Rendezvous Hotel Singapore

yuvy

hi, melody.. have you go for food tasting? how is the food for you?
im considering to hold my AD at HR too.. but still confused whether its right decision. =(
today i walk in to view the place le..
But now, got couple do the tentative booking for the date i want.. fiuhh..
need any reviews... thanks..

piger

Melody: oh.. Danny fix the appt for you??? I'm excited on mine... dunno when yet.. heehee...

Coco: think not much diff la... u can ask ur co-ordinator to send you the new theme...

U girls have Facebook or Multiply?? can add me in... =)

FB: [email protected]
Multiply: pigerling

piger

Sir Lex: my AD is on 3rd Jan 2010.. when is urs?? Ya.. the ballroom is a T shape one....

Fivany: welcome.. so have have you confirm your banquet area?? u looked very young leh.. when is ur AD??

yuvy

melody: maybe cos it'll be 1st time for me, so a bit feel nervous and choose wrongly as actually so many places that can be choose.. heehee...

eelynn:i havent confirmed the banquet.. im still looking around.. the HR still havent informed me about the date i want..
my AD on 3rd apr 2010.. =)

piger

Sir Lex: ohhh..... the stage is rather small i agree... but i've never went up b4 leh.. shaky arh???

Fivany: mmm.. who's ur co-ordinator??? maybe you can call them and double check?? haahaa.. all of us here is also first time planning ma.. so long you like it.. just confirm it lor..=)

ong_coco

Hi, anyone has sample of their wedding insert for Hotel Rendezvous? What shall we write for the name of hotel in chinese? Thanks!

kv24

Coco, you should have ask from your coordinator to ensure the correct is given. Anyway Sharon has just given for my wedding:

Rendezvous Hotel Singapore
9 Bras Basah Road
Singapore 189559
Straits Ballroom, Level 2

Áú¶¼´ó¾Æµê
¾ÅºÅ£¬ÎðÀ­Ê¿°Íɳ·
º£Ï¿Ñç»áÌü ¶þÂ¥

mymelody999

Eelynn: we actually called Danny at his hp and he emailed us on the same day to confirm on the food tasting date. He said he got email us on and off to keep us updated but both my HTB and myself never receive anything leh. I must say he is quite flexible as we requested to change some of our dishes from our package with some of the dishes from the more ex package and he is ok with it. Looking forward to the food tasting!

kv24

coco... who is your coordinator? He/she dont want to give to you? best to get from them any of such details to be safe

kv24

melody .. they allow to change dishes with the more exp menu?? really?? wat you changed ?? i going to have food tasting this sunday..

piger

Melody: ohhhhh... the dish wise i have not decide yet.. but will tok to Eileen about it.. =)

KV: when is ur AD???

Wow... I'm excited on it...

mushie

Dear All,

Understand that few years ago Rendezvous got gave a free Ang Bao Box to the couple. Not sure are they still giving now?

I am looking to buy one. If you are selling, pls email to [email protected].

Thanks.

mymelody999

Hi Kv, we are taking menu A but we changed the desert to the desert to yam paste which is from the other more ex menu C. Maybe the cost price of these desert is so low to them so there isn't much diff and hence willing to change for us. As for other dishes, still need to "negotiate" with them. But they did mention for the fish, we need to top up some $ if we want change to red garoupa from menu C.

Do keep us updated on your food tasting on sunday ya!! Thanks in advanced!

ong_coco

kv: I am not sure who is my coordinator. I believe should be Sharon as she is the one whom handle my wedding dinner contract. I am also having my ROM buffet lunch with Hotel Rendezvous but my coordinator is Melissa whom was transferred to another dept. Melissa is very helpful, kinda disappointed that she is not handling my ROM stuff anymore...

2009_gal

Hi Coco,

You will be hold your dinner at Hotel Rendezvous? May I know how many table and whats the price per table? Thanks
happy.gif

ong_coco

My ROM on 21 Sept 09 n customary on 1 May 10.
Initially wanted my ROM on 090909 but Merevale 1 was booked so i changed to 21st...

I shall be having between 19 to 21 tables...the max is 24 tables for the straits ballroom..The price is $838 and $918, depending on the menu. If u sign up during their wedding show, you will get better deals.

piger

Coco... ohhhh...... so u're having ur ROM on 21st Sept... so must show us ur photo arh....

have you went for your food tasting???

ong_coco

Hi Eelynn, i have not gone for my food tasting as my wedding is next yr. I believe we can only go for food tasting 2 mths before actual date?

Btw, no food tasting for ROM buffet lunch lah....

kv24

melody.. my food tastin is ok.. food wise..
- fish i feel the portion abit small.. one table spoon size only.. cant feel the taste so mcuh as the portion to small le..
- i tryed the smoked duck ..don like it..cos its too tough.. and its so red and it sort of put us off at first glanhce.. my mom used hand to eat it..mil asked for Knife to cut it.. don seem too good for old ppl..will take back chicken to be more "da chong hua"
-shark fin is best..nothin to complain..lots of crab meat n fin inside and the roe.. taste nice
- Dessert is red bean.. might change for yam paste too.. but if so then cant get the taro ring for our dish
- two dishes got scallops, another two dishes also with same ingredient..cant rem which one.. got to see how to rearrange the dishes selected
- taro ring..some cmmented not crispy enough
- lotus leave rice is ok.. fragnant..but i think the presenation not nice enuff.. lots of ingredient in it
-brocholi with scallop - brocholi too raw

piger

sherri: yup.. i'm with HR.... i find it okie... very cosy feeling.... =) if your guest list is not alot... can shortlist it also... =)

kv24

just have my weddin at HR last sat.. over all is ok.. just that the place quite pack..(I got 21 table) those sitting at the corner opposite the projector (at the stage) will nto be able to see th projector cos of the rostum blockin the view.. food abit small quantity.. shark fin sucks big time..whicih is very disspointing cos durng food tasting..shark fin is my fav dish..with big serving, lots of crab roe and soup got a nice browish yellowish color cos the generous roe inside.. on the weddin day.. cant see any roe and too starchy.. cant taste a few strands of shark fin too..
sad.gif
good to have small weddin.. we barely can cope with our tables.. totally no timet o talk to guest or take more pics or have games/more yam sam..

kv24

no pics still.. not tat serious ba.. just weddin only first time organise..of course got things unexpected or wat.. overall still is good.. HR mgr in charge helped to make our last min requests, change of plan etc.. very flexible and reactive.. good too..

i wont be comin to forum anymore.. any question please do a pte msg so that i can get email notification on replies....

piger

KV: noted... u add me in Multiply lor... then i can view u and ur wife's lovely pics .. =)

Multiply: pigerling