Silhouette the Atelier

chocraze

Hi All

My boyfriend just proposed about a few weeks back and we are planning to have our wedding in 2009 or 2010.

Recently I bought a few bridal mags and saw the gowns from Silhouette, and I love them to bits.

Can anyone share with me how to go about to get a package with them? As well as any other things I need to take note of for the preparations?

hahahahahaha, I am still bubbling with joy from the proposal...
happy.gif

hira_dex

hi hi secret, thanks gal. i'm ok with it just that communication gap is a killer. We shall all move on.

Ermm, I don't need those stuff, blow bubbles - too typical (for what ocassion)? Elders looking at our photos may start to wonder and better not upset
happy.gif
Probably will go visit them and see more samples of the individual Photographer then decide. (think only then its more appropriate & ethical ba..)

Hahaa. Realised that being a man in 21st century is so much luckier, wife is willing to split/ share burden with them. However, my mum reminded me as a girl our "Jin Chi" should be there, don't make myself marrying out like "sales item" or with VAS (value added service). Then I just *nod nod*

Ya, you're right. Being a little sensitive with thinking, we should be able to understand how vulnerable PRIDE can be.
happy.gif

chocraze

Erm, not sure if anyone saw my post earlier...

Secret (keypers) & midas

You both seem to know a lot. Can please share with me?

I was reading a few of those old posts. Can I know what is AD, BS, etc? So many abbreviations , not very sure what they mean...

hira_dex

Hi Irene, welcome and congrats to you.

I'm also new here. But think can still help abit on the abb.

AD - Actual Day (of wedding)
BS - Bridal Shop
PG - Photography
MUA - Make-Up Artist
WG - Wedding Gown
EG - Evening Gown
OTR - Off-The-Rack
MTM - Make-To-Measure

Hope it helps.
happy.gif

chocraze

Oh i see...
happy.gif
thank you Hira!

So did you also get a package with Silhouette? Mind sharing with me what is your experience there?

Anyone to receommend? I saw some older posts and noticed that there was a recommended staff by the name of Minda. Is he/she good? What is he/she doing is Silhouette?

Any idea how should I go about for my wedding planning? Cos it's the first wedding for both our families, but our parents are also blur about what needs to be done.

Am I too early in asking such questions?

chocraze

Hi Midas

I read that you had your CS (what's that?) done in Silhouette. Do you mind if I ask to see the pictures of it?

hira_dex

Irene, yup I've signed up with them. 1 OTR and 1 MTM, meanwhile Minda and Kenji will be assisting me.

Last week was my first seesion with Kenji, enjoyed the session as he gave me ideas of my desired designs and go back to do my own research and go back to them this week. Pretty fun so far and looking forward to my appt with them this week.

Seeing is believing, why don't you go down and pay them a visit so can check it out yourself on designs and the ppl thr.
happy.gif

chocraze

Hira

thank you for the response. So are Minda and Kenji the designers?

What do you do at your first session? Just a question too - is MTM more worth it or OTr more worth it? Do you have any pictures that can share with me to look see look see?

So far, I dare not venture into the shop yet, cos scared that they won't be happy if I just go in without signing any packages. but I simply love their gowns.
happy.gif

hira_dex

Irene, no worries. i think Caroline is also one of their designers.

Ermm.. first session just try gowns lor as I have taken up 1 OTR for wedding gown and 1 MTM for Evening gown. Sorrie, no pic taken at the moment.
happy.gif
Maybe nx time ba..

Ppl thr are quite friendly, can actually make appt and drop by.

chocraze

hira, you mean we do get to try the gowns? wow! so silhouette has 3 designers? do we get to choose the designers? and is it a must for me to go to the shop with my boyfriend? can I bring friends with me?

midas, thank you for the email. just finished viewing your pictures. I like your cheongsum... very oriental but has some western fusion to it... very nice colour too. and you look so pretty. I like the way the pictures are taken and you looked very cherished by your husband. wow! I am getting more excited liao.

oh, and congratulations! erm... we have not fixed any date for AD (hahaha, had to refer to the list of abb above first). worse come to worse, 090909 or 101010 lor. hahahaha

actually, i will like to know what should i be doing now. should i be getting a bridal package first? cos i heard a lot of comments (not so nice ones lar) about the 1-stop bridal shops, though may of them are old names. some have very dated designs and others have very attitude staff.

can you advise?

midas

hi irene,

normally for new BTB(brides to be), they wld search for veneues first, then follow by BS, then follow by PG etc. Hv u decided where to hold ur banquet yet?

secretgarden

Hi Irene,
Hee take one step at a time(u still have plenty of time)...Plan one year ahead is good enough ...for me is quite last min , Mar then i found my hotel & till last week then i confirm my BS hahaha, very rush as i still not yet confirm my photographer and most of them is book early of next year =/

Some wedding mag do have wedding planner list of roughly what is the list of things you need to do before your AD

Oh ya do attend Bridal show too, so you know more wedding stuff =)

keypers

irene,

Hi gal, welcome, i think it is important for you to just go hunt around
you got alot of time
go settle ur venue first becaue that is the earliest to book out
followed by ur bs.
then the rest come in
happy.gif

:p

secretgarden

Hi Secret & Tonya,

Might be using Gin if she is available on my AD.
Next week is my first appt with Caroline to design my EG so excited btw does she do measurement on the first appt?
I decide to do a EG instead of CS and been actively doing homework for my EG
kao_laugh.gif

Hi Midas,
Is Gin your MUA?

Or anyone use Gin before? Any comment?

keypers

hi secretgarden,

I think it is better for you to try out first
happy.gif

I used her during my trial thou
happy.gif

but I still do not have confident in makeup, so I had to find someone who i have confident in :p
as i barely wear makeup plus so many times looking like ah kwa hahaha
happy.gif
(this perception is just about me keke )

I think makeup is like photos quite subjective, and if you click and feel comfortable with the person you can engage her/him :p
yeah! EG cool what kind of style? mine is EG also

candt

hi midas, if links to someone's webbies are available to the public, I don't see any difference between you providing me with them and me getting them on freddy's thread. I guess since I had asked you earlier, could you pass them to me? I don't think anything already available on the net is unethical. It's only when they're private, I suppose, wouldn't you agree? I have to admit to being enthusiastic n would really really like to see what his other work looks like... I would appreciate if you could help...

midas

secretgarden,
yup...my MUA is Gin..u seen my pix rite? Gin is very frenly n open to ideas...if u trust ur designer's recommendation, juz go ahead n hv a trial with her
happy.gif

Tonya,
okie dokie...i'm juz worried tat u might feel uncomfy to view the pix if it is w/o permission of the owner themselves after someone has hightlighted about the ethics of copyrights. but u r kinda rite too..coz these gals has been sending their links out freely to everyone who requested so i guess they'll probably share with u all the same
happy.gif
look out for my mail then..

ciao

castle1

Hi secret,

Happy to hear that your PS went well.. where did you go?
Btw, your make up artist is Gin too? Mine will be her as well. How is her make up style & hairdo?
happy.gif

chocraze

Hi midas

currently no idea yet cos boyfriend is away for overseas work. will not be returning so soon... but I am looking for a place that can cater to maybe 150 persons. Cause will only be inviting close relatives and friends.

Am wondering if can use pubs for weddings. cos boyfriend and i met at pub (One Rochester). I only know that One Rochester has allowed booking for corporate events (my boyfriend's sister frequent there a lot, and she told me one). If they do allow for weddings, I would most likely take it up.
happy.gif

Secretgarden, i hear from some colleagues that they took 1.5 to 2 years to plan for their wedding. So I thought I better do some sort of research first, especially since my boyfriend and I do not want to have the same kind of 'normal' weddings that we have been attending. When is your wedding day going to be held?

Secret, thanks for the advise. So it'll be venue frist then bridal shops? hahaha... I am quite worried that I would get the order wrong. What must I do when looking for venues. like mentioned, i dun want hotels or typical restaurants. Oh, and i read that you have finished your PS (what's that?). When will be your wedding day?

candt

Hey irene, congratulations! and welcome to this thread. I just started my research about 9 months to the wedding but still find it's enough.. to each his own, I guess. depends on how detailed you want to get as well.

anyway, i've got a list of unusual locations that was passed to me awhile ago... and btw my wedding will also be at One Rochester. Janet, who is the person who runs the show at One Rochester has so far impressed us a lot with her willlingness to customize things and make sure we're satisfied. Do drop her a line - [email protected] if you want more details. Or just PM me if you want the list of venues I considered too. Apparently people have already been enquiring about 08.08.2008!
Happy shopping!

keypers

hi castle,

I trial Gin for my trial but in the end I did not engage her. I wasn't comfortable maybe it is more about myself as I don't wear makeup at all. I took Sam Ong instead.
As for PS is over, yeah, I did at unusual place :p maybe to some people it is not normally acceptable kekekeke :p of course there is no nudity kakaka :p

Irene toh: PS = photoshoot. Yeah I agree with you, I do not like hotel too normal too boring. I took My humble house instead, a restuarant but it has atmosphere. Black setting which I like
happy.gif
Mine is a small wedding as well, looking at about 150 people ... ...

Tonya: As for copyright of photos? that I dunno much, but I guess it is okie if the link is online as what you mention. However, I feel that it is quite unethical for someone to share photos without permission of the owner, especially it is not posted online.

Some people may feel it is a good thing that there are people helping them to show off their photos, but there are others that like it private only sharing photos to those whom they trust, and in the end when such things happen, how would they feel? Betrayal of trust?

I myself cant imagine sharing photos to people I trust and in the end get my photos circulated without permission. Quite scary I would think.
personal views no offence one ... ...

secretgarden

Hi Secret,
Agree with what you said, well i shall see how the trial make up goes ..i also seldom wear makeup, scare too wayang if makeup too thick kekeke...hmmm as for the EG still doing research for something more unique =)

Hi Midas,
Oh ya kind of like your make up look refreshing & natural.

Hi Irene,
My wedding will be at Fullerton in Jan08 and i had my ROM early Jan this year @ Shangri-la Waterfall terrace at, simply lunch of just 3 tables.

Hi Alanis,
Welcome to this thread. You can go Sil website and view some of the gowns and see if you like the feel of it....when is yr AD?

candt

hi secretgarden, one fullerton is a beautiful hotel... i liked the straits room. Where will you be holding your banquet? Was actually considering the straits room when i started my research.

castle1

Hi secret,

Your PS sounds like alot of fun.. same goes to your gowns, I remember your EG is very unique too
happy.gif

Maybe you can email me regarding your trial make up?
[email protected]

Hi midas,
Please share your pix with me too? thx
happy.gif

castle1

Hi secret,

Your PS sounds like alot of fun.. same goes to your gowns, I remember your EG is very unique too.
happy.gif

Maybe you can email me regarding your trial make up?
email: [email protected]

Hi midas,
Please share your pix with me too? thx.
happy.gif

hira_dex

Secret, quite agree with what you've mentioned. Personally I don't need such kind of "free advertising" nor "publicity". Thanks and it also serves me as a reminder to be selective with the ppl who share photos with. I think that applies to all as well
happy.gif

Yes, counting down to meeting with Minda tomorrow.

chocraze

Hi Secret, thank you for the elaboration!
happy.gif
So have you seen your pictures? Must be really exciting to be able to see your pictures!

I have been to My Humble House, Yups, I like the mystery feel of black too! And their signature high-back chairs!
happy.gif
If you have received your pictures, mind sharing with me? I saw from older posts that you have a very unique evening gown... very curious!

I am hoping that silhouette can create way I have in mind! After browsing through the various mags, I have in mind that I want to have a halter bare-back with a mermaid tail (but the mermaid tail will have a slit up on the front).

keypers

hi hira: Yeah, I have now become very selective with people who to share photos with. I am scared!!!!!!!! Good luck to meeting with Minda :p

Castle : Hi I will try to email you later i guess if works is less busy :p

Irene: yes I have seen my pictures, it was a killer trying to select them ... ...
Yeah I love my humble house signature high chairs love it heaps ... ..
My evening gown where got unique? It is pretty simple :p

As for sharing of pictures, I am scared of it now, especially when I read that there are people in the forum that just share out to people without much permission, quite scary because I am quite a private person ... ...
Can you just let me think about it ... ... sorry about it.

Alanis: Welcome to thread, I am nov 24 bride too but it is 2007 :p

midas

hi castle,

u got mail...

P.S. my links r available for sharing to ur frens n family...pls feel free to forward if u like..i like showing off hee
kao_sticktongue.gif

castle1

Hi ladies
happy.gif

Hi midas, thx, got your mail. You look so lovely & sweet. Very blissful.

Hi secret, thx, got your email, I have replied too.

Hi Tonya, thx for sharing the link, its very comprehensive.

candt

You are welcome, gals!

Anyway just a couple more links here:

1. This one is for the bride who might not know where to start, and what to consider. Taken off a malaysian wedding website, so some things may not be relevant, but the basics of choosing a gown and the various types was still quite handy.

http://weddingsmalaysia.com/atbb.htm

2. Another webbie with info on everything else including flowers and hair & make up styles:

http://www.weddingchannel.com/home.html

(you may have to register first though)

Happy Browsing...

secretgarden

Hi Tonya,Midas,
Thanks for all the link,u gals rock keke...

Oh Tonya,
Mine is at the main ballroom , as the straits room is quite small capacity.

midas

secretgarden,
u r welcome
happy.gif
glad to know tat ur hubby finally agreed to let u sign with Sil...enjoy ur preps ya.

secretgarden

midas,
Hee no choice i told him i totally love Sil and willing to pay for it....so he zip his mouth...

Oh anyone use Utopia photography? Kind of like his style...since also link with Sil

midas

Utopia not bad...was in my shortlist last time...but hor they limit ur OD PS locations to max 3 only..not enuf for me lor, otherwise Travis's work is gd though n their prices r midrange wun burn holes in pockets
happy.gif

if u take them dun take their mag style album coz travis quite lousy at artworks hehe(my opinion only)..better juz buy photos n do albums elswhere
happy.gif

midas

oh ya..forgot to add..the 3 locations also includes the streets juz outside their studio..all brides took pix around there coz got peranakan bldgs quite rustic feel, so left 2 actually drive out OD locations only..