Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel

oinkiepoink

Felecia: oh~ i didnt know they dont add it as part of the package anymore, sorry.

i didnt really ask for more perks as i signed up during the wedding show so many things were thrown in. However, from my experience with them, they are generally quite sticky with their perks, ie they wun really budge much. that was part of my initial unhappiness after signing up.

but like i said, my package actually included most of the things already & our main criteria for banquet was to have good food..

hope this helps~

ferlyworm

oinkiepoink: has went down to meet the coordinator alr. like the place & food. but one thing is am afraid that I can't meet meet the min 30 Tables. & they cannot reduce the nos of tables. Still thinking whether to go ahead with ST a not...

satinchris

Yup, I agree they are pretty sticky with requests, and might only give in to really small ones.

But then, Sheraton is really good in running the whole show; food and service were really good.

oinkiepoink

i agree with satinchris

felecia: hmm~ i think it'd be quite impt that u can hit the minimum pax.. if not the $$$....

just my opinion
happy.gif

shakingheads

Hi

Understand that Sheraton had a wedding show in Nov 08. Did anyone attend and what were the perks given? Any recommendations on a good coordinator from the Hotel? Tks

wiggie

Hi,

Any Sheraton couple that held their ROM at the swimming pool, instead of the waterfall? Care to share how it was?

sean_ng

Hi all,
I have the following items for sale from my wedding last Friday.
All items are brand new and only bought few days before my actual day.
Please send me an email at seanngyl@gmail for more details.

1) Martell VSOP, 70cl, duty paid, 8 bottles, $70 each

2) Berri Estates Cabernet Sauvignon, 75cl, duty paid, 22 bottles, $18 each

ivybnn

Hi all! i'm considering having my solemnization at sheraton tower waterfall area. Anyone knows how much de package is? and can share photos [email protected]? Thanks alot! =)

Hi. I signed up the lunch package for my wedding at ST. I also have my solemnisation at the waterfall. Beside the lunch they also charge for the waterfall. The rental for it with simple deco is $800. We tried to bargain and we get it with $500. Hope it can help u.

pi33ie

Like to share our unhappy experience wif ST. We signed up the package for 45 tables (maximum tables) 1 yr before our AD.

During the yr, our wedding consultant had changed 3 times. Reason being 1) 1st n 2nd consultants had resigned 2)we had a final meet up wif the 3rd consultant nearer to our AD and to our surprise another consultant meet us instead and told us tat the 3rd consultant was very busy and had asked her to attend to us instead. We were so angry as the 3rd consultant did not even made an effort to inform us.

On our AD, the 4th wedding consultant was not even presence as according to her, Sunday was her off day but she said tat there will be a banquet mgr.

It was a nightmare for us. What we had initially requested and agreed by the wedding consultant was not done.

1) Hotel staff did not allow my jiemei to help us check-in. After several calls, they finally allow

2) we were supposed to have 2 VIP parking lots in front of the hotel but in the end the Valet parking guys don't allow as they claimed they were not informed. It was finally resolved after we seek help from the banquet mgr as the wedding consultant was not around.

3) There were supposed to be a briefing at 5.30pm for us and our helpers but it was delayed till 6.45pm and ended till 7.15pm. At tat time, our guests had started to arrive. Reason for delayed was bcos the ballroom was occupied as there was another event which ended late.

4) consultant assured us tat the ballroom was big enough to accomodate 45 tables. True, it can accomodate 45 tables but it was very cramped, guests chairs were back-to-back, did not have sufficient walkway.

5) we had ordered shark fin wif crabmeat but they served shark fin wif seafood instead which had caused one of my relative to fall sick as she is allergic to prawns.

6) the reason we chose ST was bcos of Li Ba but to our disappointment food quality on AD was not up to expectation as compared to food tasting. we had received lots of disappointment feedbacks from our relatives.

7) and many more complaints.....

After our wedding, we lodged a complaint to their senior mgmt but they did not revert and asked the 4th consultant to attend to the complaint instead. The reply from ST was very unsatisfactory. They insisted tat they had done wat had been agreed on. But they did apologise for the mixed up in the shark fin and offered to pay for the medical fees incurred. They also offered to host a dnr for our family to make up for the shortfall.

We did not accept their offers. We complaint was not bcos we want their compensation. We paid around $46k for the wedding package and we were utterly disappointed with their svc and food quality.

we definitely will not recommend ST to our frens. The only gd comment we can tink of was the ambience and ballroom decor....

spacegirl

Hi Unhappy,

When was yr AD? Sounds rather serious... now I fear for all the people who have signed up for Sheraton.

Maybe you can complain to CASE since Sheraton did not attend to U in a satisfactory manner. May I know the name of the 4th Coordinator? Just the surname or maybe the first name?

Thanks.

beloved1

Sorry to hear about the issues you encountered with ST on your big day..

I was also thinking of signing up with ST cos of the food, but if they're having a major staff turnover, perhaps the previous talented chefs have left?

So, thanks for your blunt opinion, really help us to think twice!

jenkoh

Hi all,
I have made a tentative booking wif ST for their Topaz ballroom which can only hold up to 12 tables.
Can I hv your kind opinions or advices before I commit to ST? Thanks!

pi33ie

Hi Spacegirl, mine AD was in Dec. Dun tink CASE will entertain such complaints.

Hi joycejoyce, dun noe whether there was a change in chefs but frens were saying tat the food quality definitely had dropped.

flowerbride

I have emailed sheraton 4 times as i am interested in their solemnization package. But nobody reply me. This is not the standard i will expect from a starwood hotel. It's absurd.

After reading 'unhappy' review, i have a clear understanding of their work attitude. I am going to take my business else where.

unhappy. i am sorry to hear about the poor service they gave you.

flowerbride

I have emailed sheraton 4 times as i am interested in their solemnization package. But nobody reply me. This is not the standard i will expect from a starwood hotel. It's absurd.

After reading 'unhappy' review, i have a clear understanding of their work attitude. I am going to take my business else where.

unhappy. i am sorry to hear about the poor service they gave you.

ah_hoon

Hi all,

I just had my wedding dinner in Jan 2009. Must say the feedback on food wasnt that great, below my expectation :-(

oinkiepoink

wow.. sorry to hear such bad reviews..
when I had my wedding last nov, everything was still very much in order..
my coordinator was Benedicte

mamit

oh no, i am going to sign with ST. Did not see the bad reviews until today. I was thinking of holding my solemnization as a lunch followed by wedding banquet in the evening. BTw, has anyone done this before?

p00h

hi unhappy, can i know who is your coordinator? you can pm me if you dont want to reveal his/her name.. sad to hear of this bad review

wiggie

hi mamit - please do think carefully about the L-shaped ballroom. I decided to back out because I realised that there was no way to sit my relatives and my fh's relatives such that everyone is happy under the high ceiling. THink of this question: who are you going to sit under the high ceiling, and who would be under the low ceiling. If you sit your family under the high ceiling, will your fh's family be bothered about sitting under low ceiling?

That's my main concern...so just do take note of that k? If you are OK with the seating arrangement, then go ahead k?

mamit

hi wiggie - thanks a lot for your concern. Actually we like the L shaped ball room because of some family dynamic issues. I am more concerned if I should hold the solemnization as lunch on the same day, as people might be too full. and they have been quite nice, because I managed to bargain for some stuff.

leidyornot

hi unhappy, may I also know the name of your coordinator? Can PM me as well. I've already signed up with ST, but ours will be a very small affair, so I'm not so worried about logistics etc. But we're worried about the food, especially if they might mess up the dishes on the day itself. Thanks!

wiggie

Hey mamit! Great to hear that you have no issues with the shape of the ballroom. Really like Sheraton's staircase actually.

Anyway, I think for solemnization, to make things simple, why don't you just have it a couple of hours before your wedding dinner instead of having it as a lunch? I would think people would be full...can't really advise on that because I haven't experienced it...Sorry! I hope someone else can help you...

bride_09

I just had my wedding dinner at Sheraton on 26th MArch 09.My coordinator is Michele and the banquet manager is Dennis..

I just want to thank both of them for making everything so perfect.All my guests praised the ambience, food and environment. Everyone said our dinner is simply different from the rest they have attended to before.

Food was good, ambience was good, music is good...

For those who have chosen the ballroom, dun worry as the L shape march in will enable all the guest to see the march in..no worries...jus have to walk slower.

Mic is very accomodating and nice...shereally makes our day..

Dennis is very on the ball, make the whole event so unforgattable...strives for perfection, can see from the attitude he displays during the rehaearsal.

mamit

Hi Bride_09, thats good to hear. I have also signed the contract already. I had to pay 1188++ per table because it is a saturday next year.

Anyone managed to bargain the price per table?

dash80

Hi All,

I think the reception area is very exclusive and we can have a very private moment just before the banquet..

Initially, i also have reservation for the L-shape ballroom, but the coordinator assure that all the guests would be able to view the large screen projected...

Personally witness that during one of my best friend;'s wedding..

Also, review on the food, ambience and location wins me over.

Especially like the long staircase, where it gives a very grand ambience..

frostyflake

Just trying to relive my wedding days so decided to come i this thread to kpoh lol.

But I'm surprised to see bad reviews about ST.

I had my wedding at ST too in Sept 08. I had no complains about my coordinator, he was helpful and accomodating and we thought we got a pretty good deal too. Everything was arranged the same way we requested for.

Though he wasn't around on my wedding night itself, the banquet manager was very expeienced, professional and helpful. Without him i think everything wd be chaotic.

Food wise i believe any hotels during every banquet, the standard somehow would drop abit, but it was not too bad. My guests had enjoyed the food. My cousin who was very cynical and picky even praised that the servers were very professional too, and services provided was excellent!

All in all i would say i had a wonderful wedding experience with them.

sg_sc

Hi frostyflake, glad to hear that! could you share who ur banquet manager is? Saw from the thread that Dennis's not too bad too...:D

frostyflake

hi excitedbtb!

yes Dennis' the one! He was real nice! I remembered there was a little hiccup on the photo display at the LCD screens. The IT team didn't manage to load my photos in time. But Dennis manage to retrieve my email to my coordinator and printed it out and put it on a frame instead.. at least my guests can get to see our pictures haha. Abit disappointed about that, but I know he did his best and better than nothing to show

My first hotel choice was actually Fullerton, but thinking back, i'm glad i chose ST, cos it still gives me the nostalgic romantic feel that i will never forget
happy.gif

is your wedding over? or coming soon?

derine

Hi All,

I think as compared Orchard Hotel is more value for money. They were accomodating in terms of price, service and food. Admitting that I'm a fussy bride, I actually had specific wedding themes and ideas. Was glad that they were flexible. Still considering for Orchard Hotel.

Whereas ST wasn't that versatile after sharing my wedding concept. I've friends saying tat the food quality had dropped.

My first choice is Fullerton too. Yet to meet up with their coordinator next week. =)

sg_sc

Hi Frostyflake, mine's coming up in 1.5 mths time. Really nervous n lost now. Hahha..Was Dennis assigned to u or u requested for him? It's always heartwarming wen pple go all out to make ur AD a perfect n memorable one.
happy.gif

amy_chua

Hi Lee,

When was your solemnisation? I am meeting Michele this Thursday to check out their solemnisation package by the waterfall.

I've emailed Michele a few times now and I must say she replies within the day without fail. Good service so far.

I hope I won't be disappointed when I meet her for discussion.

Anyone held solemnisation by the waterfall and would like to share your experience?

oinkiepoink

i had my wedding Nov 08
My coordinator was Benedicte who was very sweet and Dennis as the banquet manager, who kept insisting he's assistant banquet manager haha~ but he's REALLY REALLY very on the ball, detailed, very very helpful, merticulous... SUPER thumbs up for him, especially.

thus a bit surprised with such bad 'reviews'

chuar77

Hi,
I have the following items for sale.
These are bought last month, thus in very new condition.

1) Martell VSOP, 70cl, duty paid, 9 bottles, $70 each

2) Chivas Regal 12 yrs, 70cl, duty paid, 8 bottles, $55 each

Please email to [email protected] or sms to 91106030 for enquiries now!

frostyflake

hi excited_btb!

wow yr wedding is getting near! Yah he was assigned to me!

dun worry too much! Chill and b a beautiful bride!! Good luck!

desmondtan

hi frostyflake,

did u mention that sheraton have this LCD photo display to display photo? i nvr heard of them mentioning it... anyone can cfm?

also, how many banquet manager do they have, seems like everyone only mention abt dennis...

dash80

Hi Des&Jol,

I heard me coordinator mention about this as well.

However, she did mention that the file size and format of the photo haveto be specific as it is something like those digital photoframe kind of thing (i guess)...

sg_sc

Tks Frostyflake!
happy.gif
Now i noe wat it means wen pple say wedding jitters....am feeling it yet dun wanna it to end so soon too ;p

Hi Desmond, yes they have the LCD display jus outside the ballrooms. Depends on no. of tables n hw many ballrooms they'll open up, it's prob abt max 4 screens on display if u use up the whole grand ballroom (L-Shaped).

Heard they have many banquet mgrs but i tink is really only the assistant banquet mgrs who would be there on our AD. Anyone can confirm?

desmondtan

thanks bryce and excited BTB!!

so the LCD thingy is a new thing for sheraton.

so both of u also sheraton BTB? when are ur AD? when are we suppose to meet up with the coordinator?

ivybnn

Hi Amy,
sorry for late reply. My AD is on 21st sept.

OMG I read the review, it make me worry.... I really donno ST standard dropped!!! I worry about my guest feedback...I will call my coordinator to check it out!!

amy_chua

Hi all,

I just wana share my experience here regarding my ROM package. The first meeting with Michele, we found her very business like... (she is the business development manager)

Watever requests we had.. she had her standard answer to it. Seems like we couldn't bargain for anything.. Everything is like straight to the point.. u want this, I can, its in the package, u can have... others... sorry, not in pkg.. although she din use these exact words, she meant that...

Have since signed up cos I like the waterfall. Paid the deposit and amount is debited all and low and behold, in her email, she said that " dear grooms and brides to be, we have sent you our wedding package and a few emails to you and have since not heard from you. Please advise us if you have found a venue for your wedding."

Oh My God... Imagine my horror when I read that! Instead of hearing from them that they received the $800 deposit (we found out from our credit card bills), she sent something like this!

Have since shot her an angry reply.