Hotel Jen Tanglin, Singapore by Shangri-La

mencitcicit

Hi xiaoxin, have you u gone for fd tasting? any recommendation?
happy.gif

Hi Ferlyn, Im using Penang n Malacca rm , because my 1st choice rm which is Temasek rm was not available during my AD next year. Quite small area, but still ok to me, since the whole level of 2A is for us. Anyway, for Penang n Malaca rm, number of guest limited to 150, so I think suitable for small family wedding dinner
happy.gif

ferlyn82

Hi Patricia, i had confirmed my dinner with traders last week. using the Penang and Malacca rm too! Btw when's ur AD? Mine is May nxt yr
happy.gif

sanby

Hi to all Traders BTB

I just had my wedding dinner in early Oct'11 at the Gallery!

To being with, i've actually had bad experience with my previous co ordinator. No Follow up after signing the contract & the final contract took months to mail out to me ;( but luckily i was assigned to Yi Ying after she left.

Yi ying is very nice & accommodate to most of my requests. Even at the very last min when i requested for a 2 x 3 Tier tray, she kindly helped me to arrange ;D

Everything was wonderful & food received good reviews.

xiaoxin82

Hi Patricia,
Yup I've gone for the food tasting. I took the standard weekend menu. I think the chicken and the yam paste are nice!
Hi sanby, how many tables did you have at Gallery? I'm having mine there next month..will probably have 29 tables not sure crampy or not.

sanby

Hi Xiaoxin,

Congrats !

I had 26 + 1(R) at the gallery , still ok ;)
I took the premium menu & the new gold theme which was very nice & classy. yes i changed my dessert to yam paste too. YUMs.. the chilli prawns with mantou & black pepper udon are very nice also
happy.gif

baby_g

hi Friends. i m planning to have my wedding here next Year. Temasek room which can hold up to maximum of 19 tables. Temasek room is good view too ? Anyone been there before ?

cors

Hi, any songs recommend for marching in?? Yiying said needs two songs! Headache don't know what songs are nice??

dsire

I am thinking of using the gallery room for my wedding. I went down to view the room and the cocktail area is inside the ballroom. Those who have held their dinners there any concerns with that? Anyone have pictures of the ballrooms or themes?
can share with me? [email protected]

chewchew

Hi Sanby, could you share with me any pics too? [email protected]. Thanks!

Heard a while back that food and service not so good. Anyone has latest feedback?

I'm trying to avoid having any tables blocked by the pillars in gallery. Anyone knows how many tables that will be reduced by?

Thanks!

dyleen

Hi chew chew, i had my wedding at temasek room end oct'11. Tiffany was initially my coordinator, however later we were handed over to Amelia. Both of them were great though! They assisted us alot throughout our journey from the time we signed up with them till our wedding day. Our banquet manager, Jack was a really pleasant guy! Food reviews were generally good. Guess all I can say is that you're in safe hands with the Traders team =)

mencitcicit

Hi Feryln, So sorry I was never reply.. Was quite stuck by searching wedding gown. My AD is 8 Dec.. And congratz for ur upcoming wedding :D.

Ms. yiying is leaving this April, and I was transfered with another coordinator Ms. Emilda.
Anyone have an experience with her?

Quite scared for changing of coordinator.

Thank you Xiaoxin for ur review.

Thank you all :D

evie27

Hi ladies

I am shortlisting Traders Hotel as 1 of my choice for my wedding dinner. What are the perks that you guys managed to ask for? Any photos of the cocktails area & ballroom setup pics of Gallery Ballroom??? Thanks!!!

Pls share with me at [email protected]

Thanks!!! =D

sharon0503

Hi BTBs,

I am also a "going-to-be-bride" with Traders Hotel.
happy.gif

Mine will be on 1st Dec and my coordinator was Amelia. Great service received and followed up promptly. I went to take another sneak peak at the Gallery on Sat to refresh my memory. Yep, the two pillars were kind of out of the way esp the pillar nearer to the door. It made the march-in not even a straight line or not even a straight L shape. But anyway, i will try to work with the coordinator to see how to position the tables and make full use of the space.
happy.gif

Does anyone has past experience which you can share on how to make the march in a better one?

Evie: The perks they have given was actually quite attractive as they have free additional night stay, free usage of additional helpers room, 1 bottle of wine for each table and barrels of beers too... I think it covered what i need.
happy.gif

krtnghotmailcom

i went down to see traders gallery ballroom yesterday, the 2 pillar is really disturbing. no doubt the hotel looks nice and they pricing very reasonable now!

shan11

i was considering to hold my wedding at Traders hotel too. but i read above post, the pillars seem to be the concern. Hi Karen, have you spoke to any of the coordinator regarding the package? can anyone advice on what the best deal i can get Trader to offer for the wedding dinner package 2014.

Thanks

Miki_Val

I went down to see the Ballrooms today, my concern is the recept areas. Is too small, I intend to put photo booth, but seems impossible. Anyone who are holding wedding at Gallery room can share with me how you decorate your recept areas?

Email: [email protected]

binique

I'm looking at Traders too. Does anyone have experience with Wendy? Both my hubby and I do like the place, but somehow the coordinator feels rather cold and not very responsive. Compared to the other coordinators we have meet (actually only another 2) she seems really bor-chup and i have to follow-up with her (and wait) instead of she following up with me. This got me really worried and make me have second thoughts.

Any feedbacks?

Miki_Val

@binique

Ya! Wendy is quite cold, i am always the one who is following up with her. Feel regret to take this package.
Recept area is too small, i can't imagine what will happen on that day when more than 200 guests arrive. :(

sillyjc

hi, can i know around how many months before actual day you all could choose wedding favor, invitation card and flora arrangement.

evilorgi

went for a site visit, place is not bad, but dont expect anything grand much like other 5 stars hotel. i dont rather like the bridal suite thou, it's one of the smallest suites i have seen. the coordinator that liaised with me is very good, Melody Chow.

wobblestone

went for a site visit, place is not bad, but dont expect anything grand much like other 5 stars hotel. i dont rather like the bridal suite thou, it's one of the smallest suites i have seen. the coordinator that liaised with me is very good, Melody Chow.

Hi evilorgi, care to share ur package details offered to u?

clarinetmine

For traders, their biggest winning point is their package is $808nett. Their peaks include 20 litres of complimentary beer and waiver for hard liquor corkage. I think the food is not too bad but I had it very long ago.

misstiny

Attended a dinner there. Dont really like Traders Hotel. The service staff abit slow. I think that day they lack of waiters.

dodolyn

Hi all, I just had my wedding reception at Traders Hotel (or Hotel Jen) Gallery Ballroom. We signed up with them last year and signed up with Melody Chow. She is a nice lady and replies promptly to our requests. We dont have to chase her for anything. Melody also liaised well with the Banquet manager, Afriza. Afriza is a wonderful lady - she listened to our concerns about march in route and proposed a few alternative arrangements so that the sword bearers can be aligned in the middle of the ballroom. With the arrangement, the maximum number of tables we can hold is 25, including reserved table. We also informed Afriza that we wanted a DIY photobooth using Polaroid cameras in the Gallery ballroom and she gave us a big space for it by having the cocktail outside, near the spiral staircase, and some staff holding the trays of drinks at the entrance of the ballroom. Our guests compliment that the food is good. I still miss the taste of the prawns! Some of my guests told me that the yam paste is super delicious :)

My photographer did commented that the projector is not clear. The colors of the images reflected on the screen turned out off color hence live streaming images did not turn out well.

Still, we must thank Traders Hotel (or Hotel Jen) for making us a happy newly wed couple on our wedding day!

yumiang87

Hi all, anyone attending their wedding show on Sun 14? I received the invite from them for this show, heard got food tasting of their menu.

superjess

any of your BTB held your wedding at this hotel or any going to hold in 2015? i am shortlisting this hotel, wondering if there are any reviews?
how much do you have to pay at a deposit for this hotel?

Scopion J

any of your BTB held your wedding at this hotel or any going to hold in 2015? i am shortlisting this hotel, wondering if there are any reviews?
how much do you have to pay at a deposit for this hotel?

Hi Superjess, im btb for nov 2015 holding it in hotel jen, not confirmed which ballroom to take a.t.m. my fiance friend hold theirs in hotel jen n food was fabulous. Their bridal suite is under renovation now.. will be ready in a few mths time. Deposit is fixed at $5K no matter how many tables u gonna have. My coordinator mentioned that they are going to hold their personal wedding fair in hotel jen on 30th jan fri evening. Are u aware? U might wanna go for it as there will be vendors promoting their pg/vg/photoshoots at attractive rates too etc.

gongxi

Hi anyone had their wedding at gallery room? Got picture for recep area? We bought a package there but so far the follow up service from the coordinator is bad. It always take many days to reply and sometimes only reply on selective questions. Felt like constantly begging for an answer so that we can continue with our planning.

Anyway, we are very concerned on how we can have the recep as we may be maxing out the tables. Has anyone tried putting 30 tables in gallery and still able to have their recep in the room? Having difficulty visualizing how it looks like.

Thanks! =)

Appreciate if any kind soul can help in sending some photos of actual recep. ([email protected])

Scopion J

Hi anyone had their wedding at gallery room? Got picture for recep area? We bought a package there but so far the follow up service from the coordinator is bad. It always take many days to reply and sometimes only reply on selective questions. Felt like constantly begging for an answer so that we can continue with our planning.

Anyway, we are very concerned on how we can have the recep as we may be maxing out the tables. Has anyone tried putting 30 tables in gallery and still able to have their recep in the room? Having difficulty visualizing how it looks like.

Thanks! =)

Appreciate if any kind soul can help in sending some photos of actual recep. ([email protected])

Hey! When's ur Ad and who was ur consultant? I also felt the same as u for their post service.

gongxi

Hi, thanks for the reply. My wedding is in Nov 2015. We signed the package with Melody. Saw from previous posts that she was pretty good. But somehow it didn't happened the same way to us. Was rather disappointed. Who is ur consultant?

Scopion J

Hey, mine is in nov this yr too! Eh... initially was William then he left.. took over by Daniel and he handled over to Melody. Im as pathetic as u lor. Also booked their Gallery.