The Pines

kelnic

i just went to have a look last week. package wise was reasonable. but have not really attended any weddings there before.

mavyn

Hi,
Went down to The Pines yesterday with my fiance. Seriously considering to take up the package cos it's attractive. But do you ppl feel that the place look a bit old? Will guest think it's a bit "lok kok"? Also considering holding my wedding service at the function room on second floor just before the banquet.

The comments I'm reading here is really making me concerned about the food... Anyone has recently attended banquet there? Need more feedback before we decide. Thanks.

mavyn

Hi Charmaine,

The package is 588++, 688++ and 888++, quite affordable and attractive. They can take up to 42 tables. Maybe you can give them a call at 67315724 to speak to Adrian, he's very helpful.

shorty_gal

Hi,

I had already signed up with Pines. Their package is very attractive. By the way Mavyn mentioned about the function room, how many tbles can the room hold?

fudgecake

Jace. Hi there. Have u seen the ballroom? How izzit like? I heard that there will be a bridal fair? Anyonw know of the perks for the bridal fair?

yjstory

I attended a wedding in pines last sun... i feel like is quite a nice place... squarish and cozy.
Food wise is also nice. Serving big portion... my table pp cant finish all... but dunno is we shy to take more or wat... but feel the interval between each dish...serving time is quite long... very hungry... overall is good...value for $$

yjstory

btw the first dish is nice... except the sotong is quite spicy... herbal chicken, fish, shark fins, prawns scallop celery and the mushroom seacucumber all very delicious...the yam + gingko nuts dessert is also a thumbs up... I simply enjoyed the food cos was quite hungry lor...

dustydelvinia

Hi breekz,

I also like the pine but hubby is sceptical of their service standards... do you guys have any comments on their service?

mavyn

Hi Jace,
Haven't been in this thread for a while so din see your posting. The function room cannot take much tables. They told me it can take max of 120 pax theatre style setting, i dunno how many tables that can hold.

Breekz,
Thanks for your food review! That'll assure me man!
happy.gif

I went for the show last sunday! The more my fiance and i walk around the place, the more we love it! Quite happy i booked Pines for my wedding! Hee
happy.gif

mavyn

Juliana,
You meant their service of the waitress and waiters during the banquet? So far we're very pleased with our coordinator's service.

dustydelvinia

Hi mavyn,

yup, the service of the waiters and waitresses during the banquet... I am quite comfortable with Adrian when I went down with hubby, but he was concerned abt how it will turn out during the actual event...

yjstory

hi juliana... i didnt realli took much notice abt the service... but as a whole, i feel its ok... they serve and we eat... nothing dramatic happened. BTW do they provide MC? Cos i felt the MC for that night was Good.. dunno whether is my friend's friend or hotel staff...

dustydelvinia

Hi breekz,

Thanks for the info! I am not sure if they provide MC, din ask becos our best friends will be our MCs... I really hope my hubby will be convinced after reading this thread...he seems quite adamant about us looking elsewhere....sighz....

mavyn

Hi all,

Do you guys know that last thursday was Adrian's last day at Pines?! I was shocked when i received his email. Hopefully the guy who took over is as nice... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

ammy_world

hi there,

i just had my wedding at pines (May 1st). Adrian was also my coordinator (but he told us about his last day 2 weeks before our wedding). We were alittle shocked and nervous about the handover of the coordinating of the event to his colleague Kelvin.

But i have to say that he and his colleague John did a GREAT job on our wedding day.

The flowers turned out soooo beautiful! Pines fitted our long table western style for our family and round chinese tables arrangement really well.

Food had great comments from our guests - even till today - especially the deep fried prawns with mayo, lightings were so romantic. Pines also helped with providing the tea during the tea ceremony for us.
happy.gif

The limo and chauffeur- Hussain was cool too! My first time in such a comfortable bentley car!

I highly recommend Pines to anyone who wants a great value wedding dinner with wonderful service and cosy feel.
happy.gif

Cheers, ammy

pigletz

Hey Pines brides,

Anyone has feedback to share on pines? cos considering them as my AD.

Food & Svs??

Saw quite a number of negative feedback...

blurbaby

Hi,
My uncle hold his wedding there 6 yrs ago... before the transfer of the company

The yam + gingko nuts dessert is one of the best dish served....

actually i got reserved of holding it at the same place... but seems that it's a good place... Any one had ur quotation to share with me?

Thank you..

My email: [email protected]

haywiregirl

ammy_world, congrats!! mind sharing your lovely AD photos with me? I never consider this place as my banquet as I have very little guest like 150 pax. how's the package like?

ammy_world

Hi Bendi,

What's your email? Will try to see if i can look for some pics to send you of the arrangement made in pines. If you have a smaller group - even better coz it will make the place more cosy - you can even have a dessert buffet in addition to chinese food served...., or have a dance floor, walking band - which i did
happy.gif

Can call up pines (kelvin) and talk to them...they are very open to ideas.

Cheers,
ammy

hailstorm

Anyone can let me know what are the extra perks that they can provide over their standard list of items? Met Mike for preliminary discussions and do not seem to be very negotiable over the extras. anyone got any success?

Will appreciate if anyone can share their package or pics. Can send to my email at [email protected]

blurbaby

Hi Hailstorm,

how did the discussion goes? Are them friendly bunch? Hope you are able to get what you want!

How much is per table? Did you manage to take a peak at their ballroom?

I am thinking of going for The Pxnes for my AD so wanted to know more but my best friend advise me on looking around for a few more and compare! As she felt that the price i am paying for The Pxnes will be able to hold it in a hotel instead... The rates will be increasing each year right? But holding it in a hotels will means more fees and normally hotels will charge
more right and normally hotels do not serve nice food as people who goes for ambience instead of the food...

Think my friend will see me as Chena if i decide to hold it in a restaurant....

Do anyone know if the GST will be increasing in the near futures?

Sorry for my long-winded queries! Too excited bout the whole things!

Thanks.

hailstorm

AhBlur,

we had wanted to speak to Kelvin but he was busy thus Mike attended to us. Quite ok guy but thought he was not too willing to negotiate on the perks. Saw the ballroom. Have a few pillars but overall quite ok. Also it depends on how many tables you want to have. if 30+ then will still be unblocked. Am concerned about the food and service more since these make a last impression. As for prices, they have 2 packages. The lower package for weekend is $688. Weekdays is $638.
For hotels, the cost is still likely to be more than Country Clubs or Restaurants.

Thus now, just want to know what are the other things that previous couples here have managed to bargained for.

blurbaby

Okay... Hailstorm,
do update me on the details too! as i don't want to have too little things too! Btw, normally people will go for the cheaper value meal or the expensive one?

I'm not sure! as i loves to eat alot and want to eat too! so not sure if i am given the chance choosing which one should i choose?

when will be ur AD?

Anyone know if there will be any increase of GST?

loveangel

I'm considering holding my AD there too... so far i'm pretty satisfied with what i've read from the proposal the coordinator mailed me. Are they open for negotiations and is there a particular coordinator i should ask for? Also, does anyone here know the standard of the food?

Sorry so many qns...

picogy

hi can someone share with me their pics and the package of pines. I think they have a little garden to do solemnization, can someone share with me the pics of the garden as well. thanks.
[email protected]

oolivia

Hi Picogy,

My AD will be on oct, i m also considering to hold my solemnisation at the garden.. =p

Hi Ammy,
Can share with me your dinner photos with me? Thanks in advance! Will be gog to Pines discuss on menu + setting... this weekend.

gregina

Hi

Anyone has the email of the wedding co-ordinator at The P*nes? It's been almost a week since I sent a online request for their package thru the website...and no response
sad.gif