M Hotel Singapore

Dear all,

We had our wedding at Level 2, the service is not too good cos the waitress did not remove the cork and tried to pur wine.

Another thing is they kept forgetting the order one of my frd ask for sprite and they kept bringing him the tonic water. After 3 tries they got it right.

AS for the food it is okay, but there is something I need to speak to the M-Hotel.

Most of my frd think the service is only so-so. Somne said above average I think it depends on who is serving the guests.

uberrimae

hi anne, hmm i wonder if the batch of waiters/waitresses are the same ones who served us in june... that june batch was quite good, one of my guests even wrote a thank you feedback card to the waitresses who were attentive to their needs/requests... surprised that the standard has fallen short in a space of 3 mths
sad.gif

qiqi09

hi gals, i hvnt post here for sometime.. bear, so sad to hear that ur dinner didnt turn out..

anne, at least ur food is ok.. so not so bad..

well i guess M hotel really need to buck up on their service standard... as it is really important with forums and word of mouth, it is a matter of time that their reputation will go down..

Dear gals,

It depends on how you look at it some guests are fine and others are not. I guess everyone has different standard, so for me I am upset at another issue and also upset with the waiter or waitress that forgot the order and had to take 3 times to serve one drink.

I do not want to write all the issue in the forum however my hubby will bring it up personally to them.

But I must say almost all enjoy the food that nite.

man_tou_bear

Anne, wat's the other issue u are talking abt? can share with me via PM? or email me at [email protected]? ur hb gg to speak to them? i agree with u, some of my guests said the service was gd, only those seated at the tail of the 'P' had the probs.. so may be it was an isolated incident.

Piglet, i m ok lah.. once i got over the initial anger it was one of resignation lor.. over liao dun think abt it.

Jhoo,

I am not sad, it is my hubby that is angry. I can't be bothered since what done cannot be undone.

Bear
I let my hubby handle it. Will ask him b4 PM you.

man_tou_bear

Sure Anne! I think u are like me liao. wat's done is done, therefore cannot be undone (am i confusing u?)... more like resignation hor?

i think watever that happened to u must be rather serious for ur hb to be so angry! cos my hb is like me, also can't be bothered liao.. cheer up!

uberrimae

Hi Anne, I agree with Bear. Though I must say I will not be able to really understand the agony both you and ur hubby are going thru, pls do not let it affect your newly married life
happy.gif
stay cheery okie?
happy.gif

kittyrain

Hi Anne,
I was at M-hotel on sat hv dinner @ cafe. I saw ur wedding photo display on the TV screen, u look very sweet. Ya, I agree u shld bring up the issues that u r not happy to ur coordinator at least u can see wat they r going to explain to u. Dun get affected by it, stay happy!
happy.gif

I really hope M-hotel will do smthing to this comments if not more couples will b affected & post more issues here and will really ruin their reputation.

stacy

Anne n bear - cheer up gals!
happy.gif
Enjoy your marriage life
happy.gif

Jhoo - sorry, I don't have floor plan for fxn room. Perhaps u can check with Aaron?

M hotel brides - Any idea if M hotel has a piano?

Also, I hope M hotel seriously looked at all the issues and resolve them quickly.

jhoo

wah stacy, u are playing piano or getting someone to play for u? Its romantic. i have a dream of hubby playing piano as i march in, but its really a dream..hubby noe nothing about playing..

kittyrain

Hi uberrimae, the food is not bad @ the cafe. The pizza & the tom yum seafood claypot is quite nice. I happen to win the F&B voucher in their recent bridal show so go there hv dinner lor
happy.gif

Their service @ the cafe is quite good lor.

stacy

Jhoo - no lah...I m not so musically incline..hehee..can't play piano. But my gf said she wanted to play for us..so asked me if M hotel got piano or not...er...but I don't remember seeing one when I was there at M...

kittyrain

Hi stacy,
wow ur gf is going 2 play piano for u when u march-in? That's very nice, very touching oso........ but really dun know M gt piano or nt

jhoo

ur GF has a good tot
happy.gif

for those who has wedding at function room, for the tail of P-shape, as we march-in, left or right side has a better view of the screen?

tunagirl

Aiyo, a few days din on comp already so many posts.. cannot catch up liao. Anyway, i'm gonna hv my food tasting tom. Will feedbk to Aaron abt all your comments.

skinnybeany

hi everyone,

I'm also going to sign up with M Hotel for my wedding banquet next yr.

Been reading the mixed reviews & now I'm abit worried!

man_tou_bear

Dear All,

My worst fears came true. I am so disgusted at wat M Hotel did. I have PMed and emailed u guys the details and i think u will understand why i m not writing this here. This only make me more determined nv to recommend M Hotel to my frens. They are so despicable.

This is the last time i will post in this thread. I dun wanna give them the bloody chance to do further damage in my life.

Gd luck to the rest of the brides. hope u have a better wedding than i do!

jhoo

Actually its as simple as ABC to solve the problem. The banquet manager has to tell the chef to be more caution when choosing the food making sure it is fresh and cook it well. The servers to give warning or change the batch of servers that give problem. Other than that, i don't see any problem liao coz for coordinator, they are still good. Hope from now on, there will be more good news on the service and food side

qiqi09

I really think that this is a forum that let pple talk and discuss.. maybe in terms of package we shld not be sharing.. but for service and food wise, i dun think M hotel shld stop or pin point individual for discussing as we only hope that we hv good services and food for our BIG day...

I hope that M hotel will take the negative comments and improve on the quality of services and food..

As wat jhoo mention, it is simple to solve the problem.. so lets hope for more good news in future!

skinnybeany

think in terms of food & service, it's kind of subjective. Some has higher expectation, some lower.

And for M Hotel,rather than taking this whole thing negatively, it'd be good to see this as a "FREE" channel of customer's feedback for improving & acting on constructive feedback.

I hope my choice in selecting M Hotel for my wedding banquet will be a wise one. I just want to enjoy the whole process/experience & hopefully things will go as planned.

Let's give ourself & M Hotel a chance!
happy.gif

kittyrain

Hi junie,

When is your wedding next year? Mine is next year June. I oso juz sign up with them in Sep. I m oso starting to worry after seeing the comments. I hv 2 pray hard everything go smooth on my BIG DAY.
happy.gif

stacy

Kittyrain - PM = private message..but 1st u muz enable your PM in order for sender to send u private message to ur emails.

stacy

Er..i also forgot..but prob u can try it at the edit profile...top left hand corner...(after u log in ur username n pw)

skinnybeany

kittyrain,

mine will be @ the banquet suite.

actually, i hv a friend who attended a function at M Hotel before, and she has a very positive impression of the hotel in terms of food & service, so i think each hotel sure has its own plus & minus points.

tunagirl

Aiyo.. Bear seems really upset. Anyway, i've no probs with M Hotel so far.. my mgr Aaron has been quite accommodating. so i guess everywhere u get black sheeps la.

kittyrain

Stacy,
thanks i will go & try out.

Junie,
yap, me 2 hv frens who attended wedding @ M, they oso told me that their service & food quite good that y i consider signing up with them. But like wat u say, these r very subjective wan..........
Hopefully their standard for these aspect is up 2 wat we expected lor.....

skinnybeany

kittyrain,

hv u got your BS yet? i think your wedding in June...shld hv already started planning.

Mine Dec, now i already start to plan bit by bit already
happy.gif

Kittyrain,

Thank you, btw I am in already more than 30s.
Curently, I will not post anything here until I speak to my guests.

Dear all,
Enjoy your wedding preparation and I am going for holiday 2morrow.

Cheers,
Anne

anastasia

Here, I also hope that M hotel can take the comments/feedback positively for further constructive actions/improvements so as to enhance the hotel as one of the prime locations for celebrating weddings.

Kittyrain, first discuss with the BS on the theme you may want and discuss with the designer. Try to look more often at bridal magazines to see some of the dresses and show the designer what you like/don't like so that the designer can understand your taste/preferred style.

Next perhaps you may want to think about the decoration of the venue. Find out more from your coordinator what are the options available, then decide if you wanna use the options/top up/or engage other florists to deco the venue.

Then you will be asked to do fitting quite a no. of times by your BS before your photoshoot. You may want to choose to do either local photoshoot or overseas photoshoot. Before your photoshoot you need to source for your bridal shoes/accessories.

Other planning such as printing cards/ stationary think will be more appropriate to be put nearer to the date as this can be carried out quite fast.

qiqi09

Hi Anne, ENJOY UR holiday!

Kittyrain, ur wedding in June can start planning already. u getting OTR or MTM gown? like wat anastasia say start looking at magazine and see the design u like..

pitterpatter

hi ladies,

just realised there's this thread on M hotel. I've also just signed up with them for my wedding next year....hmm...kinda worried after reading the reviews here....
sad.gif

uberrimae

Hi brides, do not be too worried on the comments/reviews.. ultimately it depends on when you decide to log into this forum to read the reviews.. i believe for any review, there are seasons :p u will see good reviews and not-so-good reviews from time to time. when i signed up with m-hotel, there were good reviews and i had a good impression of the staff and venue after visiting them.

What's important now however is to discuss with your wedding coordinator and remind them constantly on your expectations and concentrate on making ur big day a happy one
happy.gif
cheers!

kittyrain

Hi Anastasia,

Thanks for your advice!!!!!!!!!
happy.gif
Ya i hv to start look at those bridal magz and start thinking of the local place for my outdoor shoot.
Btw when is ur AD?

Hi piglet,
i will be getting OTR gown. But I think i still need to tell my BS wat kind of style i like.