M Hotel Singapore

ling_ling

oic..hehe..no lar...not me....

ic...umm...lots of flower petals everywhere meaning...the floor or the tables ?hehe...

going for the key chain for favours... u leh?

umm...ya..but gotta spend money mah...about 2K for her services leh....

yup...those traditional stuff...just tell her wat we need then she can go get for us.... but have to pay for those stuff lar..not included in her service package...;)

mtdt

Wow,... actually tat's good.

now we are also very headache with the traditional stuff... everyone version is different. hear until we even more blur!!

key chains - from M hotel or buy from outside?
i have not decide yet, dun even know what is m hotel giving... have not contacted them yet.

ya loh... all the petals everywhere... maybe i just go to far east flora and buy the flowers myself and ask my "sisters" to throw the petals everywhere!! hahaha

ling_ling

hehehe....ok lar..but have to fork out extra cash to be stress free mah....kekekeke

but for traditional stuff still early right gal...wat dialect are u and ur HB ah gal?...

umm...oh...u havent contact M hotel yet? have u signed up with them yet?....

oh...flower petals ah? umm.... but i heard those florist petals hor...got black trimings on the petals one le....

mtdt

True true...

My dialect is Teochew/Cantonese
Hubby's Hokkien.

So far, only my mum requested for a roast pig. The rest, have not disuss yet. I also think still early lah... see if u can fish out some info for me from your planner!!! hee hee...

i have signed up with M hotel since last year Dec. Since then, have not contacted them... so forgot abt the details liao...

black trimings?? hmm.. only feel flowers from florist not big enough... see how lah...

ling_ling

oic...hehe...both me and hubby are cantonese...

my mum oso asking for roast pig...kekeke...the rest later part then discuss lar....will try to fish out some info from my planner...;)

ic...umm...when u contact M hotel again...update me on ur favour u using okies...;)

i mean the black color lined along the petals cos died liao mah...kekeke....

huh...dun get wat u mean by flowers not big enough leh....kekeke

mtdt

Thanks..

Will update u again when i contact M hotel.
Was thinking dun need so early rite?
maybe in july/aug lah...

the local florist (far East etc) their flowers are smaller... so the petals will also be small. must import from overseas then u can find those lovely big petals. (for eg red rose kind)

ling_ling

no problemo gal ;)

okies....thanks gal...think dun need so early lar... when my planner starting to coordinate with them on things...will let u know so tat u can gauge when u need to do so oso...;)

oic...umm....but will be pretty costly right....

tynnie

Hi gals! Just attended a wedding dinner last sunday.I must say the ambience was very cosy & modern!simply love those lantern like lights at the ballroom!!
The food yummy & service was great!! THUMBS UP!!

fates

Yipppeeeee!!! I am so happy to hear about it Furball!

Was not feeling too happy when I told people I'll hold my wedding dinner and M hotel and they go "HUH????"
105747.gif

drew_drew

Hi Mtdt,

Are u the one at the female brides web? saw from yr posting that M hotel actually let u hv 20 tables at weekend ? can you share with me how much is your package ? If not convenient to show here, can e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks a million !!

mtdt

Hi Drew,

I cannot really remember the details. Contracts at my mum's plc...

Basically is like tat:
a) Free flow of beer
b) 2 nites stay at bridal suite
c) Waive all cockages
d) min 20 tables on Sat
e) only remember tat NETT is slightly less than $800
f) food tasting for 6 pax

Thats abt all. I booked this package last year Nov during a wedding fair. Maybe they have change the perks this year or reserved it for wedding fair.

U booked with M hotel already?

Hey Fates, lingling etc... any other perks to add? hee hee...

happyflower

Hi gers

I am back! sorry, MIA so long.. been busy with work and preps for the wedding.

Have signed up with PM, photoshoot in Sept..

Did u all see what happen to Oriental Brides in Oriental thread?
nono.gif

fates

welcome back Ah Hua!! so how's preparation and all? You took up the M hotel function room package right?

A quick summary:
M Brides:

5th Jun 04 - YL
28th Sep 04 - Drew - Tiong Bahru
27th Nov 04 - Mooee - Kai/Tiong Bahru
11th Dec 04 - MTDT - Santiago/Punggol
Dec 04 - Ling Ling
Dec 04 - Ah Hua
12th Mar 05 - Fates - GHA/Punggol

fates

Furball ~ don't worry I won't fret over it :p
as a matter of fact, I am glad I'd decided on M Hotal cos' I find it so chic!!

hey Drew! are you the same Drew we spoke to earlier??

MTDT ~ Ya more or less it's the same loh, but my free flow beer till 11pm only.

spring11

Hi everybody

I have booked M hotel too for my wedding dinner. Mine is on 15 Jan 05. So happy to hear that their food is yummy. 8)

drew_drew

Hi Fates,

Yes, I am the same Drew
happy.gif
(my AD is on 28 Sept/ Live in Tiong Bahru / Bridal - J & C)

Hi MTDT,

Thanks for yr info. It just happened that I was in the femalebrides web and I saw yr posting. Actually i wanted to hv it on weekends too but at that time of signing the contract, I really doubt that I can hv 25 tables that's why I choose on Tue instead.

Hello to all the new M hotel brides ;)

ling_ling

hi gals...
happy.gif

hi MTDT...

umm..think mine got free guestbook as well... mine on weekdays so dun have freeflow..only 2 barrels of beer and free corkage...umm...only 1 room nite and helper's room from 2-8pm. not much la..hehe....

A quick summary:
M Brides:

5th Jun 04 - YL
28th Sep 04 - Drew - Tiong Bahru
8th Dec 04 - Ling Ling - Bridal Concept/ AMK
Dec 04 - Ah Hua

drew_drew

Welcome Ling Ling,

Mine got free guestbook and extra 1 room for helpers too and free flow beer although it on weekday. Diana also increase my invitation card fm 70% to 80% and car passes fm 20% to 30%.Hope this helps for those who wants to bargain with Diana
happy.gif

mtdt

Hi all,

oh, alot of perks to include huh...
I also din increase my invitation cards and car passes.. forgot to mention it...

Day room and guestbook - hmmm.. idea!!
Anyone have the pic of the guestbook?

mtdt

A quick summary:
M Brides:

5th Jun 04 - YL
28th Sep 04 - Drew - J&C/Tiong Bahru
8th Dec 04 - Ling Ling - Bridal Concept/ AMK
Dec 04 - Ah Hua
15 Jan 05 - Ah Mei

mtdt

Oh, Congrats to YL's wedding...
Wishing you a very blissful marriage!!!

Must share your experience here... when u come back from honeymoon I guess...

mooee

hello Gals!

So glad to see this thread ALIVE! Been off the SB site for a while, trying tospend time working on my house reno...haizz...still yet to decide.

All of ur house done?

fates

hihi Mooee! Welcome back!!

Yup I'd completed the house reno few months back
happy.gif
That's why got time now to prepare for the AD mah...heheheh...
You 'still yet to decide'.....means what huh? still can't decide on an ID yet??

Yay congrats YL!!!
107430.gif

Yo MTDT my neighbour! I don't have a pic of the guestbook, but if I remember correctly, it's a off-white exterior right? I got the favour packaging, anyone need the pic?

welcome ah mei!!

ling_ling

hi drew
happy.gif

thanks gal...hehe...

my planner tried to negotiate with anna le..but she very firm and refuse to give. she says she stretched for us as far as she could oredi le...
sad.gif

fates

Morning all!

ling ~ hmmmm anna doesn't seem very 'user-friendly' hor?
uhoh.gif

M gonna have a wedding fair again.

7th August 2004

Don't know what's the perks gonna be this time.....
108469.gif

fates

MTDT!! Yaloh same here! Wanna see what perks they throwing le..........Don't know if it's better this time or not........
uhoh.gif

spring11

Hi MTDT

Very busy at work. My BS is J&C and staying in Jurong West.Look like by next year all of you are married....8) My AD photographer will be my hubby friend and FOC....so i guess it will help me to save abit.

Hi Drew
We share the same bridal shop. Are your gowns MTM or OTR? I took the OTR package.

drew_drew

Hi Ah Mei,

Yes indeed so coincident we took up J&C and M hotel
happy.gif
such a small world isn't it. Ok I took up the MTM package at $5000 at first I was quite happy that I hv chosen them as they are quite well-known and hv quite good comments too but something happened along the way and I was quite disappointed with them now. Now I am waiting to choose my PS photos and I would not hv to see them until Sept phew... but one word of advice is that whatever you want or hv been assured by them, you must ask them to put it down in the invoice and for your appointment wise, get them to jot down the dates on their schedule and double double confirm by phone 1 or 2 days before inorder not to waste your trip down
happy.gif

spring11

Hi Drew.

Thanks for your advice.Yes, i understand what you meant. I am still worried about encountering such problems so i did asked them to write down everything i can remember on the invoice. I will be going to choose my EG this sunday. I think i will give them a buzz to confirm again.

How is yr wedding preparation so far?

drew_drew

Hi Ah Mei,

I am going to choose my photos this evening and hopefully everything goes well. I'm thinking of getting back the samples but I really doubt that Cynthia will give unless I top up many photos.

Hi all,

I hv went for my food tasting on Monday and it turns out that the dishes are quite well cooked ! Only the braised soya chicken is not very good as the meat is still bloody which I hv highlighted to the Chef and 2 pairs of chopsticks (for VIP tables only) were broke while having the food tasting.

fates

hi Drew ~ what??? chopsticks also can break ar? tsk tsk tsk!! well good to know their food is good (in general)
kiss.gif

spring11

Hi Drew

How is last evening? Hope you have a great time choosing your photos. How is the photos? Hope it is well taken? Is Eric (in house photographer) yr photographer? Pai seh i asked you so many Qs.

During the food tasting session, is Diana around or they gave u a pc of paper to write down the comments?

drew_drew

Hi Fates / Ah mei,

The top of the chopsticks actually came off (wooden kind) but was told that this kind will only be given to VIP tables. PIL then highlight to the Captain that touch wood (not so good) to break the chopstick during AD and tell them to give us all new pairs. Hv also highlight to Diana.

Diana was on leave when I went for the food tasting but we were all quite pleased to be attended by the Captain and we were all being treated as VIP (cos the one and only table) being served in a private room. There is a menu on the table (with all the dishes chosen by you) you just need to fill up your comments below the dishes and at the end of the food tasting the chef will come out and get some feedback from you
happy.gif

Hi Ah Mei,

It was quite tiring to choose so many photos during the 2 to 3 hours but enjoyable too. Overall, we were quite please with Eric's work. But we can tell that he is not quite happy that we only top up $1500 for the extra photos (not forgetting that our package is already S$5000 - inclusive of 30 pages album with 42 poses). No need to paisei lah, you can check with me if you hv any doubts ok.

ylyl

Hi All,

I just came back from my honeymoon. My wedding day went on smoothly, we're happy with the hotel. Everyone were complimenting the food was good. The parents find that it was even better than the food tasting. So we're relived everyone like the food.

Just a reminder for those having dinner to have some snacks before the dinner starts. although the hotel offered to let us have our dinner at their lounge from 6pm onwards. But where got time to eat? My makeup artist arrived the hotel at 5.30pm to do my makeup so that I'll be ready by 7pm. & we're not allowed to bring the food out of the lounge. so we didn't get to eat anything. So better to prepare some snacks yourself. I was so hungry that I got headache. But we still had lots of fun.

We used their ballroom at 10th floor for our dinner, find that it's quite convenient cos there's a changing room at the 10th floor as well. So I had my makeup & changing into evening gown in the changing room. Save a bit of time & walking to the bridal suite.

spring11

Hi YL
Congrats on yr marriage. Happy for you to have a memorable time during yr wedding. I am sure you are a beautiful bride. 8)
Would love to see your mei mei photos

Hi Drew
Eric was around when you are choosing yr photos? my goodness....he still not happy with $1500 worth of extra photos? Gosh! he must be thinking we are loaded!

drew_drew

Hi Ah mei,

Eric was the one who go thru the photos with us and he also design the artwork for us using his laptop. He design for us 40 pages with 80 over photos but we only take 34 packages with 65 photos. I suspect he must hv earn some commission when we top up the photos that's up he is not very happy lor. He even wants to charge us for the $600 artwork fee when we intend to take only 30 pages. They really thought that we are printing our own money and Karen even suggest why not take all the photos "all so nice" but I just tell her off if she want to go rob the bank for me then I will take all the photos from her :p

mooee

Hi Ladies,

MIA for a while, how's everyone?

Congrats YL! Glad that you had a wonderful time, I can't wait for mine!!!

mtdt

Hi all,

Am busying choosing songs now.

Was wondering how long do we need to march in?
How long shd the march in songs be?

Any advise from past brides?
What songs did u choose for march in?
What songs did u choose for 1st dish? (Hotel's choice?)

Thanks

bibip

hi MTDT,

for the songs, as long as it's about 3 mins, it's more than enough, cos you wun be using the whole song anyway, just the starting part of it.. so make sure your starting is nice loh.. most important..

for 1st march in, i chose "I'm Your Angel" by Celine Dion and R.Kelly.. and for 1st presentation, i chose "One and One" by Robert Miles.. If you dun have any songs in mind, you can let the hotel choose for you, they do have a list of songs which you should have received when you signed up the package..

happyflower

Hi gals

I am glad to hear that M Hotel serve great food! Thks YL for sharing the info with us all brides-to-be at M! Been very tied up with work recently that why no time to come to this thread and catch up.

mission

Hi all,

I'm new to this thread. My wedding dinner is also at M Hotel, on 7 Dec. It's great to learn the food at M Hotel has improved! 8) Earlier I've heard comments that it is not so good... but we still booked cos quite impressed with the ballroom and bridal suite.