Hilton Hotel

blureth

kerokitty: We used all our own songs throughout the whole banquet cos I'm very particular. Even march-in songs I chose from our own collection, not from their suggested list.

She's giving you the possibilities... If you find it could turn out troublesome, then take her advice. If you wanna insist on ur own song selection, juz go ahead and do it without regrets!
happy.gif

nt259: My wedding favours were the key and photo coaster.

Hi all, am going for my food tasting end of the month. Wonder whats the more "favourable" and "safe" dishes to choose?

Anybody has any pics of the themes for this year? Think its seraphic charms, oriental gems, crystal splendor

jami

hi blureth, are your songs in mp3 format?

I saw that you had black seat covers for your VIP tables. Thats very nice! But June did not offer me that choice.

How is the dry ice effect? I heard its like a trolley kind machine. Wondering where should the videographer or photographer position themselves before the march-in..

blureth

jami: Yup, our songs were all in mp3 format.

I was the one who wanted black seat covers cos I wanted the crystal setting on the back of the chair to look more striking. :p June did ask if the old folks were particular abt colors as with most Chinese weddings, black is taboo. Our parents were all fine with black, so I got my way. Haha...
kao_cheers.gif

Yes, dry ice came from a trolley thinggie manned by 2 staff. I didn't give specific instructions to my VG & PG cos since they were professionals, I thought they shld know best where to position themselves. Keke...

Thanks blureth. Wow...blureth, it's very nice and unique theme! How does the flowers look on that day? For when I viewed last year themes on site, the 3 themes' flowers looked like they are half dead :-(

Any particular menu/ dishes high recommended here?

blureth

Hmm Blessings, come to think of it, I was too busy that day to even notice abt the flowers!! Haha... Yes, same here. When I went for site visits, the flowers weren't fresh enough and loose petals were browning pretty badly. I had specifically given my feedback to June, to take note on the flowers.

As for dishes, like I mentioned before, in my case, its quality was below expectations. However, different ppl have different expectations in food, so juz hope for the best. Well, best dish for us, was the dessert, Yam Mousse (Aww Ni).
happy.gif

saggiegirl

hello..

i would be holding my wedding dinner at the Grand Ballroom on 6 dec 09
happy.gif
would be using the Oriental theme..as we both like red roses and the "luxury" feel...hee hee

shi2308

just confirmed hilton as my place of choice!
just wanted to say that Rachel is really nice and patient and accommodating
happy.gif
two thumbs up
hope all goes well for the big day next year!!

shi2308

hi saggiegirl

11th July 2009

yeah she's very nice and super patient.
when's ur big day?
i took the panorama room btw.
you?

saggiegirl

hee hee...
we took the grand ballroom..coz my hubby side family big...

i intend to do my tea session at one of the function rooms at level 5 coz my hse v small lar...hee hee..then after that proceed to welcome guests at the reception lor...ask rachel and she say can be done :D...hee hee..can somemore order cakes for guests...

saggiegirl

apologies that I do not have the wedding lunch menu details
sad.gif
...but in terms of pricing, they are v competitive...rest assured on that

saggiegirl

hi starzdust *waves* how is your site inspection ??
happy.gif

personally speaking...overall is quite up to my standard...big bridal suite, good location, flexible menu choices, good service...

stardustz87

I like de design! very nice.. just that the 3 pillars T.T".. but my fiance and I like it very much, so 99.99% will be booking it, just that I didn't have a chance to see the bridal suite as someone is having their wedding ytd nite...

saggiegirl

hee hee mi too...ok lar the pillars are not as bad as u think...i got see before the crystal theme and oriental theme before...and we both prefer the oriental theme (coz red roses and give us a nice and luxurious feel..and the floral stand with candles just look so romantic)
happy.gif

when is ur AD? better book early hor..

next time u can ask rachel to show u the bridal suite...
happy.gif
we went to see last month...v big and spacious... with big toilets and bedroom and "living room" for MUA / mummies to doll up..

saggiegirl

hee hee starzdust...same same mi also a dec BTB..my AD is on 6 Dec 09
happy.gif

u can call her de...and see if she can show u the actual ballroom setup (with the floral stand etc...) and bridal suite...mi and my hubby went down twice to take a look also..and we are quite ok with the standard... :D

saggiegirl

<starzdust>..that is good!!..hee hee..just finish my AD plan *phew*..my hubby almost fainted when he saw the plan :p

<dofly> i would drop u an email on this..i only have wedding dinner package details...
happy.gif

pretz

I have some prob with the setup of the table. Anyone can advise how the table can be place so that all my guest won't be blocked bt the pillar?

saggiegirl

<ppyydy> on every level (from Level 7 to 23), there are 1 bridal suite on each floor...the unit number is 19, e.g. if they allocate to u level 8, then ur unit number wld be 819...etc...
happy.gif

<pretz>..u can check with hilton as to their possible table setup. It depends on how many tables u are looking at
happy.gif
for mi is that my wedding wld have 35 tables...so maybe it may or may not have "blockage"..but they wld have "live feed" at the sides
happy.gif

saggiegirl

hi meihua...

depending on how well u know the couple / groom / bride...

hilton is basically a well-known hotel group
happy.gif
for a rough gauge, I would give $100 (for the couple to cover the banquet cost, wine, corkage...not to mention that cost of wedding has gone up by leaps and bounds..)..if i know the couple very well, I would give about $120 onwards...to wish them a happy marriage thereafter..

my 2 cents' worth
happy.gif

stardustz87

I haven plan my AD dinner layout.. I also have some probs with the pillar. I got 40 tables, but will get my Coordinator to help me plan ba..lol

saggiegirl

starzdust...40 tables is ok de...u can arrange a meeting with rachel and she can "draw" pictures for you to see how the layout would be like or something like that...
happy.gif

rachel has been quite nice to answer all my queries like tea ceremony at function, selection of guestbook etc...

juztea

Hello!!!

Saggiegirl, I'm having a wedding lunch at Hilton on the same day as you, 11 Jul 2009.

So exciting huh, any pics of the themes?

saggiegirl

hi <only> *waves*...no lar...my AD is 6 Dec 09...your AD is the same as Ms Starzdust
happy.gif

we sort of decided on oriental theme as i like red roses and the look and feel of "luxury" in the grand ballroom which we wld be taking...
happy.gif
i particularly like the new floral stands with candles...it looks quite nice and romantic during march in,...

juztea

Hi Saggiegirl, you mean there is new floral stands???? I booked in June, didnt know the themes change le.. is it?

I was thinking next year then i go see the new wedding setups. My coordinator June said, by next year the themes will change already.

blureth

only: Themes shld be changed every yr...rightfully anyway. If they're still doing the same, out of the 3 themes, 1 will be unchanged &amp; brought fwd to the next yr. Seraphic Charm (the one with angels) was 2007's theme but it stayed for 2008. Heh... My personal opinion is, it'd be good to view current yr's themes as a rough guide while you're waiting for next yr's themes. So you can play in your mind, the colours, how you want what to put where... That's what I did while preparing for my wedding.
happy.gif

saggiegirl

only> yup..i went to hilton sometime in early sept to see a wedding lunch setup for the Oriental theme..very nice floral stand..classical looking with red silk roses
happy.gif

what i understand fr rachel is that usually they would play around a few themes: oriental / rhapsody in red, classic/crystal/romantic, european...

blureth> yup u r right
happy.gif
now i am thinking about how to decorate the ballroom etc..my hubby hor...he v lazy de..:p but we both agree that we would use roses to decorate the floral stand...

saggiegirl

hahaha..nt259...me now crafting the emcee speech
happy.gif
already confirmed my ex-classmate and his wife as our emcees... and then next week or so start to craft our thank you speech...

when ur big day?

ppyydy

hi all BTBs, i just had my AD on Sat on 24th floor. kudos to June Wee and Jeffrey Ling (Banquet Mgr) for a job well done. the suite was lovely too, and the service from all service staff was impeccable! our guests feedback was that the food was good, it was altogether an enjoyable and cozy affair!

so for those who are still thinking, do not worry and just sign up. u will not regret it, i din!

saggiegirl

ppyydy> congrats *hugzzz* wow...u let me "drool" leh...waiting for my AD next dec...which is like 12 months to go...

which deco theme u choose?
happy.gif
I am sure that the scenery at the 24th flr is perfect especially with the lights...
happy.gif