Peony Jade Resturant

midas

hi pandaseah, thanks for the compliments.

hi dazzle81, u got mail
happy.gif

kjn

Hi all

I had my ROM ceremony cum lunch in PEony jade on 5th Nov. I had 9 tables and i gotto choose the area near the satge. Really satisfy.. Their service is good, food is nice, i had many good comments from my guests. Would like to recommend this resturant to all of u..
happy.gif

mandychen

Hi Web, Would advise for you to call them first & check .. because they will check the date you want for ROM available or not before attend to you further ..

kjn

hi web,
yea.. there will still allow walk in customer.
I had 9 tables so its js nice that they can cover up with a organza curtain and all my guests are "enclosed" in one area.

midas

hi faifai, i resend u the link liao..pls check ur email.

hi web, kjn is rite...they'll still allow walk-in customers if u din book min. 18 tables. but if u hv about 6-10tables, they can put ur tables around the stage area n draw up a curtain to separate u from the outsiders...so its still more or less private. my AD is on a weekday afternoon, there's not many public dinners in the restaurant during office hrs so it felt like i had the whole restaurant to myself
happy.gif

let me know if u like to see my pix.

yu83

hi all, i will be booking my dinner with poeny jade most prob next year as my AD 2008 not ready for booking yet. aniway just ask you all about the bum boat thingy,anyone has any idea or have use it before?it can be arranged by peony jade.

yukikodawasan

Hi Yu83,

I enquired from PJ before. That can be arranged by them but you need to pay for it. The last time I heard from them this year was $180 for a trip,ie the bride and groom just ride across the river by the boat to PJ. Hmm as for details, you can check with PJ contact person or their solemnisation package. It's in the package with additional costs.

Hope this helps.

sunbubble

May I know what kind of beer does PJ usually served?

When is the latest time to return the contract to them?

My friend's friend picked to arrive by the boat and it was pretty decorated by PJ. Ride was about 5 mins but the deco will take about 20mins by PJ. Therefore to think 5 mins costs $180 but will leave fond memories.

Renting of projector will cost $150, fyi if you like to know too. :)

To previous brides of PJ, may I know what kinds of red wine does PJ accept? I was told not all brands/types of wine will be accepted by PJ hence I am curious to know in details. Emailed to PJ but they havent replied me for ages.

Thanks heaps. :)

dazzle81

Hi midas..
Thanks for the lovely pic..very blissful !!

Hi yu83..
I'm also thinking of having my AD 2008...but haven picked a date yet..when will ur AD be? Have you picked a date? Do you know when they will open for booking?

yu83

Hi OinkOink and SB, thks for answering my enquiries. ha $180 for a 5min ride is indeed not cheap.

Hi Dazzle81, that time me and my bf visited the restaurant, the manager kenny tell me January next yr can booked already. I think i will be in the mth of march but date not confirmed=).

vonn

Hi SB,

Jus had my dinner last sunday. Was told by PJ that they dnt accept any wines. Was told to leave a note on table alternative emcee must announce to guests..

yu83

wow y different quotes for the renting of projector?i haven ask them abt the rental fee yet,i thot is free.

web510

hi midas, thanks received it alr...it's very nice.
happy.gif

is that the light brown curtain u were saying that blocks the other side?

wat time is your lunch?

midas

hi web,

the curtain is maroon color...hehehe. i like the fact tat its translucent, got a romantic n classy feel
happy.gif

my lunch started at around 12-12.15pm, i had solemnisation n tea ceremony b4 tat(11.30-12pm)..so all relatives came on time
happy.gif

web510

hi midas oic thanks, btw did u get any fengshui master to choose your AD?

If yes can let me know who did u go and find?
happy.gif

sunbubble

It was Pauline who wrote $150 as the price for prjector rental fees.

From what I have gathered, so it's advised to use their choice of wine selection? Kindly advise. Thanks.

lovelytulips

thanks SB, will check it out with her then. guess the best is to get ourselves if possible.

per the agreement, they did say that they will want to know the names of the wines before they 'approve' you to bring them in cos they are afraid of people bringing in not so good wines (will probably lower their standards). ask for the names of the wines they use and do a check on it. if you are comfrortable, then can use theirs, alot less hassle.

alone

Hi! I am also holding my dinner at PJ next yr. So far only paid deposit, haven sign contract yet. Normally how long will they ask us to go and sign? I also see from contract the rental is $150/-, initially i also thought is FREE. SIgnz! Anyone here had it free?

dolphinseah

hi any ex PJ brides who had only 18 tables?
how do u arrange the tables seating?
who to place in front etc..
can share?
also how was the make up room?
is it spacious?how many ppl can squeeze into that room?
was photo taking with each table taking lot of time?
thanks..

lunabride

Hi Moon, normally Pauline won't hurry u to send the contract back to them (at least not mine). In fact I had it like 3-4 months b4 I called her again for some discussion before we send the hard copy down. Look thru ur contract first b4 u sign cos after sign cannot bargain anymore.
The projector is not free, mine also $150. Unless u got lobang.

Hi Panda, i also going to have abt 18 tables. If u have the table arrangement, can send me a copy pls. But wat I know is that they can have two 12-seats VIP table infront. and the rest are two by two along the aisle. It was spacious thought when I went there last time.
One thing I learned my coordinator is that if u have more tables, by the time the guests stand up to welcome u and ur hb, the chairs will be sightly blocking the aisle/ carpet. So u might not be walking together side by side with ur hb.

The makeup ur was spacious. How many pp u intend to squeeze in? as guests? they have a floor length mirror there too. Not too sure abt teh photo taking time, can be long and short. Provided ur hb have good brothers, they have to coordinate which table to go first and arrange the pp to sit together before ur two come. Time is est. 10-15 Sec to take only for abt 2 shots. But if u want to wait for the guest to sit together, then longer. 18 tables not that many, should have plenty of times.

BTW to all PJ brides, I also learned from my wedding planner that the projector from PJ is not fix on the ceiling, it's mobile. So they have to move it and arrange to show the guests (montage) before ur come in and quickly remove it away before ur march in. Can be abit "ruan" cos of the cabling.

lovelytulips

hi moon, i'm also a sep 07 BTB, when's your exact date?

lunabride is correct. the screen is a mobile screen. can be pretty small, so try not to squueze too many people at the end....

esgril

i'm thinking of booking peony jade.. but would be a weekday..

I'm not sure.. if people will attend if it's a weekday banquet..

lovelytulips

hi esgirl, if it's a weekday dinner, there will still be people attending, but expect some people who will not turn up, especially friends or colleagues. my guess will be to do rsvp early.

alone

Oh, Lunabride, that's the date i wanted initally. Hee, so got booked by u first. So I booked 28 (FRI) instead. coz i rem tt time other auspicious weekend date for me out except this. =) But u signed contract liao ah. that's fast! Hi, Lovelytulips, when's ur AD? Saw ur name in MBR's thread. I am also MBR, but haven participate in tt thread yet. =)

lovelytulips

hi moon, mine is on 16 sep 07. i'm doing a lunch. luckily didn't want a dinner otherwise will be disappointed as that day's dinner is already booked! you got your contract??

since ours around the same time, guess we'll bump into each other at MBR? hahha

kieran

Hello All,

This thread is moving really quickly after only 2 weeks of not checking... Are you all sure about the wine thingy? If there is such a restriction on types to bring, then they should have mentioned it. Think it is a little crappy for such a clause to be in place.

paunic

Hi hi PJ brides!

Finally paid my deposit today and book my AD 1st Dec 2007!

Love the place but was contemplating coz of the capacity restrictions, coz I got about 255 guests in mind, but can't find any similar place like this so jux go with it!

Ask the restaurant supervisor Leon today (as Pamela and Pauline are not around), about the wine restrictions, he say no such thing leh. Guess he is not very sure too.

Saw the in-house wine which is a Chille red wine, which they are charging at $20 per bottle. And the cockage is $15 per bottle, 50% of total, so would be $7.50 per bottle.

vonn

Hi shups,

Inititally they ask me to put a note or announce over the stage that the wine is provide by the couples itself, but came tat day, i think the PJ MC din announce too.
They are actually protecting their reputation incase couples bring in a lower grade wine and guest might be mistaken that wine is provided by PJ.
And for outside wines, the cockage is waive for me and i think its across the board.
For yr headcounts, there ought to be some cant turn up wan, yr headcounts have to minus by some % so i think end of the day, it might work out jus nice for u.

paunic

hi vonn

thanks for sharing that ur cockage for outside wines are waived... it was stated in their pamplet... but since there are history of urs being waived, maybe I could negotiate for it too.

lunabride

Hi Moon,

Thought i got ur date but not actually, hee hee.

Hi Shups,
wow u got 255 guests. Initially i have about 220 too but thinking I don't want my guests to sit in the room and outside the lift, so I will limit to 180 only. But u will "earn" cos I think PJ will not charge 255 pp exact, think they go by table. Two VIP tables can site 12 pp but they only charge two tables, not three tables.

Any June PJ bride?

vonn

Hi Luna, u mean they are charging u corkage? U got intention to order wines outside PJ?
Base on 255 guests, they will charge ard 23 tables and you will still earn the $ from 2 tables.
There is a limited of heads free...

kieran

Hi gang... i don't think corkage is charged at all.. Think it's written in the pink slips on the perks... Just need to make sure that PJ don't say stupid things like this wine too cheap cannot serve stuff...

I placed my deposit about a month ago and so far have not heard of anything at all from the restaurant... really slow.. wonder why....?? A little unacceptable for being so slow to get back on the contract...

Mine is a sunday lunch too.. guess it's something different for most of my guests and relatives...

How are your preps going?

lunabride

Hi vonn, u can check on ur contract and should say something like how many guests will charge how many tables. I remember seeing that line. Based on ur last msg, it is written in that way.

I will order Wine from them cos save the effort of getting wine outside. Wat abt u? Have u try theirs?

lovelytulips

hi...

corkage charge is waive. it's also stated so in the contract. i have the clause that said that if i intend to bring own wine, need to let them know the name. as what pamela says and what some forumers here say, they are afraid that we will bring in cheap wine and lower the standards of the restaurant.

may also get the wine from them cos it's not so inconvenient and it's pretty reasonably priced. if anyone has tried their wine, please share with us.

hi kieran, i also booked abt 1 mth ago and has got my contract. understand that pauline will draft the contract depending on who booked first and whose dinner is earlier... maybe u wana give them a call?

sunbubble

So we dont have to reply Pauline on the contract early yah?

I am still contemplating on bringing own wine in cos as far as I know I could choose red wine of equal quality to those served by PJ but at lower price. However, saw from one of the previous thread that they might reject the wine brought in (regardless of informing them the brand/type of wine to bring in b4 the bqn starts).