brides; take Dily, she's v skilful & experienced & also v nice n patient lady

I went Changi for my ps, take the greeneries as well as seaside shoots then went to Fullerton One to take night shoots (as recommended by XiaoCai)

Nt sure if my photos turn out good or nt, but i am really bad at posing n smiling
hee hee hee

thanks gals for helping me along my ps trip
happy.gif

tee

Hi knowing,

heng hor, never rain, now should be very 'kan cheong' 2 c your photos right ? when is your photos ready ? update us o.k.

P

particular

Hi Cowie (cowie)

Just wondering, have u collected your photos liow? Sorry huh, I lazy to read back the past messages, so if this is a repeated question, pai-say huh...
happy.gif

I would like to take a look at your wedding photos.. if you don't mind....
happy.gif

K

knowng

Hi Tee
i nt kan cheong abt my photos
jus worried it won't turn out nice
cos i v ugly on photos (aiyah)

Hi Cowie
u are nt busy body lah
u helped us alot
n shared w us yr experience
kind of u to do so

P

particular

Hi Cowie (cowie),

No lah! U are not busybodying, I have a friend who's married and sometimes she still pop by to look look see see... I think it's really nice of you to help brides-to-be so that they won't make any unnecessary mistakes... I think all YC brides would be grateful to you for life!!
happy.gif

Wah... your photos very nice... I like the first one with you and your hubby in the background smooching and the highlight was the wedding bands.. so artistic... but, the pity is - why so few photos????!!!
happy.gif
Ai ya, I thought can see more...

But thanks so much for sharing... I really appreciate it.

cowie

Hi Particular,
Thanks for your compliments....so few photos ah....erhm, if I put up somemore, some of my friends will complain that they take forever to download them
biggrin.gif

Particular and Knowing,
I have been through the entire process and know how daunting it can get at times.... will be willing to share as much as I know
happy.gif

tee

Hi Cowie,

your high heel how many inch har ?
my husband is very tall ley, i need to buy at least 4 inch high heel, any idea where to get, i went to lucky plaza, city plaza, marina metro, raffles city etc.. all can't find ley.

cowie

Hi Tee,
Mine is 4" high
happy.gif
My hubby is also very tall. I bought those with a platform at the front part.... it makes walking more comfortable and easier too
lame.gif
I bought mine at Lorenza.... it is a shoe shop in Marina Sq, the same side as MacDonalds. The design is very simple, but I have tried platforms from other shops, and find that theirs is shaped really comfortably. I didn't get tired feet at all after wearing them the entire day.
happy.gif

cat

Hi Aimee,

I hope you read this message because now your photoshoot is over and everything.

Anyway I was hoping you could help me by telling me where you intended to have your photoshoot. I read from above that you had it at Katong bakery.

You are lucky to have it there as it is closing down in April. I am trying to rush my photoshoot to April so I can take some pictures there also. The bakery belongs to my FH family and it is nice for him and his family.

If you could please email me so I can ask you what shots Xiaocai is good at capturing particularly in the bakery. My email is [email protected]

Thanks

Cat

somebody

Hi,

I heard from my friends b4 that make-up artist uses 'ampule'. Can anybody tell me what is it used for and whether if it is for actual day or studio photography?

The cost is about $30?

autumn

Hai, I signed up for YC package 2 mths ago. But I can't help it but keep feeling that the no. of photos that they given me is a bit too little 12"x15" - 20pcs or 10" x 12" - 23 pcs. I pay $2988 for the package.

Anyone just sign up recently? We can compare the package.

knowing

Hi somebody

ampule is used for photoshooting makeup n actual day, it is a liquid form to be placed on yr face so that yr face can carry the makeup longer as in absorb the makeup better but if yr skin is v good maybe u need nt use that
I am a yc bride they charge me $40 for ampule n fake eyelashes
happy.gif

Hi autumn
I think the no of photos they gave u shld be correct....but usually u will end up developing more tt's y most bridal give only a minimal amt of photos they earn by people developing more

snowcat

Hi ppl,
My photoshoot is 2 weeks later. Recently I've been sick for sometime and developed rashes especially on the upper part of my body. Do you think makeup can conceal my rashes such that during the photography it will look obvious. I'm trying to reduce the redness now.
I also kinda doubt Xiaocai's skill, coz' recently I saw some photos done by him, nothing fantastic leh. How abt the rest, what's your feedback?
Also Fengjie allocated someone called Jaslyn or something to be my makeup artist. Anyone's makeup done by her before? Thanks

knowing

Hi Snowcat

dun worry they can use face powder to cover for u the redness even it appears on photo they can use computer to touch up for u ..

hmmm as for skills dun worry so much jus relax & enjoy yr ps w xiaocai i believe he can capture the best of u in the photos

i have recently chosen my photos so far no complains abt his works

Jaslyn i didn't hear of this name nt too sure i only know Dily & Fadizah

cowie

Hi Snowcat,
Have you been given any medication by the doctor? There are medications which can reduce the rash and redness.... moreover, you still have two weeks, shouldn't be a problem
happy.gif
Dun worry too much
happy.gif

Sorry, have not heard of Jaslyn..... you have a trial make-up session right? Wouldn't you be meeting up with her then?