Master David Tong's Advice Corner (Geomancy and Fengshui)

xkate

Hi xkate

Based on chinese belief and culture, we dont get married in leap month

Oh no. Does that mean that 13 Aug 2017 is a no go? We have already placed the deposit with the hotel :(( Our ROM will be on 12 Dec 2016 though. I hope this date is at least good? For your kind advice pls. Thank you!!

Groom- 1984 Rat
Bride - 1989 Dragon

Hanarisa

Hi Master Tong,

Me & my partner are planning to ROM/AD wedding banquet in end 2017 or early 2018.
We are looking at the following dates:
1) 5-5-2018
2) 25-11-2017
3) 11-11-2017
4) 19-11-2017
5) 26-11-2017

Please advise the preferred date(s) and any timing we should adhere to?

Details below using english dates:

Bride: 11 Nov 1988 (Dragon)
Groom: 25 Mar 1987 (Rabbit)

Bride's Mother: Dog/Rooster 1958
Bride's Father: Rooster 1957
Bride's elder bro: Snake 1977
Bride's elder bro: Dog 1982

Groom's Mother: Rat 1960
Groom's Father: Dog/Rooster 1958
Groom's Twin Sisters: Dog 1994

Many thanks!

twin-one

Dear Master Tong,

I'm planning to get marry in 2017. no preference on the month, any sat will be good as long as it suit us.

Please advise and time that we should adhere to?

Details below using English dates:

Bride: 16 Oct 1984 (Rat)
Groom: 19 Nov 1987 (Rabbit)

Bride's Mother: Pig 1959
Bride's Father: Dragon 1952
Bride's twin sister: Rat 1984

Groom's Mother: Dog 1956
Groom's Father: rooster 1957
Groom elder sister: pig 1983
Groom brother: monkey 1992

Thank you so much for your help.

Clover89

Hi Master Tong,

Using English Dates:

Bride: 1989 (Snake)
Groom: 1987 (Rabbit)

Bride’s Father: Jan 1957 (Monkey)
Bride’s Mother: Jan 1960 (Pig)
Bride’s Brother: 1991 (Goat)

Groom’s Father: 1955 (Goat)
Groom’s Mother: 1959 (Pig)

Appreciate your advice on the followings:
1. Would 2017 or 2018 be better for marriage (rom/ wedding)?
2. How about ROM in 2017 and actual day in 2018?
3. If 2017 is good for ROM, any good dates in general?

Thank you!!

Yi ling

Dear master tong

We are looking at having our Chinese banquet in 2017/2018:

Bride: 28th June 1987 (rabbit)
Groom: 02nd Feb 1990 (horse)
Bride's Mother: 14th July 1965 (snake)
Bride's Father: 20th march 1960 (rat)
Groom's Mother: 28th nov 1957 (rooster)
Groom's Father: 15th oct 1955 (sheep)
All dates are dated as per English calendar

Is it true that 2017 is a bad year for rabbit to get married?

I have the following available dates for 2017, can you let me know which dates are the better ones:

11/06
18/06
08/10
15/10
29/10
10/12

And I actually agreed to attend 2 weddings 02/11 and 23/12 of 2017, does this means that if if the better dates are in oct and dec of 2017 I shouldn't attend their wedding? Looking forward to your reply.

Mi5sy

Oh no. Does that mean that 13 Aug 2017 is a no go? We have already placed the deposit with the hotel :(( Our ROM will be on 12 Dec 2016 though. I hope this date is at least good? For your kind advice pls. Thank you!!

Groom- 1984 Rat
Bride - 1989 Dragon

Oh no, I was given this date for AD! How ah?

Yi ling

Actually I have placed my banquet order on 13th August 2017 and paid the deposit. So when I came to know that 13th August was a leap month I also panic. But according to the calendar think 13th August is a tong Shu day. Btw what does ad means?

Mi5sy

Actually I have placed my banquet order on 13th August 2017 and paid the deposit. So when I came to know that 13th August was a leap month I also panic. But according to the calendar think 13th August is a tong Shu day. Btw what does ad means?

AD means actual day. I am still looking around for a venue. Are you going ahead with it?

Yi ling

AD means actual day. I am still looking around for a venue. Are you going ahead with it?
Looks like all the good days are filled for that hotel. Because I was looking at July and August. Out of the 4 dates available, I understood that none was good as the last August date available was the ghost month. I have confirmed with the hotel and they said I could have a change in date if I want as Long as the ballroom is available. When you said u are given the ad as 13th August do u mean u went to another Feng shui master?

Mi5sy

Looks like all the good days are filled for that hotel. Because I was looking at July and August. Out of the 4 dates available, I understood that none was good as the last August date available was the ghost month. I have confirmed with the hotel and they said I could have a change in date if I want as Long as the ballroom is available. When you said u are given the ad as 13th August do u mean u went to another Feng shui master?

My mum went to consult someone and she came home to tell me. Said to be best date, until I saw your post and now I'm confused.

xkate

I'm equally confused!! We have yet to contact our hotel on any possible change in dates though.. hopefully they allow! Wana hear from Master Tong first. Have you also placed your deposit alrdy?

xkate

My HTB and myself were looking at July and Aug too! And 13 Aug was apparently the better date given.. are you going ahead to change your AD?

Yi ling

My HTB and myself were looking at July and Aug too! And 13 Aug was apparently the better date given.. are you going ahead to change your AD?
Actually if possible I would want to go ahead with 13th August 2017 one. Since deposits are placed. But seemed my my htb's Mother emphasised that it's not a good date kind of disturbed me. She went to her Feng shui master with the following dates: 02/07/17, 30/07/17, 13/08/17 and 27/08/17. But was told all was not good. Hais, I m equally confused and not sure what to do. But rabbit fan tai Swee in 2017 so the good dates confirm is limited. And I have agreeed to attend 2 weddings in nov and end dec :(

Littlebear84

Dear Master Tong,

Planning to have our ROM in 2017 Please advice which date is preferred 13th Feb,
25th Feb,
27th Feb,
21st Mar,
24th Mar
and the timing I should adhere to?

Our details as follows in English dates:

Bride: 13 Mar 1984 (Rat)
Groom: 04 Jun 1984 (Rat)

Bride's Mother: 1954 (Horse)
Bride's Father: 1954 (Horse)

Groom's Mother: Rooster 1957
Groom's Father: Rooster 1945 (deceased)

Appreciate your help! Hope to hear from you soon! Many Thanks in advance.

Mi5sy

I'm equally confused!! We have yet to contact our hotel on any possible change in dates though.. hopefully they allow! Wana hear from Master Tong first. Have you also placed your deposit alrdy?

I have not found a venue yet actually. My mum ask someone to look at the tong shu and said this is the best date. My aunt said that she asked around for us and it is fine to go ahead.

So, anyone going ahead??

Yi ling

I have not found a venue yet actually. My mum ask someone to look at the tong shu and said this is the best date. My aunt said that she asked around for us and it is fine to go ahead.

So, anyone going ahead??
Anyway Mi5sy, 13th August could be a ok day for you since they will also look at baizi of your htb and you plus both side of your parents. I have changed my dates to 29th oct because my to be Mother in law went to consult Someone and Said thats the best date out of the available ones i provided her to choose. Luckily the hotel allowed me to change and I was very grateful to them too :)

xkate

So, anyone going ahead??

Not sure yet.. it depends on my mum actually! wana hear from Master Tong first too!:)

xkate

Anyway Mi5sy, 13th August could be a ok day for you since they will also look at baizi of your htb and you plus both side of your parents. I have changed my dates to 29th oct because my to be Mother in law went to consult Someone and Said thats the best date out of the available ones i provided her to choose. Luckily the hotel allowed me to change and I was very grateful to them too :)

Yea hopefully 13th Aug is really a good date for both Mi5sy and myself!
And good to hear that you have made up your mind and changed to a more suitable date! You will have more time to plan for your wedding too! :)

Mi5sy

Not sure yet.. it depends on my mum actually! wana hear from Master Tong first too!:)

Yea hopefully 13th Aug is really a good date for both Mi5sy and myself!
And good to hear that you have made up your mind and changed to a more suitable date! You will have more time to plan for your wedding too! :)

@Yi ling , glad that the hotel able to let you change. happy for you! onward to more planning! :)

@xkate , i'm actually ok with the date but apparently it is also a hot date! ):

Hi Master Tong,

Actually we have settled our dates on 20may 2017, please advise what can we do if the date is not good for us.

Candy
Hi Master Tong,

Good day to you.
We would like to check if it is ok to hold our ROM,together with wedding dinner on the same day on 20May 2017.

Below are the details:

Bride: 07 Oct 1988 (Dragon)
Bride dad: 24 Nov 1956 (Monkey)
Bride mum: 16 Dec 1960 (Rat)

Groom: 21 Jul 1988 (Dragon)
Groom dad: 02 Sep 1952 (Dragon)
Bride mum: 22 Feb 1954 (Horse)

Our birth dates stated are as per english calendar.
Many thanks in advance:)

WMKD

Hi Master Tong,

Based on our zodiac is 20 May 17 good for the AD? How or are there better weekends in Jun and Jul?

Our details as follows:

Bride: 1989 (Dragon)
Groom: 1986 (Tiger)

Bride's Mother: 1960 (Rat)
Bride's Father: 1958 (Dog)

Groom's Mother: 1959 (Pig)
Groom's Father: 1955 (Sheep)

Many thanks in advance!

WMKD

Hi Master Tong,

Based on our zodiac is 20 May 17 good for the AD? How or are there better weekends in Jun and Jul?

Our details as follows:

Bride: 1989 (Dragon)
Groom: 1986 (Tiger)

Bride's Mother: 1960 (Rat)
Bride's Father: 1958 (Dog)

Groom's Mother: 1959 (Pig)
Groom's Father: 1955 (Sheep)

Many thanks in advance!

Hi Master Tong

To add on, is 25 Jun 17 a good day as well? Thank you!

Xiaohuibebe

Dear Master Tong,

We're holding our solemnization & wedding lunch on the same 21st May 2017. Will it be a auspicious date for both of us as I have seen lunar calendar, it is inauspicious for wedding. :(

Detail as follows (English birth dates):

Bride: 20 May 1988 (Dragon)
Groom: 03 April 1987 (Rabbit)

Looking forward to your advice, thank you!

Livia Tan

Hi Master Tong,

I am looking to hold my solemisation+wedding either in Sep-Oct 17 (on a Sat). Can you advise on a good date? is sep 23 and oct 18 2017 a good date? Here are our details

Bride: 25 oct 1989 (snake)
Bride's Mum: 1 sep 1967 (sheep)
Bride's Dad: 8 aug 1958 (dog)
Bride's Sis: sheep

Groom: 22 oct 1988 (dragon)
Groom's Mum: 10 nov 1963 (rabbit)
Groom's Dad: 13 sep 1960 (rat)
Groom's Bro: rabbit
groom's sisters: monkey, rat

thanks!

qmjlweds

Hi Master Tong,

My fiancé and I are looking at booking a wedding lunch in dec 2017
Could you kindly advise us on:
(1) whether 17 dec 2017 is a good day for AC, if not other suggestions in the month
(2) suitable dates and timings for GDL and ROM for sept-dec
(3) timings for FTB

Our details are as follows:

Groom: 1985 (Ox)
Groom's Mum: 1956 (Monkey)
Groom's Dad: 1953 (Dragon)

Bride: 1986 (Tiger)
Bride's Mum: 1959 (Dog)
Bride's Dad: 1954 (Horse)

Thank you!

Ocean29

Hi Master Tong,

We would like to check a good date/ month for wedding for 2017 or 2018.

Bride : Aug 1989 (snake)
Bride Dad: Sept 1961 (Ox)
Bride Mum: May 1962 ( Tiger)

Groom: March 1989 (snake)
Groom Dad : April 1959 (pig)
Groom Mum: April 1959 (pig)

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you

Erikomj

Hi Master Tong,

We would like to have our ROM between Oct-Dec this year, 2017. Kindly advise suitable dates for ROM & GDL, both weekdays or weekends are fine with us. I heard that 2017 rooster year is not good for Rabbit and 2018 dog year is not good for Dragon. So does that mean it's not a good year to get married in 2017 & 2018?

Details as follows:

Bride: Rabbit 1987
Groom: Dragon 1988

Bride's Mother: Snake 1953
Bride's Father: Tiger 1950 (Deceased)

Groom's Mother: Snake 1965
Groom's Father: Rooster 1957 (Deceased)

Thank you.

cmg_consulting

Hi Yi ling

2017 clash rabbit,hence 2018 is better

Leap mth is like 7th mth, it is a chinese belief not to get married in those mth, not feng shui.but in 1st place 2017 is not gd yr for rabbit to hold wedding

Erikomj

Hi Erikomj

yes, 2017 and 2018 clash to both of u, not gd for rom and wedding. 2019 will be better
Hi Master Tong,

Many thanks for the advice. However, as we are getting our BTO this year, we have to ROM this year.

Is there any good dates that we can ROM that can reduce the clash?

Details as follows:

Bride: Rabbit 1987
Groom: Dragon 1988

Bride's Mother: Snake 1953
Bride's Father: Tiger 1950 (Deceased)

Groom's Mother: Snake 1965
Groom's Father: Rooster 1957 (Deceased)

Thank you.