Noble House

sandralum

Hi all!
We just signed up with NH yesterday
happy.gif

Can anyone advise roughly how many litres of beer we'll need to provide for a weekend dinner or 35 tables?

Did anyone signed up with freeflow of beer?
happy.gif

popie

hey S,

who is ur coordinator? how u find the service so far? i dun think got free flow of beer leh. which package u intending to take? i jus signed with NH today leh. hehe. went down this evening. there was a 45 table dinner going on. went down to hv a look then sign.

sandralum

Hi Popie,

My coordinator is Jonathan. Nice and hospitable guy. *Cross fingers* Just hope everything will turn out well on the day itself.

When's your AD?

sandralum

Hi Popie,

My coordinator is Jonathan. Nice and hospitable guy. *Cross fingers* Just hope everything will turn out well on the day itself.

When's your AD?

shernine

Hi Christine,

how's the menu and price of NH? Coz I'm considering for this too... Do you have any of their contacts?

My AD will be in next year Oct... will it be too early to sign up now?

Can email me details of this NH?

Email : [email protected]

Thanks!!!

popie

hi S,

my AD in july 2006. long way to go. but i abit KS. got limited days i can choose. so book early lor.

yes. john is nice. i talked to him before. but in the end our coordinator not him. long story.

so how are all ur wedding preps so far? u happy with ur package?

popie

shernine,

here is the link to noble house wedding banquet package. have a look and see if u like it.

http://www.tunglok.com/noble/wedding.html

shernine, u got to be careful of who ur coordinator is, cos i was ever served by this lady coordinator who is really unpro n sucky. its jus her. the rest of the nobel house staff are all very nice n professional.

u shld go down to hv a look one day. they entertain walk in. i did that a couple of times before i cfm my booking.

sandralum

Hi Shernine,

indeed, a good coordinator is very impt. I was also served by this lady coordinator (prob the same one popie mentioned) she was expressionless and wasn't too keen to show me the package...

I don't think next Oct is too soon cos it's a popular mth lunar 8th mth so you may want to consider fast. In fact mine is Oct 06 too and was surprised to find the day before me was already booked. Luckily I still got my date
happy.gif

popie

hey S.

looks like urs, Shernine and my dates are pretty close to each other. initially i tot ur date was this oct.

how did u managed to chg coordinator in the end?

shernine

Thanks popie... So I will try to avoid serving by that lady which you mentioned... and try to get someone else or go the next time round if encountered by this lady.. hehe

When's ur AD, popie? So, who is the good coordinator there?

S, what's the date of ur wedding? Mine is 22th Oct 2006... how about urs? Wonder same day? Then I have no chance booking already ..hehe!

So I think I would really go down and have a look... Oh yes, how much deposit need to put first?

popie

shernine,

my AD on 8 July 2006. i actually went directly to the restaurant manager Veronica. I let her handle. Quite like her. She is 1000 times better than the lady i mention. anyway on the actual day she will b the one making sure everything, all the set up is fine. so i tot might as well lias with her direct.

summergirl

Hi Shernine,

Popie has given u the info, U can refer to the web, their wedding pkg is there.

I liase with Veronica too. She's very nice.

If your date is firm, is good to book early, at least to chop the date first... hehehe

Their deposit is a standard of $2.1K if i m not wrong.

popie

hello christine

when is ur AD? Veronica is good rite? very nice and accomodating. yah. i think deposit is standard. i paid $2100 also

summergirl

Hi popie,

my Ad is 16 Feb 06.
yep, Veronica is gd, i also agree that she is accomodating...
Which menu will u be taking? i am taking the Deluxe...
Quite like their hall too, feel is quite cozy there...

popie

hey christine,

think we most probably take the superior package. not yet cfm. veron say the package n the table numbers can cfm later. we jus book the date first.

yes. i fell in love with the hall the first time we step foot into the restaurant. simple yet nice n cosy. r u intending to set up the area for cocktail recept?

summergirl

hi popie,

icic... the no of tables will be confirm later for us as well...

yes, we will hv the cocktail recept. I find the recept area very cozy & comfortable too leh...maybe the warm lightings make me feel tat way... hehehe

popie

yes christine. n i think when they set out the cocktail tables outside in the open with the tea lights its even nicer. so romantic.

summergirl

yah... is a great idea... can place bowls of floating candles with red rose petals... hehehe..
i am trying to think of a theme for the dinner hopefully the decor can be slightly different... cos my cousin will be hving her wedding dinner at NH at the end of the year too...

shernine

Thanks for CHristine & popie... Haiz I am quite new to this... so dun really know what to request for...

My date is already a confirm date, not going to change already.

I also thinking of the superior menu.. and maybe will change the desserts or something. See how first.

So after paying the S$2100, the rest will only need to pay after the wedding dinner rite?

Wat are the stuff we can negotiate with Veronica? Sorry I really inexperience in wedding banquet stuff...

summergirl

Hi Shernine,

U r welcome.
yep, the rest of the payment will be after the dinner.

U can negotiate with Veronica on
1) corkage waiver for red wines? - they're quite flexi on this
2) free upgrade of certain bottles of wine to a barrel of beer?
3) free cocktail recept area?
4) Extra Decor?
5) Hotel Stay?
6) If change dessert is it FOC or with additional charge?

Not too sure if there are any other things that we can negotiatee on...
But personally i feel that restaurants has quite minor things to negotiate as compared to hotels. But restaurants are quite flexible. HTHs!

btw, Veronica told us that there is a promotion on the perks if we sign up in June05. maybe u can check when u meet up with her... when will u be meeting her btw?

shernine

Hi Christine,

really thanks alot for your info! I not sure when I'll be meeting her yet coz now still busy for my new flat key collection tomorrow and also my renovation for the flat.

So I think maybe will be meeting her in July, when I start my reno and settle down most of my reno stuff....

Coz recently I have done up lots of research for my reno, furnitures, electrical appliances but neglected the wedding banquet....

Do they provide hotel stay for you? Wat is cocktail recept area for?

I'm wondering if their package that shown in the website is it GST inclusive or exclusive?

Usually wat are the timing for wedding dinner? 730pm?

popie

christine,

since the place is quite cheena, u can do something like shanghai night, where everyone must come in qi pao n boa. hahaha. that b quite fun.

i was thinking of specifying theme. but well, think not everyone will b very onz abt it. haha. most of my guests are relatives. rather not specify than to specify then end up no one dresses up. then it will b quite disappointing. haha.

shernine, its oki. everyone is inexperience here. we only marry once in a lifetime anyway rite? for me, i look at the package then look at my guests. whether they are drinkers, what kinda food they will like, then neg from there. if u bringing ur own wine then u can ask for corkage waiver. nothing much to neg actually. cos LCD projector all these NH is providing for free.

summergirl

shernine,

they provide hotel if we hit certain nos of table. cocktail recept is meant for "early birds" guest, where they are served with drinks.

U've to add 1% cess charge & 5% GST for the pkg, No Service charge. so we save another 10% hehehe...

Rightfully, the invitation cards states 7.30pm, but u know s'porean has the habit to be late for wedding dinner, so the dinner actually starts ard 8.30 or 9pm

Popie,
when we meet up with Veronica that nite, they is actually a function (not wedding). the gals actually are all in Qi Pao!
Though is a good idea, but like what u said most guest are relatives, so dun think they will follow ...sigh..

popie

christine,

that was interesting. i also went to meet veronica when there was a wedding. but there was no theme for that wedding. there was this group of guys who were all in striped shirts tho. overheard them saying that they are the stripe shirt gang. hahaha. so funny. i din noe there is hotel room if u hit certain number of table counts leh. but we decided not to neg for that cos not really necessary for us.

yes shernine! the plus point of NH is also the waiver of 10% service charge. save alot leh!

shernine

hmm... then NH is really quite good... must get a day to go down to meet Veronica... Yeah 10% is really alot!!!

So I think will ask for free cocktail recept area, so that my guests wont be like dunno where to go wat to do..

I will only need about 20-25 tables, so I guess won't be hitting the number of tables to get free hotel stay then...

will update you both once we sign up with NH....

You both really nice, share with me so many information!

popie

haha. i was actually quite surprised that on a sunday afternoon i have 2 of u shernine and christine to chit chat on forum. hehe. forum is usually quite quiet on sundays. =P its was nice talking to both of u.

wish u success shernine!

summergirl

Popie,
haha... yeah tat's so funnie...wonder what gang will my wedding hv? hahaha!
we also not sure if we can hit their required tables, no harm asking... hehe...

Shernine,
yep, 10% is alot...! do keep us updated ya!

summergirl

yep, i m also quite surprised too.. Sun usually very quiet. think is fate?! hehehe

Nice talking to both of u too...

Hope we can keep this thread gg, & share ideas on our dinner @ NH ya!

shernine

yeah sure no prob! thanks popie & Christine..!!

nice talking to both of u too!

ok.. must get a weekend to go and approach Veronica...

Thanks all!... talk u next time... going out for dinner! see ya

popie

yes christine! since all our weddings are quite close to each other, it b quite fun. talk again. me also going for dinner. =)

sandralum

Keke
happy.gif

Which bridal boutique has all of signed up? I can't decide yet. Looking for a lower end basic package cos already has a photography package...

summergirl

Hi S,

I hv signed up with Z wedding. I am now sourcing for AD photo/videography, anyone has good & cheap recommendation? hehe

shernine

Hi sandra, so mine is 22nd oct... abt 2 weeks after urs!
happy.gif

I signed up 'Paris Bridal" but now changed name to .. shinju dunno wat la...
at Tanjong Pagar. I signed up during an exhibition in expo about 3-4 years ago! Such a long time... Last time young, anyhow then sign up la.. haiz... quite expensive though!

Christine, I have a good and cheap recommendation for videography... They dun have a shop but is like doing on their own, but is really good and flexible.

If you wan I can give you his contacts. He did my ROM videography last year..

popie

i signed up with seletar broadway which is somewhere in AMK. signed during their exhibition at suntec. my package is abt 3K, inclusive of photoshoot n ROM gown. i find them ok lah. used them for ROM already. but in the SB thread there has been alot of complains. make me feel scared scared also.

shernine, u not the onli one who signed early. i also signed mine 2 years ago. hehe.

sandralum

Hi Christine,
how many tables would I need to confirm in order to get the free hotel stay? I wasn't told...

Thought it's quite weird to drive home after such a long and tiring night..

shernine

wow popie, you actually the same as me..
happy.gif

mine one ard 3K plus... since signed already so no choice la... juz hope will be good.

Sandra, 30 tables in order to get a free hotel stay... I saw it from the website.

Christine, I don't have any portfolio, I email you the contact of the videographer?

summergirl

Hi S,
becos i asked them if they give hotel stay...& also depending on the menu u select. If u choose the Prestige menu, min is 30 tables. But if the other menus, then must check what is their required min tables. But I can't remember this hotel stay given is it only during their promotion this mth or is it an ongoing thing, can check with them...
happy.gif

Hi Shernine,

Tks ! rec'd ur mail...

popie

hey everyone.

the hotel stay is still available. but onli for prestige package. that is wat is stated on my contract. but for the rest of the package u probably need to negotiate for it if u really wana hv the hotel stay.

summergirl

Hi Linda,

can look for Veronica, she is a nice lady.
fyi, hotel stay is only for prestige package. is at M Hotel & another 2 more to choose from but i can't remember...hehe

gentasg

Thanks ladies...

What do u all bargain for? After bargaining, can go back and think?

u all know how much we need as deposit?