Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

rumi78

So they key is to go for majority & general taste buds of your guest and not specific to yourself and family members. That's why you can say food nicer on AD than food tasting coz u already asked chef to adjust to ur taste buds. but this is not in line with general guests taste and hence the bad feedback on food.

raine24

Thanks guys, my coordinator is Emily too!
happy.gif

you mean they cook or season their food differently for every individual banquet? seems like a lot of work to me.. possible?

rumi78

During food tasting, this is for you to feedback to the chef whether u want the dishes to be sweeter, saltier, blander.etc. They will note it down and follow your instructions/wishes to cook for your banquet.

poohduh

raine: your coordinator also Emily..so far so good with her?

oh yeah..during food tasting the sharksfin was so starchy....nothing else. Then during AD, can see big crab meat and sharksfin, and not starchy !

raine24

poohduh: yups, so far I like her. Just that sometimes she can be quite bz.. wish she cld reply to emails and calls faster. I got my samples of invite cards already (wedding in May) thinking of how to word them, get graphics, etc.
happy.gif

Ok hope my dinner food all turns out good.. think food tasting will be sometime in Jan. Oh does Rasa only have one colour theme for their ballroom?

poohduh

Raine: Yar she can be quite busy.But then she still dont sound frustrated when you call her, thats the good thing.haha

ohh...the printer side usually have templates of wordings and graphics for you to choose. Are you going to T-dragon? We printed from there but their service sucks. Too much business....amend my artwork dont know how many times..apparently they dont read through first before sending to clients...coz the mistake spotted are simple mistake.
They only let me choose color of flowers and table cloth colors.

miki_28

Hello Rasa BTBs and GTBs,

I'm an ex-Rasa Bride who get married at The Pavilion in Dec 2007. It's been a long time since my last visit to this forum.

I enjoyed my wedding at Rasa and hope to celebrate my coming 1st Anniversary at Rasa again (",)

Hope you gals and guys have a great experience preparing for your weddings!

Anyway I'm back in this forum to bring some news on wedding favors. If you are looking for unique and cute wedding favors , please kindly visit my website @ www.theblisscottage.com.sg

Currently I hv ready stock for Beach-themed Placecard Frames (214 pcs left). Usual selling px is $3.40 each. For my fellow Rasa BTBs and GTBs, I'm offering a special rate of $2.80 each. If you r interested, please email me at [email protected]

Cheers! (",)
804849.jpg
804850.jpg

rumi78

Anyone's wedding banquet to be held on 13 Dec?

ZoukOut - Southeast Asia's largest dance music festival

ZoukOut is organized by Zouk, a popular club in Singapore. The event will be held at Siloso Beach on 13 December 2008, Saturday from 6.30pm to 8am the next day. Thousands are expected to attend this event.

In anticipation of high noise level, ear plugs will be provided for the resort’s guests. Guests are also advised to carry their key cards at all times, as random checks will be carried out for the security of the resort. As this is an external event, the resort will not be held responsible or liable for any incident resulting from the inconvenience caused by ZoukOut.

storebelli

by the way gals, juz a qn. mine would be in jan 2010 do u gals think i sld wait for Mar 09 for their wedding show or i sld juz proceed then ask for perks. And also are they gg to revise their price or juz trying to make us sign up 1st? esp since now we r in a recession....

raine24

hi storebelli, I think the perks are the same, they don't vary very much, its just how hard you can push them for it I guess. If you wait till Mar 09, not sure whether you can still get your date in Jan 2010. Usually the bookings are all taken up abt 1 yr in advance. Then again with the situation of the economy, not sure whether Rasa will still be making as much.. then again, people STILL need to get married right? ;)

rumi78

i was told by my coordinator a few couples have cancelled their wedding banquet scheduled for 2009... and forfeited $2K deposit.

desmondtan

Hi to all RS brides,
i'm asking on behalf of my friend who is attending a dec 08 weekday dinner. what is the price of per table nett?

redskye

Hi, can anyone email me the perks that you can get when negotiating the banquet package with rasa sentosa? I intend to hold my wedding there next year end.

Thanks.

lawery

Redskye,

Have you checked with rasa if the date tat u wanna is available??

I tink its better for you to have a confirmed date den ask them for the packages, study on what they have to offer you den try 2 squeeze them dry on each point. =P

storebelli

hi all i went jus to chk up the prices, indeed it is going to go up by $30 per table next year and $30 more on 2010. can anyone share with me the perks and how to nego with them for perks? actually i'm not really into perks but more of changing little things here n there like drinks, n the cake. i gg to see them on the 21st dec. n also is it true they are holding banquets almost every week? n what are the perks they are willing to let us squeeze in? oh pls help... coz i really wanna hav an idyllic outdoor beach wedding..

ahbui

I was at Shang for a friends wedding 2 weeks ago..I was very surprised with the huge room, but the food wasn't that good.

joyce2630

Hi, I'm new in this forum. Am considering Rasa... anyone doing/did full outdoor wedding? (which means both solemnize and dinner at the beach)

rumi78

hi joyce, in my opinion, i feel is not that gd to have the dinner outdoor as it gets very dark at night and the photos will not turn out as good and the humid weather will make your guests less comfortable. also hard to see what they are eating.

also the outdoor solemization i had witness is not that romantic... or beautiful and is not that worth to pay that price for that site.

I had mine at lobby lounge beside pavilion and it was given to me foc.. and it looks great. not to mention is weather independent but yet open space.

ptbear

Had a unpleasant experience with making appointments with one of their coordinators. Email dun reply. Call her some long still never call back. Only when I email and forwarded the message to her boss and herself then quickly call back.

I thought 5* hotels have good service, as I experience great service at another 5* hotel and I thought its the norm to be prompt in their follow-ups. Seems like its not the case.

Have already mentally taken this off my list of AD venue because of the lousy service.

rumi78

hi ptbear, dun be affected by this one time off case. just ask for another coordinator if u want to book with them

i have great feedback from my guests that the food was good and it was a very nice wedding event.

But the main issue is the car park problem which never gets resolved even though i had reserved 12 parking lots, is useless as the security just stop the car from entering even though the car plate appears in their vip list. my vip guest just barged in.. dun care..

xesthir, u mean u can reserve car park lots?
how to? my coordinator simply say we cant reserve lots, its first come first serve basis..

also, can i ask u BTB if you all are renting projectors? I was told that Rasa do not provide projectors and we need to rent them outside! was surprised as a hotel do not provide projectors???

rumi78

Blissful, i got free rental of projector from rasa as I have specifically wanted this to be included in my contract so is free.

Reservation of lots was given to me, but it was not working very well , probably only 40% can come in. VIP like both our parents n solemnizer n PG n VG are required to have lots.

actualy the car park problem is really a BIG HEADACHE, if u have helpers, pls ask them to come early like 2pm, even if they come at 4pm, car park is full already...for weekends. then u will end up with no helpers. coz they are told to park at merlion!! this is what happened to us, in the end after complaining to coordinator, they were allowed to park inside.

can u imagine they hire a few 'security' just to monitor the car park at sentosa.. it is not really working. and they are still not resolving the problem.

Try to ask your other guests to take the free coaches

xesthir, u are smart! the projector thingy has never crossed my mind at all as i thot it's a standard thing that a 5 star resort hotel under Shangri-La will include the projectors when u book the ballroom!

as for carpark, i've been checking with my coordinator and on my wedding day itself, there isnt any other functions in Rasa. Do you think there will be sufficient lots for my guests?

I had my company function at Rasa few weeks bk, and as my company function was huge (1000+ ppl), the carpark lot was all snapped up by 4+pm. i really feel bad for the couple having their wedding dinner there as we created so much noise and took up all the lots!

rumi78

ahahah which day was that. my wedding was on 20th Dec.and it was the only wedding of that night. & I think there was some function and heard that carpark was full by 4+pm. .. was it your Co?

Also dec is peak period, usually got car park problem.

not sure if the projector provided by rasa is gd. i think is quite landscape.so if u are providing slideshow.. portrait might be cut off a little. landscape will be better. U doing at pavilion or siloso? mine's at pavilion

omg xesthir, YES YES! hahaha. that was my company!!! we had a huge D&D by the beach, and even though i went early, i couldnt get a lot!

i know urs is at pavilion, and i saw you! you are pretty =)
i told my hubby "the bride is pretty!"
heehee. ur coordinator is lynn right?
Lynn told me that u and your hubby moved up to the lounge as the white fence was too noisy for you to have the solemnisation. my hubby commented that u guys should go to my company ppl and tell them to keep quiet for half an hr so that u can continue to have your solemnisation!

ya dec is peak period, so i'm praying hard that there will be no function or other dinner on my wedding day itself. so far there isn't any other bookings.. keeping my fingers crossed!

rumi78

hihi blissful. haha. so we were the couple. u saw us at the solemnisation at the lounge or at the pavilion during wedding banquet?

Actually is not true we chose to have it at lounge vs white fence, our initial idea was to have it at the lounge long ago coz lynn told me it was FOC.. white fence need to pay $800. but in the end they tried to charge me $800 still but in the end waive off as i told them they told me it was free, else i would have done it at the function room.

actually was the D&D very loud? hahaha i tell u i was too busy n preoccupied that i didn't hear anything else. hahah.... i am glad it was over.. the food was commented to be good. but i didnt get to taste much also no appetite to eat..

is ur coordinator lynn? when is ur wedding?

hiya xesthir, small world indeed =)
i was at the lobby waiting for Lynn as i collected my wedding cards from her that day.. den i saw you and ur hubby march in for ur solemnisation. u have a nice gown too!

yes, the D&D was loud loud loud. hahaha. i'm glad that we didnt cause any wrecks to ur wedding! hehe.

rumi78

haha. i think i marched in with my daddy leh. hehe. not my hubby... ohh they commented that my 1st march in for the banquet, the gown is nicer than the solomisation one!

my only regrets is that i came down quite late to the lobby area before the wedding banquet and all were seated already.. so i dunnno if i taken enuff photos with that gown...with family n friends. and worse is my PG n VP were missing in action. no idea where they are!

how come my coordinator n yours is the same. but say different things... haha... but i guess is coz coordinator trying to appease us coz we were very upset over some crop up.. when visiting her before the wedding..

xesthir, yes yes, u marched in with ur dad. i saw that, cos initially, my hubby and I thot it was a rehearsal for ur dinner! den realised, eh? everyone's standing up and clapping! so can't be rehearsal.. haha.

oh u have a different gown for solemnisation! that gown is nice =)

as for ur dinner, i didnt kpo to see liao cos my D&D started by the beach :p

nicxy

Hi xesthir, you mean Rasa charge you only 800 for white fence? I thought they are charging 1500 for white fence. Any even if the weather is raining and doing it in lounge or funtion room, Rasa is still charging the same price 1500?

rumi78

Yes Rasa charging same price even if raining $1500.

$800 quoted to me was due to signing up during wedding show and i told them I had fewer guests, n part of negotiation to make me sign on the spot

nicxy

I see. Thanks Xesthir. I hope it doesn't rain on my AD.

Anyone has any idea if the wedding favours are still the same? Candles and Chocolates?

sean_ng

Hi all,
I have the following items for sale from my wedding last Friday.
All items are brand new and only bought few days before my actual day.
Please send me an email at seanngyl@gmail for more details.

1) Martell VSOP, 70cl, duty paid, 8 bottles, $70 each

2) Berri Estates Cabernet Sauvignon, 75cl, duty paid, 22 bottles, $18 each

sillyfool

Hi all,

I am thinking of Rasa Sentosa as the venue for my AD.. but was wondering issit too troublesome to get to the place? Can anyone advise?

Thanks

misspiggy81

Hi All,

I have signed up wif Rasa but only got notified on their wedding show (March 8th) that they might be undergoing extensive renovation. But their plans are not confirmed yet, only by May would they be able to give their concrete plans. Now i'm worried. Should i cancel and demand my deposit back?

misspiggy81

they didnt say much coz they dont have the actual plans. got to wait till may for the plans to come out. right now they themselves dont even know how extensive it would be. I dont really fancy the wait till may 09 to know if i will b affected coz the date i was thinking of is a hot date in 2010.

chewy_chew

Hi all,

I am thinking of Rasa Sentosa as the venue for my AD.. but am quite concern over the standard and quality of food they serve for chinese dinner? any advice?

chewy_chew

hi jasmine, thank you!
anyway, the planner who got in touch with me mentioned that the renovation will be next year (2010). If I'm not wrong, the renovation will not affect weddings.. better ask the ppl there again..

chewy_chew

dear rasa brides,
i'm intending to sign the package with them..
is it possible for you to share the package details wif me esp for the chinese dinner package?
thank you lots! you may send the details to [email protected]

didee

received an email from the hotel telling us that they will be having a major renovation in 2010. the duration of the renovation will only be known by may 2009. so the hotel asked if we would still like to consider having our banquet at the hotel...

finally, my HTB and myself hav decided to drop the hotel as a potential banquet place...