what should i do ? i feel helpless.. can anybody give me advice?

IZAKHOME

Hi everybody, this is the first time I’m using forum in my life, i really out of choice, i can’t solve things by myself anymore, please help me,,,

A little background of my case, I'm 28 years old and he is 31, we get to know each other 5 years ago, we joined banking together as batch mates, we worked so hard, so hard, we were soul mate, we were best friend, people in the branch all anti us but we continue work hard toward our career dream, we gets promoted together everything single time. we were like the prince and princess in the bank, At that time, he has a GF for 5 years( maybe or even longer). there were some problems between them but eventually, they gets married. within a year, we fall in love, the love for me is nothing more nothing less, i didn’t want to be a 3rd party and i do not wish to push anything , eventually, he moved out from his house, because he said: This is not fair to you. they renounced the marriage.

Life was good after we being together , we build our dream, we still work hard, 2 years after we bought a condo, we bought a dog, we bought a car. we had everything that a family should have. life is good right ? with our age and the things that we have.

Life was not good after we touch the 3rd year, things just suddenly turns from heaven to hell. everything starts from this....

He is a ambitious guy, always wanted to be on top of everything , dream of success, dream about earning big money, drive a good car. I supported him, being with a foreign bank can never make you really rich, of course, it won’t makes you poor, i encouraged him to go to local bank, he was afraid at start, afraid of the environment , afraid of the trade off , afraid of failure. I encouraged him, supported him , always being positive about this. He finally made his decision to move on, This is not a joke, the stress is not a joke, he become a bit crazy over his job, our topic were always on his work, colleague, boss, client , nothing more. he feel constantly stress, tired, helpless, he drinks beer everyday at home, smokes non stop. I know, he just want to be good, he wants to show everybody he can make it. i understand.

We had a promise, i will bring him for a trip every year during his birthday, this year, i planned Taiwan, tickets were booked, pending on some other admin staff, i have been chasing him for months but he just dragged it day by day , week by week month by month until i couldn't take it anymore, I ask him:" do you really want this trip, if you don’t want, at least you should tell me " He answered :" yes, this trip makes me feel so so stress, i remember the things i need to do but i just can’t leave my working table, by sitting in front of my working table makes me feel secure even by doing nothing. if i really go , it will be a 8 days trip, but my target are still running , I’m sorry , i just don’t feel like going "

This incident trigged everything, everything,

* I found out he lie to me, told me that he is having meeting but ended up dinner with colleague

* During his business trip in china, he supposed to be in Beijing but he ended up in Shanghai

* He posted something on wechat dedicated to another female colleague. ( Just FYI, if you post something dedicated to someone, others couldn't see the post. i found out this when i look through his phone)

I become inpatient, become crazy, when he is not around i keep calling him, not to solve the problem but wanted a answer, i couldn’t sleep at night, i can’t eat normally, can’t focus on work, i just simply can’t do anything , you guys know right, day time still fine, night time is the horrible part , my daily routine is to call him ( when he was not in town ) at 10 pm or 11 pm or 12 pm and start to pushing him to give me an answer, i did it wrong right guys? i should give him time, but i just cant. . . .

On this day, both of us were exhausted, he said: I want to move out . I agreed. we both agree that this is not a break up, just give each other sometime, first week, no message, no calls , no contact, second week we started to talk, sometimes still argue but sometimes just fine, i asked him to come back, after 2 weeks. we decided to work things out, to continue our relationship, but things just can’t be worked out, i become super sensitive, every time he didn’t pick up my calls i wil start to think a lot. started to question him, doubt him, i push him away ask for break up, after that i will pull him back and tell him lets work things out, He feel tired, i feel tired too. until this stage, i can see things are really going nowhere, everything argument are the same topics, yesterday he told me that he can’t picture the day he marry me. this is hurt, But i still don’t want to give up on us by saying all the positive things, admin my mistake, promise to improve myself. But i can see the differences on his face compare with last time, he slowly changed, there is no more love.

I proposed to him today to visit a counselor , He agree, guys, any advice which counselling should i go ? i tried to call Jessica leong, but her appointments are fully booked until Sep, i can’t wait, we can’t be like this, not even a single day. should i just go to visit the counselor at CCs?

foolishguy

If he can give up his 5yr relationship with his ex and also forego his marriage and come together with you...

What kind of commitment do you expect from a guy like this?

Sorry to say this but some people just treat relationship as a game... once sick of it will move on to new target..

miloice

Hi everybody, this is the first time I’m using forum in my life, i really out of choice, i can’t solve things by myself anymore, please help me,,,

A little background of my case, I'm 28 years old and he is 31, we get to know each other 5 years ago, we joined banking together as batch mates, we worked so hard, so hard, we were soul mate, we were best friend, people in the branch all anti us but we continue work hard toward our career dream, we gets promoted together everything single time. we were like the prince and princess in the bank, At that time, he has a GF for 5 years( maybe or even longer). there were some problems between them but eventually, they gets married. within a year, we fall in love, the love for me is nothing more nothing less, i didn’t want to be a 3rd party and i do not wish to push anything , eventually, he moved out from his house, because he said: This is not fair to you. they renounced the marriage.

Life was good after we being together , we build our dream, we still work hard, 2 years after we bought a condo, we bought a dog, we bought a car. we had everything that a family should have. life is good right ? with our age and the things that we have.

Life was not good after we touch the 3rd year, things just suddenly turns from heaven to hell. everything starts from this....

He is a ambitious guy, always wanted to be on top of everything , dream of success, dream about earning big money, drive a good car. I supported him, being with a foreign bank can never make you really rich, of course, it won’t makes you poor, i encouraged him to go to local bank, he was afraid at start, afraid of the environment , afraid of the trade off , afraid of failure. I encouraged him, supported him , always being positive about this. He finally made his decision to move on, This is not a joke, the stress is not a joke, he become a bit crazy over his job, our topic were always on his work, colleague, boss, client , nothing more. he feel constantly stress, tired, helpless, he drinks beer everyday at home, smokes non stop. I know, he just want to be good, he wants to show everybody he can make it. i understand.

We had a promise, i will bring him for a trip every year during his birthday, this year, i planned Taiwan, tickets were booked, pending on some other admin staff, i have been chasing him for months but he just dragged it day by day , week by week month by month until i couldn't take it anymore, I ask him:" do you really want this trip, if you don’t want, at least you should tell me " He answered :" yes, this trip makes me feel so so stress, i remember the things i need to do but i just can’t leave my working table, by sitting in front of my working table makes me feel secure even by doing nothing. if i really go , it will be a 8 days trip, but my target are still running , I’m sorry , i just don’t feel like going "

This incident trigged everything, everything,

* I found out he lie to me, told me that he is having meeting but ended up dinner with colleague

* During his business trip in china, he supposed to be in Beijing but he ended up in Shanghai

* He posted something on wechat dedicated to another female colleague. ( Just FYI, if you post something dedicated to someone, others couldn't see the post. i found out this when i look through his phone)

I become inpatient, become crazy, when he is not around i keep calling him, not to solve the problem but wanted a answer, i couldn’t sleep at night, i can’t eat normally, can’t focus on work, i just simply can’t do anything , you guys know right, day time still fine, night time is the horrible part , my daily routine is to call him ( when he was not in town ) at 10 pm or 11 pm or 12 pm and start to pushing him to give me an answer, i did it wrong right guys? i should give him time, but i just cant. . . .

On this day, both of us were exhausted, he said: I want to move out . I agreed. we both agree that this is not a break up, just give each other sometime, first week, no message, no calls , no contact, second week we started to talk, sometimes still argue but sometimes just fine, i asked him to come back, after 2 weeks. we decided to work things out, to continue our relationship, but things just can’t be worked out, i become super sensitive, every time he didn’t pick up my calls i wil start to think a lot. started to question him, doubt him, i push him away ask for break up, after that i will pull him back and tell him lets work things out, He feel tired, i feel tired too. until this stage, i can see things are really going nowhere, everything argument are the same topics, yesterday he told me that he can’t picture the day he marry me. this is hurt, But i still don’t want to give up on us by saying all the positive things, admin my mistake, promise to improve myself. But i can see the differences on his face compare with last time, he slowly changed, there is no more love.

I proposed to him today to visit a counselor , He agree, guys, any advice which counselling should i go ? i tried to call Jessica leong, but her appointments are fully booked until Sep, i can’t wait, we can’t be like this, not even a single day. should i just go to visit the counselor at CCs?
No doubt, there are issues in your relationship, however, you are not even in control of your own emotions. Take the time to sort out yourself. To be at peace, to reflect over everything. It is human to be emotional, no one is going to fault you for feeling. There are ups and downs. Do you ruin everything with insecurity? Chasing him for answers doesn't give you any. Observe and reflect. Your intuition tells you, just often, you are stubborn to accept.

IZAKHOME

No doubt, there are issues in your relationship, however, you are not even in control of your own emotions. Take the time to sort out yourself. To be at peace, to reflect over everything. It is human to be emotional, no one is going to fault you for feeling. There are ups and downs. Do you ruin everything with insecurity? Chasing him for answers doesn't give you any. Observe and reflect. Your intuition tells you, just often, you are stubborn to accept.
Hey you are really right .. I should control my emotion , I'm trying my very best now, Everytime when I feel emotional I will think of what you said to me , really helpful

IZAKHOME

If he can give up his 5yr relationship with his ex and also forego his marriage and come together with you...

What kind of commitment do you expect from a guy like this?

Sorry to say this but some people just treat relationship as a game... once sick of it will move on to new target..
You are right . Sometimes I will just think this way , I'm way better than his ex , they were married and I'm lucky in the sense of the relationship , but I always thought I will be the special one , the one will change him and make him stay faithful , maybe that's personality ? Personality hard to change ? Just Matter of the time ?

miloice

You are right . Sometimes I will just think this way , I'm way better than his ex , they were married and I'm lucky in the sense of the relationship , but I always thought I will be the special one , the one will change him and make him stay faithful , maybe that's personality ? Personality hard to change ? Just Matter of the time ?
that is why there is a saying women love their men bad. Somehow, they have their fantasy that they will be the last woman for their playboy. After some time, you have to plant your feet back on the ground and reflect what are you into.

Merryl.lee

I may be wrong, but somehow I feel like the more girls seem desperate to have control over them, the more they move away. maybe if hard way dont work, try soft way? Don't keep insisting how your r/s should be. maybe let nature take its course. let him realise naturally on your importance.

meimei1601

When there isn't any trust in a relationships it just won't work. No matter how much u try.. everything he do will give u the benefit of doubts. Every calls he made u will suspect something. Every time he is away. U will start to wonder whr he goes, what he is doing and who he is with. Even he tell u the truth u will doubt, he lied u will convince urself it's true.. its very painful and torturing to go on like this.
Somehow I agree with foolish guy, if he can give up a commitment of 5 yrs. He can give up anything or maybe not.
The worst part of us ladies is always believe that we will be the last one and only one who can change him. Always believe that we are the only one he truly love. But leopard will never changes it's spot.
One thing I think u need to do is gain back the trust on him. When u decided to forgive.. seriously forgive and forget.
Personality will only change when something big impact them. Usually it's difficult. Doesn't mean it won't, but not sure it's going to be in time for u to see it. Getting a 3rd party (counsellor) who doesn't know u and him to figure out what happen between 2 of u are good, just both hv to be truthful. And both are on the same page to makes things better.
Sometime words are out to hurt others when one is angry or in extreme stress. if u said he is those who always wan to to win and successful and take no way to failure, than he needs help. He is in a huge stress and mess. When guys are in such mess.. relationship sometime is a hurdles to them.
I believe u are a very sensitive lady and very emotional. I dont think u are trying to control him, or really wantz him to change into a perfect lover but Once u realise his attention on u is getting lesser the sense of security that he gave u will get lesser too and that's where u get too emotional. I guess all u want to have is his little TLC. U want to know he is the guy u can rely on and he is equally committed as u in this relationship.
Sometime try to live a life that u can live without anyone, being too reliance on someone makes u too paranoid. Don't expect anyone to change for u, being in a relationship is accepting who the person is. Bad habit and behaviour can be change over time, but unfortunately bad character and personality are just too difficult. If you cannot accept the person u are with, u will have to detech urself asap.
Well.... A Chinese saying 实在放不下,就继续喜欢吧,也许你会感动他,也许你会累到放手。meaning.. If u really can't let go than continue to like/love him, maybe he will be touch by u one day or maybe u will eventually let go when u are too exhausted and disappointed to carry on.
I love urself more... think more about urself. Hope to see u all happy again

Last edited:

IZAKHOME

When there isn't any trust in a relationships it just won't work. No matter how much u try.. everything he do will give u the benefit of doubts. Every calls he made u will suspect something. Every time he is away. U will start to wonder whr he goes, what he is doing and who he is with. Even he tell u the truth u will doubt, he lied u will convince urself it's true.. its very painful and torturing to go on like this.
Somehow I agree with foolish guy, if he can give up a commitment of 5 yrs. He can give up anything or maybe not.
The worst part of us ladies is always believe that we will be the last one and only one who can change him. Always believe that we are the only one he truly love. But leopard will never changes it's spot.
One thing I think u need to do is gain back the trust on him. When u decided to forgive.. seriously forgive and forget.
Personality will only change when something big impact them. Usually it's difficult. Doesn't mean it won't, but not sure it's going to be in time for u to see it. Getting a 3rd party (counsellor) who doesn't know u and him to figure out what happen between 2 of u are good, just both hv to be truthful. And both are on the same page to makes things better.
Sometime words are out to hurt others when one is angry or in extreme stress. if u said he is those who always wan to to win and successful and take no way to failure, than he needs help. He is in a huge stress and mess. When guys are in such mess.. relationship sometime is a hurdles to them.
I believe u are a very sensitive lady and very emotional. I dont think u are trying to control him, or really wantz him to change into a perfect lover but Once u realise his attention on u is getting lesser the sense of security that he gave u will get lesser too and that's where u get too emotional. I guess all u want to have is his little TLC. U want to know he is the guy u can rely on and he is equally committed as u in this relationship.
Sometime try to live a life that u can live without anyone, being too reliance on someone makes u too paranoid. Don't expect anyone to change for u, being in a relationship is accepting who the person is. Bad habit and behaviour can be change over time, but unfortunately bad character and personality are just too difficult. If you cannot accept the person u are with, u will have to detech urself asap.
Well.... A Chinese saying 实在放不下,就继续喜欢吧,也许你会感动他,也许你会累到放手。meaning.. If u really can't let go than continue to like/love him, maybe he will be touch by u one day or maybe u will eventually let go when u are too exhausted and disappointed to carry on.
I love urself more... think more about urself. Hope to see u all happy again

Hey Mei Mei ( not sure if I should call
You like that ) but really thank you for the long reply . Really appreciate it .. Haven't update the post for awhile , many things I found out . Let's talk about the bad news first , in the first post I was mentioned about the business trip to Beijing and ended up in Shanghai , ok , here is the new story , he actually went to sh with the girl , they took the different flight to hide it from his colleague and me . 3 days in sh, I can imaging how sweet they were , he cancelled our Taiwan trip which I've planed for his birthday and ended up in sh with the girl . they normally make out at the girl' place during working hour , how many times ? I dunno ...
But , he made a big decision , he has resigned . Left the place that he has a big dream on , the last day when he told the girl , the girl desperately wannted to meet him just for 15 min and even waited him around our place . But he didn't reply the message and he off his phone .
I found out the all those after he decided to leave his job .
Trust or not ? I seriously have no idea , I totally agree the ' forgive and forget ' theory . But Everytime when I look at his face look at his body , I feel uncomfortable , I started to image how they make out , every single sexual details . It's a nightmare ....

life_is

Hey Mei Mei ( not sure if I should call
You like that ) but really thank you for the long reply . Really appreciate it .. Haven't update the post for awhile , many things I found out . Let's talk about the bad news first , in the first post I was mentioned about the business trip to Beijing and ended up in Shanghai , ok , here is the new story , he actually went to sh with the girl , they took the different flight to hide it from his colleague and me . 3 days in sh, I can imaging how sweet they were , he cancelled our Taiwan trip which I've planed for his birthday and ended up in sh with the girl . they normally make out at the girl' place during working hour , how many times ? I dunno ...
But , he made a big decision , he has resigned . Left the place that he has a big dream on , the last day when he told the girl , the girl desperately wannted to meet him just for 15 min and even waited him around our place . But he didn't reply the message and he off his phone .
I found out the all those after he decided to leave his job .
Trust or not ? I seriously have no idea , I totally agree the ' forgive and forget ' theory . But Everytime when I look at his face look at his body , I feel uncomfortable , I started to image how they make out , every single sexual details . It's a nightmare ....

No trust how to continue? If you can learn to forgive and heal and make him promise to stick by you, perhaps can still continue. But if you are not the forgiving kind, don't waste time.