Peony Jade Resturant

simplyserene

Their reds and whites are pretty good. We took theirs although we had our own wine contacts.

My photographer just passed me the photos. Gonna plow thru them before uploading. I had a brief look and the pics @ the restaurant are great. Gorgeous backdrop
happy.gif

kachina

ic.. ok i jus received it
happy.gif

Did anyone of you have your solemnisation before the dinner? Was it done at the Quayside Seafood or inside the restaurant?

lsntyl

spoiltbabe>wah, you booked PJ really well in advance. I'm same as you. Having solemnisation on stage, b4 wedding lunch.
happy.gif

lsntyl

ya, went there last week to discuss some matters with Pam and she said both slots on your day are booked. Your table arrangement how? Or managed to reduce the tables so no one needs to sit at the corridor?
happy.gif

BTW, PJ's mooncakes are not bad. The yam is not too sweet.
happy.gif

kachina

hi tatana, i saw that my wedding favour rebate is $0.50 leh... did you bargain for it? keke also thinking of outsourcing my wedding favours
happy.gif

kachina

thanks s'rene...hmm wonder if it's a lower rebate since i signed on the package this year... has anyone who sign up this year receive their contract?

Oh ya btw, PJ is having their ala carte buffet promo for Aug http://www.peonyjade.com/Promotions-3,1.html

Have booked a table for parents and FIL to try out the food since we have not eaten there before cos it's still a long way to our food tasting for my AD next yr!

So for those who have not try out PJ's food, its a gd mth!

simplyserene

yea... I'm going there again this Friday. My turn to really dig into the food since I didn't have much of a chance during the wedding dinner
happy.gif

pinky_pinkiss

Dear All,

Is anyone here held the wedding lunch at PJ before? I've my Solemnisation and the wedding lunch at the same day at PJ.My actual day will be at Malaysia on Dec'08. I've invite abt 8-9tbls guest,all are our friends n collegue.At first i've book for e wedding package dish but now i was thinking change to ROM lunch package due to some prob, when i checked with Pamela, she told me that no problem, but something wil be diff if i take for ROM lunch package, eg.table setting, it will be diff etc. May i know how the ROM lunch table setting? Anyone can advise me abt this? How e arrangement for the wedding lunch?

Thanks in advance..

suying

Hi.. could anyone here advise hw much is the minimun sum for deposit? I'm interested in PJ but due to buget stil consider between PJ or Buffet?.. ;( As we are paying everything by ourself some more we gt no saving yet? Need Advice... b4 planning

Thks

xta

Su..

Best is ASAP once u decided on your AD. I booked 17 months in advance.. for Dec 09, quite alot of bookings already...

simplyserene

Hi Su... We booked almost a year in advance. It's a very popular venue, so like what Christa said... best to book it asap
happy.gif

Su... you may like to note also that unlike some hotels that team up with the banks to offer interest-free instalments... PJ does not. You'll have to pay off the entire banquet amt at the end of the event.

suying

hihi... thanks for advise. thought of booking for feb or jan'09. think is too late... hai... dunno hw to plan at all.

cheers.

lsntyl

Hi Su, best to book asap esp if your date is popular. Have you more or less confirmed your number of tables and your date? If so, can make an appointment with one of the managers to have a view the place and discuss the packge. Deposit for the normal wedding package is 1K and for the ROM package is $500. Don't forget on top of the package, you will probably need to top up for alcohol.

ene

Yes, if you want to book PJ, please do it early. Our wedding is on 22 May 09 and already, a lot of the weekends are fully booked for next year!! Sheesh!!
happy.gif

summer82

Hi Khim,jux to check with you when ur AD..and u manage to ask for food tasting to 8 pax..Hmm mine only 6..i nt yet given them the draft contract yet..Hmm shd try to ask Pam again b4 signing

ene

I tried to ask for more people for food tasting but Pam said its extra charge per head of about $30++ (if I don't remember wrongly).

summer82

ya..pam told mi was extra per pax is $30++..Hmm still think of askin her to increase two more..And the food tasting dint include first dish if im nt wrong..and i tink dessert.

eva4stars

Hi summer, Rosie is the one who attended to me. On the first meet up, she already okayed me for 8 pax. I guess it depends on the co-ordinator ba.

lsntyl

Yep, that's right. If you are interested in the yam mooncakes, Pam's advice is to buy from the restuarant. cos is confirmed freshly made.

suying

Hi all,

thks for yr reply. but i have not confirm my table n date yet. dat's y dunno where to start. so confusing. i heard a lot of comments that PJ food is thumbs up n the place is nice. dat's y i'm so interested.

summer82

Su..I aso book my date a yr in advance coz its too popular and i went down to have a look and i find it private as compare to those restaurant outside which need to share different room wif others..PJ dun its all urs on ur wedding date.
First u need to know how many tables u need..so u can hv a look out of the amount as u had no saving yet..
Second package pricein and perks is important too.
U can go down to have a look b4 confirm..n u still hv a lot of things to look into as for bridal studio all that.. that time it took mi mths to settle all out~
^^

suying

hi summer,

thkq for yr advice. some time really thinks that having dinner is so troublesome. haha... but once a lifetime things is true. my worry is only no saving so difficult to plan as everything need deposit. hai.... hw i wish i can get it done faster n dun have think so much. any bridal shop to recommend with resonable package?

summer82

Su~im with whitelink their package min is 2988..u can either pay all by cash or credit card as its interest free and every mth u jux pay the instalment to the bank~at first i was like u sp troublesome to hv a weddin but its once in a life time..sometime ppl start off planin first den start to save if ur AD is nt veri fast u can start savin now unless its near den nth can be done..nwadaes ppl pay for their own thing insted of usin parents money..U dont hv to worry much start to plan n save i believe thers still time~

charis_tan

Hi all,

I read the previous posts and saw that there is a contract which PJ will give after paying deposit. I paid my deposit in March this year and after that no news from them at all! I think I better make a trip down to see them..
sad.gif

xta

Mine was in July, and also never receive any contract. But my AD is still very far away.

I think you can give them a call first to ask them to prepare the contract before making a trip. When's ur AD?

lsntyl

maybe you 2 gals want to email Pauline, the boss of PJ? They had actually prepared and emailed my contract a few days after I booked. But it was sent to the wrong email and they never call to check also. Had to chase a few times before she emailed it to me correctly. No point calling the restaurant as the contract is handled separately at the office.