Peony Jade Resturant

lovelytulips

midas, the feeling must be great huh.... oot your honeymoon is *thumbsup*. if only i could be like u guys....

kieran, do you mind sharing what you be negotiating for when you sign your package? intending to use them as well. thanks.

midas

hi lovelytulips,

ya...very excited hehehe. see other pples pics for so long finally can see myself on the homepage
happy.gif

kieran

the lunch and dinner for 7th & 8th july have already been booked.. saw the list when i was making my booking.. i think they are paying a slightly higher price for that day...

commented that the carpet in front of the lift on the 2nd floor looks really dirty and worn out.. wonder if the restaurant did ever feel the same thing or just close an eye on it.. cos i feel that it is a rather prominent thing in the lobby and it does leaves a bad impression...

sunbubble

Kieran, perhaps you could feedback to PJ regarding the dirty red carpet. It din really catch my attention when I walked in for viewing. Like you said, if they dont do anything to the carpet soon, it does leave a poor impression on your wedding day no matter how good it is for PJ's ambience or service.

kieran

Yup.. feed back to them about it already... actually when i was there in the morning, there were a few contractors touching up on the wooden panelings around the stairways... good to see them putting an effort to maintain the place but hopefully, it's not a once in a blue moon thingy... I think the restaurant has been around for sometime already.. and if they don't take care of their display items inside, then it won't be that good for them in the long run.. nonetheless, it's still a nice cosy place for 20 tables or so..

midas

hi kieran,

i think tis restaurant is quite new...if i'm not wrong, its juz about 2yrs old only. unless ur 'has been around for sometime' is calculated in months :p

candyprincess

hi wld like to enquire.. i wana hold my dinner at PJ on a saturday... hw much wld the table costs? can anyhow share with me their menus for saturdays plsss short of askin me to call and ask for myself ba... and also ive checked the webs but no mention of the menu itself only rough guide on the prices... anything more comprehensive from the brides to be holding their wedding soon or have held it there? cn share with me pls??

[email protected]

thanksthanksthanks

paunic

Hi all

Saw the pictures of PJ and really like the place...

anyone that been there... is the restaurant really with windows that have a view of the river?

can anyone email me the wedding packages..

thanks a lot

[email protected]

midas

hi shups,

i hv pix of my ROM+wedding lunch event to share but no pkg details coz mine is ROM pkg. do u still want to view my pix?

paunic

hi midas

yes pls.. wld like to see pics...

may i ask u, is the restaurant very small... coz im planning 25 tables.. worry that it wld be very cramp in the end..

thanks..

midas

hi shups,

u got mail...

the restaurant is not very big...and i think it can accomodate about 22 tables comfortably, heard from some BTB certain tables can sit 12pax. it is still best to call them and check it out
happy.gif

sunbubble

Yes shups, the tables can sit 10-12pax/table. They will use a bigger table for 12pax. From the floorplan I received, think only allowed up to 8 tables for 12pax.

I have booked them for my banquet for next year and think will spend some times to figure out how to arrange my guests to sit at their tables.

sinead

Just had my wedding dinner at PJ on Sat, overall experience was great, cept for some hiccups.

The restaurant can accomodate 22 tables and total of 250 guest. Small and cosy place with modern Cantonese cusine (nice food).

Makeup room is spacious as well.

paunic

Hi midas

thanks for ur pics... ur WG is gorgerous and really suit you!!

jux wondering if PJ wld have any slots available for end of 2007... wld call and check with them...

thanks SB and sinead for your info as well!

missypiggy

Hi midas,

received with thanks.

btw do u know wat the max no of table can the place hold? as i have about 40 tables... enough space anot? do u have the package to share with me?

esgril

Hi Midas

Can share with me your pixs?

I'm thinking of holding at PJR but worried.. whether should take weekend or weekday.. OR should i hold in hotel..

When i told my relatives, i might hold it in Peony Jade.. the first reaction they gave was.... "Restaurant, eeeee, why not hotel?" they asked....

really headache.

midas

hi esgirl,

wats ur email addy?

actually PJ's decor is very chic n stylish...unlike those cheena restaurants tat uses serviettes as napkins..maybe u shld show them some pix of the restaurant first. the tables setup for wedding is actually a lot more impressive than lower end hotel ballrooms
happy.gif

http://www.singaporebrides.com/venue/peony_jade/index.htm

mine is a ROM + Wedding lunch event...but the basic decor(included in ROM pkg) already exceeded my expectations
happy.gif

paunic

yes midas, totally agree with you... the deco is nice, modern yet with a touch of traditional chinese.

when i told my friends that i am picking a restaurant, their reaction is also, " why not a hotel?"

but when they see the pictures, they were impressed.

it is cosy and with windows, like that u dun feel so constrained like in a windowless room.

the capacity is 250 but if possible not to take the last table of 12 seating, coz it is located rather far from the stage, kind of in a VIP room, thou the door can be opened, but still a bit "extra".

esgril

Hi Midas

Thanks a lot. Got your mail.

I really love your pixs. I mean.. everything was done so tastefully.. Your gowns, bridal pics, etc.. Good job
happy.gif

dolphinseah

hi any ex PJ brides?
can give advise pls?
did anyone use the MC there?
if no MC is it weird?
table arrangement?how to arrange please?
thanks..
me AD is coming soon & i have problem with my guest list.. it's on 24/12

hung

Joey,
i was a PJ bride in July 06. Both of us wants a cosy wedding n PJ did a great job. u can get the manager there to do for ya.. but most prob in Mandarin only. anyway they did a great job.
for the table arrangement, wat i did was, i calculate which side has more guest, ur side or ur Hubby? then place the side who has more at the right side of the resturant. i divided the resturant into 3 parts. First relatives closer to stage, then friends, last, colleagues to the VIP room. for the seating for the table, first i put them into maximum seater first,11-12 pax per table. of got extra table i slowly move them evenly.
Most important.. do your numbering clearly! hope this helps.
if u need help can email me [email protected]

midas

hi ladies,

in case u din realised...i hv a few pix in my 'outdoor PS' album tat is taken in PJ. can see different angles of the restuarant too
happy.gif