Qian Xi Restaurant??

gin

Hi maggie,
Thanks for the words...i will try not to tink abt it! My PS 2 weeks later..largi worst..juz ate choco bar and choco cake!! ARGYH!
hahahhaa...

trina_wys

Hi Maggie!!

Hahah... she was late really?? So sorry... but actually it wasn't really my fault leh... we arranged to meet her at 6pm @ expo.. my hubby overslept and we ended up being 10 mins late.. then Suzanne said that after us they were going to paya lebar to meet another couple to sign up then they were going to farrer park branch to sign up another one!! so that was you!! hehe.. so concidential!! somemore co they were in a rush.. we just paid our deposit and never even talk about the menu leh.. haha.. suzanna say that we can do it another time.. so funny!!
happy.gif

Hi Gin,

I went to paya lebar to have dinner before and there was a wedding going on in the main ballroom.. because there was only one door way.. the reception though i was one of the guest.. it was so funny.. somemore i was wearing a t-shirt and jeans only.. i felt quite embarrassed.. but i think you dun have to worry too much coz once i was in the restaurant.. i just went to the smaller ballroom and couldn't really hear the outside wedding anymore..
happy.gif

trina_wys

that day.. both boss and lady boss said that every restaurant got one couple book for their wedding.. so its very fair.. haha.. i especially find the boss very excited about the expo restaurant.. saying that the standard can be compared to some hotels and that its value for money.. he was really funny.. both hubby and i enjoyed talking to the both of them.. we even left together coz they were on their way to paya lebar.. hmm.. i wonder who that couple were?? maye the bride is here too in this forum??

happy.gif

gin

Hi Petrina,
This is wat im afraid of too..i seriously hope tat day onli 1 wedding...cos i dun like the idea of ppl hanging ard the place when i dunoe them? Sorry...but if i knew this thing would happen, i will not consider tis place at all...sigh..its all too late! This is wat i hate abt...the food, atmosphere, service all not too bad..but the idea of 2 weddings is a hatrated!!! How can they design the place to be like tis..if the walkway is behind the stage, then nothing to say...but imagine going in thru the side door, then still have to walk pass the main ballroom to the side ballroom isnt tat the same as walkin in thru the same door? Its like two competitors competing for guests like tat...argh! Then imagine march in???The waitresses all need to walk pass my main ballroom to the side ballroom if we start at the same time??
ARGH!!
Getting frastrated suddenly!! Any solutions or not?? HELP!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone highlight suzanna abt it.....

trina_wys

Hi Gin,

How many tables are you planning to have? if you have a lot of tables, then there will most probably not be another wedding taking place at the restaurant. only maybe walk-in guest for dinner only..

it is inevitable that sometimes most places will have 2 events going on at the same time.. some hotels are also like that.. the only problem is that there is only one door to Qian Xi paya lebar..

dun be frustrated over this.. the most important thing is that your guest will enjoy the quality food.. one thing that you would definately not able to get in hotels.. when i booked my venue too.. i was worried about having 2 weddings together.. but when i thought about the quality of food and cost.. i decided that they were more important..

when i read other restaurant threads, most of the time if there are not enough tables which the wedding couple book.. the rest of the restaurant is also opened to the public..

i will be meeting suzanna end of this month and i will highlight this issue to her..

smile and be a beautiful bride Gin..
happy.gif

trina_wys

Hi Maggie,

Mother's Day theme would be rather interesting.. but its going to be your big day! surely you would want to do something that you and your hubby will like??

further more.. if you want to decorate the place with carnations.. it could be quite costly coz the prices usually jack up 2 weeks before mothers day..
happy.gif

so better think carefully first yah??

eiggam

Hi Petrina and Gin!

Petrina: actually i'm thinking more toward giving every lady a carnation cos every lady is made to be a mother and they should be appreciated whether they are a mum already or not. And i wanna pay tribute to my mum and my husband's mum. We are not born very rich but our mums tried to give us the best such that now we are successful people. One thing that prompted me to do this is becos i'm very very close to my mum and my hubby too. i know that my mum went thru a lot to bring my sis and i up cos my dad had a stroke when i was two years old and altho' he recovered almost 100% now, my mum had to bear and tolerate all the "white eyes" from my relatives when i was young esp. she gave birth to two girls. I remembered how all my families lived together and my mum was the one who had to cook, wash and do everything while my aunts and aunts-in-laws just sit around. I had so much admiration for my mum that i dun mind giving her the limelight. I may even wanna do a short clip of my mum and my hubby's mum but still dunno how. Anyway, the thing that confirm must have are the carnations (i know it's ex at that period but i hope to get a cheaper rate thru my cousin cos she used to be a florist and is part of the ikebana club in spore so i hope she can have cheap lobang for flowers) and my hubby's parents and my parents march in before us. how do u find it?
happy.gif

Gin: hmm.. actually, in my opinion, i think the guests wun be so bothered abt the confusion and all. my cousin's wedding was at lei garden at orchard plaza, great place great food but they still open up the place for other people. But it's something that no one remembers (until i thot about what happens if there should be two weddings). what i rem was how happy the bride and groom looked when they walked down the aisle, beaming in bliss and happiness and the food (thumbs-up!). Of cos there were other people and it was quite noisy but it din bother me a bit nor the rest of my family. we commented on the food, the happy couple. I think just put it in perspective, i dun think the guests will mind as long as they end up at the right place in the end and as for those who walked wrongly, i think they will know to just say that they are at the wrong place.
let me give you another example. I was at the grassroots club a few months back as i was receeing gim tim restaurant there. on that day, there was a wedding at the restaurant (3rd floor) and another one at the function room (first floor) and during the short period of time that we were there, we already saw quite a lot of people going to the wrong wedding! There were like two big posters at the lobby stating who's wedding at where yet there are still people following the wrong crowd to the wrong place. But once they saw that there was no one they recognise at the wrong place, they will look for the correct place.
Gin, just relax and dun worry so much. if there should be two weddings, just make sure that you have someone whom everyone knows standing outside to tell people that that's ur wedding or put up a big big poster of u and ur hubby's picture.

that's what i'm going to do leh. Cos if farrer park has two weddings (i hope not), the guests will enter from two different doors, one at the front and one at the back and people who drive will tend to enter from the back (cos that's near the carpark door) and those who take mrt will tend to enter from the front. I'm going to ask my first aunt, my mum, my dad and my sis and bro-in-law to stand at the front door (cos i'm taking the bigger ballroom) to "jagar" the people and some frens (who are like auntie- and uncle-killers to be the ushers) and on top of that, i will do up a big big poster and mount on an easel at the door so even my frens (like colleagues and all), who dunno my parents and never seen my hubby, will also know that that's my wedding. and of cos, tell everyone again and again that enter from the front door. Good?
happy.gif

eiggam

wow.. realised my posting very long. Anyway, just to tell u all that i;m very very KS. i actually went to buy my mum's evening wear for my banquet already. it was very very nice and elegent and very reasonable and affordable price. It's only $110 (after we bargained and bargained) and it is a maroon color evening gown that's perfect for mother of the bride. altho it's not tailor-made it fits my mum perfectly! thinking of bring my mum-in-law to go there and shop for evening gown soon. that place is at toa payoh can't rem the exact address but will go and find out.

gin

Hi Petrina,
Thanks alot! Pls help me highlight to Suzanna cos kinda worried. I know food all these are ok...but..sigh...nonetheless...thanks..do keep me update. My email is [email protected] If you need my mobile, we can exchange too...when's ur wedding ah? Cos i see u need videographer?

Hi Maggie,
I been to Farrer park's QXL before...for your case, still got two entrance, mine only 1. I will take your advice by putting big big poster of me and my hubby..hopefully ppl dun walk wrongly..in fact, the couple who had the small ballroom, the guest then have to worry of walking to the wrong place rite? Shldnt it be the small ballroom couple worry than me? :p Sorry to say la...
My hubby stay at Toa Payoh..and there is one shop tat sells such gown...near the RC...

eiggam

Hi pchosg and Gin!

pchosg: i can't really remember the name of the shop but i rem that it's near the big big tree that. The shop unit no. is #01-234, very ez to rem. Are you a qianxi bride also?

Gin: yah, actually the smaller ballroom couple should be more worried cos it's more confusing for the guests and somemore for PL, they have to walk past u all to go in but ur guests can just go in and sit liao. Dun worry so much..
happy.gif
relax and be a pretty pretty bride!

trina_wys

Hi Maggie,

Now that i've read your mail and am able to understand where you are coming from.. i myself have thought of adding my parents and hubby's parents too by getting them to walk in before we do.. i think that now that we're all grown up.. there is hardly any chance on expressing our love for them.. this would be a very nice way..
happy.gif

It's a very lovely thought of you wanting to give every lady a carnation..
happy.gif

u can also do a photo montage starting with your parents and hubby's parents photos first.. before the two of you come in.. that would be rather nice and romantic.. its like the merging of 2 families.. somemore if i remember correctly.. farrer park got 2 projectors??

Another way to express your love would be the thank you speech by your hubby.. actually in my case.. my hubby will be saying the speech in chinese while i'll do it in english.. but must be prepared for a lot of tissue!!.. keke..
happy.gif

trina_wys

Hi Gin,

I hope that you are feeling a little bit better.. i understand your worries and will let suzanna know about it.. unfortunately i doubt that there is anything she can do about it also unless she doesn't take another wedding and take walk-in guest only..
sad.gif

My AD is still 1 1/2 years to go ah.. 25th Nov 2006.. I'm a kiasu bride.. hehe!!
happy.gif

Yes I'm looking for a videograoher and so far i like The Wedding Paparrazi coz has it humour side and also romantic side..
happy.gif

I'm also looking for a photographer too!!

Oh and also BS.. haha!! everything also i dun have.. only venue has been booked..
happy.gif

gin

Hi Maggie and Petrina,
Thanks....actually I got a handful of vegetarian friends and muslim friends..wanted to slot them together so that they can chat with the rest but QXL may not have such service..if have also not worth lor...Anyway wat do u ladies think ah? You gals got vegetarian friends too? Mine is strict vegetarian somemore. To me, another solution is to seperate invite them lor...

Petrina,
You mean so long and Christopher is not available? I juz receive his sms that he is doing full time next year...erm..nonetheless..i can help u look out. Can try wedding favourite's videography quite good too...

trina_wys

Gin,

Qian Xi does have vegetarian and muslim food as well. i asked the boss about it alreay coz i too have quite a number of them around.. somemore i want it to be individual portions and they can do that for me..
happy.gif

Who is Christopher?? is he TWP videographer?? I have not called anyone yet coz am looking at the cost.. need someone good yet affordable.. haizz..
sad.gif

eiggam

yep they do cater for muslim and vegetarian leh/ i think $30++ per person and they serve individually also. my bro-in-law also strict vegetarian and he will be sitting at the VIP table and he will be served his own vegetarian food lo. Dun worry..
happy.gif

gin

Hi Petrina,
Email me at [email protected] I recommend you my videographer...currently he is very affordable..but according to him, he is adjusting the rates..but no harm finding him...hjeehehe..

Hi maggie and pet,
Err...strict vegetarian and muslim can search individual portions..but my friend also dunoe will she come or not...cos she super strict...she even utensils also dun dare to share wan....sigh...i tink for her case i juz gif her a treat outside...Will check with Susanna soon...BTW will u ladies placing those muslim and vegetarian all in a table or place them with friends but pay additional 1 portion's price? Isnt tat not worth it?

trina_wys

Hi Gin,

have emailed you liao..
happy.gif

I have about 5-8 friends and 4 relatives who are muslim.. but i dun wanna put them together in one table coz i think that they will want to see with their group of friends.. as for my relatives.. i'll see who else is willing to sit in a muslim table and i'll have one full table for muslim and 5-8 individual portions for my friends..

as for vegetarians.. i'm not sure how many there are coz its my hubby's side..

gin

Hi Petrina,
Replied u already..hehehe...

Erm....kinda not worth it..cos till now, still tinking abt it...sigh...muslim how much are u charged per head ah?

eiggam

Hi girls!

Gin: If i'm not wrong, suzanna mentioned that it was $38 per head but my memory not very good so dun count on me for that. check with suzanna. for me, i will not sit the muslims in one table cos (1) not enough muslims to fit in a table and (2) they dunno each other so very awkard. why not ask ur frens how they wan it to be arranged esp. ur strict vegetarian fren. if she's so adament abt it, u can treat her after that, i'm sure she will understand.
happy.gif

Petrina: i thot the k*h heng one is at farrer? cos i rem i went to check it out several times to see farrer is like during a wedding before i decided on farrer. btw, u know K*h heng is gin's photographer? u can see gin's mei mei photos there! :D

trina_wys

Hi Gin,

Yes i have received your mail.. thanks.. i'll give him a call to arrange for an appointment.
happy.gif

I haven't asked about the pricing about the vegetarian and muslim pax yet.. will do so in my next meeting with them..
happy.gif

trina_wys

Hi Maggie!

K*h Heng is really Gin's photographer?? so concidental!

I'm very sure that the one i saw is at paya lebar.. coz i've been there myself and the photo also says paya lebar.. y dun u go take a look at them??
happy.gif

gin

Hi Maggie,
This is y I wish to seperate invite her...erm...I guess I do that..hehhee..
happy.gif
BTW Petrina's right..the pic is featuring Paya Lebar QXL..cos I view them myself.
happy.gif
You seen my pics b4 rite? Hahahaa..not mei la! :p

Hi Petrina,
Your photographer also KH? :p He is my AD photographer too..hehehe....

trina_wys

Hi Gin,

I'm still sourcing around for AD video and photographer.. haven't decided on any yet.. but so far all those that i like very much are all so expensive.. *sob sob.. thats why must look for a more affordable alternative..
sad.gif

eiggam

Hi girls!

yah i realised i was tokking about the wrong one.. ooopsshh.. there's another one at his gallery that featured this couple who held their wedding at qianxi farrer park. btw, in, u can consider doing what the PL couple did, put up a big big poster so ppl will not go to wrong one.

i'm also looking for AD photographer. for videographer maybe ask my fren to take a bit can already. I'm actually eyeing big day studios, come with free website for a yr and free express highlights for only $980. also it's on digital so (if i;m not wrong) all prints are returned. i was supposed to meet up with the photographer but i very bz and my hubby v lazy so maybe not as yet. but i wish to confirm him in june. petrina, u got check big day studios out? it seems not bad leh..

gin

Hi Petrina,
Erm...i guess its also impt tat u and the photo or videographer muz have the kind of 'chemistry' and also able to communicate lor...good luck. Im lucky...both KH and Christopher's package is within my budget and definitely below market rate! :D

Hi Maggie,
Ya...he took at Farrer park and PL...:p I did ask did the couple encounter 2 weddings but his time dun have...sigh. better confirm earlier if ur AD is popular...

BTW do u ladies felt that if our AD is at a restaurant..somemore paya lebar, will u scare ur bosses wont come?
sad.gif
I do..and scare leh...

trina_wys

Hi Gin,

thanks for christopher's contact.. i will call him sometime in june coz now also quite busy till end june.. haizz..

I got ask my bosses whether that if i hold my wedding dinner at a restaurant.. would he come to the dinner.. he said 'of course!' and i was very happy!! maybe its because both of them are very young.. one 31 and the other 30 years only.. so maybe they are not so fussy..
happy.gif

Hi Maggi,

I have not seen big day photos yet.. will take a look on monday at work when i have more time to look-see-look-see.. u mean to say that their package includes a free one year website and 300 digital photos?? and its $980?? sounds pretty good..
happy.gif

gin

Hi Pet and Maggie,
Juz booked my food tasting tis 5th june. Celebrating Father's day at the same time...hope that I can get my invites at the same time.
happy.gif
Have u ladies go for food tasting already?
Erm...I scare cos gif u face, u ask, they say ok..then if they din turn up last min..we also cant say anything right? Anyway I still got to invite all the dept head...tis is y my company table I got at least 7....scary rite? :S

eiggam

Hi!

Gin: I think you dun worry too much at this point (hahah.. i seem to keep telling u this). i think most people will give face and go if the are close to you and those who intend not to go will tell (at least that's what i think). I can't offer any advice yet as i'm not working so none of this to worry about (yet) and anyway, my wedding next year so who knows?
anyway, just to share something.. i was talking to my ex-colleagues (from my internship) about my wedding and when i mentioned that i will hold it at a restaurant and that i was kinda worried that ppl wun come, they said they will definately come as i'm a good fren of theirs and they wanna share my happiness. this is in constrast with another wedding that happened at around the time that i met them which was held in sentosa and all, and only one colleague turned up. i think it depends on ur "ren yuan" at work ba..
I was kinda worried in the first place, esp. most of the frens i know are those.. ermm.. let's just say "opinion makers".. and i was worried that they looked down on me for having it at a restaurant but after some consultation with some of them, they were quite supportive and some even suggested (before i did) to hold it at a restuarant. feedback on having wedding at a restaurant were:
(1) cheaper (they dun need to give so much ang bao, $60 can liao instead or $80+)
(2) better food and faster service
so just relax, if they dun turn up, i'm sure it helps u to know them better and if so, they should not have the honor to be there. just do rsvp religiously and bug them.

Petrina: arghh!!! i very very heart pain... the $980 package with all the good stuffs inside are promo for a limited period and now he increased the price!!! arghh!!! i was nagging and nagging my hubby to place deposit, he drag and drag and now, the packge 1.2K+.. heeart pain heart pain..

gin

Hi Maggie,
True...hope everyone is sincere.
happy.gif

I also very scare..Thanks for the feedback..im sure my close friends would not bao so little wan...but relatives..anyway dun tink so much liaoz also...I hope u will be optismistic too...i will try to be one! :p

trina_wys

Hi Maggi,

Dun worry about the photography.. there are a lot of others around... except that its a bit costly to get it with the items in the package..

My hubby very particular about money matters and i really wanted John from Chris Ling but he cost $1380 for 300 pictures..
sad.gif

so sad.. cannot have my dream photographer..

eiggam

Hi Elaine!

Yep! Bliss garden is under qianxi. if i'm not wrong, it should offer the same perks as qianxi like free flow beer, stout and hard liquor. you'll also get to use their built-in projector and screen and for bliss garden, you'll get a gigantic screen!
happy.gif
but no hotel stay and free food tasting but it's 50% off.

trina_wys

Hi Elaine,

you might want to visit the Bliss Garden thread to find out more about the place too..

there are a few photos and stuff on the perks too..

they have 5 built in projectors for both their ballrooms combined.. if you take the bigger ballroom B.. then there are 3 projector screens.. i went there to place my deposit and the boss lowers all 3 projector screens and played MTV for hubby and i to take a look.. its very big screens..
happy.gif

gin

Hi Elaine,
The most attractive is free flow beer and hard liquor and nett menu prices....save alot sia! :p

prettyangel

hi maggie and petrina, so happy to see u gals here. I have read maggie's review on qian xi farrer park. Can see the restaurant from mrt? I never been to there so i dun know. You gals find which 1 is better, paya lebar or farrer park? hopefully farrer park can take in 18 tables as well.
happy.gif

hi gin, please share with me your experience after your AD. Thanks in advance..
happy.gif

eiggam

HI angel!

good to see u here! how's venue-hunting?
happy.gif
i'd been to the smaller ballroom in farrer for dinner (NOT a wedding dinner, jus a simple dinner) and i thot it's very nice and cozy. my hubby likes the deco as they have white cloth formed wave-like at the ceiling and the walls are decorated with roses (sorry if my description sounds weird, dunno how to put it). the small ballroom is pillarless also but the stage a bit small, at a corner. and yap, u can see the restaurant from the mrt, if u come out from the correct exit. if i'm not wrong, it's exit B. the first time i went there, the couple having the wedding that nite actually has very little tables (i think around 20) but becos the bigger ballroom wasn't in use that day, the boss allowed the couple to use the bigger ballroom so it's more spacious. that's another good thing about qianxi - it's very flexible. another thing is if there happens to have 2 weddings that nite, the restaurant has 2 entrances so the guests will not get mixed up, hopefully.

in terms of which is better, it depends cos as u can see, we have brides from the different branches.
happy.gif
i like farrer park becos it's a square, pillarless ballroom but then, paya lebar is bigger and has a higher ceiling (which they now have chandeliers) *jealous* i also prefer farrer park cos it's more central as i have relatives all over singapore - from pasir ris to boon lay to cck and yishun.

maybe u may wanna go down to take a look at the venue first before deciding ba. u shortlisted any other places? been to see the banquet room at grassroots club?

trina_wys

Angel,

nice to see u here too!!

personally.. i prefer paya lebar coz the restaurant looks very grand with its high ceilings and chandeliers.. but i've been to farrer park to take a look too and found it also rather nice.. though ceiling is not that high.. its pillarless and squarish.. meaning to say that everyone can see clearly whats happening on stage..
happy.gif

wah.. over here got brides from all 3 branchs of qianxi.. hehe..
happy.gif

Gin - Paya Lebar
Maggie - Farrer Park
Petrina - Expo

happy.gif

prettyangel

hi maggie, thanks for the detailed description. so far i have been to qian xi paya lebar, cheng du, charming garden, dragon city sichuan restaurant, orchard hotel-(free admission so i go) and jade restaurant. Now waiting for my FH to bring me see grassroots club, qian xi-farrer park and furama riverfront-there is a wedding show this sunday. i havent shortlisted any place yet.. still looking around. But quite prefer qian xi cos got free flow of beer..
happy.gif

hi petrina, indeed all 3 of u selected 3 different branches. Now waiting for 1 more branch-marina. Then will complete.
happy.gif
too bad i cant consider expo cos min 20 tables.. I jus asked suzanna..

hi gin, must be counting down to your AD. Feeling very excited? so envy you.. mine next year.. still at planning stage. Havent started on anything except book my BS.. so eagerly waiting for my rom..
happy.gif

gin

Hi Angel,
Counting down..ya..quick quick finished then good sia! :p Slowly....but book ur venue soon in case kanna book....
Congrats on ur upcoming ROM! :D ehehe...

trina_wys

Hi everyone,

gin..

haha u so cute.. i was talking about if i had to decide between paya lebar and farrer mah.. hehe ..
happy.gif

angel,

the marina one closed down liao.. coz they cannot negiotiate for better rent thats why.. how come suzzana say that u cannot book the expo one? they told me that the expo can accommodate between 20 - 90 tables coz they have flexible partitions.. hmm.. weird.. maybe u can ask her again?? if you take 20 tables.. then you'll be taking ballroom A.. the smaller one..

maggie..

when is your AD again?? so sorry i got hippo memory.. maybe we can do up a table here for all the qianxi brides.. that will be quite interesting.. then confirm can remember everyones details already.. hehe
happy.gif

trina_wys

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>AD</TD><TD>BS</TD><TD>Qian Xi Branch</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Petrina</TD><TD>25 Nov 2006</TD><TD>Silver Cloak Couture</TD><TD>Expo</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gin</TD><TD>25 Sept 2005</TD><TD>Jess Haute Couture</TD><TD>Paya Lebar</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Maggie</TD><TD>May 2006</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Farrer Park</td></tr></table>

guys.. i hope this info is correct.. maggie, can give me your AD and BS??

trina_wys

guys,

i apologise for doing it so many times.. i thought it was easy.. but its not.. so trial and error..
sad.gif

once maggie gives me her info. i will do it up according to the date.. tired of doing the table..
happy.gif

anyone else having banquet in qian xi??

prettyangel

hi maggie, now then i know marina 1 closing down.. me so outdated.. hee

thanks gin, i hope to find my dream place soon and dun need to think about it..
happy.gif
all these planning makes me so busy but very excited and happy.

hi petrina, suzanna called me the other day to confirm my date and i asked her but she said min 20 tables for expo.. cos she know i only got 18 tables.. its okie lah.. i still can consider paya lebar and farrer park.
happy.gif

gin

Hi petrina,
WOW..mine is not 25 sept..rather 11th sept! :p The rest is correct..wat else u wan me to add? :p My ht/wt? Hahaha...

eiggam

Hi petrina!

wow! great job! well done! okie, my AD will be on May 7th 2006. I dun really have a BS cos i'm doing my ad stuffs DIY but i'll be having my PS with Printemps in JB. I dunno how u wanna put it.

i suggest we should have the AD photographer, and all and maybe lovenest? once again, petrina, really thank u for being so enthu on doing up the table!! it's great! :D