Marina Mandarin Singapore

pixey

ah ger, i have the same sentiments! I like the chicken breast too but the crackers that comes with it like abit 'lau hong' and the dessert is good. The rest of the dishes are not bad. My htb also commented on the gowns....bollywood style! lol

jorder99

Hi all

i went down to MM today and find that the food is not too bad.. liked the idea that they put in quite abit of effort as compared to the rest of the hotels i visited..

Any case, spoken to Vanessa instead of Fiona.. didnt find Fiona very bothered about my 2011 wedding
sad.gif
quite disappointing.. any case, they say that all is applicable except for the 688 rebate for 2011 weddings. when i asked for printing of cards, they also wont budge..

didnt like the staging and ceiling in Marina ballroom.. feels low and.. dno hw to xplain..

however their free corkage and 1 wine/table is xtremely attractive.. bc Swissotel stamford cant do that for us
sad.gif
sigh.. limbo..

how to choose??

babymilky

pixey - haha.. because i ask my htb to take photos of the grown, den he say too ugly le no need to take.. he dunwan me to wear tat.. lol!

jorder99 - i going to sign up the package for 2011 with Wendy this coming thurs, she is v prompt whenever i called her or email her. she is v friendly too! haha... if u wan i can pass u the contact and she give us good perks for the package. I personally find that their price for the perks tat she giving us cannot match any other 5 stars hotel le.. DESPITE i wan to sign up, their dates are filling up. I choosen the 4th date. So MM is v popular too. they have 2 ballrooms and u need to know which ballroom u taking up. you can email me if u wan.. [email protected]. den i can give u my contact no. so u can call me. =)

cherry_chripy

hey ! I am a BTB of Marina Mandarin .
happy.gif
I have just signed up yesterday at the wedding show and taking the grand ballroom for my wedding next year. =) I like the ballroom. Cos I find it v cosy and the perks are v attractive .

styleinyou

Cherry or anyone>can u pls share the package (PM me) with me also.

I was first time to MM during the Sunday's wedding show & I fell in love with it. Will most probably re-nego. with Vanessa again in 2 wks time.

Anyone got $688 rebate for 2011 wedding?

Current perks she gave:-
1)Free flow of beer during dinner (till 11pm)
2)Complimentary 1 bottle of house wine per confirmed table
3)Waiver of corkage for duty-paid wine
4)1 night bridal + 1 night helper's room

Anyone tried to nego. on additional bridal/helper's room?
Seems like MM quite strict for 2011 perks
sad.gif

pixey

siy, i think the perks she gave you quite good already wor. Just curious, what additional perks are you looking at to add in?

:)

cherry_chripy

mmm Hi siy ! =) Nope I did not get the 688 rebate cos I did not meet the min requirement of table.. hahahaz..
and I did not ask for helper room , instead I get 2 nights at bridal suite.

Anyway, I am quite happy with the stuff I get
happy.gif
I feel better than most of the 5 stars hotels already
happy.gif

Yeah Siy, I also love MM. hehe..

styleinyou

i feel she did not give me enough perks cos' all these perks listed was as per the perks for wedding show
sad.gif

i was hoping she to give me 2 nights bridal + 1 night helper.

Cherry> if able to fulfill 35 tables, then can get $688 rebate? As for now, seems like most 2011 couples all mentioned that MM did not offer them this option

meteor_starry

I heard they will not give $688 rebate for 2011 weddings, only for 2010 weddings because, they are afriad the ballrooms will be vacant since now is already 2010, so that is their way to promote and sell off their 2010 ballrooms. As for 2011, since it is still 1 year plus away, they are not afraid it will be vacant then, so there is no motivation for them to give the rebate....I heard from my coordinator at MM

cherry_chripy

mmm no Siy . my Min table requirement is 40 tables cos weekend . I can't meet the minimum .. so I pay more for each tables cos I want less tables.

styleinyou

did anyone use Vanessa so far?
how's the comments?

worried if she's not up to my expectations...
seems like not too much pple want to use choose her
sad.gif

hope to hear good comments on her (fingers crossed)

stickytape

hey siy,

my coordinator is vanessa. So far she's been good, quite prompt and helpful. but then again my AD is still quite far so i've only liaised with her during booking of the package and chit chat dur the wedding show.

but as of now, no complaints at all.

HTHs!
happy.gif

stitch009

I am also holding mine at MM and it happen to cross the year end countdown party. Requested from my co-ordinate in advance that we will like to have a good view of the fireworks. She seem to brush us away by saying cannot confirm till nearer date.

Is that normal or i m being sensitive?
sad.gif

chilliinketchup

Halo guys,

I am trying to finalise the menu for my food-tasting. Any recommendation for the type of prawns to choose?

1) 牛油明è¦
Pan-fried Prawns in Butter & Garlic Sauce

2) æ±æ±æ˜Žè¦
Pan-fried Prawns in Oriental Sauce

3) è—¥æç¼ç”Ÿè¦
Poached Live Prawns with Chinese Herbs

4) 麥片è¦
Pan-fried Prawns with Quaker Oats
kao_confused2.gif

stitch009

Chilli-In-Ketchup> i think if you are already having quite a few fried food dishes, maybe you may wish to go for poached prawns. Oats prawns sounds like zi char stall. My choice will be Butter & Garlic or Poached.

babymilky

Wedding Soon: The deposit I placed was $4000, I not sure about the rest. For the date, depends on ur belief, for me I consult a master.

chilliinketchup

Mine is on 12 Sep 2010. I met up with David in July last year, for my ROM and AD dates.

U email him to indicate your interest first. He will request for your birthdates and horoscopes etc. He will then arrange to meet up with u and your HTB. There, he will provide u with all the dates and timings, and quite a bit of details that may be of interest to u. I paid $100 for this service then.

David is currently away from 7 Jun - 25 Jun. U can still email him now to make an appt with him, if u can wait.
kao_wink.gif

starry1818

Hi All, can you share with me what other perks you have obtained from MM apart from the free flow of beer, complimentary house wine per confirmed table and corkage waiver for wine and liquor? Thanks. This is cos' am afraid I didn't get the good perks from MM. ;)

toons77

Gg to confirm my venue with MM for Nov 2011 wedding...My coordinator is Sen and she is an experienced wedding planner so I will be more rest assured working with her...after comparing so many hotels - I must say that MM gives the best value for a 5* hotel...I also prefer that they are straightforward in giving us the perks, no need to beg, negotiate, cry, plead, threaten -they just give what couples will most likely ask

An advise after helping a few friends organise weddings - additional liquor cost can be a killer bill so once MM settled by giving me free flow beer and wine/table, my issue is settled...Choose what is needed for your type of wedding and what is good to have..

All 2011 wedding couples...please try and confirm your wedding venue soon cos many weekend dates for 2011 is running out at major hotels

octo

Hi Chilli-in-ketchup,

We took pan-fried prawn in oriental sauce and requested for them to cut the back of the prawn so that the guest can easily take the meat out. Quite nice also.

I agreed with stitch009 that oats prawns sounds like a zichar dish, which was one of the reason we didnt pick that.

octo

Hi Thomas,

You might want to email marina mandarin directly. They're pretty fast in their response. If you got a confirm date, you can ask them on the availability as well.

Good luck in your banquet search.

styleinyou

Shir> I had the same idea as you cos i really dont like my guest to use hands. Additionally,this dish happens when couple is going round the tables for photo session.

Anyway, any difficulty in such request which I will most probably choose too
happy.gif

styleinyou

Over the weekend I had confirmed my 2011 dinner with Vanessa.
Although she's young but experience wise is nothing less. Most imptly, she's sincere & straightforward to couples' requests.
Thumbs up for Vanessa & hopefully I get this kind of service throughout my AD
happy.gif

starry1818

Hi youneverknowwatyougonnaget, I agree with you that the cost of additional liquor/wine is a killer bill. Pardon me if I misunderstood your message. You got free flow of wine/table? How do you manage to request for it?

stitch009

Shir's idea is a good one. i will take note of that extra request when it comes to my turn. =D

seem like alot of you folks have Vanessa as your co-ordinator. read alot of good reviews abt her.

anyone has Fiona?

chilliinketchup

Shir: Yeah, I also got them to cut the back of the prawns, but I have chosen the poached live prawns coz I already have roasted chicky, and stitch009 suggested something non-fried.

Did the prawns shrink since the flesh is exposed?

My food tasting is next month.

stitch009: I signed up with MM last July. My coordinator is Fiona all along, but now I am liasing with a sales executive (food & beverage/catering) for my food tasting.

Does that mean my coordinator has changed?
kao_confused2.gif

toons77

Hey starry1818, it is only wine/table, free flow is for beer only, if MM give me free flow of wine, hoh seh oredi....at this moment, I believe only Orchard Hotel is giving free flow of wine but they only serve for 03 hours...

I already have a plan to get wines from carefour as it is just next building and collect on actual day...if reali run out, easier to ask my brothers to run and get some more

styleinyou

youneverknowwatyougonnaget> heard that MM can offer good rates for wine too in this case can save the trouble & pay as u used instead of the excess issue.

chk with MM, think they have the price for the wine list for this yr only as of now.

chilliinketchup

stitch009: Fiona just called to ask about our wedding prep. I took the opportunity to ask her about it.

She said the sales executive would take charge of the menu for food-tasting and that she's still our coordinator.
kao_biggrin.gif

chilliinketchup

youneverknowwatyougonnaget: I think if the wine really runs out, it's best to buy direct from the hotel to save the trouble.

Firstly, it won't be that many coz the dinner should be more than half-way through. Secondly, it takes much more time to go over to carefour to buy. By the time he returns, probably half an hour later. U really want your brother to do that?

It's convenient. Carefour I heard can buy in consignment, so shouldn't have the problem of u running out of wine during the dinner.
kao_wink.gif

lotsalove

Hi All BTB of MM

Just wanted to share my recent bad experience with Marina Mandarin. I was treated really well when I was signing my package with them last Oct. The coordinator was really superb and accomodating and seemed genuinely interested in making the wedding special. Unfortunately my wedding is not to be, so i had to cancel my reception. I had asked if they could refund in part the deposit or if they could convert a part of the deposit to kind, maybe a dinner for five or some other good will gesture. However the reception I got was absolutely cold, indifferent and the coodinator Wendy Ng just kept reminding me that if I do not sign the cancelation and forfeit the deposit they will impose the 50% charge for the ballroom. It was very sad that the reception when they want business from you is so different when you have no choice but to cancel the wedding. There absolutely zero sense of customer service or concern, the impression given is that they just wanted to close the case. Just sharing my experience, so ladies be sure if you want take a package that you do not cancel,as they are not so nice when you do.

octo

Hi Chilli-in-ketchup,

We didnt get to taste/see the prawns cause I had 3 gowns to change into. The feedback we got from guests was, very nice and its one of the better banquet that they went to. Alot of the relatives even asked our parents if we paid alot for the food, the servings was good and the ingredients all very fresh and good quality type.

We also had the special roasted chicken. You may want to request for the keropo (crackers) to go with it. Hee..

The pan-fried oriental prawns are not deepfried/roasted, its like stirred fried with sauces.

The only unpleasant thing that we encountered with food was.. the food tasting. It was quite bad and gave us a shock.. but surprisingly the food on actual day was great. After I came back from food tasting, I read that some brides also experienced the same thing. Mainly cause MM chefs was not good with small proportion. So better go prepared mentally before food tasting. Are you guys going for the food tasting soon?

octo

Hi Lotsalove,

I think the cancellation policy for most hotels are similar. Actually before we signed up with MM, we did ask them about the cancellation policy and whether transfer are allow etc..

They gave us a firm answer that MM are quite fix on their cancellation policy and they doesn't allow transfer cause they don't want people to be 'selling' their packages outside. There're some people that took those popular dates (especially those year-end wkend dates) and later sell their package to profit from it. Personally, we felt its really quite unfair for those real customers looking for those dates. So we actually like it when we learnt that MM doesn't allow transfer of banquet packages.

You might want to be fast with the cancellation as the penalty are higher, when closer to the date. And to be fair to the hotel, when you cancel the deal, they might not be able to fill the date with another couple cause people usually book their banquet early.