Marina Mandarin Singapore

hamhambijou

hi ladies,

we had our wedding dinner at MM on 9 Nov, and we're really happy that the entire process went very smoothly and we had a very pleasant and positive experience with the hotel, and our guests enjoyed the event very much.

our coordinator was Christine, and part of the reason why hubby and i chose MM (apart from liking the food as we tried it at previous weddings we attended, and the generous perks offered) was because we were able to click with her from our first meeting.

for the past 1 year of the planning process, Christine has been nothing but friendly, enthusiastic and professional during our interactions. she guided us on timelines, advised us on steps to take if we were not able to meet the minimum number of tables required for the grand ballroom, provided value-added suggestions in relation to our feedback for the food tasting,and to top it off, she has been proactively contacting us throughout! we did not need to chase her for responses, and she would sometimes even respond to our emails late at night. and we also really appreciated the fact that she was consistently very accomodating to our requests leading up to the wedding (1 additional VIP lot, AV sound test and rehearsal a couple of weeks prior to the wedding, and a number of last minute changes that we made here and there).

apart from Christine, we also were very pleased with the excellent service of the other hotel staff. from the valet to the concierge, AV manager and banquet manager, they were all very helpful and competent, and we felt that we were in good hands. such competency is very much appreciated, especially since we only host such an event (hopefully) once in our lives and we don't always know what to do.

there were a couple of minor hiccups during the dinner but we were not aware of this till the next day, as there were some inexperienced waiters and waitresses. while we understand that most of them are temp/part-timers, we feel MM could look into investing more time/effort into training them. additionally another point we felt could have been improved was the limited and common selection of wedding favours. would have been nice if there had been more unique choices.

we wrote in to Christine to commend herself as well as her team for helping to make our wedding a memorable one, and also to provide her with the feedback above. hopefully it benefits future couples
happy.gif

anyway, we had a very enjoyable wedding with MM, and i hope other brides enjoy their journey as well!
happy.gif

huijeon

Hi,

I'm so interested to get Marina Mandarin as my wedding dinner!! Does anyone knows if i can get a booking for my wedding banquet ard dec 2013 which is next year?? Pls help!! Thanks!

hamhambijou

Hi hui jeon, it might be better to check directly with the hotel for that as they would be the ones who are aware of the available dates.

Anyway now's a good time to make the booking if your wedding is in Dec 2013. year end dates tend to get snapped up about 1 year in advance.

baby_pig

Hi valentine, mind if i ask how much are you paying for per table? and when is your wedding date? I book sometime ago and was not given free flow of beer.
sad.gif

ctjy

Hi Anna, mulvm and Stanley Joey (starjdusk)

I'm new to this thread and and am seriously considering MM. Likely to be a lunch.. But I have to decide by this weekend. -__-

Do you mind sharing the perks that you've received from MM?

My email is [email protected]

Thank you!

I met up with orchard hotel coordinator already n both of us LOVE the ballroom! but the menu to us was so so only.. whereas marina mandarin menu very very attractive and they willing to do free upgrade of 3 dishes for us.. I'm torn between the choices! marina mandarin ballroom ceiling too low for us if not we would definitely choose it
sad.gif

and my bf's fav is Sheraton however theirs is an L shape ballroom and not so generous with their alcohol.. if we don't want the L shape ballroom then must keep tables below 20

how how how?

hi babypig my wedding date is 22 Dec. Sunday dinner.. per table is 1278 nett I think.. yups I booked in October last year and most Nov and Dec weekends were booked liao..

dreamy8383

Hi

Am looking to book hotel for either 8th or 13th Dec 2013 urgently.

Pls let me know if anyone wanna transfer your bookings..
min 40 tables

Thanks!

Jas Low

I am a 2014 bride and I am new to this forum.

Recently I met up with Christine Chew from MM, Senior Sales Manager for a site inspection cum duscussion for my wedding.

My hubby and I was extremely impressed with Christine's level of service and professionalism. Her explanation of the hotel's strengths was impeccable and the Extra Complimentary Perks were offeerred as what we needed, much ways abvoe what we expected. She was all ears when we asked her questions after questions and all were answered well to our satisfaction.

We have since confirmed our wedding dinner with Christine and she is definitely the wedding coordinator we recommend to all potential wedding couples and no one else.

Keep up the good work, Christine! We are so blessed to have you as our wedding coordinator and we are very sure that our wedding will be carried out in perfection.....the very way that we want it to be......

Jellyfish

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I sign up with Marina Mandarin during roadshow. Our coordinator is Sen Ng. She taught us a lot such as what to expect during actual day etc. I find her email responses are reasonably prompt! (thumbs up)

purlip33

I am a 2014 bride and I am new to this forum.

Recently I met up with Christine Chew from MM, Senior Sales Manager for a site inspection cum duscussion for my wedding.

My hubby and I was extremely impressed with Christine's level of service and professionalism. Her explanation of the hotel's strengths was impeccable and the Extra Complimentary Perks were offeerred as what we needed, much ways abvoe what we expected. She was all ears when we asked her questions after questions and all were answered well to our satisfaction.

We have since confirmed our wedding dinner with Christine and she is definitely the wedding coordinator we recommend to all potential wedding couples and no one else.

Keep up the good work, Christine! We are so blessed to have you as our wedding coordinator and we are very sure that our wedding will be carried out in perfection.....the very way that we want it to be......

Hi Jas,

Could you pls share with me your package too?? I am looking for a Sat or Sun dinner. what are the perks you get too.

Appreciate you can pm me @ [email protected]
Thank you

Rilarila

Hi All,

I'm new and and am considering MM. Likely to be a lunch..

Do you mind sharing the perks that you've received from MM?

mantouz

Hi, have anyone of you held your wedding at MM hotel, vanda ballroom? How do you find the ballroom, their service and food? :)

I went to meet their coordinator yesterday and I have to say that their Vanda ballroom is a little too small and short for our liking. However, we are only going to hold 20 tables so there is a high chance we may just go for it.

Gonna visit Grand Corpthone on sat before I make the decision!

Anyone has experience with Marina Mandarin and whether there are other perks that we can bargain for? Haha =P

Jellyfish

My guest say the food is delicious and overall have good impression of hotel banquet!

I'm also very happy with bridal suite! it's a room with attached living room which we use it for the helpers. They decorate the room with fresh roses/ baby breathes, roses petals and towel love swans.

overall thumbs up!

koyasu

anyone having their wedding lunch in sep/oct 2014? lunch do you think can get additional nite stay or not ?

Last edited:

leess18

My wedding lunch is in sept and the coordinator refused to give us 2nd night despite our bargaining :(

I think it does not only apply to lunch. Dinner is also the same. They do not give second night stay no matter how much you bargain according to my coordinator.

koyasu

yeah. I tried to bargain also. they don't give second despite I showed them the printout from Orchard hotel or Hilton where 2nd night stay are given.

koyasu

I think it does not only apply to lunch. Dinner is also the same. They do not give second night stay no matter how much you bargain according to my coordinator.
oh btw leess18, they are3 offering upgrade of day use room to 2nd night stay if you are taking the dinner package

mandylove

I attended a wedding dinner last dec & the service was quite terrible. Female server was wearing super short skirt & it was so disturbing. And worst thing is, they serve diluted coke, it was basically flat. I asked the server to change 3 times & none of it were gassy. Then I realized that they just took the coke from the reception which was ready prepared at least 1hr before the banquet. Terrible

snowysoul

Hi Joy,

A Big Hi! Glad that we can discuss together now as our wedding will be at the same venue, Vanda Ballroom, Marina Mandarin Hotel.

Anyone that is keen to know more or want to discuss together , you are welcome to pm me or talk here :)