Maldives

icedrops

Hi ladies,

For those planning to conceive, u can get the Clearplan ovulation strips from the pharmacy. It's actually 99% accurate & it indicates when ur're ovulating/fertile just from a simple urine test in the morning. The temperature method is not really effective cos there're many factors affecting our body temperature plus u also need to monitor it consistently which can be very cumbersome & it might not turn out accurate at all. Just sharing..
happy.gif

icedrops

Btw, u can also tell when u're ovulating from your 'body signs' each month. If u ladies keen to know, can PM or email me I'm glad to share. Not convenient to post it here.. :p

icedrops

Haha.. dun save it on okie.. cos once u succeed, u'll find it's worth more than anything else..
happy.gif
Moreover, if u're aware of ur own body & when u might be ovulating, u can make full use of it during that few days & the chances will be even much higher. That way, u wun waste too much strips too..
happy.gif
So do try okie! keke..;)

mish

Hey!

Yes, am back in the library. Wanted to post yesterday but had kids playing games in the library. So cant use the computer.

And errrm sorry guys... wrong info.. the ray that i saw.. i heard that it is sting ray and not manta ray. However, we seen the REAL manta rays today! About 5 of them. Took some pictures of it! Nice.. Will post online! Saw squids and lion fish! Nice. Hee. Tell u more. Wu- No whale shark! Hmmm dont think i will see it. heee. probably will run... even though i know its harmless... ITS A SHARK!!!

And I dont think i will win toto and 4d la.Just lucky with fishes..! Heee.

Fan fan, how's ur wedding? Got butterflies in tummy on the day's morning?? Will ans all ur questions when i get back!

There are some screw-up here. They do not have a centralise system. Hmm i think... that causes some misunderstandings etc. Cant get their act right. Quite terrible. had lotsa delays. Like delays in dinner etc. Tell u guys more when we get back!

haru

hey MISH!!
wow, u are soooo blessed! one is already good enuf, but 5!! well, u are on holiday so try not to let the little hiccups bother you too much ya? afterall not in a hurry rite?? kekekek..

hey guys,
TGIF!heheh..sooo happy its almost the weekend. me gona go watch a jap movie (part of Jap fil fest) at the museum tonite with hubby. =D

ryo

Yo Mish,

Why are kids doing in Maldives? Kekeke......
So why u are convince that this time round it's Manta? The local folks tell u is it?

Hey hey...whale sharks are micro-feeder lah please...kekekek....they don't have sharp teeth like other sharks and they are basically shy animals, this world biggest fish!! They are even more gentle the dolphins ah!! They are really magnificent animals, and I really want to see them!

I think a new setup might more or less got such issue lah....give them sometime. Most of the local staff are "easy" going ppl. cannot rush one! Some hiccup always happened in Maldives lah, no matter which resort you're in, Even Hilton and Huvafenfushi also!

So when u coming back? Today checking out right? Have a safe trip back!!!
happy.gif

starmed

icedrops, haru
:p okie..I'll go use it.... dun bear to use cos it's rather ex leh...one box of 5 strips abt $65. Gosh..it's like $10 plus for one strip... that's why dun bear to use... keke... think after reading the post u gals put up...think I'll just use them...what the heck....
happy.gif
think the discharge method is rather accurate...keke... I'll try try lah...;p

Mish
U r one lucky gal!! like Wu mentioned, the whale shark is very gentle creature..think these days there's alot of controversy regarding the IR bidder planning ot house one in singapore in their IR. I personally feel it's not a good idea too... these creatures are BIG! Think it'll be restricting their growth if are kept in tanks.
sad.gif

Have a safe trip back!

Fanfan
how's your wedding? u leaving for your honeymoon trips soon right? heading to HK first isit?

kazataza

Mish,
kinda miss you..the other half of mine...hahaha...
got so so so many questions to ask u ah abt Anantara and your wedding
happy.gif

starstar,
me going to Maldives on 8thy Nov..
my wedding was over within a flash...it was over b4 i knew it...had some fun...though in afternoon, my right eye turned red (not frm crying) due to contact lens...was red during dinner time and some people thot i was drunk..hahaha
anw, i was "blind" for the next 2 days..couldnt go to glaring places...oso, my eyes keep auto shut...so kept sleeping in the suite of Pan Pac

haru

hey starstar,
ya, i think its sooo cruel actually. they are not like tiny fish...they need to be in the open ocean and seas where they belong..sigh...

hey Fanfan,
any wedding day pix or photoshoot pix to share share?? kekeke...

kazataza

haru...
will try to upload and share it with you guys..the only internet access i've now is in office...not very nice to upload photos while in office
happy.gif

zhuzhu

yoz ppl..
me back from my gynae visit today...bb is growing well..but doc detect some sugar in my urine..so need to go for some blood test..damned cham..need to fast the nite b4...
sad.gif

Hey starstar
the test strip hor..must remember to use it around the same timing everyday leyh..

zeny

err....which resort did Mish stayed in and

Mish, how much did you pay for it !!!!

Can't wait to start planning my honeymoon there :p

starmed

Zeny
welcome to the club...
happy.gif
mish stayed at Anantara. Think u can ask fanfan too...she's going there next week at the same resort. Depends on when u plan to go...usu now it's the peak season so it's more ex...f u plan duringthe off peak season, it'll cheaper.
happy.gif

mish

Hey guys,

OOooOo Today's snorkel trip is GD! We went swimming with the Manta Rays! Wonderful. It was just beside me.. and my hub and I freaked out! Hee. I dont know whether to touch it or swim away from it. Hmmm Wat if it sting me!!!!! Anyway the local folks told us that they are gentle and wont sting. But they are HUGE!!!!

Haru,

Seeing 5 is nice... SWIMMING with them is even nicer!!!! Heee.

Took some underwater shots. Wonder if it will turn out okie. Hmmm.

Wu,

Yes.. The local folks told us that it is manta rays. and that the ones we see ard the resort should be sting rays. Hee.

starstar/wu,

As for the whale sharks - not seen them. Dont think I will see any. No more snorkelling trips for us. We going to kayak tomorrow and snorkel ard the resort.

I have not checked out. We will be checking out tomorrow-sat and arriving on sunday morning.

Fanfan - we just had our honeymoon candle light dinner at terrazzo. The italian place. The steak is gd! Yum! Dont like their starter though. It is some sushi thing which i didnt really finish. Hmm and some raw salmon - which i finish. Wanna hear more about ur wedding!! heee.

Zeny! I think we gonna spend like USD5k here. Things are rather pricey ard here. Will tell u more when i get back!!

mish

Oh... yes! zhu zhu.. glad ur bb is growing well! Why do u need to go for blood test if they detect sugar? hmm. nt gd for bb? or?

zeny

Mish...

err.... 5K is before resort + airfare or...it is inclusive of everything :p cos if it is airfare + resort +dining etc...then it is not that exp :p

can't wait to see your picture.......

btw why is now a peak in maldives...based on my research their peak is dec and april/may

starmed

mish
wah!! u are indeed lucky gal!! managed to see mantas man....
happy.gif
good for ya...
happy.gif
can't wait to see your pics... wah!! US$5k?! It's like $8k in sing! It've better be include air tics man... if not, it's real ex if just expenditures on resort! gosh!

Have a safe trip back!

Zeny
If I rem correctly, the peak season is from Oct-Jan. Shoulder season is Feb-May. The off peak is Jul-Sep. Hmmm... can someone correct me if I rem wrongly...:p What I can confirm is April and May is definitely not peak...cos I went during March n took note of that...keke...
happy.gif

haru

MISH,
u are making all of us droool!!! wow, u are soooo blessed to have seen so much on ur trip. i guess the time of the year that u visit maldives really makes a alot of difference.

starstar,
i think the off peak is may-aug if i am not wrong.=>

starmed

haru
happy.gif
I just know that march-may not peak...cos for my trip, I rem the price wise was not the cheapest but also not the high side... I know Jun-jul the price is the lowest. :p

hi all
enjoy your weekend!

kazataza

Zeny,
Mish, Adi and I are all going for Anantara as currently they've some opening special promos...
Adi and I took the package from holiday tours, stay 4N pay 3N and extended on our own..

Both Adi and I didnt pay for our air tixs (Adi redeem using mileage pts and I've FOC tixs) ..so our cost is less the air tixs ..

For me, I took the stay 4N pay 3N promo for water villa and extend 1 more night at beach villa.
Total is slightly more than $4k for 2 pax. This includes daily breakfast and free candlelight dinner for 2 (honeymooners deal - min 5 nights stay)

As our prices are promotional prices, please don't think u get ripped off when you're researching next yr prices for Anantara..we heard the prices are increasing next yr

Mish,
I oso want to see your photos leh..

I will try to upload some photos today when possible, since i'm in office now anyway

zhuzhu

Mish
So envy that you get to swim with manta ray..must be real cool man...

Oh the sugar in urine could lead to possible diabetes...so just to make sure nothing serious lor..if not i will need to control my diet..

starmed

fanfan
wah!! like that Mish USD$5k is just the expenses on resort?! That's alot! If include air tics, the whole trip is abt $10k! Wah...seems like going in end year is ex..BUT u can get to see all the sea creatures!!! Sigh...cannot have best of both worlds... lucky u gals got free air tics...
happy.gif

zhuzhu
geez..must take care man... heard pregancy can induce high blood pressure too isit? u have to take care ok? maybe watch your diet is better...least it's not controlling...;p

bvbride

hihi there!

y'all hv a happy happy weekend ok

will be at some chalet later and then to the airpor to pick up my in laws..
am not a chalet person and dislike it more after gog to Maldives! my standard is no longer what it used to me hahaha :p

HAru - how much did u spend on your booties the other time? why to get them? someone recommended a shop at lucky plaza..dunno if they are anygood ...heee heee..

ryo

Yo Folks!

Tonight CNA got show featuring Maldives, part 1. Remember to watch hor!!! 10.30pm!!

YO Mish,

Envy man!! Swimming with Mantas!!! I wanna to do that next year also!!!
happy.gif

Yo Fanfan,

Looking at ur pics now!
happy.gif

Nice gown eh! How come only 23 pics? Give us more!!!
happy.gif

kazataza

Wu,
told u courtesy of my colleague liao..my photographer havent given me the pics yet leh...most prob after HM then will get them

haru

hi bvbride,
me did not get my booties..still looking around.will prob only get it if my japan trip is confirmed..=P u lookin for one?kekekek..

fanfan,
thanks for sharing some of the pix!!

zeny

that's weird...when i tried to book a trip to maldives in april directly with the resort itself, was told that april peak as such the price is the highest as compared to others months...... well maybe they are out to rip me :S

and when compare price between diff season jan,dec and april is really really exp...

joystream

yo mish!!! welcome home.....!!!!
you must have a wonderful time in paradise...
happy.gif

still we want to see PICTURE! PICTURE! PICTURE! hee hee

ryo

Yo Folks,

Yesterday CNA featured O&O Reethi Rah and Cocoa island. Think next Sat part 2 might just feature more resorts...hopefully. anyone watch it?
happy.gif

Yo Zeny,

Are the resort u're talking Clubmed kani. So far, only Clubmed's rates not entirely the same as other resort.
happy.gif

Cheers!

zeny

Zhu2

I have not booked with any resort. Was researching back then...now going to start research again :p

Wu

I'm not refering to clubmed. I was looking at full moon, laguna, angsana, banyan, hilton back then :p these resorts charge quite exp during dec/jan/April

ryo

Zeny,

THose resort you're referring to shouldn't be the most ex during April as compared with Dec/Jan. April shld be 2nd cheapest of the year liao.
You can go to the Mal-dives.com and hv a live quote again to compare. check out holiday tours(Spore) package to compare. So far these are the cheapest. Only Hilton here got garuanteed rates.
happy.gif

When did u start researching?.....don't do it too long okie, as rates is going up up up everywhere in the Maldives.
happy.gif

Have fun with ur research!!! Cheers!
happy.gif

kazataza

yoz zhuzhu,
thanks
happy.gif
my design all done by desginer...she say what i oso okay =)

Wu
me missed the CNA leh =( watch soccer then forgot abt it..heehee

Mish,
Welcome back! we want photos! we want photos!

kazataza

zhuzhu,
my bridal shop is Amanda Lee..the name of the designer as well =) she's a very nice lady

Zeny,
if i'm not wrong Apr should be cheaper than Dec/Jan..but it's the last month of the "peak" season...so compared to May, it's still more expensive..some resorts in Phuket oso priced Apr rooms higher...

starmed

Wu
geez...I missed the program! So next sat ogt part 2 isit? what time?

fanfan
think maldives peak is something similar to phuket.. cos for phuket, it's from oct to jan too... that's why I'm abit confused when the peak starts actually for maldives... only rem march-april not as ex as dec. :p

hey..your hubby's a jap? nice gown!
happy.gif

zeny
have fun in research... u'll be spoilt for choice...
happy.gif

bvbride

Hihi

i also missed the show! oh no..will def tune in this coming sat - cannot wait to see the show...aiyoh - i was stuck at some Aloha Chalet and it was kinda boring - should hv took over the TV remote control

thx Haru - maybe i ask agent Wu.........

Wu - can advise where to get booties? dun want to go to that beach road place u all recc cos its kinda out of the way for me. u heard of this dive shop at Lucky Plaza? how much does a pair cost?

mish

Hey all,

AM back! No photos yet though. am at hard work. very tired-jet lag.

Wu/Zhu zhu,

Swimming with mantas are nice! Bit scary coz they are so big. eeks. Hee. I think its a family. 5-6 swimming together.

Zhu zhu. so hw ur results? okie? everything okie?

Zeny, now that i am back....any questions on ananatara? Just shoot. heee. I will try my best to ans. I spent 4650usd there. NOT including air tickets which is about 1700. so total.. Almost 10k?!?!?! omg... didnt even know that. heee.

ryo

Yo bvbride,

I think lucky plaza have one shop...not sure what name lah. I bought my dive boots(thick titanium fiber material), high cut one at around $50 plus, so low cut ones should be much cheaper. shld be around 20-30 bah!

Anyway, saw the CNA Maldives part 1 show. Summarised here:-
Feature O&O Reethi Rah mainly on their resort concept. Their unique island shape was reclaimed, looks like an octopus. Their rates starts at USD900++ per night. The water villa guest will enjoy foot massages during arrival(a private luxury yacht cruiser will fetch you from Male, not speed boat hor!)
Their dhoni used for sunset fishing is much luxurious as compare to those normal ones we travel on, and as usual, you can request the caught fish to be cook in any of the restaurant, and even in their one of the Japanese rest, Sashimi!
Private BBQ dinner goes at USD145++ per pax.

NExt they feature Cocoa island, and their top end 2 bed-rm water villa, priced at USD1800++ per pax!! (They show the interial deco....hmmmm,really too ex for that price. I might as well choose the hilton sunset water villa, huvafenfushi or even SOneva Gili which cost less, the interial no where near Sunset water villa quality). Then next week will continue from where it ended, still Cocoa island. Hope it'll feature other islands asl well, and don't just end at part 2.

YO Mish,

Yeah.....It's really Manta ray...saw the pics in ur MSN! Anyway, it's right to stay clear of them. They too have sting as well, and they are consider wild animals too! They are really majestic animal isn't it???

Have a good rest lah!!, it's really tiring isn't it? However, please come out with all pics by end of this week hor!! no excuse!! Kekekeke...... :p

happy.gif

bvbride

hihi

whoa thx Wu...so wasted - really want to see how grand teh O and O is man....didnt know it is sooooo top notch! i always think that COcoa is very old - not very interested la - kekek..but got pple bring me there for free of cos i wack la

really envy those angmohs who can spend like 2-3 WEEKS in the resort - like machiam no need to pay like that hor..haizzzzzzz

Mish : how did u manage to take pix of those manta rays? u were snorkelling right? did u just use those disposable underwater cameras?

mish

Wu,

Is it?? They got sting? Hmmm didnt know that. However, the guide told us that it is safe to touch the mantas. hmmm...

And yes! They are majestic! Huge! beautiful! Yes yes. will try to load and all by these few days. hee. mai gan chiong.

BV,

The pics were taken when i was on a dhoni. Didnt go snorkelling with them on that day when i went on the dhoni. Went snorkelling with the mantas the next day when i went on a speed boat. Easier to chase after them.

i had some underwater shots too. but have not develop it yet. wait till i develop them. see whether can see or not.

ryo

Yo bvbride,

Acutally last night, CNA got replay the Part1 program. Maybe these few nights will replay also bah!
Hahaha.....if free hor, every where in Maldives I also want to go ah!.
Oh yes, Cocoa island villa looks old from outside. Inside the wooden interior is the same color as Mirihi, cosy cosy type, but not worth the money loh, USD1800 per pax for the high end villa! Crazy man!
If like that count I wld choose sunset water villa, each person normal rate is at USD750(whole villa ~ USD3000).
Yah, Reethi Rah really ex., next year they also price hike, at least 10-15% up!! Looks like I'll never have to chance to go there liao.
And hor, another info from the CNA program, if u ganna Toto say S$1.6million, you can use that money to book the island for just 5 nights! :p That's USD1 million for 5 nights!
happy.gif
Cool isn't it? :p

Yo Mish,

I think all Rays have sting. It's best just see and don't touch, that's what we learn from diving lesson lah! Did u see they "somersaut" in the water?? I really want to see them leh....hmmm...
Okie will go do some research on their migrating period/timing. Then find a good period and visit Maldives again!

starmed

Wu
what? they replay again n i MISS it again! Darn... wah...ike that every night must tune in to CNA liao...keke...:p

Reethi Rah so ex!! anyway like u said, if free one, I also wan to go...anywhere also can...haha... for me, just wish to go Soneva Gili. I know it's also ex... keke.. maybe strike toto first...:p

bvbride
u book your trip liao? when u flying off? u still going wif your whole gang of family?

hi all
how's weekend? hope u guys had fun...
happy.gif