Master David Tong's Advice Corner (Geomancy and Fengshui)

denias

Hi Master Tong,

We would appreciate if you could advise us suitable dates for our wedding in 30/5, 6/6, 3/7, 10/10 or 21/11?

Below are our details:
Groom: ox(1985)
Groom's dad: dog
Groom's mum: tiger

Bride: mouse (1984)
Bride's dad: rabbit
Bride's mum: ox

thank you!

felix_lim

Hi Master Tong,

You have mentioned in one of your posts that 27th Nov 09 is not a good date for marriage. Is this based on Tong Shu selection or based on the animal sign of the groom and the bride? Will there be an exception if we use Bazi analysis to select this date?

My fiancee and i went to see a fengshui master and he have picked up three dates for us which are 25th Oct 09, 15th Nov 09 and 27th Nov 09. He has requested us to give him our BAZI.

Below are our details:
Groom: monkey (1980)
Groom's dad: tiger
Groom's mum: rabbit

Bride: monkey (1980)
Bride's dad: ox
Bride's mum: snake

If the date (27th Nov 09) is Ok, can you advise the auspicious time I should fetch the bride and the time to complete the tea ceremony.

The fengshui master has told us to serve tea at the bride's house and then the groom's house. Is he correct? Normally i see the groom bring the bride to his parents house to serve tea first.

Would appreciate if you take your precious time to answer my queries.

cmg_consulting

Hi Sasa,

10 July 2010 - Doesn't clash to anyone
18 Sep 2010 - Doesn't clash to anyone

These 2 dates don't clash. Doesn't mean it is good yet as the Bazi is not taken into consideration.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi hellogirl,

8 Oct 2010 - Clash to Rooster. Cannot use.
10 Oct 2010 - Not a good day for wedding
20 Nov 2010 - Clash to Dragon. Cannot use.
28 Nov 2010 - Clash to Rat. Cannot use.
10 Dec 2010 - Very bad day for wedding. Clash to Rat. Cannot use

Hence all these dates cannot be used.

Hope this helps in your initial round of filtering the dates
happy.gif

12 Dec 2010
18 Dec 2010

cmg_consulting

Hi dreamz,

To be frank, it is a bit late to do bookings for 2009 or early 2010 dates now. General Tong Shu auspicious weekend dates are almost impossible unless you do lunch or weekdays dinner. In fact, I 've already beginning to do date selections for year 2011 now for clients. Nowadays, bookings of hotels and date selections is done about 1.5 years ahead of your customary wedding. I started selecting for 2010 dates as early as last time around this time.

It is NOT true that Tiger year is a bad year for marriage. That is a superstition. I've written a thread on it in this forum. You might want to do a search and read about it in that thread why i said so. So long as you are not born in the yr of the Monkey, it doesn't clash with the tiger year. All you need is a good date and time.

Some general dates you can use and don't clash are:

2009:

- 01/12, 05/12, 11/12, 13/12, 17/12, 23/12, 29/12,

2010:

- 07/01, 19/01, 20/01,31/01

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Joey,

Yes ROM is VERY important. That is the day both of you legally become husband and wife. So clashes etc is to be avoided. I will advise you to change this date as it is not good.

This is the Qi governing the day. Once it clashes, it clashes. You cannot do anything to resolve it. The best solution is to change the date while you can since you haven't register for ROM yet as you can only do so 3 mths before.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Kit Kat,

That day is not an ideal day for wedding. I know it is a general Tong Shu auspicious day, but the "purpose" of the day is wrong. But if both your Bazi are compatible with the day, you can still get by it (though it is not the best to choose from).

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Joyce,

You can use the 0700-0859hrs as well. This is also a good timing, but the 9am one is even better.

The sign that clash with the day is Tiger.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Ducky,

The actual Qing Ming day is on the 5th April. But nowadays, people tend to avoid weddings about 1wk to 10 days before the Qing Ming month. Therefore, technically speaking, it is not Qing Ming yet. And furthermore, whether if it is Qing Ming or 7th month, you can still get married in. It will not impact your marriage. It is our chinese beliefs that we should not get married during this period. Authentic date selection doesn't take into account Chinese culture or beliefs.

So long as both of you and your parents are comfortable with it, you can carry on with your wedding. However, as far as i know, most parents give a No No answer.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Scrumpy,

Of course the ideal solution is to hold everything this yr or in 2011. In this way, you will avoid the Tiger clash for both ROM and AD.

Unless you really have no choice or subjected to constaints, the next best alternative will be to ROM in 2009 and AD in 2010. At least your ROM is carried out in a good year. But having said that, as i mentioned, the most ideal solution is still avoid Tiger yr if possible
happy.gif

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi spqing17,

Auspicious timing for fetch the bride will be 0700hrs - 0859hrs.

The groom will step into your house at 7am, fetch you to his home, and complete tea ceremony to his parents by 8.59am. After which, going back to your new home or t your parents home for tea ceremony is not within this timing. There is no need a timing for this. After tea ceremony at groom's home, it will be "free & easy"
happy.gif

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Virtual,

This date is NOT considered good date yet. It may not be a general tong shu auspicios date coz the Tong shu is not out yet. And it is not checked against the Bazi yet as well. So this date only ensures it doesn't clash to your. Only the first round of filtering.

The timing for this day will be 0700hrs - 0859hrs. Zodiac to avoid will be Snake.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

ducky81

Hello Master Tong,

Thanks for explaination.
happy.gif

Understand from 1 of your post that next year is nt a good year to get married for Monkey. But if I ROM this year, will it still counts?

Can u help to advice is there any dates that are good for us in the month of March next year? (preferably on weekend)

Below are our details:
Groom: Horse (1978)
Groom's dad: Dradon
Groom's mum: Snake

Bride: Monkey (1981 Jan)
Bride's dad: Rat (1948)
Bride's mum: Tiger(1950)

Thanks again!

cancerox3787

Hello Master Tong,

My Husband to be was born in September 30, 1963 as i knew he is a Water-Rabbit, and I am born in July 8, 1973 Water-Ox. We are planning to get married next year 2010, maybe January or February.

Is it a good year for us to get married? What would be the suitable month and day?

I would really appreciate your kind advince.

Thank you so much.

cmg_consulting

Hi Yucai,

25-Sep 2010 - Doesn't clash to anyone
23-Oct 2010 - Clash to Rat. Cannot use.
11-Dec 2010 - Not a god day for wedding.

Hence only 25/9 doesn't clash to anyone. Whether if it is a good date or not, the Bazi will have to be taken into consideration. For general tong shu dates, the Tong Shu will only be out sometimes in Jul/Aug period. Only then i can advise you on general good dates for 2010

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Indri,

For 2010 dates:

30/5 - Clash to Dog. Cannot use
6/6 - Doesn't clash to anyone
3/7 - Doesn't clash to anyone
10/10 - Not a good day for wedding
21/11 - Doesn't clash to anyone

Whether if it is a good date or not, the Bazi will have to be taken into consideration. For general tong shu dates, the Tong Shu will only be out sometimes in Jul/Aug period. Only then i can advise you on general good dates for 2010

Hope this helps

cmg_consulting

Hi Felix,

27th Nov 09 is listed in the tong shu as "good for wedding" But there is an additional factor to consider besides that. If you look into the tong shu, that day is a "Chu" day. That tells you the purpose of the day. So in this case, "Chu" is meant for quitting a bad habit, sack someone etc etc. So the purpose is not correct for wedding. So ideally that day should not be used if given a choice. I won't choose this date. But if the date is compatible with the Bazi, that day still can be used (though not the best due to the reason i mentioned).

It's strange that how come timing is not provided.

Anyway, the time to fetch the bride will be 0900hrs - 1059hrs.

The procedure is not correct. The standard/traditional way of doing is that the groom will step into the bride's home at 9am, fetch her to your home and complete the tea ceremony by 10.59am. After which, you will go back to your new home, or to her parent's home for tea ceremony. This is not within the 2 hrs timing. The tea ceremony is normally done at the groom's home first, then back to the bride's home for tea ceremony.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

hellogirl

Hi Master Tong,

Thanks for your advice. However, I remember you mentioned in one of your post saying that 12 Dec 2010 is a very bad day for wedding. so does it still suit us since generally is a bad day for wedding?

ycyao22

Hi Master Tong,

Thanks a lot for your advise. Unfortunately I've just got to know that the hotels i've shortlisted no longer have 25th Sep 2010 available. Looks like end of next year is a really hot period. Could you advise if these alternative dates are "good" enuff to host the wedding: 20-Nov-2010 and 18-Dec-2010.

Just to recap:
Groom: Rooster
Groom's dad: Goat
Groom's mum: Rat

Bride: Pig
Bride's dad: Horse
Bride's mum: Tiger

Thank you very much!

cherlyna

Hi Master Tong, my fiance (born in the year of the Ox) and I (born in the year of the Pig) are intending to ROM on 18/6/2010. Is that a good date generally? Thank you for your advice.

lovers0206

Hi Master Tong, my hubby & I planned to have our customary wedding next year end or early 2011 as we'll only get the keys to our new flat during between 1st-2nd quarter of 2011. Heard alot about the Tiger year is not suitable for wedding, can you please advise some good dates for us?

Groom: Horse (1978 Nov)/ Bride: Monkey (1980 Aug)

rachel_fu

Hi Master Tong,

My fiance and I plan to have our customary wedding on 23 Jan 2010 or 6 Feb 2010. Heard that tiger year is not ideal for wedding so is 6 Feb 2010 already in tiger year lunar calendar already? Is 23 Jan 2010 better than 6 Feb 2010 for us? Many thanks!

Groom: Mouse (1972)
Bride: Rooster (1969)

carebears

Hi Master Tong,

My HTB & I plan to have our customary wedding soon but bcoz my mum has just passed away 9 days before this yr CNY in Jan. Kindly advise whether it is better for us to have AD early next yr before CNY or to marry in the tiger yr (coz abit hard to find a wkend wedding banquet within tis short timeframe)? We had our ROM already or it is better that we need to wait till 3 yrs to have our AD?

Also, as my dad is a Tiger and me a Dragon, he advised us to marry within the 9 days in Feb 2010, it is a must?

Below are our details:
Groom: Snake (1977)
Groom's dad: Goat (1943)
Groom's mum: Dog (1946)

Bride: Dragon(1976)
Bride's dad: Tiger (1950)
Bride's mum (deceased): Dragon(1952)

Appreciate your advice. Thank you so much!

cmg_consulting

Hi hellogirl,

I miss out the last 2 dates of yours the other time. So here it is:

12 Dec 2010 - Very bad day for wedding. You cannot use this date as well. This is bad day for everyone. Bazi cannot override this.
18 Dec 2010 - Doesn't clash to anyone. (clash to Monkey).

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Ducky,

If you ROM this year, of course it will be better than if you are to ROM and AD next yr coz ROM is more important. However, if possible, i will still advise you to carry out your AD either in 2009 or 2011. Though AD is just a traditional process, I will still advise you not to hold it in 2010 unless you really have no choice. What do it on a bad year when you have a choice to choose from?

As for 2010 dates, as much as i want to help you in the area of general good dates, the Tong Shu is not out yet, so i will not know or be able to select general Tong Shu auspicious date for wedding for 2010 yet. Right now, the only way and also the right and accurate way of doing it will be using Bazi to select dates. FYI, a date reflected auspicious in the Tong Shu may still be bad for both of you if the date chosen is not compatible wtih both your Bazi.

As for Bazi wedding dates selection, it is part of my consultation service to my clients, hence i can't provide it here free in the forum or it will be unfair to my clients who paid for my service. Hope you understand.

If you have any particular date in mind, just post it here. I can advise you if it is a bad day as there are some days that are definitely bad and cannot be used for marriage; and some days that will clash to either of you or your parents, so cannot be used as well.

cmg_consulting

Hi Maria,

To see if it is a good or bad year for marriage, the whole Bazi has to be taken into account, but this is part of my consultation service, so i cannot provide it here. Hope you understand.

However, generally so long as you are not born in the year of the Goat (for Jan 2010 - still considered an Ox year) or Monkey, you will be fine so long as an auspicious date and time is chosen for your marriage.

To give you the dates for 2010 Jan general Tong shu auspicious dates, i will need your parent's animal signs as well.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Yucai,

Yes you are correct. End next year from Oct - Dec, the weekend dates are very hot in many hotels. Probably by the time the Tong Shu is released in next 2 mths time, a large percentage of it might be already booked.

For your dates, here are the analysis:

20-Nov-2010 - Not a good day for wedding
18-Dec-2010 - Doesn't clash to any of you

So only 18/12 doesn't clash to anyone. I cannot tell you if it wil be a general Tong Shu auspicious date yet coz as you know, the Tong Shu is not out. The only way to do it is to use Bazi to determine if that will be a date specifically good for both of you. If it is, only then it can be used.

Hope this helps.

cmg_consulting

Hi lover2o2o6,

Not to worry. you can get married in the Tiger yr so long as you are not born in the year of the Monkey (unless otherwise your Bazi says you cannot do so).

The reason why some elderly said that it is not good to get married in Tiger yr is because of the "characteristics" associated with Tiger..Tiger being fierce etc etc. And also 2010 is a "Mang Nian" or "Blind Year". I've explained what is Mang Nian in a previous thread. Anyway, there is no logic or basis in all these "urban legends". If every single person that gets married in the Tiger yr gets divorce, then yes, Tiger yr is a bad yr for marriage. But the truth is, there are many that are living happily ever after. Authentic date selection is independent of all these Chinese culture, traditions, beliefs and superstition.

I know some may be thinking Dragon yr is probably the best year for marriage. But what if i say Dragon is not a good year? Coz Dragon can fly and your spouse may fly away with someone else? You get what i mean. It all depends on how and what you want to say. There is no logical reason for all these beliefs.

Hope this clarifies your doubts about the Tiger year.

As for 2010 dates, as much as i want to help you in the area of general good dates, the Tong Shu is not out yet, so i will not know or be able to select general Tong Shu auspicious date for wedding for 2010 yet. Right now, the only way and also the right and accurate way of doing it will be using Bazi to select dates. FYI, a date reflected auspicious in the Tong Shu may still be bad for both of you if the date chosen is not compatible wtih both your Bazi.

As for Bazi wedding dates selection, it is part of my consultation service to my clients, hence i can't provide it here free in the forum or it will be unfair to my clients who paid for my service. Hope you understand.

If you have any particular date in mind, just post it here. I can advise you if it is a bad day as there are some days that are definitely bad and cannot be used for marriage; and some days that will clash to either of you or your parents, so cannot be used as well.

cmg_consulting

Hi Rachael,

As i explained in the thread above this, you CAN get married in Tiger year. Who says Tiger year is a bad year for marriage? There is no logic and basis for this. Every year also can get married in, unless your Bazi says that it is not a good year for you or your animal signs clash. Otherwise, it is ok.

Yes 6th Feb is already in the Tiger year.

For your dates:

23 Jan 2010 - General Tong Shu good day for wedding. Doesn't clash anyone. Can be used if you are only after a general good date (note it can still be deemed inauspicious if the date is not compatible with the Bazi).

6 Feb 2010 - Not a general Tong Shu good date for wedding.

Hence 23rd Jan will be better. If you haven't book, you better book now coz this date will be very hot!

cmg_consulting

Hi Angie,

Normally, if someone close to you pass away, you have to get married within 100 days or 1 year later (some still practice 3 years but this is very long as i don't think many people can wait this long...and what if by then another person pass away? you have to wait another 3 years? Doesn't make sense...). 1 year will be more than sufficient, as a mark of respect for the person who passed away. Hence the answer to your question will be very straightforward. You can get married 1 year later, anytime
happy.gif
Tiger year is fine so long as neither of you are born in the year of the Monkey.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

felix_lim

Hi Master Tong,

Thank you so much for your advice.

The fengshui master that we have consulted did give us a timing for the date but is very early. He has given us 5am to 7am as the auspicious time to fetch the bride. He mentioned that we need to complete the whole ceremony within 2hrs which start from the bride house first and later the groom's house. We felt that it is strange to reverse the order of serving tea and also very rush as we are staying a distance from each other.

We feel so much at ease after seeing your reply, thank you so much for your advice again.

spqing17

Hi Master Tong,

Thank you for your reply! I actually have a slight problem.

My parents will want to have tea ceremony at the bride's house after the groom have stepped into the bride's house. Meaning which, the sequence will be:

1) Groom reach bride house and step into house
2) Tea ceremony for Bride's side
3) Move on to Groom's house
4) Tea ceremony for Groom's side
5) Bride to return to Bride's house
6) Groom and Bride to go new house

Can you please advise the timing based on the above instead? I think this is an unusual arrangement. =( So different from whats common! =((

rachel_fu

Master Tong,

Is it true that if there is a wedding in the family as in brother or sister getting married, then its better to avoid having another wedding within the next 4 months from the 1st Wedding?

Many thanks!

vitamincc18

Master Tong,
When come to selecting ROM solemizer (ROM/AD on same day), for eg, AD clashes with Rat, is it true that we should avoid getting solemizer who is born in the Rat year?

ducky81

Hi Master Tong,
Thanks for ur reply...

2009 will be too rush for us and 2011 is too long... :p

These are the dates that I have on mind:
27 & 28 March 2010 (1st choice)
20 & 21 March 2010
13 March
6 & 7 March 2010
27 or 28 Feb 2010

So sorry for the so many questions & posts...

Thanks once again!

carebears

Thanks Master Tong,

Appreciate if you help to check what are the generally good dates for us between Dec 2009 to Mar 2010.

Below are our details again:
Groom: Snake (1977)
Groom's dad: Goat (1943)
Groom's mum: Dog (1946)

Bride: Dragon(1976)
Bride's dad: Tiger (1950)
Bride's mum (deceased): Dragon(1952)

Thanks alot!

carebears

Hi Ms Rachel Fu,

Can help to unblock your private msg? Me need to check something w u off this thread. Thx!

Apologies, Master Tong, to disturb this thread
happy.gif

cherlyna

Hi Master Tong, sorry for the inadequate info. Here there are again:

Bride: Pig
Bride's mom and dad: Goat

Groom: Ox
Groom's mom: Snake
Groom's dad: Rabbit

Is it ok for us to ROM on either 06/06/2010 or 18/06/2010? Thanks for your advice!

cmg_consulting

Hi Rachel Fu,

You are welcome
happy.gif
Remember the Bazi is not checked against yet, hence technically those dates cannot be considered good dates yet.

For siblings, it should be 1 year apart (not 4 months). Some 'cheat' by doing it in 2 different calendar year coz they cannot wait that long.

Hope this helps

cmg_consulting

Hi spqing17,

Yes this is an unusual arrangement. Normally the procedure is like this:

1) Groom fetch bride at bride's house
2) Return to groom's house for tea ceremony & maybe some breakfast
3) Return to new home, walk one round, take some pics, change into your tea dress there if you want to
4) Return to bride's house for tea ceremony and have lunch
5) Back to hotel

Since this is just a tradition, it really depends on the comfort level between you and your spouse, and also the groom's parents. Most groom's parents may not like it this way and this may sometimes cause unhappiness between parents of both sides even before marriage.

I will need the date in order to give you the timing.