Park Hotel Orchard

sushi

Thanx Mrs Quake

I wanna take a look at the setup but there wont be any wedding until aug so right now cant view the ballroom at all. So have you had your food tasting yet? How is it?

M

mrs

Hi Sushi,

I haven't done my food tasting yet. Probably will do so at the end of this month or next month.

Ballroom wise......I'll describe the room as cosy and warm. It does not have a high ceiling like the newer ballrooms in some hotels. The warm yellow lightings at night make the set up in the medium size ballroom looks like a cosy dinner gatherings for family and close friends. Very personal.

But one thing to note, they do not have a stage and have only a platform with a simple backdrop with no other decor.

sushi

Hi Mrs Quake
Really? Didnt know that they do not have a stage! I hope to have a stage badly
sad.gif
. Aiyo...thats bad. Can we request for a higher platform or something with proper deco? Thought that they will provide the stage deco as well?

M

mrs

Hi Sushi,

I think the platform is rather fixed but you can perhaps check with them if they can do something about it. As for the decor, I presume you are talking about stage decor.

For that, I think there's limited things you can do as the platform is not big. You can only have a rostrum, champagne fountain and the dummy wedding cake on it. f you are thinking of having ice carvings and all, I believe that the coordinator did tell me that they do not usually have that. Backdrop is plain and they also do not have a electronic white screen or projector in the room.

If you are showing your pics on projector, you got to bring your own or rent from them. The screen will be the portable type.

I guess if budget is not a problem, you can try for higher end hotels which may be able to give you a nicer stage. Usually the newer ones will have that. But it's usually hard to have your cake and eat it too. There's bound to be something missing in each one.

dtg

Hi,

I ever saw one of their past wedding where the couples did place an ice carving on the stage but it will makes the stage cramped cos it's naturally small by itself. If u required any backdrop, stage decor, they might be able to do it for u at a cost....so do check out wif ur coordinator.

BTW have your seen the new favour and cards?

sushi

Hi Mrs Quake
Its truth lor...like what you said...there's bound to be something missing in each one
uhoh.gif
. I personally like the perks on their cakes too cos usually most hotels provide dummy cakes only. From the pictures that i saw online, the ballroom looks rather cozy and not too small i guess but too bad cant see the stage. Most likely, i'll be having ard 25 tables.

I do like higher end hotels but i have budgets lor...too much commitments...sigh...
sad.gif

I wanted to take a look at the setup but they do not have any wedding banquet for the time being. Kris told me to go down for appointment with her to look at their wedding setup photos but its still not convincing enough lor. Cos i really dont wanna to be regret after signing up with them. Its kinda a big day, right?

So are you still satisfy with them till now? Frankly speaking, kris is really helpful. Hopefully she can help to me abt the stage thingy.

M

mrs

Sushi,

Life's like that....what to do.....don't we girls always want the grandest or the most fairy tale wedding? But when reality sets in, there's only so much we can ask for or do for our big day.

My advice is to do what you can within your means and not chalk up a big debt for your wedding. Choose one that you can live with within your means and you'll be fine. Afterall, a wedding is only a beginning to a new life though some may say that it's the end (or grave) for the bridegroom!!!!

The stage is not very high and that's why I've alway refer to it as a platform. To tell the truth, in most wedding dinners, most of the guests will put the emphasis on the good food instead of the decor. You may have a very nicely done up stage but if your food is not up to sandard, you'll start hearing comments from your relatives after that! One other reason why I chose Crown Prince was also because my mum likes Long Jiang Food.

As for the setup, if you are really unsure, you can ask Kris if you can tentatively book the date you want first and decide after you view the ballroom. BTW, when is your wedding?

Kris is also my coordinator. She is very helpful whenever I approach her and concern about her couples. In fact, I saw the setup twice on actual weddings before signing up.

Can you share with me about your package by emailing me? Just click on my nick name to send the mail. Better this way cos some other brides may feel 'shortchanged' by the new package if it's better than the one they sign for. Trust me, I experienced it once.

sushi

Hi Mrs Quake
I totally agree what you said. We can only do what our abilities can do. Certainly i would love to have a grand wedding just like any one of us here. Hehee...only the guys would consider its the end of the whole process. To us gals, its really only a beginning. We will start this family from 2 person to giving birth and till death. Its gonna be a long process.

The stage that i saw on the pictures are rather low. But after thinking it over, the most important things are still the service and food that crown prince provides. Only these 2 important items will create many response and feedbacks.

Actually i quite envy those who have settle things like choosing the banquet venue and bridal shop. For me, i have only signed up with White Link and thats all...nothings done yet. Cos i'm still waiting for the tong shu to be out to choose an auspicious date. Heard from people that tong shu will only be out after the hungry ghost festival. So right now, i feel like 'hanging in the air' half way done...not up not down...sigh...How i wish i can tentatively booked a date with Kris first.

I have not meet up with Kris yet...only talked to her on the phone. So have not received any proper package from her yet. I will definately share my package with you once i've got it, ok? Or do you wanna share with me your package first? If possible, you can email to [email protected]
wink.gif

By the way, when is your big day, Mrs Quake?

M

mrs

Hi Sushi,

You may refer to my previous posting for my package. Suggest you read a bit further down on my responses to other queries as well to have better understanding.
http://singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/6/22228.html?1045208765

Hmmm...yah...you situation is really not here not there. Why don't you go around differnt hotel first and have a look at those ballrooms and packages first? When the tongshu is out, pick a few good dates and then go visit the hotels that you have narrowed down for further discussion. By then you can tentatively book dates for the few hotels you like. they can hold the ballroom for about 2 weeks foryou to come to a decision.

I'm having my wedding in Dec this year. So if you choose Crown Prince too, I can tell you my experience after that!

sushi

Hi Mrs Quake
Read your messages. Your package seems so good. Will definately have to 'qing jiao' you after i confirmed to booked crown prince. Most likely i will choose them cos pretty like the food as its from long jiang. Maybe will booked with them before sept i guess cos there will be an increasement in sept.

Dec is just a few months away...So how's your preparation?

M

mrs

Hi Sushi,

No problem. Will be happy to help. Most important thing is you have to know what you need and what you want. Plus know your crowd too so that you you know what kind of alcoholic drinks you need to negotiate for a better deal. Last pointer but also the most important pointer is that you have to work well with your coordinator (ie always discuss and negotiate but never threathen to complain her/ lose your temper just because she doesn't give in to certain requests.)

Let me know when you have fixed yout date.

sushi

Hi Mrs Quake

Thanx for your advise. I'll look into it
happy.gif

I've called kris...she mentioned that there will be a bridal show in sept. It would be better to signed up during the bridal show as they have discount and more perks when you signed up during the show. She also mentioned that they are going to revise the package too but have no idea if there would be any increase in the package anot.

Mrs Quake, do you think there will be an increase in their package?

M

mrs

Hi Sushi,

Most of the time, the package during bridal shows will have more perks. It's better to sign during then

As for price increase, most of the time hotel will increase their prices year after year. This is especially true for the alcohol.

You can check with Kris if there'll be any price revision for banquets next year. I'm sure she'll be able to tell you even if she is unsure of the increase amount.

sushi

Hi Mrs Quake

I've asked Kris already. She only mentioned that there will be a price revision but have no idea whether will there be an increase anot. I'm still considering Carlton as well now. Both package is about the same price but their perks are different. Carlton got more perks than crown prince.

Have you been to any wedding at carlton before?

By the way, how come this tread only left you and me, mrs quake? hehee...

rihini

Hi Sushi,

Have you signed up with CP? or are you going for the coming bridal show?

Ms Quake,
Any idea if we don't sign up with them on that day but consider over a day or two, will they still extend us the same perks?

rihini

hi,

anyone went down to the bridal show at Crown Prince? Can share what promo they had?

I actually went in the afternoon and saw them setting up the place. Quite liked the ballroom, but I can't attend the show cos had to go for a colleague's wedding dinner at Concorde.

Would appreciate if anyone can share with me the promotional packages Crown Prince offer.

rihini

Hello Mrs Quake,

I didn't realize that they don't offer me free corkage for wines. How much would be the corkage charge for wine at Crown Prince?

maymay

hi.. mine was also 25+++.. i supposed they are pretty standard.. and not very flexible with giving perks?

rihini

Thanks Koibito and maymay.

Have both of you had your wedding banquet already?
If yes, can I check with you how many L of beer and bottles of wine is consumed throughout your dinner? Your no. of tables?

maymay

Hi Rihini,

I had just booked my package.. will only have the dinner next year..heehee.. very kiasu hor?

twinkleglint

hi girls,

i m new to this thread. i jus happened to pass-by. there is somethings i would like to tell ur just in case.

i was a jie mei for one of my friend who held her WD at CP last month. the audio was so poor n got quite screwed up. the music was strucked n got weird sound so quite disturbing during the march-in, thru dinner n her montage. her videogragher warn the bq mgr abt the cable not in good condition but they pass it off by saying it's alright.

sorry to spoiling ur moods but jus let ur kn so that on ur AD, u can be alert on this.

but after the WD, they willing to compensate, so ok wif my friend.

maymay

hi twinkleglint,

thanks for warning us.. it din occur to me about the audio part as I was more concerned abt the package.. now that u mentioned.. I will highlight this to my coordinator..

rihini

Hi Twinkleglint,

How many tables did your friend had? Were all tables able to see the stage and screen without blockage?

Hi maymay,
you book your package during the bridal show issit? Can share what promo you had?

twinkleglint

my frd had 42 tables, i was seated at the 3-4 row in front of the stage. but cannot see the stage properly. when showing the montage, frds sitting on the same table were in awrward position. so the back people also cannot see.

i think this is quite normal even in other hotels, u cannot satisfy everyone. overall the atmosphere quite cosy.

by the way, my frd didn't get a 1-1 waitress serving the tables.....

rihini

Hi,

If I not wrong, only merchant court practice 1-1 waitering.

Maymay,
$608 is the listed price. You din book during their promo? Right now, they have one tie-up with POSB/DBS Credit cards - 10% discount.

maymay

Hi Rihini,

Yes I booked during the promo.. but they do not have any promo on 8-course dinner
sad.gif

My FH and myself dun hold POSB/DBS credit card so no additional discounts..

rihini

Hi Maymay,

what a pity. What was the promo on weekends /9-course package at the bridal fair anyway? Better than the 10% discount now?

froggy

Hi rihini,

If you are really interested in CP, contact them before 10 Oct as the offer will end by then

rihini

Froggy,

I was told it's valid till end 31 Dec 03. I mean the POSB/DBS credit card joint promo.

What is this that ends on 10 Oct?

maymay

Hi Rihini,

I din really pay attention to the weekend packages.. sorry.. but i believe if u sign up before 10th oct.. they r giving u 12% discount..

froggy

Hi Rihini,

Yeah, they are giving 12% discount for people who book the weekend package. This is for people who did not make their decision on the wedding show.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Crown Prince Hotel's current promotion:

<font color="ff0000">Enjoy an 8% discount</font> on your wedding banquet package when you confirm your wedding at the Crown Prince Hotel Singapore! Please note that all bookings have to be confirmed by 31 December 2003 and this offer is not valid with any other promotions. Please print and show this document to the wedding coordinators of Crown Prince to enjoy the discount. Please call 6730 1540 for more details.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

gebbera

Hi ladies,

I'm new to this and is very keen in discussing the topics of Crown Prince Hotel with you ladies. I have just confirmed my weekend package with them. Not quite sure if their services are professional enough. Can anyone advise me on this?

I've been to their Bridal Fair in Sept. And realised that their ceiling is quite low too. Another disadvantage is that they do not have any LCD projector as well. What i understood from the fair, is that they will be changing their deco theme next year... if i remembered correctly, the color theme will still be ivory with diff deco. Gifts for guests will be a pair of chopsticks... represents "shuang shuang dui dui" (in english meaning couples in pair). Well, that's my own interpretation. keke...

Would like to know if anyone has attended any WD in CP? How's the effect of the rented LCD projector? Are the pics on the screen clear enough for the guest to see? Anyone has any ideas on this??? pls help.....

koori

Gebbera,
Hi, I am also a CP bride, but mine is weekday.
They do not provide LCD projector, must loan from them. Not sure how's the effect. If you have outside lobang, they allow too, don really have to loan from them.
Btw, when's your wedding date?

mvp

U can always test run the projector if u are realli interested to rent. In that way, u can assess if it's clear enuff for the guest. But wat I know is tat their screen is pretty old, so the effect will not be tat great afterall.

maymay

hi gebbera,

Im oso a CP bride.. weekday package.. went to the bridal show as well.. to me the ballroom looks ok.. maybe my expectations very low.. heheee.. more impt is the food must be good, price reasonable, location convenient and overall its presentable.

i think its not worth to rent the projector fm them if you can tee-loan fm your company or anyone else.. it cost $350 if im not wrong..

the thing i heard now which is worrying me is the poor sound system and slow service...

abc123

hi rihini,

i am also thinking of booking CP. wld like to know whether the POSB/DBS credit card promo isit on top of the 8% which chin leng mentioned in the previous posting. which mean it will be 18% off per table. correct me if im wrong. so it will be $621.
thks

enge

Hi,

I'm new to this thread.... I oso condering to sign on wif CP. Btw, I got the info fm Corrine(CP's co-ordinator), for POSB/DBS credit card member is entile 10% off of total bill &amp; valid until 31.12.03 only. She didn't mention there is additional 8% discount leh. There is wedding dinner coming saturday &amp; sunday, u may go down hv a look &amp; further discussion.

Just wondering, how did u got amt $621? Thx

rihini

Hi

If you pay by DBS/POSB credit card, that's 10% discount. otherwise it's 8% only.

Hope this clears the doubt.

koori

hi gals, not sure if CP will be changing their screen huh. Anyone signed up already? Btw, my wedding is Dec '04, still very long from now. Anyone wedding around that time?

fi_fi

Hi gals,

I'm new 2 dis threat. would be going down CP for further discussion n viewing of ballroom. So, any1 could enlighten me what can I neg on from the package dat they having now?

Hi Koori,

U oso Dec'04 bride? me jus tentatively block for Dec'04 date tdy oso. Wonder r u d 1 who booked 12th or 19th Dec 04 bride?

maymay

hi Fi fi,

think CP not very flexible in their packages (as in they dun really let you negotiate on many things).. unless you are in luck
happy.gif

fi_fi

Hi Maymay,

Thx 4 ur feedback. But dan how e their ambience of d ballroom? wat abt d food and service oso?

Sori... I've never att any function in dis htl. so vri bur.
sad.gif

mvp

Hi fifi,

Like wat maymay said, there is little that u can negotiate with them, unless u are willing to do some exchange...then there would still be a chance.

I just had my wedding last mth and ambience is great. There has been good comments on the food and service rendered on my night. All commented that food is yummy and generous, service is prompt too but you need to consistently stress this to your coordinator cos my frenz wedding in sept is quite a screw up.

hope this helps...

maymay

hi Fi fi,

I went to their bridal show and saw the new setup and found it to be quite nice.. food is prepared by long jiang restaurant chefs.. so should be of standard as well.. jus tat service i heard is a bit off.. so like wat Mvp said, stress tat service is important to you..

Hi Mvp,

check with you since you jus had your wedding, did you rent a projector for any montages? also heard from my fren that CP's sound system isnt too good? is that true?

mvp

Hi maymay,

Yes I did have a photo montage but din rent it from CP cos theirs is veri ex...$300. And they are veri insistent on not providing it FOC, actually quite unhappy over this. We managed to borrow from frenz FOC eventually.

We din play the music from our laptop, it's fr CP sound system which is good. u can test the system on the night itself before the dinner. Heard tat if u play frm laptop, sound is a bit squeaky, think CP audio connection is not so good here, so u might want to play from ur CD but cons is tat there must be someone who does the coordination work.

maymay

Hi Mvp,

thanks.. yalor they are truly not flexible about their projector.. so many other hotels already providing FOC.. dunno why they so fixated on this issue.. so as long as we play the CD fm their sound system it will be fine rite? then i can fang xin liao..
happy.gif