Novotel Clarke Quay

cheekybee

Hi R & J...tink me still have the checklist they sent me....but i was last year's dec 07 bride...if you are keen i can email you...hee..

rjwedding

thanks cheekybee!! u can sent to me @ [email protected]. I just need to know roughly what are the things i need to prepare and think abt.. now like nothing much to do leh, so abit worried that i may missed out lots of things..

cheekybee

Okie r & j! Dun worry too much about the preparations...everything will fall in place when the time comes...
happy.gif
I will send you the checklist once I get to log onto my computer...cos' now i am using hubby's...hehe...

rjwedding

hi cheekybee, got ur mail.. thanks so much.. just finished our frens namelist.. got a shock from my HB.. he got so many frens to invite.. must tell him to cut cut cut.. hope everything will be in place..

cheekybee

Hi stef and michelle...sure no probs! will do it once i log onto my own laptop...hee...

Hey r & j...hehe...guestlist is the most heachache part...try to cut those whom you think might not turn up cos' if they dun rsvp your invitation in advance...you will have a hard time planning your tables when the date draws near...:p

rjwedding

thanks cheekybee for your advice.. now already headache.. prob too excited.. hehe.. then if the date is nearer, think i will getting more severe headache.. ai yo.. abt 4 more mths to go.. i feel i haven't been doing much..

lingandyang

Dear ladies,

i just emailed novotel to ask about food tasting, and Huiling replied that i need to give them the menu list of 8 dishes to her, but she never ask which package i intend to take. Ladies who had already went for food tasting, did you inform which package you are choosing before the food tasting? Thanks.

chervonne

Need some help here, went to meet huiling to view the ballrooms last evening.
But I felt that huiling is not very flexible to the package, Most of the thing i requested her answer is no,cant,cannot....Is it i expect too much from them? If cannnot, at least give me an explaination or soultion, but she didnt and she is talking about the menu & package item very fast. Dont really seem to care if we are listening or not.
That point of time I felt that why should I go all the way down to the hotel to discuss about the package when the coordinator just stick to most of the package item
Is it only me who get this kind of treatment or am I expecting too much?
As I really like the venue and reasonble price
I like to check if any of you have other coordinator contacts or email who can provide more better service?

PS: She didnt even bother to give me a complimentary parking ticket last night!

bearyxmm

Chervonne, I dealed with jamie when I was negotiating for the extra perks.

Other than giving us more invites and parking coupons, I din manage to 'squeeze' other perks from them. According to Jamie, the package is already very attractive and they cannot afford to throw in any more than what they had already stated in their package.

At tat time, given the price we are paying, I tot the perks are quite reasonable ... so we just signed on the dotted line without much second tots.

xuer21

Hi Wei Ting, If u have read this thread previously... many were mentioning that Novotel is very strict on their package. Regardless what, unless promised during their show during any bridal fairs, they wont give any special treatments except for additional car park coupons, cards.
It is not only Huiling but the whole of their staff is the same. I went down twice, the very first time is someone by the name of Linda attended to me, she seems quite heck care also. But the second time Huiling is ok, and i sign the contract quite happily.

Btw... she wont give complimentary parking ticket one..

diva79

gals..at most you can get is more parking coupons and cards...

however most of their stuffs are fixed since theirs is already pretty competitively priced.

jamie offered us complimentary carpark coupons when we went down to look for her automically. however that was like in 06 and 07. i am not sure if the hotel is getting stricter on the carpark coupons now..

overall, we have a wonderful positive customer rs with jamie. we would highly recommended her anytime..

suzgal

Hi Gals,

I am looking at NCQ is one of the choice and may have to decide soon. Can anyone share their quotations with me pls. I understand tt they don give much perks but it will be good to see as reference. Also anyone knows of the charge for use of function room for solemnisation? Please send to [email protected].

Very much appreciate it!!!

Thanks Thanks

suzgal

Hi Cheekybee,

I am looking at 45 tables so I believe is the Phoenix Ballroom right.

I understand that your banquet is over as I am not so active in the forum, will u be able to share your experience with me and if pos the package that you were offered as ref. to [email protected].

Very much appreciate it.

Thanks

xuer21

and hor.. suddenly.. i dunnowhat to prepare now.. pengx.. btw.. cheekybee.. do u know where can i buy the groom's shirt?

happinessbliss

Erm Michelle, I am like u also.... My AD is Sept... My husband and I still like sitting there like "Tua Pek Gong"... We dun know what to do already, only know 20 March do PS.... Then the other day we were talking, "eh, did we forget to do anything anot huh? people always say AD very busy but we like nothing to do"... Then MIL say cos now still early, once date draws near, everything will drop into place... Huh? Still early? Only 6 plus more months to go ley... A little panicky but still dun know what to do...HAHAHAH

xuer21

hhaa yeah same same.. i keep wondering dunno is it my case special or really too early liao.. until i even go and sms my frens to ask them give me their add so i can prepare to send them invitation cards.. all of them pengz.. hee ya the only thing i looking forward to is my PS also.. in april..

diva79

Happiness&Bliss , Michelle (xuer21) actually there a lotsa of things to do IF you wanted to..
things like:

Photo montage? how many photo montages will u be doing?

sourcing for wine suppliers, PS, Videographer, things to tekan the groom, the wedding shoes, accessories etc etc.do you want to DIY your Wrist Corsages? souring for wedding cakes, guo da li stuffs, wedding stickers, ribbons, etc etc..

diva79

btw if you are looking to cut down costs, things like sourcing for printers for the wedding invites. i didn't use the jasvy printing services as i find them too ex. managed to cut down $80 -$100 by using another printer co.
happy.gif

xuer21

Hi divasan... hee.. i dun have photo montage.. haven even think of the story for my cartoon animation... wine i intend to take NCQ one.. PS and VG settled liao.. shoes.. accessories.. stickers.. ribbons all settled... Wrist corsages BS providing..

Oh ya.. now NCQ is using another printing firm right? no longer jasvy or something ... dunno gd anot..

tinggy

wow... Girls, you are already very well prepared. relax. =)
My wedding is in May. I havent get ready my photo montage, wedding shoes, accessories, wrist corsage. Even all my guo dai li stuff not prepared yet. And my invitation list is not firmed up yet.
Btw, the new wedding card firm is T.dragon. I will get my wedding card next week. Remember to check whether the map will be printed during the card selection. I forgot abt it during the card selection. Then i called them up a few days later, they told me they will provide a seperate insert of the map. 2 piece of inserts- map and the invitation. i dont really like that idea. But they told me because of the pattern of my card, the map cant be printed on the same insert of the invitation.

Does anybody has a list of item that has to be done before wedding? Can send to me? [email protected]

happinessbliss

For me, AD photograher more or less decided,not planning to have VG. wine we are give per bottle per cfm table so we will use NCQ's. My hubby will be doing the photo montage, wrist corsage and corsages provided by BS. Now trying to find shoes for my EG.

xuer21

hee... How much does T-dragon charge? what is an average pricing or reasonable pricing for the cards... i dunno le...

Ting , must jia you!!!!!

Happiness.. u also very fast haha..oh ya u mention u taking the wine per table... also got 1 barel of beer right.. what if ur guests finish it liao will u open a new barel?....

cheekybee

Hi suzgal...

Sorry I was a cinnamon room bride...not too sure if the quote is the same...maybe someone from phoenix can share more with you??

Hi michelle..

No la you not KS...its natural instinct to try to prepare a lot more in advance...but its oso true that too early oso dunno wat to do..hehe..the first few things we can oni do is to choose gowns...go for fittings...prepare for photoshoot..choose PS photos...only when it comes really near like the last two months then you will be very busy with GUO DA LI stuff...montage...AD schedule...guests list...table planning...blah blah...so now try to relax first!!
About groom's shirt...my hubby got a white one from Robinsons. Usually they have more brands to choose from I think...
happy.gif

rjwedding

hi.. seems like you girls are really very prepared.. mine 4 more mths to go and these are the few things that I've done: 1) abit of guest list. 2) confirm VG. 3) planning for honeymoon (haha). 4) Chosen gowns.

wow, seems like a still got alot of things haven't done yet: 1) photo montage. 2) gown fitting. 3) PS. 4) Wedding Shoes. 5) Wedding Accessories. 6) Guo Da Li stuff (my MIL should be handling these). 7) Food Tasting. 8) Wedding Invites and ???

I still don't feel nervous yet leh.. can anyone wakes me up and tell me what else I should be worrying and doing?? My HB always so busy, don't have time to sit down n have a good chat with him regards to our progress.. must wake him up this weekends and sort things out.. especially his guest list.. prob i will get more nervous n excited when i see my WG in 2 weeks time.. ok i must do my wedding shopping this weekend too..

happinessbliss

Michelle,

I have discuss with my hubby. N have also told Huiling that we will be bringing in our own hard liquor (HB jiat lat liao)... Then hubby will instruct the xiong di to coordinate with the coordinator that day on the opening of new bottle of liquors and beer barrels etc... We dun foresee that we will have to open another barrel of beer since we have wine and hard liquors...But then of cos if need to then no choice la... Cannot stop the guest from drinking mah....

Aiyo R & J,

My HB lagi kiasu... he already have his invite list ready liao... he say only when days draws near then he will go thru again... Hahaha... I suppose I am the very nua wan....

xuer21

haha... R&J... cannot start worrying ah.. otherwise wont stop liao... so just maintain ur own pace can liao lor..

Happiness,
I dun think i will be bringing hard liquor... cos hor sure very very jia lat one .. dunno my guests will bring anot.. but hor.. beer if open new barrel if not consume finish wont it be wasted? I was thinking.. do they provide in jugs instead?...

rjwedding

hehehe.. i believe my HB n me are those lazy n nua type.. hehehe..

i will have to keep myself busy now.. good luck to all who are in the midst of preparing for their wedding.. me too!!

moon_27

Hi all BTB,

Just to check, do most of you opt for the free flow or 1 wine bottle per table under the banquet? Me kinda in dilemna so need your advice. The hotel charges 23++ for per bottle..

Is it true that Novotel will not waive off the cockage fees for wine? cos most of the hotel seems to waive off this charges.

cheekybee

Hi Moon,

I just sent you the checklist!

Well, for my banquet, we opted one wine per table plus 1 barrel beer. In the end the co-ordinator said our beer ran out and asked us to open another barrel. Of course we said ok right..can't possibly tell the guests no beer liao before the dinner ends...but we din't get to verify the actual consumption...just took their words for it...it was something that bugged us a bit after that...:p

For the wine most probably the corkage will not be waived...you can try asking but seems like all along they are quite firm about their perks leh...

Hi michelle...

About the beer...we opened one more barrel...and ended up with 4 jugs sent to our suite late at night...we drank half a jug and the rest was left there till checkout...thinking back now...i should have used it as hair treatment that night...haha...wat a waste...
happy.gif

happinessbliss

Hi Moon,

I also opt for 1 bot wine per cfm table and 1 barrel of beer. We will also be bringing in our own hard liquor for the "elders"... I tried asking to reduce the cockage charge but was not successful...I'm not a good bargainer i suppose...hahaha

Hi Cheekybee,

U should have use the leftover beer to soak in the bathtub...Imagine, beer bath.... Hahaha...