Novotel Clarke Quay

lara

hi R&J! u r sophia+NCQ bride too! wat a coincidence
happy.gif

diva79

Michelle (xuer21) >> what does your original contract says? how many tables? u can be like eemoo (eemoo) to try fill up the tables by 28+2 reserves.
happy.gif

seems like the cordinator will try to accomdate differently for different couple.it would be good if we dun have to pay the wine and save the $$ for honeymoon. :p

suzgal

Hi Gals,

can anyone share with me what package they took for the dinner as in is it Desire, Pleasure, Destiny or Eternity?

Does this need to be communicated upon making the deposit?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Rgds

cheekybee

Dear Suzgal...

At my time this does not have to be communicated so early. Just decide on your menu when arranging your food-tasting date. You can also change any items on the menu with ala carte dishes...
happy.gif

For us we chose Pleasure menu but we customised a few dishes from ala carte...Now thinking of it makes me hungry...hee...

xuer21

hi divasan, actually my contract state 30 tables.. but i got tell huiling b4 that i might have only 28 tables.. and in her email response to me she says can.. but might need to be like eemoo pay for 30 tables then the remaining go back some other days to consume...

cheekybee

Hi Jasmine...call them at this number 63383333. For our banquet arrangements last year we liaised with Jamie or Huiling...but not too sure if Jamie is on maternity leave yet...and hey thanks for visiting my blog!
happy.gif

pooh83

Hi all,

My AD is on the 20th of Sept. However, i am actually in a dilema in considering to rent Walkies for my brothers and sisters that is helping the co-ordinating on the day itself. Do you think its necessary ?

Advantages:

1)Save bills for using HP
2)Better Cordination
3)Mass Communication between coordinators and helpers
4)Looks sore " Saat Kee" (Professional) - :p LOL

Disadvantages:

1)Range
2)Clarity/distortion
3)Frequency may crash with the hotels

xuer21

hi gina,

in my opinion hor... i feel that there wont be much coordination between them on that day le... they should be well-prepared le... perhaps just some communication here and there only..

cheekybee

Hi gina...think hp will be quite sufficient...hee...brief them of their duties before the actual day...they should know what to do most of the time already...
happy.gif

pooh83

Hmm, i dont know werther to trust their co-ordination anot lei.. i have yet to rackey the venue yet. see how loh :p hehe

eemoo

hi Gina, it'll be good if you have walkies.

i had them during my AD and it was really useful. don't worry on the clash with hotel's frequency, cos the frequency range is really huge, don't think you will "chun-chun" tio their frequency. (4D also not so accurate
happy.gif
)

and we had some fun using the walkies to kill the time during the journey between places.
happy.gif

have fun!

rjwedding

hi lara.. yes.. i'm a jul btb with NCQ..

hi ann, i just got 2 quotations from 2 piano renting companies..
one is Renner Piano Co: The cost is S$380/= price included of transportation and tune properly prior to delivery.
the other is Piano Connection: The rental is $600 for an evening for an upright piano, which includes delivery, collection and tuning.

pannie

Hi R&J.

Thanks for sharing. Woah.. the price is real costly lei. Got to think about it. How come the price diff so great??

tinggy

I will gng for food tasting on wednesday. So excited.
Btw, any bride try the stewed pacific clam abalone with seasonal vegetable? Are they clam or abalone? I thot of replacing the prawn as personally i dont take prawn and nowaday ppl are lazy to peel the shell.

rjwedding

hi ann.. i also dunno why the prices diff so much.. this is what they quote me.. prob there's a diff in piano?? hehehe.. this is what i think.. i'm still waiting for my fren to get back to me on his piano.. i still got about 3 mths 3 weeks to go.. oh no..

aaronjas

Hi everyone, wondering if anyone of you took out alcohol from your packages? If i wanna do that, what can i exchange it for?

cheekybee

Hi jasmine, not sure whether they do any exchanges at all leh...but if its possible...think of what you need or want most...maybe a more expensive menu...or an extra night's stay at the suite or one table free?...hehe..

jiahui

Hi Ting
Most likely will be the clam. If abalone, the price will be much more expensive.
Anyway, enjoy your food tasting. Do update us.

Hi Jasmine
Hope you are able to get a better perks on Friday meeting.

happinessbliss

Dear Ladies,

I tried to book a helpers room thru Huiling when i paid my deposit in Nov 07. She gave me a rate but says not cfm till date draws near. My AD is
sept. I drop her a email again to ask abt the room, and guess what she replied? She says they are fully booked.... damn..... Mu husband and I are simply to tired to argue with her as this is not the 1st time we had problems with her... so tired of all the crap, and all we are praying now is that she dun screw up or AD...

zflora

Hi Cheekybee
I got your mail.. thanks alot.

Cheekybee / Michelle
I had signed up with a BS. Going for my first appointment this month, actually, almost forgotten. And the BS told me it is hard to slot me in. :p

Not sure what i need to do next. i have been hearing others that they got lots to do. but i ve nothing [feeling quite free]. :p
Hope i din miss anything.

tinggy

I just come back for the food tasting. Majority of the dishes are delicious except

- The Platter is not very nice, we gng to change the shanghainess pork terrine. Not very welcome by us.

- Shark fin - cant see much shark fin.

- Stewed Pacific Clam Abalone with Seasonal Vegetables - it is clam not abalone. my in-law complain not nice. We gng to change this back to prawn.

Menu
Phoenix Roast Platter
Suckling Pig, Shanghainess Pork Terrine, Drunken Chicken, Jelly Fish, Mini Octoups

Braised Premier Moon-Cut Shark's Fin with Fresh Crab Meat & Roe

Steamed Rock Garoupa in "Teo Chew Style"

Deep-fried Yam Ring with Vegetables Stuffings

Braised Chicken Stuffing in Oyster Sauce

Stewed Pacific Clam Abalone with Seasonal Vegetables

Steamed Fragrance Rice in Lotus Leaf

Cream of Mango with Pomelo

xuer21

Hi Happiness&Bliss,

my guess is that perhaps due to the F1 race.. thats y its fully booked in sept... guess its first come first served lor...

cheekybee

Hi ting...you got almost the same menu as me...oni the chicken i had garlic chicken...clam i had prawn with cashew nuts...and rice i had ee-fu noodles...hehe...

thocat

hey there. i am having my wedding dinner at ncq.
just want to check wether do they provide a red carpet?
my dinner is novemeber, so when will i need to meet up with jamie to get things done?

happinessbliss

Hi Michelle,

Yes, I know its 1st come 1st serve. But i did told her i need a helper's room. And she say she will check and get back to me on the rates once they cfm... And she never did...When i took my initiative to ask, she says they are fully booked... I am just pissed that she did not follow up and take note of our request... and this is not the 1st time... that explains y we are simply too tired to reason out with her...If u could go thru the archive... She told us they provide half day helpers room.. when we sign and paid, she says no she did not say that... My husband and I were pissed off...

Hi Kavitha,

Novotel do not provide red carpet... I am sourcing my own red carpet...

xuer21

Hi Happiness&Bliss,

icic.. howcome she told u the rates were not confirm? i signed my contract last april i think... and i just read through my contract again.. it states the helper's room rates at 195+++..... ur contract nv states? ya.. i remember u did complain b4 abt the free half day helpers room...

xuer21

becos if the rates are in the contract, regardless of what.. it will be the rate on the contract.. unless ur contract nv states...

happinessbliss

My contract nvr state... but she did send us a email that says the helper's room will be charge at $220++ per nite after the arguement on the free half day use which she retracted... But she highlight that the $220 is not cfm and she will cfm when the date draws near...but she nvr did... Well, my husband and I love the ballroom nevertheless, now I just hope to get the AD over and done with and pray hard that she do not screw up my AD...

zflora

Hi Cheekybee
thanks, quite an advice on what to check out. but i dun think i will go with the silicon bra... :p

just had my hair perm.. not sure will this affect the styling... *sign* "itcy backside"

pooh83

Hi all , i think the clause in my package got state the helper room is at 195+++ leh. But the question is will it be cheaper if i book myself ?

xuer21

Hi Gina.. my contract states is $195+++ but now Huiling told me is $225++ (wedding couples exclusive pricing) pengz... i dunno who to believe le... my contract does not state its subject to changes le... so i email her back and see how she will respond lor... dunno i will argue with her anot... but since nv state subjectto changes then i think if we are being affected by the price increment.. then its abit unfair lor...

pooh83

That's way too absurd ! How can they say add then add? Its ridiculous... I think i need to go check my contract again le ... but would really hope to get my brothers and sisters a room to sleep after my AD. Probably another hotel around the vicinity?

happinessbliss

Ya lor, now i also searching for a hotel room for my xiong di and jie mei... as most of them drives, i really do not want them driving after drinking....headache

cheekybee

hi kavitha...since your wedding is in nov...you still have some time to go...usually they will contact you to arrange for food-tasting and printing of invitation cards first...
happy.gif

dodolet

Can we request for which co ordinator we wanna?
Huiling sounds bad. I popped by NCQ to check out the place and asked to see her. I was told she was busy and was told if I wanna see the ballroom I have to schedule. >.<

I would rather not have her. My FH said she should at least do something more like get someone to try to provide more information than just "da fa" us via the reception people.

happinessbliss

HI SotongLet,

I guess for most hotels u usually need to have an advance appt to view the ballroom. For NCQ, when i make an appt with Huiling to view the ballroom, I was schedule like a week later. I do admit that I have some "hiccups" with her as our coordinator. But nevertheless, i think we shld not let a coordinator spoil our mood to prepare for our once in a lifetime wedding banquet. Overall, I find NCQ atmosphere quite good, and in fact i like the ballroom with its own foyer...I suggest you call them up again to view the ballroom, and who knows u will fall in love with NCQ???

Michelle < I think right now if you need a room, y dun u call NCQ and see if they have a room available? The rate of the room worry later, try to secure a room 1st... For me, my hubby and I r still deciding wat to do... haizzz...

rjwedding

oh no.. after seeing all these posts.. think i need to call them to ask about my extra room too.. I didn't liaise with Huiling.. from what Jamie told me, she said I will be getting the extra room, so hope this is really true.. i told her I will pay for that room since she can't give me FOC, think she told me is also $195++ per nite too.. need to go check with them again.. i already told my relative that I will be getting a room for her, if don't have then i got to start sourcing around again.. since my relative came from overseas.. ai yo.. headache now again..

I should liaise with Huiling now right, since Jamie is on maternity leave.. or I should wait till Jamie is back??

dodolet

Hi Happinessbliss,
I gotta see the smaller ballroom anyway. We decided to just go down and see the place abit, and the door was open with the tables set for 20 +2. It was the exact thing we wanna.

Anyway my FH likes it, and my parents like the location as there is an mrt near by.

I just dun wanna deal with Huiling >.<.

queenly

wah most of u all gotten the amoutn is 195++ my contract states 245++ loh....y so inconsistent??

hmm think by the time i will try to check if i book myself cheaper anot.....

xuer21

hi queenly, when did u sign the contract? i signed it last april le... maybe those that signed last early yr got the rate of 195+++