Intercontinental Singapore

milktea20

hi, anyone going to sign up with Intercon recently?
I was told that we have to pay a deposit of 30% of our confirmed tables instead of the usual 5k..

Isit true?

Thks

rongz

Hello! I'm new here.. I signed up with Intercon too.. my AD will be in Nov. When I booked in Aug'09, the deposit is 5K not sure about now.

I hope I can use the existing theme (Timeless Classic), coz Jane was telling me they may have a new set of theme in Nov.

milktea20

Hi Rong,

Ya, I guess I would have to ask my coordinator on why the sudden increase of down payment. Anyway that's not an issue.

Any idea what is the max table for Intercon?
My coordinator told me 37.
But I saw the info from sg brides main page the max for Intercon is 40 tables. Weird.

My wedding is in May, hope everything goes well =)

rongz

milktea20>> not sure the max table. But maybe your coordinator is implying that the min table for dinner is 35 confirmed tables + 2 reserved tables... Coz mine is lunch and she also quoted 25+2.

lemonicesky

Hi Rongz, you signed up for the lunch package? I'm thinking of having lunch at InterContinental too.. But seems like not much review for lunch at InterContinental.. Any idea if the standard is the same for lunch?

greybean

Hello all,
thanks for all the info on intercon!

anyone booked intercon tea room for tea ceremony and solemnization? I know other hotels provide a room for free but Intercon is charging me $3000. is this the same offer as any one of you out there?

milktea20

Rong, mine is also lunch. Max tables for the ballroom is 37 tables.

lemonicesky, when I was checking around for a lunch banquet, the only difference is Intercon - 7 course instead of 8.

jolin, I think I will be using the space outside the ballroom for my tea ceremony. Do you mean they are charging $3k for using bugis vault as your tea ceremony room? That's abit too ex..

You girls going to sign up during BOWS 2010?

rongz

lemon_ice_sky>> Yes, mine is the lunch package. I didn't go research on the lunch standard. I hope it's good.. keep my fingers crossed. I only know that the lunch is 7-course, short of a vegetable dish, whereas at fullerton, the lunch is also 7 course but it is short of a prawn dish.

milktea20>> maybe 40 will be too squeezy.

jolin>> I'm also using the space outside as the coordinator told me if I need a function room for tea ceromony, it will be chargeable.

yuki_81

Hi all,

I will be having my food testing at Intercontinental pretty close to my wedding date. As such, I was told that I cannot change the dish thereafter even if I don't like. Are there any dishes that I must avoid and a definite "no no" to begin with. Once I submit my menu, it will be fixed. Thanks.

gingoh

Hi Mei, u mean to say u need to confirm the menu even before u get to taste them? How close is the food tasting date to your wedding?

jolenevoo

Hi all,

The items are still available for sale, please email me @ [email protected] for more details.
- Pink organza stripes to tie around guests' chairs (48 pieces)
- Pink feather wedding pen with pen holder (1 set)
- Two ocean wine @ special price (24 bottles)

milktea20

Mei (yuki_81), I think you after you decided what you want in the menu, you go for food tasting. After food tasting, if you really want to change certain dish, cannot free food tasting again but am sure they will still do for you at a certain charge.

wiggie

tingleling - you manage to contact your coordinator already? we have sent in a complaint and met up with the head with regards to our unhappiness. They have compensated us of an amount which we are not allowed to disclose. That said, the compensation relates partly to the mistakes that they have made as well...I'm hoping that all the parties involved would improve their performance/service. He said that they have allocated more headcount to the banquet department...so technically you should be getting prompt replies from them...

hi mei - what's the reason that your food tasting is so close to your wedding date? is it a screw up on their part or maybe you didnt have the time to go down for the food tasting. if it's on their part, i think they should accomodate your requests. any case, the food tasting as Tingleling has mentioned, is below expectations. So definitely need to make some changes here and there...

All - for the food tasting, it's best to record the details of any changes on the feedback form they give you. For my case, we wrote some in the feedback form and the rest was communicated verbally between our parents and the chef in dialect. in the end, my coordinator came back and asked us for details about the changes to be made for the food which I couldn't remember entirely and they couldn't communicate with the chef thoroughly about the feedback given earlier.

Bottomline - Just be more dilligent since the coordination and communication on their side might be below par.

Good luck for all your preps!
happy.gif

2010btb

hi all intercon BTB,

I am taking the timeless classic theme and would like to ask whether any of you are keen to share in blue cloth to tie the ribbon around the chairs for the normal tables to make the ballroom more 'blue'? We currently have a few sharing, but if more ppl are sharing, the costs would be lower. It should be ard $200 if anyone of you is keen. I've pictures of the mock ribbon tie-up. Please pm me if you are keen to share. Thanks!

milktea20

I know it's crazy but I might chgn my venue to Conrad instead of intercon so can't share the additional deco w u all anymore.
Somehow happier that Conrad seems to be more flexible on evrything other things that I wan compare to intercon's straight nos.
Anyhow, ur wedding at intercon will definitely be really pretty!

2010btb

hi milktea,

no problem on that. Conrad is very nice too! Anyway, i thought your wedding is in Apr or May? still got time to change to Conrad?? hehe, but all the best to your prep too!! =)

gingoh

Hi Wiggie, I am going for my food tasting next week. Any dishes that should be avoided? Im getting worried after reading your post as my parents are quite picky about food. sigh........

Milktea = Conrad is definitely more accomodating towards changes, i was undecided between Conrad and Intercon initially too. The most impt thing it that u r happy with the wedding. Jiayou!
happy.gif

milktea20

hi 2010btb n Gin,

Yaloh, my AD is 2 May, that's why I said it's crazy to want to chgn venue now. Lol.
Interms of themes, I think Intercon better.
Interms of ballroom, both as nice.
But because I need to do my tea ceremony in the hotel, Conrad seems alot more accommodating and the perks are easier to discuss.
Then agn, Conrad table cost for lunch is higher. Haha..
This once in a life time event is really taking away my savings man. Lol.

rongz

Milktea>> Conrad is nice!! My friend had her wedding over there. Like the reception area with the grand piano. Btw, will your down-payment be forfeited ?

milktea20

Hi Rongz, nope coz I changed my mind on the day I supposed to go down to make down payment.
If I had already signed up, I definitely wouldn't change the venue because Intercon is just as nice.
Expect alot of things not flexible lah.
But the ballroom is just as nice as COnrad =)

wiggie

Hi Gin, sorry to reply so late. Have u gone for your food tasti yet? We didn't particularrly like the smoked tea duck bec there wasn't any tea taste. They actually cook it first then smoke for 5-10min so no tea taste. Cold plate, didn't like the bean curd skin (can't quite rem what it was and i don't have the menu with me now...sorry!). That was quite hard to chew so we did away with it.

The orh nee dessert was good though. Pple liked that. Instead of coconut milk, they use honey; quite nice and different from the norm.

The cereal prawns were good too. I can't quite rem the dishes off hand bec I didn't eat much that night...and I don't have the menu with me now...sorry gin!

gingoh

Hey Wiggie,

My food tasting is next Thursday. Thanks for the tips! I have selected cereal prawns as an additional dish so hope that it's nice.

I ordered the mango dessert as my parents were concerned that orh nee might be too hot and not everyone can make good orh nee..but now i might change my mind..hehe
happy.gif

Thanks for ur help!!

paultina

Hi All,
Just held my wedding in early march at Intercontinental. service was good and professional. Jane is very nice and helpful. but the fish was really lousy. Like many other commented here, the fish is hard... i had commmented on that during my food tasting, but is still the same on my actual day. even my guests told me that the fish is weird(y is it hard??) Perhaps they should change the fish supplier..

kenx

I've just signed up early this year for banquet in sep 2011. i noe i'm super kiasu but wanna get this over and done with. it's still 5k as downpayment.

does anyone have any idea whether we can pre-pay before the banquet? coz i have this credit card that gives a $300 rebate with $6000 spent in every quarter. so could save a bit if i start to pre-pay early. I noe some hotels allow but some don't.

wiggie

Hi kenix Mun, yes, they do allow you to pre-pay. That's what I did for mine too
happy.gif

just ask your coordinator that you wanna do so and arrange timings to head down and pay at the counter.

tse509jordan

Hi Jolene Voo,

Could u pls check you mail.
I have send u a private email with regards to your sales item.

Hope to hear from u soon, cheers
Nicholas

gingoh

Dear all,

I just held my wedding banquet at Intercon on 3rd April and I would like to share some of my thoughts with you gals here.

First of all, I would like to thank Jane for all her help, patience and advice throughout the last few weeks leading up to the event. It was really a stressful period as both hubby and I were busy with our work and had little time to plan for the event itself. Jane was always patient with us and very prompt in replying to our queries. We were just so thankful to have her with us!

Next, our banquet manager, Kim Hock, is a super nice guy! He was always smiling, friendly and really on-the-ball. I didn't have much time to interact with him on that night but my brother and hubby said he was really great and nice to work with. My jiemei misplaced the angbao that I wanted to give to my nanny and couldn't find it anywhere. When he knew about it, he immediately went to search for it and luckily, he found it!
happy.gif
I forgot to ask if he's still single though! haha, can introduce to my jiemeis...hehe..

Thirdly, the food that night was great except for the cold dish which the guests said was not tasty and portions were too little. Other than that, they basically cleaned up every dish.
happy.gif

A few areas of improvement though, the dishes were served too fast and the guests commented that the staff seemed to be hurrying them even though our banquet started promptly at 8.15pm. That was one big 'complaint' that we got for the night.

Also, some guests feedback that wine was not served and the service staff was not prompt in refilling their glasses.

Lastly, their valet service needs to be improved. We parked our wedding car at the lobby but due to a lapse in communication, the valet guys told us that they were not told abt it and did not want to valet park our car. my hubby was rather pissed off with their not-too-friendly attitude. We had to get the frontdesk staff to go speak to them to get it resolved.

All in all, we were really glad to hold our wedding at Intercon as the atmosphere was superb that night and the guests felt that it was a grand and beautiful evening. Most importantly, our parents were proud of us that night!
happy.gif

Thank u Jane and Kim Hock for everything!

P/S: I have extra angbao box for Timeless classic and also cloth to tie ribbons behind the chairs. If u need any of these, kindly drop me an email at [email protected]

Cheers!
Gin

tse509jordan

Hi Shu Yen

Thanks for sharing your photos? Mind if I ask where u took your photography for and how much u paid for the charges?? Any videographer to recommend as well??

tse509jordan

Hi Gin Goh,

Congrats once again. I am holding my wedding later this year in Nov. Been reading some neg comments on Inter-Con and it's seem that their service is not very recommenable. Many of us book Inter-Con due to their beautiful Ball Rm.
I am just keeping my finger cross that things don't go wrong on that AD.

Any Photos or video to share for your AD??

Thanks

Cheers

gingoh

Hey Jordan,

I am very satisfied with Jane's and Kim Hock's service. I understand that there are brides who had a tough time with their coordinators but I must say Jane has been a great help to us. She calls us regularly prior to the wedding and updates us after each discussion. I was so confident of her professionalism that I actually asked for her advice on certain arrangement such as song for fanfare, bottles of wine required, number of coupons needed etc and followed her advice. I guess it really boils down to your relationship with your coordinator. I treated Jane as a friend and trusted her as a friend. There were even instances when I confided in her about the problems that I faced and she was really patient to listen and gave suggestions and encouragement. I appreciated her help very much.

I must say the service during the banquet was not fantastic but I believe couples can sort of "learn" from my experience and ensure that some details are taken care of during their banquet. For eg, talk to the banquet manager about which dish you want to be served by what time (2nd march in, at the end of the table shots etc), get sisters or brothers to go round each table to ensure that wine is being served, get feedback from guests and if there is a need, give these feedback to the banquet manager etc.

Just a sidenote, after we left Intercon, we hopped to Hotel Michael at Sentosa for a short getaway and the service there SUCKS big time! The staff avoided eye contact and NOBODY greeted us in the lobby, along the corridor etc. Im not sure if it happens at all hotels, but I really appreciated the warm service that Intercon had, except for the valet service.

My photos and videos are not ready yet. Will try to post them up when I get them!

Cheers,
Gin

tse509jordan

Hey Gin,

Thanks for your reply. My coordinator is Stephanie. Did not really get to see any particular good comments about her.

Good to hear that you have fond memories of INter-Con. It seem that their standards are not fanatstic as each couple seem to give diff neg feebacks about their services as seen in the forum.

Even for food, many commented about their fish being not very tough, as well as their cold dish.

However I am just going in with a open mind and cross my fingers that things would turn out fine.

SO did you take the wine from INter Con or you have ur own lobang?? Did they allow wine tasting and how much u paid for those??

For the videos and photos, do u mind to give me the contacts??

Cheers

blizzie

hi kenix, you can try emailing the hotel to check if they're gg to have a new theme for '11. from what i know, these current themes are rather new, started '09?

but of coz, if wld be gd to see new themes in '11, else it'll be a little stale & boring to see the same thing again.
happy.gif

good luck & happy preparation!

blizzie

hi missy mimi, i can tell you it's verrrrrry difficult to bargain for extra perks from hotel intercon, they're rather strict when it comes to bargaining for extra stuff, so what you see in the package they offered is more or less what you get liao. but of coz, no harm trying ;-) & gd luck!

cheers & happy preparation for your wedding too!

kenx

my coordinator told me they are likely to have new themes. that's why i'm not considering the current themes. no point since would have changed in 2011.

jmelodies

Hello All,

I'm here to share my experience with inter-con. I was almost an Inter-con bride until they played me out.

I contacted them 2 weeks ago. Back then, they informed me that there was another couple who reserved the ballroom. Afterwhich, I had many active correspondences with one of the co-ordinators - Stephanie.

Recently Stephanie mentioned another 3rd party being keen and require us to confirm asap. Which we did.

However, she then informed that the first couple decided to take it up AFTER we confirmed...As a result, we cannot have the ballroom anymore!!

We were shocked! There was NO mention of the first couple in the later communications. Since she asked us to confirm the venue, wouldn't it imply that the first couple has rejected the offer?

I have been really disappointed. My wedding date is drawing near and my hopes are dashed. I need to re-look for a new venue...

So, ladies, please learn from my lesson here. Always ensure that your co-ordinator does a throughout check for you.

cathkweh

melodies- When is your wedding date?
I ahve tentatively booked the ballroom as well recently, maybe can share some experience.

vernica

Oh dear, so sorry to hear that melodies.
I realize many from this thread do not hav gd comments for steph as well.
I personally liaise with Yvonne, Jane n recently, Nora as Jane was on leave.
So for BTb who is considering intercon might jus hav to take note of this.

jmelodies

Yes.. it was so disappointing! I have to search the venue all over again. And it's only <3 months to my AD..!!

So infuriating. She denied any fault on her side. Zero service recovery.