Sembawang Green BTO sep 06

a_pinglim

sad.gif

baij0001

A big suggestion, can we group up and buy furniture at one go to seek maximum discount? Whole sale price?
happy.gif

We can share our interested furniture stores online, and buy together.

Welcome other suggestions!

puikiah

Hi All,
Been to the site this morning, saw one contractor offering incense sticks near the car park. Maybe praying to get more buisness from us
biggrin.gif
We did not email him our floor plan after we found out his company is not one of the HDB approved contractors. No need to waste time.
Approached by another contractor; think the same one Prolin_g had met b4. We were given the best package under his subsidiary company. (Note: The parent company having demerit points.) The contractor is very well prepared, they have 3D drawings for all rooms & all layouts. Basic package $12,388 with free items: 3 in 1 non inverter aircon, hood & hob, sink and tap; but for those who need extra storage space, the quoted length is definitely not enough and will need to top up $$$. Likewise need extra $ for other good to have items ¡V shoes cabinet, TV feature wall, TV console, platforms, shower screens, false ceiling/L box which will need extra light point which contractor can charge us for $35 per point. So it all depends on what we actually need and how deep is our pocket.
Blk 487 ¡V Level 5 and below glass panels still not up yet and whole block bay window¡¦s grille also not up yet.
Blk 488 ¡V Should be 100% completed.
Blk 489 ¡V There is blue net near the stair case. The rest should be completed.
Blk 490 ¡V Saw the workers cleaning up the windows. Think this block will not have window grille as no bay window..

puikiah

Hi Nor,
If you check the general spec for Sembawang Green, there is no window grille. I am quite surprised to know there is window grille for the bay window at first. May be for safety purpose. The ID who approached me few days back is offering a package which include whole house window grille with 6 choices of design. I am not recommending him though. Maybe the forum kaki here can start to poll which is the popular ID they have engaged and how much reno budget. I will only recommend my ID if I really find him offering good service and delivers what he has promised. Sigh..got IDs who can provide quality product but workmanship no good; workmanship good one have limited choice of material..
Hard to find a perfect match.
kao_cry.gif

khet13

sales tactic bah
happy.gif

they are probably trying to assure u tt ur neighbours are using them for renovation so should b "safe" for u to sign up with em

kwoni

they are toking c**k...dun believe them... none of us have any letters yet...all units were locked and barricades still chained...oni a small opening at the entrance shelter there...

Somebody else in this forum checked with HDB that the keys were not handed over to HDB last wk.. im not sure yet...but hoping they will hand over the keys this week or next week after their final touch-up and send us the letter soon...rushing for reno to complete b4 7th month

I advise everybody to double check with this forum everybody before believing in the 'contractors' loitering around our blocks...

puikiah

Ya, don't easily believe them
nono.gif
Ms Kua, the cust svc mgr for our Sembawang Green flats, till today has not released any key yet.

sharonzlj

One of friend who had her house renovate last year. She introuce me to Design Profession Pte Ltd. She say that their service is good, price is also very good compare to others.I had went down on sat. Now waiting for his quote.
you guys can look for Andy Lim HP:81020890, Email:[email protected]

devilboy

I would recommend

HO BEE RENOVATION PTE LTD
Blk 4034 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1 #01-54 S'pore 569641
Tel: 6788 5841 Fax: 6788 9384
HDB Licence No: 02-0225-Z Co.Reg No: 200406028D

Their qoutation is by far the most detail as they breaks down to every single item they do. You might need to prepare your floor plan and email them for qoutation however, they do not exactly do design which explains their value for money, therefore, you really need to know what you need and how you want your house to be. Very honest group.

baij0001

Thank you all guys for sharing the ID info. Today I will go to IMM WEIKEN ID to get my quotation and room design layout. Got another quote from BAROQUE Design, the quotation is around 20k++, will meet the sales guy there to discuss the details.

Don't believe the ID sales guy, one ID we have enaged they said they had received floor plan from Sembawany Greeners, for renovation of 5 room units, but I was in doubt, non of the blocks is offering 5-room unit right? haiz... They are trying to fool us.

riax

Hi A-Pinglim,
20th of this month or?

Erm, I just checked the website and its still indicating end Jul 09...=(

edwin_teoh

riax u from 489 right? i suppose u haven got the update as they will sort out 488 pple first. congrats to 488 people for getting the dates!!!

i am sure ur letter is on the way!

riax

Hi A-Pinglim,
Hee Hee...so sorry to confuse you!! Congrats!!! So happy to hear that 488s are collecting your keys soon,,,finally...
happy.gif

Hi Edwin,
Yup Yup, I am from 489..Alright, I shall patiently wait for my letter to arrive...soon...
happy.gif

patgav

Pinglim, yeah where u view the date wor? mine status is HDB will invite you to take possession (ie collect keys) of your new flat in due course.

puikiah

Hi simplet0tz, sorry I never check with Ms Kua on the keys; but I guess should be; otherwise our new neighbours will not see their key collection date.
Congrats 488 ppl
kao_cheers.gif

ottermum

Congrats 488ers!!

borabai pls think twice about Baroque design if i'm not wrong Renotalk has lots of feedbacks about this ID...

Guys pls don't believe any of the ID ambushing at our blocks they simply bad-mouth one another whenever they have chance...1 can be talking to my hubby the other talk to my mum...all bad-mouthing each other...really a turn-off!!!

simplet0tz

Seems like only 1 person know the date of collection.. What abt the rest of 488ers?

Still waiting for my date.. Will keep u guys posted!

baij0001

HDB will invite you to take possession (ie collect keys) of your new flat in due course.
I am from 488. This is the message appeared in my HDB e-service Portal. What does it mean?

mech

Hi!
I'm from 488 too, but the message I got from the HDB website is "HDB will invite you to take possession (ie collect keys) of your new flat in due course". It's not the end of July one already. Guess it's going to be pretty soon
happy.gif

bigfish

Wah... it's so exciting hor... Am so looking forward to getting keys.. but i'm from 490, yet to even receive letter to submit loan. Haha.

Congrats to those who have received date of key collection.
All the best in sourcing the best ID and contractor.

patgav

I saw the msg chge to collection of keys on 20th May already... yeah.....

Think the rest of the 488s will be getting the keys also :p

devilboy

Hi BoraBai

Apologies for not sending you an email. Here is what I would suggest you to do. I find it will confused you further by getting emails from users here and compare prices, because the work and description is different. Initially I thought all ID usually provides the same thing and focus more on prices... but then again, the description from the ID and Contractors varies... for example, ID1 qoute you 20K, ID 2 qoute you 18K, you might expect ID2 is cheaper, but ID2 does not provide you Kitchen Cabinets, then you think ID1 is better because they have Kitchen Cabinets but then the prices only stand up to first 10 feet of your kitchen. So, how do you make a final call which is cheaper? Confusing right? Thats' what happen to me initially until I get fedup and start visiting ID and ask. More importantly, you MUST know what you want, it will be wise to spend a few hours to go to the ID and understand what are they refering in that slip of paper they are offering you. Only when you understand what on earth they are saying, you will know what you want. At first I also feel paiseh walking into ID firms and ask... but... it's a process I encourage everyone to do because you are putting your hard earn money into it. Like I said, Ho Bee is a trusted CONTRACTOR and the best is that you know what you want and ask them accordingly. But, I really like their services, they even advise me to take the keys first and get an appointment with them so that they will walk the ground with you and understand what is needed and qoute you again.