wow.. i only got my first barrel of beer free.. as for the wine, i exchange the wedding favours n invitation cards for 15 bottles of wine.. quite loogi leh for me.. my coordinator still tell me i din miss much from the wedding show..
Hello Ladies, i had my wedding dinner at shangri-la rasa few months back and finally has found some time to post this now.
I am not going to tell you the long story of how everything went to and forth and last minutes they are still confirming things with us, when we have emailed them months ago. So i am just going to briefly list down things that gone wrong or what i was unhappy with. (so that the rest of you who decide to book with them can watch out for it)
1) coach pick up point was not clear and did not display sign properly. i had 5 coaches and only 2 pick up my guests correctly at the right place. They did not want to provide us the driver contact number.
2) they had my husband name spelt wrongly on the signage boards
3) signage boards were also misleading, pointing in different directions and wrong name of the location
4) the event team was suppose to greet us and give us some briefing when we checked in the hotel. The lady did not showed up at all. We waited for quite sometime for someone to bring us to our room and still no briefing.
5) i had a outdoor beach wedding and my friends were going to help decorate balloons etc on the beach front and the person-in-charge actually forbid my friends to do it. I had checked with her when we did the booking on the decorations, that we are allowed to do, so this was very contradicting.
6) the banquet team started clearing away the buffet line at 9:30pm while my guests are still eating. I was told that they would start clearing from 10pm onwards. It was so embarrassing.
7) we wanted to have an open bar for reception, we ask and the event person did not gave us any quote. So we decided to engage external help to do our own drinks, which she said was ok. But she claimed that the hotel does not have enough glasses. We needed about 100 of it. We were prepared to bring in glasses of outside. Anyway, it was really frustrating. The open bar would just bring the hotel more business, i do not see why they should refuse us.
8) We selected the colour of the table cloth few months before the wedding. two days before the wedding, we were informed they do not have sufficient table cloth for the colour we want. So what's the point of selecting it so early ?
9) we were informed 1 day before the wedding, they do not have enough cocktail tables, which we had confirmed, again, months before.
this is not the complete list, but i just dont want to go on and on about it. It's just too frustrating, especially when they informed us 1 or 2 days before the wedding, things that we have confirmed , reconfirmed months before the wedding.
I think it really boils down to who was your event coordinator. Some coordinator very messy one.. what ur coordinator name. Maybe that may help the rest to avoid him/her. Mine made some mistake, but we were agressive & demand for some compensation. I think they are short-handed. I saw my coordinator very busy with so many events that she mix up me and my husband wedding date to be another date coz my husband got a similar name as another couple.
wow.. sounds like that didn't go so well for one bride.
My wedding was just over couple weeks back at the Pavillion. Had very very good comments from my guests about the food, ambience, etc, everything else.
Parking however, was basically the main problem. Rasa's carpark was all taken up before 4pm, and when my VIP cars came, the carpark fella even told them there's NO SPACE, and to park somewhere else, even tho they had "reserved lots as VIPs". My hubby raised hell with the banquet coordinator who thankfully was around, but thankfully think things got kinda settled. But guests who arrived a little late were quite peeved that they had to park at beach carpark which is quite a distance away. No choice, we were prepared that parking was gonna be a problem.
not so sure if i should mention name here, all i will say is our coordinator is a lady. I am really thankful to hubby, because for all those things that happen on our wedding day, he only told me until we checked out. He just did not want to let all these small stuff spolit our day. I was already very upset by the coordinator 2 days before the wedding with all the last minutes things that she came up with.
actually before we book the venue, like all brides-to-be then, i did some homework and found that the reputation of the event team was not good. But still went ahead, first because we really wanted to have an outdoor beach wedding and 2nd, we thot if we had confirmed everything in advance, then there should not any last minute issues. But well, things still happened.
oh, i have this funny story to share about food tasting. Hubby and i could not make it for food tasting, so my parents went instead. (we were told to make advance booking for food tasting and we did). Mum came home screaming at my ears and i was like, hmm, the food cannot be so bad right ?
only then i realised, the hotel had a indian theme that night and so mum thot we were going to have indian food for our wedding dinner. Nothing against indian food, just that it was not what we selected. Our choice of food was international cuisine, totally different from what my parents had tried.
oh, in case anyone of you is having outdoor wedding in the evening like mine. I strongly recommend 1950 photographer, though it was abit dark, he was really good and photos turn out very well.
>aj wech, when is ur wedding held? as I'm afraid of the weather these days... unpreditable... not too sure if I still want to hold a outdoor dinner... but i love the sea... has been postponing my big day due to unforseen stuff tat happen till now ...
I just had my outdoor wedding at Rasa, overall feedback just average but wanted to point out a couple of things for BTB looking to hold a outdoor dinner there ...
1) Food tasting - Can only be done from Mon - Thu & you can only select 2 items to taste & the rest from whatever buffet they are serving that night.
That means from the 8 to 10 items you will be selecting for your dinner, you are only sure of 2 & the rest, have to keep your fingers crossed that they will turn out nice ...
2) Headcount - If you are having the buffet lunch / dinner, please note that the resort will charge you according to the headcount you give them. I gave them my RSVPed headcount & they charged me that instead of the actual number of guests that turned up. I wasn't explained that & honestly gave the number without making provision for the expected absentees, thus ending up paying for the 10% that didn't turn up.
Point 2 was my biggest issue with the resort as the number wasn't small.
3) The co-ordinator tends to agree to whatever request but may not fulfill
4) Understaff - We had tables that only managed to get 1 drink throughout the night, was difficult to get the attention of the servers.
Hope the above will help BTB in their negotiation with the resort.
Did you guys clarify with the hotel when signing that contract that you would be charged per actual headcount? Cos for normal chinese banquet, we would need to confirm a min no of tables. So even when on the AD itself, some ppl nv turn up and thus leading to some empty tables, the hotel is still going to charge us the min agreed tables.
That's why you need to reconfirm your guest list with the guest by calling/sms each of them.
We have 24 confirmed + 1 reserved.. Had 25 tables headcount even on the day before actual day, but on actual day suddenly realised about 1 table of people will not be turning up. so we slot extra guests into existing tables, and we quickly told the coordinator to close 1 table and we were not charged for that table.
do your homework, double check the attendance even on the actual day if you can.
Hi to all,
i am stuck between choosing the pavillion or the ballroom. Anyone had weddings in either of them before? I have about 30 tables. I like pavillion's scenaries..but it seems abit cramp when we went there.
i had my wedding held at Rasa this year end March and i wanted to share that my hubby and I had a very wonderful and memorable experience. My coordinator was Lynn, and initially we were afraid that she's not experienced enough etc, but it ended up that she did a great job. we had quite a few requests, like even down to getting waiter n waitress to wear polo t-shirts instead of the flowery hawaiian vest (which we personally find that looked kinda awful) and these requests are all met!
we find that rasa is very thoughtful. my evening gown was so huge (ballgown) and they had someone to standby the stage to help me up and down when i had to go to the stage. they were meticulous and thoughtful. my guests also commented the food was good.
the only problem i had, was the "standard" problem most ppl faced.. which is the transport. 2 of my guests waited for a long time, but the bus didnt seem to reach jurong east. they had no choice but to rush down in a cab.. and the bus driver called my coordinator up and said that no one boarded his bus. i'm not sure what exactly happened, but i gave the benefit of the doubt that they could be waiting at the wrong place.
i had my solemnisation by the beach, and the view, scenery and weather was perfect.
ZJ09, that depends on where you going to print it and how early in advance you want to send out the cards. We choose our wedding card about 5 months before our wedding date. Flavours wise dun need too early, can choose abt 1 mth before. But better to ask ur coordinator about the timing.
Thanks. I just ordered the printing of the cards. I have a month to go before my wedding. So excited. The coordinator say 2 weeks before the wedding select the flavours. So let's hope everything will go smooth.
My HTB and me did go and view the ballroom before the arrival of the guest to see if additional decoration is required.
We just had a great wedding at rasa sentosa! Well the carpark was really a problem.. But other than that, it was worth it. And our coordinator, Lynn, did a great job! Lynn, if your reading this, many thanks to you for making our wedding a memorable day! - 12 and Nic
Jnikkiab and AJ Wech, mind sharing some photos of your wedding with me? Was a marquee set up for your outdoor wedding? Any complaints from your guests about the weather? especially when Singapore can be so sorching HOT.
actually my boyfriend and I had paid a deposit for our wedding in Jan 11 at Rasa Sentosa. But they are undergoing renovation this year and won't be completed till CNY next year. We loved the outdoor sea view and I believe this is the only place in Singapore that has this romantic view. We had been to Raffles Marina but can't match.
However, Lynn told me that they will only start opening the dates last quarter of this year. This is a risk to take if we decided to wait for them and the renovation actually drags on and prices increased by alot. I don't think I can handle this type of stress. I am still looking out for another hotel and feels so fustrated by this whole thing at Rasa.
Does anybody have experience with solemnisation ceremony, dinner and party at the Shangri-la resort on Sentosa? We've booked the venue and are very excited... but I'd like to hear from anybody who has experience with this venue.