ROM advice needed

MsCookies

hi everyone, I am new and would like to seek some advice. Im totally blank and have zero idea on how/what to do.

my bf and I plan to ROM end of this year and have our wedding end of next year (partially it is because of his family's superstition from a fortune teller saying that he can only ''wed'' after his birthday next year which is on November)

But after much thinking, we would wanna follow our instincts and ROM end of this year instead.

We are looking at doing a simple ROM for our closest friends and relatives. not more than 20pax of guest. Also, I am not sure on the budget , how much should we prepare / what to prepare. and whether if it is better to do in ROM or an outside venue.

would love to know your opinions / advices. thank you!

kytheon

hi everyone, I am new and would like to seek some advice. Im totally blank and have zero idea on how/what to do.

my bf and I plan to ROM end of this year and have our wedding end of next year (partially it is because of his family's superstition from a fortune teller saying that he can only ''wed'' after his birthday next year which is on November)

But after much thinking, we would wanna follow our instincts and ROM end of this year instead.

We are looking at doing a simple ROM for our closest friends and relatives. not more than 20pax of guest. Also, I am not sure on the budget , how much should we prepare / what to prepare. and whether if it is better to do in ROM or an outside venue.

Hi Cookies,

Congratulations to you! Hope you have started planning for your wedding next year.

Mine was just a simple affair between 2 close families and i was also under budget, so went to rom to sign the papers. Then 2 families went to Carousel for makan. Spent about 700++ for the makan. My dress was just a simple long dress and make up was done by a friend. so total around 180$ for me only.

ROM is really depend on what you want and how much money you are willing to spent. As i have a bto coming, hence budget was my deciding factor. If you are with spending more, then would suggest you to do it at hotels/restaurants (outside ROM itself). I'm sure more BTB here would be happy to share their planning experience.

At the end of the day, it is really up to you on what is your budget, what other priorities (wedding, bto renovations etc) you have.

Cheers :)

MsCookies

Hi Cookies,

Congratulations to you! Hope you have started planning for your wedding next year.

Mine was just a simple affair between 2 close families and i was also under budget, so went to rom to sign the papers. Then 2 families went to Carousel for makan. Spent about 700++ for the makan. My dress was just a simple long dress and make up was done by a friend. so total around 180$ for me only.

ROM is really depend on what you want and how much money you are willing to spent. As i have a bto coming, hence budget was my deciding factor. If you are with spending more, then would suggest you to do it at hotels/restaurants (outside ROM itself). I'm sure more BTB here would be happy to share their planning experience.

At the end of the day, it is really up to you on what is your budget, what other priorities (wedding, bto renovations etc) you have.

hi KyTeon! thanks for your reply! I haven't plan a single thing for the ROM end of this year and the wedding next year. I would love to have a simple garden / cafe ROM and book a private room however still looking for options. may end up doing it at ROM sign papers and go out for food like you. for dress and make up prolly gonna go for something. thanks for your advice and opinions. cheers!

Hi Cookies,

Hi Kytheon,

I may have to ROM before my banquet due to HDB. My back-up plan will be to go and sign the papers at ROM with my close family only, wanted to check if you were allowed to choose the ROM date? (read the ROM website but still unsure)

TIA!

rainbow_unicorn

Hi MsCookies,

Me and bf also planning for ROM but is going be in Feb 2018 and dinner in Dec 2018. We booked a suite at Marina Mandarin for ROM with a night stay and planned for dinner at their chinese restuarant within the hotel. Planned for 30 pax and budget within 3k. It also depends on your budget that you are looking at and I think doing in the private suite is quite nice.

SierraCD

Hi MsCookies,

Depending on whether you are able to get a Solemnizer would be part of your problem if you were to ROM end of this year. My fiance and I have a banquet in Dec 2017 and we planned to ROM at the Hotel, and although we found a Licensed Solemnizer, it took forever to find one.

We went through pages full of names before managing to get a Licensed Solemnizer, partially due to the fact that they already have a booking with other couples made months in advance, or generally its holiday season and they are out of Singapore.

Basically, it's Licensed Solemnizer is part of what you should consider first before thinking you want to ROM.

Just sharing my experience.

Hi MsCookies,

Me and bf also planning for ROM but is going be in Feb 2018 and dinner in Dec 2018. We booked a suite at Marina Mandarin for ROM with a night stay and planned for dinner at their chinese restuarant within the hotel. Planned for 30 pax and budget within 3k. It also depends on your budget that you are looking at and I think doing in the private suite is quite nice.

Hi hi! Can I know more abt your rom? Which suite did you book ? Having it in April weekday. Most probably less than 20pax. Looking for various options