Intercontinental Singapore

jernelle

Hi all , just had my wedding banquet at IC on 1st August n it was definitely a wonderful experience for us ! Many of our guests commented that the ambience , the deco , the food and some even say its one of the best wedding they had attended ! So not to worry ! Just relax and leave everything to ur helpers and enjoy because its YOUR DAY ! I am still missing that special n magical day !

Food : seafood was fresh and even the vegetarian diet was gd ! when i had the banquet food in our room after the dinner( they put it in warmer ! ) , the abalone was thick and bigger than food tasting . My relatives say their abalone use gd one
happy.gif

Wine and beer consumption : we used up 46 bots of red wine n beer around 1.5 barrels . mine falls on a sat .

Service : No complaints from our guests at all !

The banquet staffs which helped us to open the door for march-ins even tok to us to distract us from our nervousness ! nice gesture !

vernica

phew~ thank u so much for sharing Jernelle.
its definitely heartwarming n helpful to hear.

anyone has any photographers to intro?

Thanks

edea_12

Hi Jernelle,

Thanks for the feedback!! Definitely put our mind at ease to know that we made the right choice.
How many tables you have? Mine is a Sat lunch, will be about 30 tables. Was wondering if 30 bottles of wine & 1 barrel of beer will be sufficient for lunch.

jernelle

Hi edea,

we have 38 tables .
happy.gif
I think not alot of pple will drink during lunch as compared to dinner.if thats ur concern, u may want to ask ur hotel coordinator to serve the wine n beer only after guests are seated in the ballroom or standby bots of wine? For us, we only serve the wines when guests are seated in the ballroom coz it will be quite wasteful actually if served during cocktail as guests will be wandering ard. An important tips is to have many good helpers ard and one or two main key helpers to coordinate with the banquet manager so that they can take care of everything n u and ur htb dun have to worry a thing !
hope this helps !
happy.gif

kidnomore

hi jernelle, congrats & thanks for yr input. it's wonderful to hear that your wedding was a wonderful experience for you & yr hubby.. hee hee..

mine's coming soon, in another 3 months time & i can't wait!!!
kao_happy.gif

mydestinee1101

hi i was just wondering for those of you who has had your AD with IC, can share with me the photos. i cant find any on the web.. i will like to know how the themes look like. the one on IC website is so tiny..

thanks a million!

[email protected]

paultina

Dear IC couples,

Any of u sign up with IC with free tray of butler passed canapés menu(for cocktail-someting like snacks..)?

my co-ordinator has just send me an email revising the canapés menu. The revise one is not as good as the previous menu i had. i am not quite happy wif them revising the menu.

zhanglilian

Hi Selina, May I ask you what's the estimation cost from T-dragon? I'm also sourcing for printing centres and I live in the west thus IC printer is veri far.

kittydia

Hi Jernelle! Thanks for sharing! I just signed up with Intercon last week, im still excited over it, would you share with us your wedding website?

Would like to know if you ask your helpers to combine table if some of the guests didn't like turn up?

Haha, please share with us the tips to manage an enjoyable wedding!

Thanks Heaps!

jernelle

hi shufen and janice , i dun have a wedding blog or webby as hubby dun like the idea of putting our photos online....
sad.gif

hi shufen , i can feel ur excitement here !
happy.gif
i didnt ask my helpers to combine the table coz most of our guests turn up . but i did heard my friend say most helpers will try to combine table if some tables quite empty .but u have to see hw many cfm tables u hv . dun waste tables that u had paid for .

relax and enjoy this once in a lifetime preparation process !
happy.gif

kittydia

actually, the room can hold up to 40 tables...so if you have 30 tables and some tables you want to cater for 11 person, it's possible. just dat you've to inform the hotel to cater for a larger table top... if you've 40 tables and all the tables you wanna hold 11 person, that it might be too cramp...

psx2sg

Hi All

I'm new to the forum so 'hi' to all. Just like to have a quick check if anyone else got this 'issue' from IC (Stephanie).

I'm preparing my wedding banquet for next year so currently i'm calling and arranging for viewing of ballrooms and discussion on packages from different hotels. But the attitude from IC surprises me, I called them 2 days back to check if we could arrange to see the ballroom and talk about the details, I was attended by Stephanie and as I was telling her we could only meet during weekends or after work, this is her reply : "we will only be able to attend on weekend if there is event because we dont work on wkends...", I told her i understand that so if it is possible to go after work in any of the weekdays, she replied "our working hour is till 6pm, and we'll not be able to stay back as we have our personal committment..."

I have called several hotels to make arrnagement, and almost all entertains you or arrange people to show you around on either weekdays or weekends no one ever told me "i dont work OT because I've got 'personal committment?'"

I dont know they are so 'in demand' until they can 'shoo' customer away? or is it just me being too demanding? :s

kittydia

Hi James

i would think that Stephanie is relaying to you as a matter of factly which might be true for her case...But perhaps, as a customer, to tell you the truth, i would expect that they would at least adjust their schedule to go a bit of extra mile to attend to us.

However, on hind sight, Steph has so many customers and many of them would request to meet her during weekends or at 7pm, 8pm or 9pm on weekdays...then quite often on weekends. If this is the case, then she needs to stay back to attend to us...which if I'm in her shoes, then perhaps, i might not be too willing to stay back also. Coz OT but no OT pay ma...

Perhaps, if you really want to meet her in person, you can check with her when she has a wedding event on a weekend. Arrange to meet up with her on the wedding event ay itself in the afternoon say around 3pm, so that

a) You can view the set up of the ballroom
b) You can let her know you're coming and request to view the bridal suite
c) You can talk to her and run through the package with her

In this way, you can kill 3 birds in 1 stone and she needn't stay back also.

Hope this helps (^o^)

Hi Kidnomore

i think it sld be inclusive, but a more accurate source would be you check with Intercon IC...haha...coz im not very sure but i would think it sld include the VIP tables.

=)

psx2sg

haha, thanks Lydia for the advice.

Well, OT pay or not i'm not so sure but I think that should be a part of her job scope, to meet client after 6pm don't you think so? but in my case I think she've rejected all after 6pm meetups for her 'personal committment' statement. And frankly, most of the hotel appointment I've fixed is after 8pm and all of them has no problem except IC... but oh well, maybe it's just me la, 'Mr demanding' hahahaha

thanks for the note ;)

kittydia

Hi James

you're not demanding lah, it's just that we all have different levels of expectations. It would be really nice if the hotels can accomodate to us, but really, we can't expect them to accomodate everything to us. To tell you the truth, i negotiate many things with Steph, she didn't say yes to my every request. But I would ask her why and when she explains, i would try to see if it's reasonable or not...then if it's reasonable then i'll accept her suggestions.

I do not think it's part of Steph's job scope to stay back until 8pm, 9pm ... if so, she would have done so and will not reject you if her working hours are up to like 9pm or 10pm right as stated in her JD? Perhaps, for exceptional cases, she might make do some leeway, but i think for general inquiries, perhaps, she would prolly asks her clients to come on weekends during wedding event or earlier on weekdays. Personal commitment to me is a very valid fact lah, but of coz, if she cannot meet us at 8pm or 9pm, she can make other arrangements to meet our needs, like, arrange us to come down on a weekend where there's a wedding going on, then i think it's okay.

Agree with you that IC is not very very accomodating, there are certain things where they're quite strict. But then again, it's the company's way of running their business. But overall, i think they're still reasonable, although, i hope they can be more lenient/accomodating with their perks etc.

I chose IC because of it's central location...and also, their ballroom very nice de! Their suite looks really cosy do...i like, nice nice!

vernica

Hi James,

I don't think you are being unreasonable or demanding as well
happy.gif

Maybe Steph really has personal committments like kids/family to commit to on evenings that's why. My coordinator, Jane, met us twice after 6.30pm on weekdays and once on a Sat afternoon. She did explained that she don't usually work on Weekends unless there is an event that she must see to.

Oh yah, my appt is usually made 2 weeks before the actual meet-up date. So you see, they are really really packed
happy.gif

geramine

hi kidnomore n lydia,

tks for the reply.. we tght of havin ard 35 tables but wishes to have 11 pax per table. coz if put more than tat, i scare too cramp so tght 11 per table wil b gd den i can minize the space.

do u all noe wat to discuss with the co-ord? my AD is in dec but i hvnt cal them up for ani discussion lehz.. totally at a loss..

psx2sg

thanks veron, lydia, so in conclusion it only rounded to one thing... I should have talked to Jane instead of stephanie lol?

But personally I think i'll give IC a letgo which I've heard from more then one source that their service is rather bad(but I think it depends on luck, from the forum some commented good). The CS at Hyatt call me, same issue, dont work on sat, try not to work OT, but however they are super accomodating, will try to see if I can go eariler or discuss about alternative arrangement. I think it is the correct approach which ultimately make you feel they value your business. but oh well, me and IC no fate la

for all you IC brides out there, congrats and good luck ;)

kittydia

Hi Germaine

you can email them...their replies are rather prompt =) Discuss ur qns with your htb...and then, email them...they'll reply you...

11 pax per table, im afraid you might need to add $ of 1 more pax, this u might like to check with IC...

James

yups, i went Hyatt before, was the wedding coordinator for one of my friend's wedding at Hyatt...the food there was greatly critique by us all during the food tasting, but during wedding the food turns up to be yummy...it was one of the best wedding i've ever attended! All the best to your wedding preps too! Thanks for the well wishes =)

vernica

All the best with Hyatt, James.

I saw Hyatt and their coordinator before too. Nice lady. attended a friend's wedding last dec, buffet style luncheon, food was gd
happy.gif

2010btb

Hi James,

I share the same experience as you.... When i contacted IC, Stephanie was the one assigned to me. She just told me matter of factly that she dun work OT or weekends. Subsequently I approached another wedding coordinator, Jane and she told me the same thing.

BUT the difference between them is their attitude. You can put across negative message is a positive way i.e. that is basic customer service. Stephanie chose to say it in a very dismissive tone, as if she is not interested in our biz. Jane is much more tactful and friendly and volunteer us with dates on weekends where she would be around to meet us.

There was once Stephanie called me to discuss abt the package and I was busy at work. So I told her that I would return her call, which i did at 6 plus evening time. She did not pick up & she did not try to contact me at all again. No follow up email either. Nothing.

Honestly speaking, I was so pissed off with Stephanie's attitude that i was comtemplating droping IC as my venue though it was my no 1 choice venue. Good thing Jane came along and I am much happier with her.

Both Stephanie and Jane are strict with their perks, which i am fine since its their company policy. But I much prefer to work with Jane cos she makes you feel like she is putting her best effort to help you.

Sorry that this sounds like a Stephanie-bashing post but I was rather upset by her previously... she nearly ruined my IC dream wedding... ahahahaha.

kidnomore

hi germaine, errrrr.. if it's every table that you're looking at sitting 11 pax, then i'm not sure if it's ok with IC, u may hv to check with them?

coz my idea was probably 1 or 2 tables with 11 or even up to 12 pax, this is fine with IC.
happy.gif

kittydia

i wanted to negotiate for 70% cards but got turned down...got only 60%...anyone of you successfully manage to get 70% wedding invites? thing with IC is dat they're really strict on their perks, i hope they can prove me x!

2010btb

i also got 60% invites but i am thinking of sending the rest via e-cards instead of paying extra $3 for each invite... some friends actually prefer e-card to physical invites.
happy.gif

kittydia

I think i'll do sms, e-invites and send paper cards to all of them lest they forgot and did not turn up...haha...

Anyone of you doing your solemnization or holy matrimony on the same day? Can share with me how your arrangements is like?

princessemma

anyone knows when will be their next wedding show? or which wedding event they are participating?

I missed the previous one as I was outta town..

so sad

psx2sg

Hi Vernica, thanks for the wishes.

Hi 2010, oh you got that from her too huh? wow... maybe i should try my luck on Jane instead...

kittydia

2010 btb...i think Steph is quite good actually. Perhaps, she's a more direct person and but nevertheless, she's experienced and she delivers!

Perhaps upfront, she'll let you know that she's on leave, cannot meet you and stuffs. But we can ask if she can arrange someone else to meet us on behalf of her.

My friends' coordinator is also Steph, their comments is that she's very on the ball...after sucha long time of no contact, Steph actually contact them with her own initiative and remind them to do food tasting and stuffs...

Perhaps, she is not very "sayang sayang" or "ok ok" sort of person, but nevertheless, i think she walks the talk and she deliver the stuffs. That's the most important thing =)

Be it Jane or be it steph, best thing is they deliver and help us to have a wonderful wedding! Each have their strong points lah. Overall, i think Steph is reasonable and she delivers.

But i'm glad that you found Jane who helped you all the way! Most imptly, ur dream wedding can be materialized! Hey, when are you getting married? Do share your photos with us?

2010btb

Hi Lydia,

Like the rest of the btbs says, I think its all boils down to expectation ah.. and i think i am the more 'demanding' type. I expected good cust service from these big hotels..and apparently all other big hotels provided good customer service, so after meeting Step from IC, just feel that the 'standard' is not there, hence the disappointment. =p

But yes, i am glad Jane is there! =)

My wedding is in May 2010.. so still long way to go! Just booked mine at the recent wedding show =)

kittydia

2010 btb...i oso booked mine during the wedding show...alamak, did you manage to get the 1 free table during the lucky draw..mi not very lucky...i onli got the 12 bots of wine
sad.gif

But i got the free dining voucher for 2 at Crowne plaza during the "Grand Lucky Draw"...actually, i quite happy, coz actually i like Crowne, but my future mom and dad-in-law likes Intercon...and i quite like it too...so...no wedding at crowne...but i get the buffet voucher instead...happy happy!

Hey, u got your AD PG VG aldy? I came across this lady from dzign for you...i like her pics...still contemplating whether to use her or not...

http://www.dzignforyou.com/

lemme know what you think yar? =) hehehe...

2010btb

hi lydia,

i also got 12 bottles of wine...i think 85% are 12 bottles of wine, 10% is the complimentary room and only 5% for the free 1 table!

And I did not win any Grand lucky draw prize too... But i am already happy with their wedding perks at the wedding show, so contented already!

I haven sign on any PG but I am keen to get http://www.lightedpixels.com/ cos i like those photojournalistic shots =) still considering overseas shoot or local shoot.

Do you know how much dzignforyou charge? their invites quite nice..but photos not my style. But its just my opinion, no offence k.. cos its all up to individual's preference mah. =))

selina79

Hi Zjw,

Hope i am not too late to reply you.
Mine is printing directly onto 245 pcs of inserts.

Estimated costs around SGD200. I rememeber very clearly there's not much price difference against IC recommended printer.

Anyway for cards its very small component of the entire wedding so i am not so particular about such costs since my concern is more on the pickup loc of the inserts.

kittydia

Lighted Pixels are very nice, i totally agree with you...i heard from my friend that they paid a lot...

AD PG VG it costs $2100-$2200 for dzign for you...

2010btb

Lightedpixels quite ex. so that's why still considering. Think have to spent less on other areas. I'm thinking of not having a VG cos I'm having a luncheon, no time to show the guests anyway (also considering skipping the morning sabo).

And i thought few yrs down the road, no one watch the videos anymore.. they'll prefer to view the pics? Any opinion on this for all married brides? =)

kittydia

Hi 2010btb

yups, i think it's wise not to have VG because you've no time to screen that to show your guests. But on the other hand, if you already have album, then u might just want to ask your friend to take normal photos and then have a professional to do VG...coz all photos also quite sian.

I think for both photos and videos, few years down the road, they'll all end up in the store room...thus maybe it's good not to splurge too much on this.

I sign up my wedding album pkg in Msia with SG Bridal, i got a really good deal, S$2500, 16 pages silverlining, 10 gowns, 5 photo album, 1 chuan tou zhao, 2 outdoors, 1 indoors, free parents clothings and bridesmaid and bridesgroom clothing....if you wanna know more, do pm me though...i can share my pkg details with you. Sample of the pics can be viewed in the link below...the bride in the pic recommended me to them...i think her pics are very nice...

http://www.mywedding.com/bryanserene121208/galleries.html

ardente

Hi,

The printer recommended by IC (quite ulu at whampoa area) is $120 for printing 100-500 pcs. Meaning above 100 oso $120, 499 also $120.

do go with your hubby though.. i went alone and felt the building and level the place was on, feels like it came out of a saw movie.... :{

ardente

to add to above comments, my planner is also stephanie ... i won't say shes great but neither would i say shes bad. Shes just doing her job in a very matter-of-fact way. I suppose if you want someone with a more personal touch or someone with a better disposition, then perhaps shes not the one. Get Jane instead (although i have no exp with Jane but from above reviews.. seems good). if you don't really care for the fufu, then Stephanie will probably still get things done.

My AD is around the corner, so i'll only know after the dinner how well the whole experience went =P

kittydia

Hey Arddy...nice to hear from you...when's ur AD?

Do you have a wedding blog? If so, do share with us.

The printer is at Whampoa! Do gimme the address yar! Woah, i live near dat area...yar, it's a very OLDDDDDDD estate, it used to be very bustling in the 1980s-1990s...but most of the folks, they grew old and pass away...so hor...that area is like a very quiet town now...

It would be good if you can share your experience with us after your AD! Am excited for u dear =)

blueystar

heee... so happy to c this thread so active... i have aso booked intercon for my AD... but my co-ordinator is neither Steph nor Jane... wonder if u all have a different co-ordinator? Mine is still far far away.... next yr oct, but i booked mine in Jan i think