Orchard Hotel

xiaowish

That's nice, I went to T-Dragon last weekend and choose my wedding card design.

My preparation is more or last done. PS already done waiting for collection only. Only Photo Montage have not started yet... But table seating is really a big headache!!!

candicesai

Wow. i guess i am still lagging far behind. i have no idea what to start.

My bridal shop is with The Aisle but they are having many internal issues which kind of affect my confidence with them. My first layout wasnt ready and i was not informed. I am worrying on every single details and kind of going into slight depression when coming to wedding preparation.

Sigh. Guess both myself n my hubby have been too busy n stress with work that we didnt have much time to discuss on details.

sad.gif

xiaowish

Candice - Nope. I e-mail angie reagrding about the Wedding show this coming Sun. Thought of going down to take a look of the New Theme they are having. But she mention that only certain theme will be shown so no point of going down. So she send us the details of T-dragon asking us to go down to take a look at the Invitation card. Angie mention that she will contact us End Sep for the food tasting.

candicesai

I have the photos of all the themes but their photos are always not nicely taken due to poor lighting which did not bring out e wow effect. i remember before i sign up with OH they show me the photo album of e ballroom. Wasnt very "wow" but when i went to see it myself, it was really nice!

I concluded that they should change their marketing photographer. Hahaha.

candicesai

Hi Wenda, email sent.
happy.gif

By e way, i went to T dragon website to view the card catelogue. Quite limited designs. Is it better to view there in e shop? What details do i need to provide for e card?

I remember seeing some chinese date or something which I have no idea of.

xiaowish

Candice,

T-dragon shop got more deisgn for you to select. All you need to prepare is your Parent Chinese name. As for the chinese wording not to worry T-dragon staff will prepare for you.=D

Oh Btw... Angie just e-mail me today and arrange a date for food tasting in Oct...

Hi Orchard Hotel BTB, here's my review after my wedding in late September.

My coordinator is Angie and had my wedding at Ballroom 1 and 2. Throughout the entire email correspondence, Angie is very prompt in replying emails and she will try to accomodate as many request as she can. She is very easy to work with so if you encounter any problem, just let her know and she will try to find a solution for you.

The high ceiling is my favourite and the decoration is not bad. Of cuz you cant compare to other hotels when we only paid almost half the price per table.

Food wise is ok, but tend to be more salty during my food tasting session. Overall, i received quite good feedback on the pork ribs with home made sauce. I also initiate to remove shark fin off the menu too. Angie will provide an alternative soup menu for replacement. She also took the effort to find out whether i could change to bird nest and the cost involved too.

I believe none of many brides wedding are smooth sailing, so on the actual day, the service wasn't top notch because the kitchen and the servers broke several plates and bowls which causes some loud noises. Not once but thrice. Not good but something that we cannot avoid.

One thing for sure is that i never regret choosing Orchard Hotel to hold my wedding lunch reception. Even though i wish i could have more choices while choosing my invitation card with T-dragon and better wedding flavours, the service rendered is excellent.

So if any bride to be is thinking whether to engage Orchard Hotel, you can just go ahead. =) Price is affordable and service is good. Good Luck!

ivanlow

Hi anyone got any issue with Orchard Hotel in terms of service and asking for refund for the wedding dinner before payment or after payment?

agnesoli

Hi Sueno,
They are actually doing a wedding show in the hotel on 16 Dec. you can actually get the package from them and head down to the show. It's free admission.

wenqi

Agnesoli, I heard they are not bad, got hua ting n high ceiling ballroom,but I have not go down to meet them, shall do it soon, will update you once I'm back from there

wenqi

Btw, do they have halal food? Expecting Muslim bosses...I went to some hotels, they say will have extra charge if need halal

black_shot

Hi Wenqi, I have went now to meet up with them and they was saying that they cater that. Btw, I agree that the ballroom is nice with high ceiling and pillarless

black_shot

Hi Wenqi,i would say that the package is attractive and they are flexible with our request. Will visit them at the upcoming weding show again to get more perks

black_shot

Hi Wenqi, I think they are giving away a lot of perks compare to other hotels. Waiting for their wedding show to see what is the best deal I can get before confirming with them.

wenqi

Hi all, I'm going to meet the coordinator this Sunday, but my MIL still can't give us the date, head ache now.. btw, is any one also be looking for fairmont also?

Hi. I am contemplating to book at Orchard hotel and meeting the coord this sunday. Anyone ever tried the food there? Is it nice? And is it accessible? Greatly appreciate if someone can share your comments. thanks. =)

I'm meeting Angie (supposed to meet Dan but he can't make it). How about u? Wonder if u mind updating me after meeting ur coord? Like how are the perks, hotel and ballroom etc.
happy.gif

wenqi

I'm meeting Angie also, lol..
Hope u r not looking at the same date as me, I looking at Nov for 28tables,how bout u ?

Nice! Hehe. So how was the meet up? Good? I'm looking around 35-38 tables. Maybe if okay, u can text me at 96542676 so that we will not spam the rest haha.

wenqi

Lol. .I think they won't mind, we are sharing info here, for benefit of all, lol..
I meeting her on Sunday,will update u again :)

sueno

Hi Agnesoli,

Had seen the price list for their wedding show. sad to say, the price is now out of my range. they had increased a lot for their package from 2012 to 2013. =(

wenqi

Hi Justina,
I just went to visit them last Sunday, I really think their package is comprehensive,most of the things we want, basically is covered by their package, and the ballroom is nice, now I'm pending from my in law’'s decision,can't wait to release this big burden,lol. .

agnesoli

Hi Wenqi,

Have you signed up?
Cos they are having a wedding open house this Sunday.
I see that the perks are pretty attractive.
The manager told me that its free admission and advise to register 1st as the response is overwhelming.
Will you be going?

wenqi

I will b going, but my MIL still cannot make up her mind to let us confirm the banquet, just afraid will missed out their confirm couple lucky draw, sob sob..

cluelessme

Hi Sueno,
Yes they increase their price
sad.gif

That is one of the reasons I am hesitating to confirm the banquet

Hi Wenqi,
Care to share your package? I am having a hard time to decide between Orchard Hotel, Swissotel and one other that I am meeting this weekend. I do agree their package is very attractive but pricing wise it seems alittle unjustified for its location

bvint_c

Hi All,

Any idea about OH food? I'm considering about lunch and feel that the food menu is very common. I understand that it's from a popular Hua Ting restaurant but has the standard been good?

FOr those taking lunch banquet, do you guys take their standard menu?
Any body care to share their lunch package? my email is [email protected]

wenqi

Hi Justina, I think the price is reasonable for a high ceiling ballroom n hua ting food, n I heard they will do reno in April, if u like them,better to b quick, if not the price will gone up I guess

cindyopw

Hello!

I've a dinner banquet - Cinnamon Ballroom @ Novotel Clarke Quayon 22 December 2013, Sunday to transfer. The date cannot be changed but it is a general auspicious date for wedding
happy.gif

Details are as follow:

- $200 off per table ($928 nett)
- free flow beer
- free flow wine
- additional night stay in bridal suite (2 nights in total)
- champagne and cake in room
- free weekend high tea buffet for 2
- 25% parking coupon
- complimentary food tasting for 10 pax
- complimentary day use room from 2pm - 7pm
- complimentary use of function room for solemnisation

I have yet to choose the theme/menu. You can mix & match the dishes so long as the final value of the banquet balances out. For info, i have also checked with them on the no. of servers for the banquet. There will be 3 servers to 4 tables and additional serves for beverages.

do let me know if you're keen! [email protected]

lefemina

Hello ladies,

Cindy's post is right, those are the details I was given too at the last Bridal Fair. By far its the best package I've seen and they tell me that the ballroom will be renovated sometime this year to refresh the look and feel. I'm soo excited that its going to be ready before my year end event. Oh and talk to Angie at OH, she is amazing! Among all the coordinators we spoke to at the various venues, she is the most helpful and confident.

candicesai

Hi all,

I had my dinner banquet on 2nd Dec 2012. I am grateful for all the help from Angie. she was my wedding coordinator and the one I signed up with. She been super helpful and accommodating with my requests and was there for us during our banquet.

I am really thankful for her help and also Nick who is the banquet manager on our wedding day.

Though there were a few technical hiccups that day, overall our experience and their superb services really ease my stress and tension on the day.

Really no regrets with Orchard Hotel. If you are still contemplating on whether to sign with Angie or Orchard Hotel, think no more. you be surprise with their superb service and will definitely have a relaxing and enjoyable day with them.

Once again, Angie and Nick, if you happened to read this, thank you for your superior service and effort to assist us on our big day. All my guests are happy with the food and definitely enjoy the service provided by your team.

Thanks!!!

I met up with orchard hotel coordinator already n both of us LOVE the ballroom! but the menu to us was so so only.. whereas marina mandarin menu very very attractive and they willing to do free upgrade of 3 dishes for us.. I'm torn between the choices! marina mandarin ballroom ceiling too low for us if not we would definitely choose it
sad.gif

and my bf's fav is Sheraton however theirs is an L shape ballroom and not so generous with their alcohol.. if we don't want the L shape ballroom then must keep tables below 20

how how how?