inviting exes

use sgbride for a lot of my wedding prep. now I got a small prob. my htb wants to invite his ex to the wedding because I'm inviting mine. my ex and I are still good friends because we come from the same workplace. I actually agreed to let him invite his ex but like sometimes I feel a bit iffy leh coz she's really pretty and they ended with her dumping him like 3 years ago. shouldn't be a prob rite?

bearine

Hmmm, i dun think it will affect much since both of you will be superb busy.
But if it makes your husband uncomfortable, then shldnt invite...? Let your colleague/ex know, I guess he wouldnt mind. Can save angbao $ too.

If you feel iffy, I bet your htb will feel the same or even worse, esp. those egoistic male.

jkwedding308

use sgbride for a lot of my wedding prep. now I got a small prob. my htb wants to invite his ex to the wedding because I'm inviting mine. my ex and I are still good friends because we come from the same workplace. I actually agreed to let him invite his ex but like sometimes I feel a bit iffy leh coz she's really pretty and they ended with her dumping him like 3 years ago. shouldn't be a prob rite?

So you're the one feeling iffy about your fiancé inviting his ex but what about him? I know you mentioned he invited his ex because you invited yours but does he feel neutral about inviting his ex or is he actually iffy about it as well? Best to have a frank talk with him. Let him know why you invited your ex but tell him that he isn't obligated to invite his just because you did for yours. Explore how he feels about inviting his ex as well as how he feels about you inviting yours. You can be honest about how you're feeling iffy about him inviting his and discuss what is the mutual approach to take here. It can only end up in 1 of 3 possibilities:

1) You invite your ex. He does too.
2) You invite your ex. He doesn't.
3) Neither one of you invite your exes.

Ps. His ex may be pretty and may have dumped him 3 years ago but this should not be a hit to either you or your fiance's ego. External beauty only runs skin-deep and is one of the more superficial aspects of a relationship - there are other more important aspects that maintain and strengthen a relationship. Whatever reason she has for dumping him back then, things would have changed over the last 3 years. So long as both you and your fiancé are happy with each other and are willing to compromise and make things work, your eventual marriage will be the one that is built to last and is the one that matters in years and decades to come.

miloice

What is this tit for tat? You invite your friend because of the friendship, he just happens to be your ex as well. Him invitating his ex should be also similar. Nothing about you invited, so, he also invite.

buddhabar

Why so fuss over such things? You are going to be so busy on your wedding night, and yet still have to deal
with EXs? frankly, I doubt you and your husband will even notice their presence that night.
if you do feel so insecure and uncomfortable to the extend it may even spoil your day of a lifetime,
then please tell your husband straight, on the wedding night he will either see you or her.
Its your day my dear, you can be wilful I guess.....