M Hotel Singapore

qiqi09

Jhoo,

u sure abt the bubble effect? coz when i sign up with them, Aaron mention that they only hv dry ice effect.. so i am not sure abt it..

Ashlady.. few more days to go.. counting down!! must be excited...

man_tou_bear

Hello!

Ash, heehee i m excited for u too! try to relax!! jia you today and that's it.. when will u be back to work? gg for HM??

Honeybaby, i won't top up too simply becos the deco is already enuff.. plus not many ppl rem the deco, unless ppl who wanna get married or just married. so no use spending so much for it... just my opinion.. my advice is to go and take a look at the function rm during a wedding and judge for urself.. now ponder abt it also no use cos u dunno wat's enuff right?

Abt the abalone, its one whole abalone each. each is abt 5-8cm big.. not sliced.. very yummy.. heeehee.. oops just drooled.. *slurp*

Jhoo, are u sure abt that? hrmm may be there is lor but u are the first bride that has it then.. so far have not heard any M Hotel brides having the bubbles... i think u can ask for the petals but i think if u have one, i double u get the other lor.. u know wat i mean right? anyway no harm asking!
happy.gif

tunagirl

Hi Kittyrain
hehe.. juz wanna check out his service cos met up with him a couple of times, though no complains abt him, he is friendly and nice, but juz feel he doesn't seem to be e kind to go e extra mile..

ashlady

hi honeybaby,
yes, the abalone is one whole piece one like how bear described! hee...very tender. Shld try for ur food tasting!
happy.gif

hi bear,
I'm taking abt 3 wks of leave for honeymoon! hee..cant clear everything..so just try to clear the more impt things in office! haha. :p

hi piglet,
yes..pretty excited. These few days are the crux!

qiqi09

wow... Ash jiayou and enjoy ur break n the honeymoon... i also understand that these few days u will hv alot of things to do!!

Honeybaby, if i think that the deco is ok then i wont top up le.. dun wan to spend more $.. hehe..

Jen, i dun think i will be giving angbao to the banquet staff..

jhoo

piglet, bear, yah, i ask zul last year and they stated in the contract..ar...i dont care, they must have that coz i sign partly because of that. before that i bought a few those kind of bubble for my guests to blow that day and i throw it away liao..will ask them again

junior22

Hmm,if i didnt remember wrongly,i think i heard Zul say they will use bubble for function room and dry ice will be for banquet room if they have 2 wedding on the same day.

jarbebe

Hello... I have earlier checked on the bubbles march in. The function room will have bubble effects for march-in. They have purchased a bubble machine (not bubble guns) for it. The banquet suite will only have dry ice and no bubbles (unless no one uses it in the function room that day).

qiqi09

thanks jarbebe for the clarification!

dunno if someone is holding at the function room.. coz it will be good to hv the bubble machine!

everafter

did Zul mention y function room can hv bubble effect whereas banquet room dry ice? I was thinking of having bubble effect, but mine at banquet room leh

junior22

Ya lor,me too using banquet room but on my AD there is another couple using the functions room so i cannot have the bubble machine lor.

jhoo

could it be because function room ceiling low, much dull in term of lighting. Whereas banquet room ceiling higher, much bigger and brighter and that's why bubble in function room has a better effect and more cosy?

jarbebe

Hallo... I'm holding it at the banquet suite as well.

The reason is as jhoo said: because the function room ceiling is low and the room is much smaller, so the bubbles can fill the room faster and more. Zul said the banquet suite ceiling too high and room too big, so if use the bubble machine, will not have the same effect. That's why only dry ice / fog effect better for banquet suite.

I did ask if I could, can I really want to have the bubble effect in banquet suite. They will have to move the entire bubble-making machine to the banquet suite (apparently quite difficult process). It also depends if anyone has booked function room on that day as priority is for function room.

huan

er.... stacy u're definitely welcome pop by but afraid might disappoint u coz i din really focus on the decor. leave it to aaron to do it :p so it'll be the standard kinda decor
happy.gif

stacy

Huan - no worries...I'm actually wanted to look at the std decor...so at least I know wat to expect that day..but mine is the fxn rm thou...prob I'll go kpo ur room also..hehee

stacy

jhoo - I went to both rooms..fxn n banquet room. But that time we concentrated more on the banquet room...so just give a look at the fxn room only...but due to budget constrain, we took fxn rm in the end. When I went down to sign, it was 7th mth, no wedding then, but our impression of fxn room was not bad also. Tt's y i tot of popping by M hotel to view the wed deco in the fxn room if I m ard the area this weekend.

jhoo

i see. that time i went, there're wedding going on for function and banquet room. Each has pros and cons and im very comfortable with function room
happy.gif
. its really cosy at the function room other than i scare some will be block..

jhoo

Huan, so u will stick to one projector? i wanted 2 but really got problem coz hotel no connector to link up the 2 together

stacy

jhoo...ya I understand the fxn room is a P shape room...but anyway, mine is a small affair..onli 22 tables..aaron said there's no blockage...hw's many tables will u be having?

stacy

jhoo - i think its good to stick to small nos...quite big a crowd also difficult...in terms of punctuality and also lotsa time need to go round for PS.

I've told some of my friends that my wed will be in M hotel..they were like M hotel? wat hotel? nvr hear before. U gals got such problem?

everafter

i was kinda sianz cos i booked this apr for my wedding next yr june.. But i attended a ex-collegue wedding 3mths ago and ydae jus heard frm my fren that her wedding oso in Mhotel and hers in Mar'07...*sianz* dunno hw our common frens will feel

jhoo

Yah, i just want to invite only good friends, but hubby and his fam got to invite their 'important' customers..no choice. Just do my best not to open up the other partition

Huh,i dont have such problem leh, some even told me the food there is nice and also the restaurant buffet is nice too...nvm lar, just attached the map, Its ok with m-hotel coz its accessible. i have a friend's wedding at sentosa and although they provide bus to sentosa, they are still people complaining in the bus, i think that's worse, heez..

stacy

M also going to invite good friends..only small affair...onli my guy wants to invite almost his whole company..like how can invite one n not the other...anyway, I told him to 'control' on his list of invite liao..hehee..guys!!

huan

Hi jhoo,
er... i din know got 2 projectors! haha... me very blur one... i dunno how many i'll b using leh :X

jhoo

huan, we have to pay for the 2nd projector, but one problem is that there is no connector for the 2 projectors, which mean we will need someone to play the video at the same time from the 2 sources..scarly 2 play at different pace...no way to purchase that connector coz i heard its thousand over dollars..my VG has, but too short...

anyway, i have confirmed that i will be having bubble machine liao
happy.gif

anastasia

I guess whether it's bubble or dry ice, it does not really matter since we are having our wedding reception/dinners indoors. There's one time i attended a wedding outdoors at oriental hotel beside their pool, and it happened that the wind was blowing in reverse direction against the direction that the couple was marching in. The poor attendant tried so hard to make the dry ice 'move' towards the other direction, but of course it didn't work! So i guess anyone is having wedding reception outside should focus just on throwing petals instead.

minniemouse7780

anyone knows where we can put our wedding albums on that day? at the reception table?

Also, will there be a stand provided to put our wedding photos etc?

jhoo

Sorry don't get what u mean when mention indoor or outdoor, anyway, i know that m-hotel can do a good job for me on that day
happy.gif

kittyrain

Hi tunagirl,
Ya he is friendly but so far nv hear any bad things abt him lei.
Mayb he will not go extra mile, cos i heard there is oni 2 wedding co-ordinator for M hotel. Not like other hotels they hv afew co-ordinators handling weddings.

anastasia

Oh, outdoor meaning you know some couples will hold their receptions beside their hotel pools/gardens? In other words, no cover above the heads.

jhoo

oh anastasia, i got it.. U are referring to 2 things, one is the bubble machine, and the other is outdoor event..i tot its together and really cant find the linkage, haha..okie..i seldom see people have dry ice for outdoor..

man_tou_bear

Hello!

Stacy, i fell sick last Wed and have not recovered till now... doc tot it was dengue initially.. now no voice..

went to test the AV system today.. Just wanna share a tip with u guys, U can increase ur tables and NOT decrease ur tables 4 days before ur wedding... dun be blur like me hor...

stacy

Bear...

Hw are u feeling now? No voice...cannot be dengue lah. Drink more water, gal...don't be kan jiong, take plenty of rest!

Thanks for the tip...I know that..tt's y I put the min tables... if u want to decrease the no..think muz inform way in advance, else u still have to pay for the min table as in the contract.

lu_meihua

hi Bear, wanna wish to congrats u once again for coming wedding and SHARE PHOTOS!!!

Huan, i also wanna see ur photos leh..thanks!

minniemouse7780

hi all, anyone have more than 25 tables in the function room? zul send me the seating plan. The tables from 25 onwards are very far behind. Worried that they will not be able to see the stage.

stacy

Megg - I tot it would be good if you could contact the wedding coordinator at M hotel before going down. At least they will advise u if any wedding on at fxn this sat n sun and you can clarify with them any questions.