Merchant Court Swissotel

C

corie

Hi RaeTan,

I am glad that you feel more assured now. Heard from my relatives that their service staffs have initiative. They will re-fill the drinks even before they empty the glasses. And the way they do it is very professional. They change the whole glass instead of pouring.

Dun worry about the march in. They will prompt you when to march in, what to do after you walk up to the stage etc etc. Basically, you will be guided through throughout the whole wedding. They will make sure you know what is going on at the banquet even when you are in the room changing into 2nd outfit.

YOu wun regret...just enjoy your day, ok?

raetan

hihi Corie,

Thks a lot.

BTW, how's their sound system? And when i change into my 2nd outfit, it will b in the bridal rm or is there a rm next to the ballroom?

ada

Hi Ladies,

I don't agree that MC is inflexible and down to earth like some brides here claimed.
I've just confirmed with them and they have given me most of the things I've bargained for.

Wishing all of us a wonderful wedding at MC.

C

corie

Hi RaeTan,

You have to return to your bridal suite to change. However, the banquet manager will always keep you update on like which course are they at now....keep prompting you etc etc...so that your dinner will not end late and your march in will be timed properly.

raetan

Thks, Corie.....
happy.gif

hope u dun find me too troublesome......

they r still using the bird cage theme?

C

corie

Hi RaeTan,

Thot u signed up with MC? Did you check with your hotel coordinator? When I had my wedding, think they are still using the bird cage theme....din really pay much attention to the theme...we pay more attention to the stage decor and the 2 VIP tables.

raetan

hehe
happy.gif
ya, signed up wif them since late oct n from some of the threads above, it seems MC r changing it's theme lor..... thks.

N

na

Hi all!

Me new here and MC BTB also. Signed up with Michael and i am quite glad i signed up after reading all your comments. So far, all of my friends who attended wedding dinners at MC love the food and service. i was told that the waiters will serve every dish, so it is like VIP treatment. So far, the ones that i went to that had such service was in Pan Pac. As for wine corkage, agree that it was too high. I was quoted first 12 bottles free but subsequent bottles will be $30 each. After bargaining, it was reduced to $15+++. As for seat covers, managed to get FOC even though i guarantee only 35 tables. This was really after much bargaining.

N

na

why nobody reply?? Sorry, didn't book with michael. It wasn't him who served me. Haven't even seen him yet. ; p

tin

Hi na,

don't think can get free seat covers. They are quite strict on this as merchant court is very popular and also they do not include seat cover cost in the package unlike some hotels.

Anyway, the food is really good and with the MRT, everything is just wonderful.

J

jo

Hi Gals,

I have also booked with MC in Jan 2003. My wedding is on 6 June this year. Tin, I also managed to get FOC for the seat covers for guaranteed 36 tables. I guess you have to really express your concern to your co-ordinator. Anyone request for a day room? I was told that it's only available upon that day's occupancy. Mine was Dominique but he has left, now is Jennifer. How is she? have not met her yet... any feedback?

Hi Corie, see you here too... have not been active in this thread as I was busy on the selection for the bridal studio...

C

corie

Hi Jo,

YOur wedding on weekend or weekday? I had requested for day-room but then they can't give me. Anyway, the suite has two bathrooms. For your info, I had 12 jie mei helping me plus my mother. It was enough room and time for all to wash up and get ready for dinner. I only arrived at hotel at 5pm cos I had church wedding. Dun think you will need a day room too. My helpers also had some rest too.

@

:@ piggy

Helo
May I know whether these dates are taken up for Merchant Court ?

1. 12/10/2003
2. 24/10/2003
3. 02/11/2003
4. 14/11/2003

And do u all know when the MRT station will be ready infront of the Hotel ? Thanks....

C

corie

Hi Piggy,

Why dun you try calling the hotel to the above info about the dates you are looking at?

according to the government, the NE line should be running by april 2003.

antares

hi, may I know does anybody know what are the rates like for holding a wedding dinner at Merchant Court on a sat. nite? Thks...
happy.gif

mcdull

Ya, piggy, you should call them and ask. We don't work there so we do not have their hotel schedules on hand.

Rate for holding a wedding dinner on a sat starts at $630+++.

chiffoncake

hi raetan
dunno whether u r still reading this thread, but if u r, can i ask wat u mng to bargain for the hi-tea reception?

i'm also planning a hi-tea reception there in sep 2003. dunno wat to ask for oso...

sept29

Hi all,
I had place a booking with merchant court for 29th Sept 03. Due to some unforeseen reason, we r thinking to postpone our wedding date. Anyone interested to take over our booking? U drop me a email @ [email protected]. Thanks.

chinnie

Hi, just wondering has anyone enquired about the rates for 2005? I heard that the price will increase by $20 for every year, true??

N

na

Hi Chinnie

It is better to book fast cos with the MRT up, they may increase their price more than $20...

Hi Tin,

Really managed to get seat covers. Was served by Dominic too but he left already...

bubbletea

Just checked with them. Prices for 2004 is up by $5 each package and plus 1 more percent for gst.
I was served by Jacy. She's a very sweet-tempered young lady.

Did anyone get extra free one or two nights stay? Is it at not so good room? How's the view?
Thanks!

cheers

FYI

the best wedding that could happen at MC is this coming sunday, 23rd... cos the assistant GM is getting married there. those interested may want to check out the decor/extras so that we could request frm our respective coordinators.

raetan

hi chiffoncake,

real sorry for late reply.........
sad.gif
and nt sure if it's too late......

i hv the usual as some of them here - FOC seat covers (if more than 36 tables), 1 nite stay (additional nite less 40%), choices of 2 types of invite cards (red & ivory) etc......

hope tis helps.....

chiffoncake

rae
thks for the reply. not too late cos i still hv not booked any package
happy.gif

unfortunatly i dun think i can get any FOC stuff as mine is about 15 tables only... anyway i'm still looking around to see wat better deals i can get. thks again for the info!

kaze

Hi everyone,

I am going to sign up for the MC weekend package for about 38 tables. Is it possible to get them to waive the seat cover charges ? what other things can we request for with MC???

N

na

yes, you can ask them to waive seat covers.

Anyone know what is the best rate for printing of the wedding cards?

N

na

Is the bridal suite nice? Anyone seen it? I didn't get to see as it was always occupied when i was there 2 times.

Y

yi

hi na,

the bridal suit of merchant court is nothing fanastic but trust me, the food and service of their staff offset that.

I'm an ex-MC bride and I'm really glad that I choose MC coz their service was fanastic. My guests commented that the food and service were GREAT!
happy.gif

H

ho

Hi All,

If I'm considering of postphoning the dinner to a later due to sars, will I pay a penalty? In the contract, it is stated that any postphonement within 1-3 mths requires me to fork out 20% of the guaranteed revenue. Is it really practiced?

- Troubled

bubbletea

Guess u just have to ask the coordinator and tell them of the situation. I heard wedding dinners during SARS period people still come. Life must still go on mah.. Depends also on postponing whether u'll find a date suitable, not easy and can book far far ahead to get a weekend, especially at MCH, 2004 also a number of weekends gone, unless u done mind weekdays. Hope it helps!

babydoll

Hi,
has anyone had their ROM lunch at Merchant Court ? (hi-tea buffet in the restaurant) any comments? any idea how much per pax? thanks

sandgirl72

Hi Babydoll..
i'm having our ROM hi-tea reception and solemnization at Merchant Court this coming Sat 3 May 2003.
happy.gif

the charge is $30+++ per pax...
happy.gif

babydoll

Hi Sandgirl,
congratulations !
r u having a private room? can you tell me who should i contact? are any drinks included? thanks

sandgirl72

Hi Babydoll..
thank U very much...

yes, they r giving us a function room...U can contact Martin (Catering Manager) at Tel: 6239 1811.. U can mention my name Sandy Chan...

coffee n tea.. and he is throwing in free flow of soft drinks for us.. cos we nearly booked our wedding banquet with them but our dates are not available lor...

hope the above info helps..
happy.gif

babydoll

Hi Sandgirl,

just called and Martin was away from his desk, so spoke to someone else. Cos my numbers are small so can't get function room, but thanks for your help anyway!

tulip

Hi,

For those who have signed up with MC, how's yr coordinators? Anyone to recommend? Friendly, niocea nd easy to accommodate to yr requests...

jazz

I was served by Jacy Lai. She is very patient and accomodating and she was very personal in her service. My fiance and I had a very pleasant time discussing eith her. =)

confuse

Hi,

can I know what special request have you all make to your coordinator? did they really apply for your requests? sori for being so lor soh :p as I don't really know what to ask or not to ask for lor, scared they will think I'm very troublesome.
Thank you in advance. Cheer...............

cheers

hi confuse,

whatever requests that u have, feel free to ask them when u meet up with them. it'll be a give and take situation. try to compromise with them. they also have some restrictions on their side too. i went with my MIL and she was quite effective in demanding this and that, we didn't force him to give in to us..but asked him to see what he can do abt our requests.
tentatively book with them 1st b4 you decide with them!

blackburn

hi,

My wedding dinner will be at Merchant Court in June. For those who recently have their wedding dinners at MC or who will be having their dinners soon at MC, can you please share with me what precautionary measures (in view of SARS threat) you have taken or will be taking for your dinner?

My spouse and I intend to set up a booth at the entrance of the foyer to take attendance and temperatures of guests (will be buying disposable oral strip types) before entering the foyer. Has anyone tried this? Will this cause a big bottleneck crowd at the entrance, and delay the dinner start time? Will assistance be provided by the hotel to help take guests' temperatures?

Also, do you have to meet up with the hotel coordinator before the dinner to discuss the details for the dinner?

Thanks.

cheers

hi blackburn,

my suggestion to you is to buy a ear thermometer, stk up on the plastic sheaths instead. oral type is too unhygenic to be shared even if u've got the plastic sheath. borrow 2 others frm frens/relatives to cater to the large crowd.
you could DIY stickers with u and ur husband's names, wedding date and write dwn the temperature on the sticker. perhaps u shld spend a little on getting a nice silver/gold sticker, else it'll look ugly when everybody are dressed so nicely for ur big day.
i doubt it'll cause a bottleneck as u shld begin doing it during the cocktail session. get ur helper to ensure that each person who enters the ballroom has got a sticker...those who dun will juz proceed to the reception table to get his/her temperature checked..which by now the queue wld have eased.

meanwhile, i'll try my best to ask my customer who's working there..what's their SARS precautionary measures.

black_monster

Hi blackburn,

i happened to see ur postiong though i m not a M Hotel bride. My weddg was on 10thMay03 @ M Hotel. However jus tot i might b able to give u some advice cos we arranged for guest temp to be taken & everythg went on smoothly. We were even featured on Channel U news & Sin Ming Papers e next day for our initiative & precationary measures.

1st, our Hotel will v kind to loan us 4pcs ear thermometers & set up a counter b4 e recep(aft knowg tat e media will b thr)but they do not provide e manpower.
2nd, we had 4 of our helpers to help us. 2 will take temp while e other 2 clean e ear probe w disposable alcohol swaps. The two front helpers passed the devices to the two behind in exchange for the other two disinfected thermometers.
3rd, we oso had a "contact bowl" for our guest to drop their name cards so that we can contact them asap if neccessary thou we shld have their contacts.
4th, we used 2 types of stickers. Gold hearts for e Groom & Bride, Helpers, our immediate families & close relatives. The rest of the guest were given orange stickers. I luv e idea of Cheers on e "self-design" stickers.

More info:
- pls dun think that cleang e ear probe w alchol swap is unhygiene, it's an "allowable practice" as e swaps r individually wrapped & our helpers wore gloves. Alot of MNC r doing that to their vistors as cost of ear probe aside, they are oso out of stock.
- We paid $15 for 100pcs of swaps but u better buy early cos they r oso always out of stock & my fren onli manged to buy 100pcs. The rest we bot from e "SARS PROTECT" pack tat inclues 10surgical mask & 20swaps cost $6.90/pack.
-We onli paid abt $80 in total but feedback fr our guests were great. They say though they dun mind not having temp taken as e SARS situation is under control in spore but such measures definately set their mind at ease & enjoy themselves during their dinner. They oso wont b too paraniod if someone in e banquet coughs.
-Jus make sure that thr r sufficient thermometers so tat dinner wont b delayed & guest no need wait too long
-Get v realiable helpers...

Hope u'll find e info helpful. Oh, btw, we dun record down e temp. Every1 that's given sticker is deem to b not having fever

elaine77

Hi everyone,

Im interested to held my wedding banquet at merchant court hotel next yr end, i like thier ballroom, very big and no pillars around. I would like to find out how much is thier weekday and weekend package.

cheers

hi elaine77,

congrats on ur upcoming wedding next yr..
pls check the packages directly frm merchant court, as rates will differ every year.

elaine77

Hi cheers,

Thanks, i have just call them up, they have emailed me the wedding banquet package. The price is valid til aug'03 unless i want to make an advanced booking and pay $20 for each table. Hmm.. im just worried the price will go up by next year.

Yi, do you have any pics of yr wedding dinner to share with me, i want to take a look at the ballroom setting.. thanks