Part time maid

sun

Hi All,

I would like to check anyone using part time maid for their household cleaning? What are the things to look out when engaging one?

I am thinking of engaging part time maid for my new house. Before I go to the agency, I would like to know what are the things I should check with the agency?

bibi

I get my part-time maid from the agency too. But we have to sign a contract of 3 months with them. After this 3 months, I intend to have direct contact with the maid, so I will pay lesser.

S

sk

hi sun,

I have been using my part time maid for 1 yr plus. I pay her $50 for 4hrs works. she work pretty fast as she can finish things like: vaccum & mopping al hse, wash up 2 toliet, change my bedsheet, clean up all shelves & iron all my hubby & my cloths. Sometime she work more than 4hrs & never change extra but i'll give her abit more. She also very trustworthy so i pass her my key then I dun hv to be ard when she is here to do her works cos both of us always very busy with our jobs.

Dont go to agency cos maid will earn lesser which I think is not fair to the maid as they really work hard for their income just like mine.

beanie

Hi SK,

My email address should read as [email protected]

So blur of me to type it wrongly.
embarrassed.gif

S

sk

Hi everybody, so sorry for the late reply. Hv been busy for the last few days.

My part time maid is Linda, her handphone no. is 91073085. Just let her know that you are introduce by serene. But she may not able to handle too much cos she do have other households to work also. I think she stay ard Woodlands.

She must be wonder why so many people start calling her!! Hope my recommandation can earn her more income cos she really a very trustworthy lady...sometime I misplace my diamond ring/earing at home,next moment when she came for cleaning, all my lost will be place at my desk!! haha... she is my lost & found dept.!!

S

sk

hi p,

uhm...i think you are right, so sorry that i overlook this.

So to ALL THE GIRLS, kindly only call her when you really interested to use her service...if not I will get scolded by her...

Hope everybody who read this tread understand thanks for your co-operation!

L

laundry

Hi,

Does anyone have any contacts on part time help to do ironing once a week? I got an agency to do taht last week but the person never turned up to pick up the laundry, so got to look elsewhere?

Any recommendations? Thanks

R

rover

hi laundry, i do hv contact.

but a few questions before that

- ironing has to be done at ur place right?
- iron, ironing board provided?
- where's the area u're staying at?
- how much clothes per week? eg. 2 person's clothes?
- how much is ur budget?

monica

Hi all,

I'm posting on behalf of my auntie. She has been a part time maid for more then 20 years. She's mostly worked for expats and has a very good work record. Those interested can call her at the contact below.

Nancy Tang
HP : 90180736
Res : 63636305

Feel free to call her for quotation. Do feel free to Email me or call me if you can't get her. My contact is 90252778 and my email address is [email protected]

Thanks!

I

interested

hi monica,
by the way where does your aunt stay? I stay near bukit panjang plaza. wat are the charges like?
thks

soko

Hi,

just wondering if anyone has any contacts of part time maid in Sengkang area? Actually, come to think of it, any home maker in sengkang willing to cook 2 extra portions of dinner, something like the tingkat concept?

monica

Hi Interested,
My Aunt stay in Marsling. So Bukit Panjang would be great for her too. I'm not too sure of her charges. Would you like to call her and ask? She'll charge according to the chores you need her to do. And you can rest assure she's a very resposible, honest and sweet lady. Oh if you call her you tell her Hui Hui gave you her contact. She knows me as Hui Hui... : P

Hi Soko,
My neighbour is a fantabulous cook everyday walk pass her house smell her cooking will drool one. Why don't u ask your neighbour. U go around smell see which neighbour cook dinner smell more appetizing... Too bad my neighbour stay in Pasir Ris. Otherwise can ask her cook. Cos she does breakfast catering in the mornings on weekends. And her Nasi Lemak is simply OUT OF THE WORLD!!!

soko

hi, monica

actually my next door neighbour shld be a great cook, judging from the smell that wafts out during dinner time, but dun know how to broach the subject with her leh. And not sure how to go abt charging either. ya, maybe will take a walk ard my neighbourhood and start sniffing : )

L

laundry

hi rover,
Yes, there is just two of us....the agency was supposed to pick up the clothes, wash, iron and deliver but never turned up.

I have iron board and iron, so the person can come on Sat morning to iron.

My budget is about S$100 a month. Is that ok?

Thanks

R

rover

Hi laundry,

the arrangement is fine. but need to know where u stay.

$100 for 4 Saturdays is it ok?

if sat is not possible for certain week, any alternate timing?

L

laundry

Hi rover,

I stay at serangoon central..another timing will be sun evening...

Will it be ironing at my place? or just collect and send back?

serene

Hi Laundry,

You might also want to try a domestic cleaning agency. More organised.

Can check if the prices are ok and if they have insurance etc cos if anything happen to maids or your stuff, they can pay.

R

rover

hi laundry,

will be ironing at ur place. if $25 for 4 weeks is ok, then we can arrange.

2003bride

Hi,

My part time maid now is very good. She's even more particular with the cleanliness of my place than I am!! She's flexible and kind at heart. I often come home and find new stuff she has kindly bought/"donated" since she knows what I'm short of (and refuse to let me reimburse her).

Those interested can email me at [email protected] so I can pass u her contact no.

p.s. she's staying in the west

Y

yt

Hi all

I am not looking for part-time maid but urgently need a babysitter for my newborn. I am staying at Taman Jurong. Anyone has any good babysitter to recommend, pls email me at [email protected].

thanks for the help.

Rgds
YT

eustoma

do u mind if the babysitter is staying in town? if u're working in town, that'd be great. otherwise u might hv to find someone near ur area.

L

laundry

hi rover,

thanks. the agency called me again and wants to come this weekend..so i decided to give them a chance....i'll try them out again, if not, i'll take your offer.

S$100 per month sounds good? Are you ironing for me or do you have a contact?

Thanks again

R

rover

hi laundry, ok u try them out first.

it's shld be $100 per 4 weeks not per mth since there're some months with 5 weeks
happy.gif

i'll be ironing for u. myself is particular abt ironing. i've been ironing my own clothes since primary school. kind of not used to it when pple do it for me, always find it not perfect
happy.gif

hope

Hi interested...

have u gotten Monica's aunt? So how much is she charging you? And how many hrs do u require per week... cos i'm staying at Petir Road... and currently I've got a part time cleaner that comes once a week to clean my hse... she's quite good... quite thorough in cleaning..

Let me know if u are still sourcing...

Have a great week

hope

Hi 2003 bride

How much does your part time maid charges? 10 bucks per hr? You... U said she puts up in the west? which area?

is she a local?

Wow.. seems like u got yourself a great helper!

Hope to hear frm u soon!

I

interested

hi hope,
I syill have not contacted Elaine's aunt. Have been quite busy these few days...I just happen to find in one maid agency website that charges $10 per hour, minimum 3 hrs. Are the charges fair? How much is your maid charging...
Wah, U stay so close to me. Totoro also...
happy.gif

hope

Hi Interested

If i'm not wrong the maid agency u are looking at is one stop agency.. accredited by NTUC income.. rite.. So far I think that's very fair..

normal rates for hse cleaning is abt 10 bucks an hr... but one thing about this agency is that u hv to pay 88 bucks for registeration... rite...

I hv tried out two persons so far..

1st one is n auntie that charge me 25 dollars cos she stays at senjar only... she helps me vacumn, mop, wash toilet and wipe surfaces... she's very pro and fast.. so she finish everything within 1hr 45 mins... I find that I am overpaying her... cos all this job can be finished in 2 hrs...

Initially she agreed to take 20 only.. but then she give me her sad story.. so i paid her extra 5 bucks...

then i found out another lobang... so last wk end.. there was an indonesian maid who came.. did exactly the same thing.. but not as detailed as the 1st and she finished in 2hrs and 10 mins... but she charge me 20 only...

so I'm still looking around lor.. hehe... very the undecisive rite...

So.. y dun u called monica's auntie...

By the way... i didn't use the agency cos... I think 3 hrs are too long..

My hse only got me and hubby... and other than the tasks i mentioned above plus some ironing.. there's really nothing much to do.. so I feel... just the basic for 2 hrs.. are enough...

so what u tink?

Cheers!

I

interested

Hope,

Can engage indonesian maid meh? Thot these people not allowed to part time since they working here as maids? Thot they can only work for their employers only?

hope

Hi interested,

U r rite to say that we r not allowed to employ foreign maids... but many people are doing that... as long as their employer dun mind... cos u c some maids are given a day off each week whereas some maids choose not to take the day off and the employer pay them back instead....

If u know of any of your frens having a part time maid and staying near u... u can try to get their employer whether they can allow u to use their maid... anyway.. maids in singapore really earn very little only... So we are also doing them a favour... cos one hr ten bucks are alot to them... Indonesian maids normally get 260 bucks per month only...

totoro,
So u staying at BP too... which part? u just moved there?

Cheers

monica

My mum comes to help me once a week. So I very lucky. Actually my mum was saying that if you go thru the agency the maids get paid lest. It's better if you go direct. At least the maids earns what you pay and not a portion to agencies. My aunt told me that she's cleaning this house for a bachelor in river valley who pays her around 300+ can't remember leow to go over twice a week. She does some errands for him even. Sending his drycleaning stuff to the laundry and all. Some also require her to cook dinner. So really depends on your needs. Can always call for her quotes. No obligation one lah. What I like about her is that she does not just do within her jobscope. Once she got this really dirty house, it was near CNY so she decided to climb up to clean the ceiling as well unfortunately fell down and broke her arm. She has recovered. She didn't ask for compensation neither did the employer offered any. It was later said that the house was haunted and everyone in the family had broken their arm/leg falling down from that spot......eeerie... Anyway she has taken a year off and now coming back into work force that's why helping her find a few more jobs loh. So those interested can just call my Auntie Nancy lah. She is very friendly one.

hope

Hi Totoro...

I c.. so u've been staying there for many yrs.. which part r u residing? Just got married?

So u got your part time maid yet?

Interested,
So how... do u need me to recommend any hse cleaners? hv u called up elaine's aunt yet?

Cheers

mist1108

Anyone has any “lobang” for part-time domestic maid for my house. I need one that can come to my place once a week for 4-5 hrs. Tks!

S

sw

Hi mist1108

I've gotten my part time maid from this agency called the HandsOff inc who recommends housekeeper to me.. this agency so far charges the lowest one time recommendation rate ($50)in town.. and they are using local experience housewife that stays near your area to help clean your hse... they cater even if its just 2 hrs

so i merely engaged them for 2 hrs and each mth i only need to pay 80 hehehe cos one hour for the worker is $10.. this is the market rate... so cheap.. and no need to argue with hubby anymore.. hehe... where do u stay... do u want me to give u the company contact?