Hilton Hotel

papabe

Hi Alicia, I tried to bargain and bargain with her..haha

She is nice to talk to..very motherly sort of way..at first I thought she sounded very stern on the phone but heng ah! ;P

I havent confirm yet..but most prob will be Hilton
happy.gif

Actually I chose this date cos it was my ROM date last year..

BS not yet too..How's your package and service from your BS?

aujourdui

Hi baby,

Tks for posting the pics of the grand ballroom!! The deco in the ballroom is diff from the ones I received from the hotel. Is the deco in your pics the one u have choosen for your AD?

Can anyone share with me if it possible to change the colors of the flowers or the look of the deco? Cos the theme I want looks a bit plain... Anyone talked to the florist on customising your deco?

ling1411

Hi Papabe,

Heehee.. My fh oso had the same feeling when he first spoke with June... But soon after meeting up with her.. He found her very motherly & approachable.. But for me, my first experience with her was good... I called her & we chatted like old friends... Hahaha...
Hilton good choice lah.. Dun worry too much! =)

Aey, my BS is Santiago.. Will be gg down this weekend to have a look at their gowns.. Cos I signed up with them during a roadshow in Bugis.. I'll let you know my experience k? Hee hee.. Read of some negative reviews on their services in the other threads.. So now I abit worried.. Hiaz..

Actually you still have alot of time to look ard & compare... =) Dun rush... Take your time to find one designer that you can click well with & you like their creations..

Btw, you found your actual day PG & VG? Your date is very nice.. So I would advice you to start early if you want a good PG & VG. Cos usually the good ones are booked really early.. =)

Hi Jennifer,

Which theme are you taking? If I'm not wrong, you are allowed to change the colours of the flowers.. but to change the look... erm... Maybe there will be additional charges by the florist.. I guess it depends on what you want them to add or remove... =) I think you should highlight to your coordinator your concerns leh.. See how they can help to address them..

Hi Yaya,

I agree that parking would be a problem for the guests if you choose Hilton.. I guess the only thing we can do is to advice guests to arrive early as parking is limited.

But then again, parking in Orchard has always been a problem.. Right?

Frankly its quite impossible to take care of each & every detail.. I guess you would have to take some & give some. But hey! Dun forget that Hilton is near a MRT station.. So its accessible for guests who dun drive.. =)

Oh! June quoted me $85 per person if I wanted them to serve vegetarian or muslim food.. My advice is to try to gather all your Muslim & Vegetarian friends together & form 1 table.. That way you can save $. Heehee... I'm planning mine this way... =)

ednamode

Alicia, i just spoke to JUne. i find that she is a very nice lady to tok to.i made an appointment with her again on this coming sundae to see the wedding banquet setup and hopefully, can confirm with her everything on that day.
at most, must scrimp right now...i mean me....i expecting loss anyway.

anyone suffer loss when holding banquet at hilton? i know it depends how generous the relative and friends are right.but i want to get a rough guide..any advice?

aujourdui

Hi Alicia,

I'm still deciding on the theme. quite like seraphic charm, but i feel that with only cream roses might be a bit plain. But saw the pics Baby posted and the deco is diff, so was wondering if the look can be changed too..
happy.gif
Will talk to hilton... oh, are you getting your cards soon?

Hi Yaya, i read somewhere that its safe to cater abt 30-40% losses...i'm catering for 30% but hopefully will not hit this amt, cos my relatives are quite kind one...

ednamode

Hi jennifer, 30 to 40% is quite alot!.. i am estimating 20% loss at most..i dunno whether okay or not.because adding up wine and beer plus hard liqour, one table is around $930+++ per table for 30 tables..is it too high for a wedding banquet????

seraphic charm? my SO like that colour alot ...maybe using that for my theme if we signed up with them...anyway, when is ur AD? from what i got from June, she told me, ballroom will be closed for renovation for 6 weeks.so u should be getting a new facelift ballroom! for me, i have to wait for 1 year to use..

any more advice abt estimating the loss? like to hear more abt it...hehehe

one more thing, do u all use their house wine? is it good??? 1 bottle charge me $32.60 nett...zzzz

aujourdui

Hi Yaya, my AD is 22 july..
happy.gif

as u mentioned, the estimated amt for losses really depends on how generous your guests are. my frens who are married told me that if I invite a lot of families (eg,parents+3kids), the chance of incurring loss is greater. Cos the ang pow given by one family may not be enough to cover each attending member. just for tot...
happy.gif

wah..i think $930+++ is quite a lot... as for me, i'm getting my wine and hard liqour from a fren..so will be a bit cheaper... i have 40 tables leh...shd be more worried...

the ballroom will be closed for reno cos they r changing the carpets and wallpaper...hope the new look will be nice... as for deposit, u can pay by credit card, but i think there is an admin fee..so i paid by cheque...

if u want, u can email me at [email protected] try to see if i can find more info on 'losses' for u

barbapapa

hi yaya,

i paid both my deposit and total banquet by credit card. i dun see any reason not to do that. plus you are able to get more points by doing it.

oh their house wine is ok. i had around 40 tables end up using abt 50 bottles of wine.

baby_jo

hi jennifer,

the pic was not taken fm my AD.
i took up the Panarama Room. Not the Grand Ballroom. the pics was taken when i was @ hilton viewing location and there was a wedding going on.

hi yaya,

you can pay the deposit via credit card.
i paid m y deposit and banquet by credit card too. can earn lots of points lor.

As for the estimate amt loss for banquet, including wine and etc, i loss about S$1K for 20-tables.

ednamode

heelo Jennifer,baby and blue, thanks for the info.
$930/table is high? its really high to me lor... how about u girls? i am including everything le. the use of projector, 1 additional barrel of beer and 40 bottls of wine. for 30 tables.

elisasutiono

Hey Ladies,

Wondering any of you can advise me on this. I've abount 30 tables and wish to hold my wedding on a Saturday. According to Hilton, for Saturday i need a minimum of 40 tables. Any of you managed to hold yours in grand ballroom for 30 tables on Saturday? I wanted to take Panorama, but the maximum table only 24. So i m stuck in between.

ednamode

Hi Sasa, i dun think u are kia su.right now, pple are like taking more than a YEAR to prepare wedding. so do i. my AD is March 08.....my 1st choice of hotel is already taken up.no choice.so now looking at Hilton or Holiday Inn Atrium...see how in the end. got another couple want to book with HIlton on the same date i am taking as well. so is like either them or us.

elisasutiono

Hi Yaya,
Hrm, have not check out on Holiday Inn Atrium. Issit nice? You've any package to share? I am actually looking at Raflles Town Club or Hilton. Hilton seems to be a more convenient choice.

ednamode

hi sasa, i will be checking out HIA again this coming sat since they are having weddign dinner that day. what can i say? their perks are really v v v attractive...can i have ur email?
HIlton is the more convienent choice given that orchard MRT is just around the corner.

ednamode

hi pple. its me again..hahaha.i got so many question...
can check with u all, whether can i exchange the waiver of corkage of wine for wine to be provided by hotel? anyone done that before?

their house wine of $32 bucks include already corkage charge hor ? i no need to pay for corkage for their house wine right..

pardon me for so many question...just want to clarify my doubt 1st

papabe

Hi yaya, how did you get the date for your AD in 2008. I'm planning for 2008 but Tong Shu not out yet..

Ladies, will Hilton allow me to change date after I confirm a date?

lladro

hi papabe,

find that this site is not bad.. http://mindcity.sina.com.hk/MC-lunar/index.cgi

concluded my AD date in 2008 thru' this site as well.

as for the chg of date, it is possible. pls see below the extract from contract..

8. CHANGE OF DATE

* The Hotel will require a minimum of 6 months’ advance notice for any change of date of the function. (subject to availability).
* The non-refundable deposit paid is strictly for the wedding package only, and is not exchangeable for other Food & Beverage or other goods and services provided by the Hotel.
* Please note that if you wish to change the date of your function to after 31 December 2008, your deposit will be forfeited and a new deposit will be required.

hope it helps..

papabe

Hi lladro, thank you for providing me the website
happy.gif

okie at least confirm thru website the date I want is a good date..hee

At least Hilton is flexible in allowing a change of dates..when is your AD?

I assume you signed the contract already?

ednamode

papabe, i went to sultan centre at 4th level for the dates.

the number to call is 62917244 , the fee is $38. the shi fu will give u the dates but as for the timing of gou da li , fetching bride have to be after July i think (when the tong shu 2008 come out) then we will go back again and ask him for the time. its all for the cost of $38 bucks which we paid earlier.
My AD date which i check against the website provided is not ideal i think.

i just receive the drafted contract from HIlton too. 85% signing up with them if everything is okay.

Sasa, will email u tonight...

lladro

Hi papabe,

great to hear that..ya, we met up with June to sign contract on tues. She is indeed a lovely lady.

my AD is 19.01.08.

ling1411

hi yaya!
why are you giving up on hilton? the package is too expensive?

hi jennifer,
sorry for the late reply... i prefer the purple theme.. can't really remember the theme name.. heehee... oh! my wedding is in jan'08.. so won't be choosing my cards so early... btw, when is your wedding?

hi lladro,
welcome on board! we have another hilton btb.. tat's great! when is your actual day? which ballroom will you be taking?

happi_bride

hey ladies.. or guys

does hilton has anything to cater for small weddings? for about 10 - 13 tables?

sounds like no, from what i read so far. anyone knows?

lladro

hi Alicia,

my AD is 19.01.08. have decided to get Panorama.. love the exclusive feeling. what about yourself?

hi fanny,
the Panorama room is the smallest room from Hilton, with min table requirement of 18, to max of 24 tables.

ling1411

hi lladro...
congrats! =) i'm getting the grand ballroom.. hee hee... any idea which theme you will get? btw, you found your AD photographer & videographer yet?

hi baby,
heehee... thanks for telling me the theme name..

papabe

Hi Ladies,

I went to see the Panorama room on Sat as it was hosting a wedding but the setup was not complete yet so could see the big picture..

Hubby thinks the room too bare but I also like the exclusivity
happy.gif

Anyone wanna intro your bridal shop to me? hehe

baby_jo

hi papabe,

i had my wedding banquet @ the panorama room.
personally i dun find it empty. but i love the idea of having the whole flr to ourselves.
then plus poolside cocktail reception.

so how is your meet-up with big sally?
still have not decide on bridal shop?

papabe

Hi baby_jo,

I went to BC on Fri. Big Sally was really accomodating and served me till 10+pm when I didnt even confirm I'll be signing the package.

Think I'll visit a couple more BS before deciding. Who do you recommend for photographer and makeup?

Did you get BC photographer for AD?

lladro

Hi Alicia,
not really started to check out the gown, AD videographer and photographer.. but have few shops in mind. will go down to boutiques in the next 2 -3 weeks.

hi Papabe,
you're looking at Bridal Concept? how's everything?

hi Baby,
can share your AD photos?

Thanks!

baby_jo

hi papabe,

so did you try on any gown?
you can request to try a few to see if you like BC style.

My photographer is Kit and My make-up artist is Lynn.

I never sign up the actual day package with BC. Signed with Stefine.

papabe

hi baby_jo, big sally let me try on a few gowns..I especially like one in lace but prefer to shop ard and see other BS first
happy.gif

aprik

Hi Baby Jo,

I love the Panorama room too.. esp the poolside.
But a bit worried about :
1) pillars,
2) using projector at the back of the room (distract guests' attention from the main stage
3) sound system..

can you comment on this?

baby_jo

hi chocolate_lover,

1) regarding the pillar, try not to take table 6 and 8. view totally blocked.
other than these 2 tables, all the rest are okay. usually these 2 tables are used as reserved tables.

2) don't find the projector distracting. coz the room is something like "L" shape, those @ the back is quite a distance away from the stage. so they can see from the projector.

3) sound system was okay. you can request to try out the sound system and video quality before your actual day.

piggypig

hi all

i'm newbie, meeting June on thurs.

Anyone taken the 2007 packakge? my date is considered auspicious, and i must take their devotion package, berrie ex le, no beer, no wine!!!!!

Anyone managed to negotiate for more freebies??

Anyone can highlight stuff that i must look out for before i sign the contract??

hi baby,
what do you mean don't take table 6 & 8?? do you hv the layout??

baby_jo

hi piggypig,

sorry! don't have the floor plan with me now.
but you can request june for a copy.
sorry!

table 6 and 8 is @ the side of the room. View totally blocked by the pillar.

piggypig

thanks baby. duno if can ask them to leave out table 6 & 8 le? btw baby which theme did you take up... understand there are 3 themes, one with angel, one purple theme but stage not nice??? last is the red theme isit??

baby_jo

hi piggypig,

The PANORAMA room can have a total of 24-tables (including reserve tables).
As long as you don't uses the full 24-tables, you can request to have table 6 & 8 as reserve tables.
E.g. if you have a confirmed of 22-tables, you can request Table 6 & 8 as reserve tables.
Usually there will be 2 reserve tables, the hotel will only charges you if you uses it.

I took the Seraphic Charn (Ivory/Angel) theme. Personally I find this matches the room deco best.
The euphoric romance (purple) also looks good but like what you say, the stage doesn't looks good. My in-law doesn't like all all.

As for the red theme (sorry! can't remember the name), find it too china and doesn't match the room.