Intercontinental Singapore

moodyliser

You can view 2012 package @ SingaporeBrides.com

Would recommend to book IC durng their wedding fair as they will give FreeFlow of Beer and 1 botttle of wine per confirmed tanle (normally 1 barrel and 15 bottles). During the recent fair, they even give $50 off per table. With addition perks of extra carpark coupons, 1 night delux room stay for helpers. You may even get candy bar
happy.gif

weddingnss

Hi, I would like to let go of my wedding lunch package at Intercontinental next year 02 Dec 2012 and am looking for a couple to take over. Am willing to let go at a discount. Please let me know if you are interested.

mintyy

Hi NSS, is your package still available? i'm thinking of holding wedding lunch (Sunday) in Dec 2012 (not 2 Dec tho). Thought it should be possible to change date on your side? If so, could you send me your package details at [email protected]. Thanks!

rachelolive

i am a IC BTB! My AD is May 2012.
I booked my banquet through wedding show and I feel that the perks were quite good!
I had free flow of beer, 1 btl of wine per confirmed table and most importantly $100 off per table from the 2012 package.. Cos my AD is the non-peak period... I suggest BTB to signed up during their wedding shows =)

xiaomau

im posting here because i just had a wedding dinner at the intercontonental hotel- bugis vault ballroom last night- and i really think tats the worst dinner i have been to.

the entire dinner was screwed up, i was so digusted that i didnt really try the food- i literally give up.

after the couple's 1st march in, the guest were seated... and obviously it's the 1st dish presentation- and the entire ballroom sat there waiting for a good 3-5 min for the 1st dish music- i really dun think this is acceptable. we talked to the banquet manager and he mentioned he needs to find the file?!!! the newly wed didnt specify any 1st dish song... and the hotel said they will have one tat they use most frequently- and they cant find a frequently used file for a good 5 min?

after the whole big hoo-ha- we told them they had to at least make the 2nd march in a good one.... only to be informed they need the sound technician to come n play the music and all- this makes me start thinking is the earlier 5 min wait due to the MIA sound tech....

the 2nd march in- they told the couple not to come down so early... because the sound tech is at the grand ballroom... we took the risk to have the banquet manager do the "press play" function ... the song and all came out well BUT!! gues what?

the door cant be open... only 1 panel opened... and the other one.. that waiter gave a obvious face like as if he is so helpless... the couple had no choice but to march in through 1 panel of the door... the helpless waiter only realise... the door was locked.

seriously i dunno who locks the door panel during wedding... they stood there for a good 10 min for the morning highlights to play and not even knowing if the door can be opened?!!

the banquet manager wasnt the least affected- it was as if all his problems are not his problems.

i have been a bride myself and i think all this are not acceptable- thus i m posting the incident here so that pple are warned. I'll check with the groom on the banquet manager's name - you might want to be warned if u are getting him for your wedding...

seriously.. im part of the jiemei team and for all the efforts that we have done- the hotel really screwed up the show.. yes.. it's ot something that we can control but they have obviously ruin the most important night for the couple.

i know that the grand ballroom will obviously get the priority but sharing a sound tech or having the lousy team? come on.. if they cant handle the 2 weddings, i think they shouldnt have done it... ruining someone's big day is obviously deadly.

dear all, please be warned.

pinkalicious

Hi hi. we were the wedding couple in the grand ballroom on 1 Oct.

For me, the actual day coordination in the banquet was really good.
happy.gif
I guess we are really really fortunate to have Kim Hock as our banquet manager. He is really nice! My main coordinator, family members and helpers have nothing but praises for him, he is really pro-active, and gave clear instructions, even helped us packed the stuff (albums etc) neatly after the banquet started.

I promised my guests to start on time. We quite made it - march in at 8.20 and ended off by 10pm, we are back to room by 11pm after the handshake and some photo takings. But did heard that the dinner was served quite hastily and they cleared off the plates w/o asking.

Nevertheless the guests whom I talked to say that the food is really good! heard they served Lychee tea to some guests which was nice.

Overall, the people there were all really nice and reasonable when you talked to them or request for stuff. And they did most of the time try to make up to us for other small areas because they didn't do a good job in other areas. I really appreciate the gestures because I think they area showing that they care and bother to do service recovery.

For other areas, it wasn't perfect for the high price we are paying. For e.g., we already told the coordinator we will be arriving the hotel to check in. I even gave her the carplates no. But when I reached hotel, we waited for a good 20 mins with no one approaching us. I was even in my kua and accessories and pretty obvious that I am a bride I thought. But alot of the staff just walked past me and pretending that I am there to wait for someone. Thereafter, someone FINALLY came to us and asked us how he can help. He brought us to the lounge area and even sent in juices for the ladies + water though we asked for water. Then waited for another 5 min. My coordinator disappeared during the time. Actually I should call her but I only sms her. After that she did explain that she was really too busy at that time.

Then they don't let my friends x 2 car to valet park and wanna charge us for the valet parking charges (I already told her that this two cars will be valet parked as part of the package and she said she will arrange). So that took abit of time to resolve.

When we checked out, we requested for the conceirge services. It took half an hour + 2 phone calls to make that guy come up. Sigh. I was starting to feel good about the hotel again, but then they disappointed me again.

Of course there were some other hiccups before and after the wedding.

But overall it was great walking into the ballroom, really grand. And because of all the awesome pple (hotel + my sisters + my husband) helping me, I felt really good and relax on the actual day!!
happy.gif

i went to the roadshow ytd.. perks are additional candy and martini bar for weekdays and and weekends can only choose one..

anyone win the satine bridal worth $2388?

2012 package are as follows: 988++ for mon-thurs
1238++ for friday, sunday and eve of pH
1338++ for saturday and pH

I feel that their weekdays are reasonable. weekends are over-priced. for the kind of price.. can go for shangri-la.. alot of people are not aware that intercon is so ex for weekends thus most of the couples who held their wedding there suffered big losses.

sc1982

Hi all

I have signed up with intercon because i love the ballroom and hotel. However i find their wedding themes rather limited. What do you all think?

unity58

tks valentine. Hw abt weekend lunch? Wat the price and perks? Sigh missed the roadshow. By the way do u received any confirmation letter from them? I registered with them a long time but they never send me any confirmation letter. Or is it possible u to send me the package thru email. If you can it be wonderful. Anyway tks in advance.

Sc1982: i find the wedding themes is good enough.. simply and classic. match the ballroom overall.

Christopher: lunch is 908++ lunch im not sure what perks they have. it actually depends on how u negotiate with them.. if u have more tables it is easier.. i never receive confirmation letter.. just drop by and take a look that's all.. the handouts is the same as what is shown in their website.. u can check there..
http://www.singapore.intercontinental.com/wedding/InterContinentalSingapore_WorldofWedding20112012.pdf

unity58

thanks valentine.

I do believe they have a different special perks if you book from the roadshow right? Cause I rmb there is always an extra piece of paper showing the extra perks if you book during the show. Do you have that?

Thanks.

Nope.. There isnt any stated in the handouts. The coordinator only tell me bout the martini and candy bar if booked at the wedding show.. Handouts they give is exactly the same in the website.

unity58

okie thanks valentine....quite surprised they do not have any extra perks during the show. So did you sign up and get anything extras??
happy.gif

houseoflove

sc1982, i also find their current themes rather limited. at the last intercon wedding show, there were 5 wedding themes..i ask the coordinator and they strike off the other 2 cos it was'nt as popular and no new themes coming up. i very sad la!

houseoflove

christopher, if you are interested to book for intercon i would advise you to email them directly. they are in the best position to answer your enquiries. sometimes they might extend the extra perks to u for a few days after the roadshow but tats it. i dun tink there is any chance to have the same perks even if you have an extra piece of paper. you might be able to wing extra perks out of them if you signed up on the day of the wedding show and really really beg them..cos tats wat i did..

sc1982

Houseoflove, my friend had her wedding at intercon last yr and she has a nice theme which is pink n black. When r u having ur wedding?mine is nx yr and i do hope they have more themes by then

unity58

hi houseoflove,

so you have signed up with them? Do you mind emailing the extra perks that you have "beg" with them? Can email to me at [email protected]

Thanks.

===========================================

Hi valentine,

how about you? Can also email me the extra perks you got to [email protected]

Thanks alot.

houseoflove

sc1982, ya i know which type u talking about..thought its really nice but the coordinator say its not so popular bcos got black colour..i thought it looked quite cool though~!

they better come up with new themes siah..all the same old, same old..so boring..and i find that the table decor is really plain, when u compare it to the pretty ballroom..

christopher, sorry wun be able to share with u the extra perks..cos i signed up directly on the day of the wedding show and paid the 5k deposit on the spot..so its different la..and the perks each couple gets differ on their negotiation skills..

houseoflove

but do go down to the next wedding show, it helps in getting a better deal..if i am not wrong, last wk roadshow they got offer free flow beer rite? and discount on each table..but i cun remember how much..wasnt't noticing the perks given cos i signed up at the previous wedding show already.

claratan

the turn up rate wasn't as well as expected for the wedding show last week. quite sian cause the winners of the lucky draw did not stay to collect the prizes. they should have done a redraw eh?

houseoflove

Hmm the singer who is singing..i dunno her name..but as a live band, yours truly are ok. I am trying to sign up with them, but be warned their follow ups are really slow or none at all. Not all singers are good..i find the guys on the weak side..

we went for the wedding show last week. they email us for collection of the satine bridal voucher.. it stated $2388 for rental of a off the rack gown. -_- think it might be a trap cuz satine doesnt have good reputation though. and also no point getting juz a gown.. later sure kana psycho to pay money.

clara: thanx.. think the voucher abit pointless also. hahs. anyway u holding ur wedding at intercon? Im still waiting for MIL to sum up the number of guests she has though.

houseoflove

Seriously intercon ballroom is really nice, just a pity their themes pale in comparison. Went down mandarin oriental ballroom yesterday, love their themes..

sshl85

Hi all, new to this forum, I'm an intercon btb in nov 12. Their ballroom is one of the much better ones I've visited so far, projectors are well placed & ballroom layout allows the couple a longer march in (if preferred). Themes wise generally compliments the ballroom decor.