Part time maid

luv

Hi Can i ask whether you gals face any objection from in laws when u engaged these part time maids?

Did you all feel that they have indeed help you to relieve those household burdens?

check

Hi luv

I'm not sure why would your in laws even object.. U dun need to tell them abt it.. afterall, its your money!

Indeed having a helper does help me to feel less stressed esp in weekends.. without having to worry about rushing back home to finish household chores... Sometimes.. even can argue with husband abt this ... like when he wants to watch show or go out... I will nag and tell him.. the floor yet to mop yet all u want is to watch show...

Sigh.. what to do.. nowadays we woman are already so pampered at home by our mums so dun even mention the guys...

So if we can't get help from him.. we use some other forms of help lor!!!

after all... its been so popular now...

Anyway I engaged mine also from the agency mentioned by the girls in the above discussion.. and I must say that their service is really good. So give it a try yeah?

Hv fun!

luv

thanks check

Yes, u r rite to say its redundant to let my in laws know, but they r staying at the same blk as me, and they come down very often during wkends. So it wouldn't be nice if i didn't inform them b4hand!

I should be calling the agency next mon can't stand my messy hse anymore!

J

just wed

Hi all,

can i check if i just need to iron 5 shirts and 5 trousers and wash 2 toilets n wipe surfaces how long do I need to get my helper to finish ? The min hrs require by agency is only 2 right?

S

sw

Hi Just wed

Wow... so long never visited this site.. and this thread still survives!

I think just 2 hrs for you should be enough unless you want the helper to press the shirt till its as smooth as baby's backside.. haha!

Can't believe that my information abt this company is still so valuable.. aiya.. if i know earlier, i could hv sell it.. hehehe
biggrin.gif

So how r u girls doing with you helper so far...

Cheers!!

S

sw

Hi maya..

U still there... sorry couldn't reply your question cos I went for a short trip.

I think u will need at least 4 hrs, depending on the no of clothing u hv to iron or wash
happy.gif

The Grreatest S'pore sale is on.. I just saw on the papers a front load LG selling only at $399... see there i go releasing info again.. hahaha!

Cheers!!

J

just wed

Hi SW

Thank you. No, i definitely dun need it to be as smooth as baby's skin, but probably as smooth as beancurd?
happy.gif

Will be giving the agency a call tomorrow.

hv a wonderful week

maya

Hi ladies, still hanging ard hor?? SW, haven't tried the service yet. Hope to but my FH not so keen on idea. THink that we can handle it by ourselves. Men! I don't they they realise it's that troublesome. He never do hsework and thinks that the weekend trips we make up to our place is gd indication that we can cope ourselves. We haven't even lived in properly, with full load washing machine, ironing and what not.......I still think I will go for this part time maid thing......

S

sw

Yeah.. still hanging around... hehehe... can't bear to leave the forum... what to do...

happy.gif

Oh, so u guys haven't officially lived in yet.. Well... maybe your hubby needs to hv a taste of weekly hsehold chores b4 he wil come to support your decision... cos its never easy for us to work outside... and then still do hsework... u know.. sometimes u just want to laze ard and rest instead of slogging in out in the hse!

Well.. if your FH is not that type who do hsework.. like mine... sigh!.. better start talking n convincing him.. if not end up like me.. we argue and quarrel.. abt this so often till we give up.. and get someone to do it for us...

I just feel sometimes man still thinks that ladies need to pao everything.. from cooking to etc etc... sometimes if they can't live a finger to help... then they better dun stop us from getting helper.. cos we need someone to help us..

Sorry.. me complaint too much.. just venting out some frustrations here ....

Well maya... at least u more proactive than me.. well at least now our problems is solved.. but there's still some strain in our marriage... Hope time will resolve it... So dun let these trival things get into your marriage... start getting someone.. if not we end up being the complaining type.. u know...

Where u stay? u guys getting married soon?

Have a fun wk end!

happy.gif

maya

Hi SW, yah, I can foresee probs here so on my own, went o find out these things 1st. Frankly, my job tougher bec I'm more senior having worked longer. My wkg hrs quite terrible. I never do hsewk. I'm impatient and I'm not exactly young. So dun expect me to do hsewk!! But FH thinks otherwise. But over this, I'm not going to give way, no way!!!

maya

want to ask question for those who used Handsoff.

How is the contract btw us and them? Do you have to commit to weekly cleaning, min 3 hrs, for X no. of mths? Can I ask for them to come only as and when I call them? My colleague called them and it looks like they only take on if you commit to it weekly. She don't allow bi-weekly. I was thinking only of 2-3X per mth, not every week.

ANyone can advice?

W

watsright

Hi,
I'm using this very good philipina maid on part time basis. (she used to work for my family for 7 yrs. Now she's a S'pore PR coz her husband's a engineer here)
She's very responsible and a quick worker. Her rates are very very reasonable as well. Only $10/hr. And you don't have to commit into any contract or anything. Just call her as and when you need her to come.
If you need her number please provide me with your email address.

W

watsright

I think, to save me the hassle of replying email email by email: Her details are as follows:
Name: Bel
Tel: 91063775

dell

Hi maya

The contract is a simple one. there's only like 5 or 6 pts... mainly is to tell us to keep our valuables properly and put away fragile and xpensive stuff. Also to let us know that they provide free replacement if the helper proves unsastisfactory. The contract also tells us not to use the workers to wash car or buy groceries.. all the chores are only limited to within the home...

I think the problem is not abt how many times per week.. cos i feel it'll be hard for the workers to come only as and when we want them... imagine if currently my helper commit sat 3-6pm for me.. and then i somtimes use her, sometimes dun... its kind of difficult for her to earn.. as this stimpulated time, she could have commited to someone that will confirm using her every sat 3-6. Sometimes I see how hard my helper works... i feel that this is really hard earned money.. I just think that we should be fair to them... just like we all wouldn't like it if our boss asks us to take unpaid leave every Fri of the week cos the company is not earning... I mean this is the situation I'm currently facing.. and maybe this is how I feel u see...

I could have easily gotten a job from Mon - Fri... cos now I 'm with this job yet I'm forced to take a Fri off...

Well... think u get my pt.. sorry just trying to vent off anger with my boss... sigh... its hard to earn people's money...

I have used her since apr... SW introduced it to me... think quite alot of gals use them... seems like this Stephanie quite pro and friendly...

Now me really thinking perhaps I should go and work this hsecleaning thing too...hehehe...

nemo

Hi dell

Got your pt, agree with you that its really hard earn cash for these housekeepers , therefore its hard for them if we only ask them to come once every fornight unless they themselves dun mind lah i guess.

I should be trying this Handsoff in aug when i get my flat, think so far its kindof the most popular and economical.

CHeErs!

E

es

I also have a PT maid doing up my house every month. I think she's quite good. Can leave your email here if u keen.

She stays in Geylang. If there's direct bus think she dont mind. Cos i stay in Sengkang.

N

nicloe

Hi es

Can i have the no. 2 ? I'm staying @ aljunied so its quite near to geylang .Can i know how much r u paying her ? Per trip or wat ? my email [email protected]
Thxs a lot

nicloe

S

sengkang

Hi SW...

am interested also in getting my hsehelp from this Handsoff Inc.. after reading quite alot of good feedback abt it.

I got an auntie thru people's recommendation here in the forum, and the auntie after cleaning for 3 weeks, wants to quit due to the location of my hse. sigh now i have to find another one again. so i just need to find out, whether this agency sort of guarantee the auntie working for me at least eg 3 mths so at least she won't like leave anyhow.. after all we pay the agency some fees i know in this case its 50 bucks only.. so still quite reasonable.

Pls advise.

gracian

dear all

i am looking for a part-time helper too... need help to clean house before wedding in sept. i am staying in sengkang... please recommend thanks!!

neo

Hi gracian

Maybe u can try the HandsOff inc. I'm staying at punggol ,Got my part time maid from this agency. just read up the above thread Or u can go to their website to browse think its

www.handsoff.netfirms.com

CheErs

E

edd

Hi Neo

Am very pushed to try the HandsOff Inc.. cos had a very bad wkend regarding hsework with hub.

How do you think of their service? I've been to their website. Seems very reasonable in their charges.

How's the part time maid that they recommend you so far?

Thanks.

neo

Hi Edd

I think their service is good. They guarantee me three months of free replacement if i find the hsekeeper not satisfactory,or not able to click etc.

So far, they have the lowest recommendation fee and the person i spoke to is very friendly and helpful. I feel at
ease with her.

Dun let this kind of hsework strife centred around the marriage. Its not healthy esp we are only just wed! We should live our married lives happily yeah?

Let me noe the outcome.

Hv fun!

anne

hi watsright,

I engage Mabel for my house chores work.
Got her contact from your message here.
Mind to drop me your e-mail addy? I would like to check something from u.
Thanks and appreciate your care share

edksdid

those who are staying at pasir ris, can try

Mrs Chew at 9046 6370.

$11.50 per hour.

she preferred pasir ris area and certain tampines area only.

ttsh

Hi all,

This person whom I am recommending is good in both cleaning service and oso baby care-taking. Her service is both e same $10/hr. SHe stands out as she is experienced in bb-care taking too. Her name is Marissah and you can reach her at her hp no. 91017480. Just let her know tat u r introduced by her next-dr neighbour.

bleue

Hi Tay, Which area does she goes to? Only near Punggol? My fren is looking for one but she stays at woodlands.. Is she chinese?

Thks in advance!

ttsh

Hi Bleue,

She stays ard Toa Payoh. SHe's a filipino. I believe if the no. of hours is substantial, she is able to service woodlands too. Jus gif her a call to enquire. No harm.

ttsh

Hi Cherly,

She's employed by my neighbour but my neighbour allowed her to do part-time outside cos they r not paying her levy fee n she had to fork out herself. This is an agreement btw them.

ordinary75

Hi all,

anyone staying at Hougang, Serangoon or Sengkang interested in engaging a part-time maid or know of anyone?

My part-time maid who is very good wants to do additional assignments. Reason being her husband has been retrenched and she has three kids.

I hope to help her get more assignemnets NOt thru agency and I have known her for four years. She is very meticulous and diligent. She is in her late 30s.

So please let me know if you are interested or know of anyone who is interested.

Thanks.