Hilton Hotel

butterkiss

hi alika,

I been there for wedding banquet twice.
First time when I was there, we found a big fish hook among the shark fins!!
I must say that the food is so-so only and the portion is very little. But the ambience is good.

garfield77

alika,
Went for wedding banquet last Oct, Food portion is big & nice. Only service need to improve may be becoz start banquet quite late, all waiters/waitresses neglect re-fill drink for the guests.

pple

Hi Rainne,
thankie...
happy.gif

Here's my email [email protected]

Hi sun96,
sigh... difficult to choose... i like both intercon and hilton, but my bf like marriott and intercon...
sad.gif
headache man...

alika

wow fish hook in the shark fins ..that's terrible.
are there any columns in the ballroom? I am going to look at the place next friday but also heard that the ballroom is quite old.

jozy

HI Alika,

I can bet everywhere you read somewhere, you will see that people do comment that Hilton ballroom is old, but when I went to see, I don't feel that it is old.

You need to go there to take a look and compare.

chipndale

Hi alika,
i am also considering Hilton and went down to look c look c with FH just now. the menu actually sounds quite good (for weekends) and the ball room and setup looks quite grand too (got a preview cus there was a dinner going on...hee hee).
ya and 3 big pillars. but quite spacious...there were like 30plus 40tables.
any other comments re the food??

chipndale

Hi Skyblu...
see u again in this thread!! we have shortlisted similar hotels! also considering pan pac, hilton and marriot. but have not attended any weddings at these places before. any feedback re the food at these places? just went down to Hilton today and saw ballroom all nicely set up cos there was a function today, and it looked really nice and grand!! but agree with sun96, u should see for yourself!

oh when's your AD?

wiky

Hi mrs lim,

i dun hv the soft copy already. think it'l be better if u can contact june personally & she'l send the packages to u almost immediately.
happy.gif

pple

Hi Jules...
happy.gif

so coincident hor... we are looking at the same hotels... i just been to PP to attend a fren's wedding last mth, it's the ocean ballrm... deco is not bad, food oso ok, but there is reno going on at the lobby at that time...not sure when it wil be done.

kekeke...I been to marriott before, but it's 2 yrs back.... so dun think i can comment much lah... but my FH who had attended 2 weddings at marriott last year, said the food is nice, better than PP...

So u more or less decide on Hilton? when's your AD? mine not fixed yet, but we plan to have it ard early 2006.

alika

thanks, will pop by with FH to look look first this evening. Actually had tentative booking with meritus mandarin but they want at least 35 tables. The two dates that i'm looking at already taken at Hilton so got to ask for more alternative dates .....

Jules.. better be KS and start early .. when is your AD?

alika

Hi all,

one of colleague went for a wedding dinner at hilton two months ago and she complaint that the food is very simple and taste like home-cooked food.

was quite upset when i heard that.

anyway the two dates that i'm looking already taken. either i change venue or got ask for more alternative dates....

happy for those who managed to get hilton on your AD
happy.gif

blackpios

hi jules i just attended my friends wedding at PP ON CHRISTMAS EVE , is it very nice and the food is yummy not bad . but i feel that not all their ballroom is high and spacious so you need to take a look at their ballrooms first and choose the right ballroom .

chipndale

Hi Skyblu =)
we seem to be doing things very similarly and at the same time!!! my AD also set for early 2006- but likely after CNY which is Jan 29 ( so no need to give ang bao hee hee...joking)
Marriot ballroom is v nice and parents gave good feedback abt food. overall very class but think the price is really ex esp for weekends! nearly 900nett leh!at least pan pac cheaper= 780nett for weekends
have u been down to see Pauline at pan pac yet?
am meeting her next sat only. apparently prices going up for pan pac after Jan 2006.. sad for us huh??
so in conclusion, guess its down to hilton and pan pac...

chipndale

Hi Blackpios

thanks for your comments! personally i feel that food takes the 1st priority lor...ball room not so spectacular i can make do with. but bridal suite must be nice nice one...=)
where are u planning to hold your WD?

sun96

hi alika

my friend did attended her colleague's wedding @ hilton n she feedback to me tat hilton's food was tasty n somemore e serving was huge...
242157.gif
i tink food wise really depend on individual, ummm...mayb u'll lyk it!!

pple

Hi Jules,
kekeke... we set for early 2006 aft CNY too
happy.gif

just check with my future SIL, she commented that Hilton Ballroom is nice... My FH prefer Marriott or Hilton, hence PP is out for us.
Since PP is increasing the price, i believe most hotels will do the same too...

sun96

hi skyblu

u'll be visting Hilton & Marriott again before making yr final decision, right??
since u got yr AD then KS a bit to book yr ideal venue earlier to avoid disappointment!!

update me when u hv decided, hope u can be member of hilton family!!!
242932.gif

doraemon16

hihi
happy.gif

im a newbie here...

i have booked the Hilton Grand Ballroom on 10.10.2005 for my solemnisation & wedding banquet
happy.gif

Wish to share more wi u gals here...
happy.gif

jozy

Hi Doraemon,

Nice to see you here. I'm in the female forum too.....We discuss on the Balloting exercise....*wink*

rosewood

Hi Dodo,

I am 15 days after you!! I will be having my solemonisation there as well. Will u be doing it before the dinner, or during the dinner?

doraemon16

Hi Raine
happy.gif

Are u "Sassy" in female forum? hee...

Hi Rosewood
happy.gif

Oic... so will u have urs in grand ballroom too?
happy.gif
actually hor, i haven decide also leh.. but most likely before dinner, coz worry that it will have disturbance to have it during dinner, coz children ard loh.. maybe running n shouting... :p

rosewood

Hi dodo,

As I am holding it during weekday, I might have it privately at a function room before the dinner starts.

I have the same feeling as you do loh. To seek for some moment of peace and silent from the crowd is not an easy task esp when the duration is about 10 mins. I have been thru my good friend's wedding at Grand Copthrone with similar experience. Her's got additional bonus - fire drill. lol

doraemon16

Hi Rosewood,

Wah! hers is really a rare experience huh...
happy.gif

ya, think June suggested to me to held our solemnisation at a function before the wedding banquet too...
happy.gif

Hi sun,
Thanks for the lovely welcome message! U are so sweet...
happy.gif
So far so good, hope tt everything turn out well as scheduled.. My lovenest is at Choa Chu Kang (Yew Tee side), but have yet to get the key... and im very impatient now... hee :p Really hope to get the key soon so can start reno! gal, where's ur lovenest then?
happy.gif

sun96

hi dodo
my lovenest is @ AMK... same as u or north side
244735.gif

r u getting e key soon?? u bought yr flat thru WIS??

sun96

hi mrs lim

my contact all along is june... but heard tat jac's quite a nice lady too!!!

u r mtg jac on e banquet details??

mrs_lim

Hi sun96
i will be meeting jac this Sat to have a look at the place and discuss about the packages. Thanks a lot for ur info.

doraemon16

hi sun96
oic
happy.gif
hee... i will pass by AMK everyday when i go for work...

we already waited for 2 months... hope can get the key very soon...
happy.gif

ya, my wedding coordinator is June. she is good, flexible and professional...
happy.gif

jade2602

Hi Mrs Lim

May i know .. your coordinator name ...izzit Ms Jacquelyn Oh?
How is the package from Hilton? Are you able to email me the detail?
Actually my AD is on 18 Sep 2005.
Previously considering Goodwood Park, but now I am looking around for a better deal.
Please help!! Thanks a million
My email [email protected]

*+*+*Jeannie Girl*+*+*

sun96

hi jeannie Girl

u can contact June, Hilton Banquet Mgr direct @ 67303211 for their pkg... u can even ask her to check for you whether yr date still available anot...
btw, did u view their ballrm b4?? if not, try to make an appointment to view personally to c whether u'll like it anot...

rosewood

hi Sun96,

I will be staying quite near to u also. My love nest is located at Sengkang.

Dodo,

Do u intend to hold ur solemnisation at a function room? I might...

sun96

hi rosewood
u juz got yr unit?? near sengkang which part huh??
i'm currently living w my parent in punggol garden so juz only a bridge away fr sengkang...
246744.gif

rosewood

Yo Sun96

We got our flat via July 2004 WIS . Is a prenium flat nearer to buangkok Mrt, southern part of SK called Compassvale Link.

sun96

hi rosewood

ic... my sis got a unit thr BTO beside buangkok mrt, not sure is it quite near to yrs...
my lovenest is in AMK, got it thru balloting...

u hv completed e reno??

rosewood

Hi Sun96,

Is that a 4 room bto ( Coris, Aspella, Atrina)? I am very close to them ,mine is the only finished flat among that new area. I havent got my keys yet. Should be pretty soon(early feb according to the OIC)

Anybody knows how to make use of the projector and the plasma tv outside the ballroom? Do we bring our own laptop, dvd players?

sun96

hi rosewood

i suppose june will be briefing us on tat when nearly our AD, rite?? not sure to bring our own equipment or hilton will provide... will chk w june again...

sun96

hi cadaryne

debby oso one of hilton coordinator huh? is she new? coz i only heard of jac & june most of e times... btw, wat's e promo lyk? very attractive??

sk2

hi ladies,
i'm oso a hilton bride, can i join ur thread? i'm serve by June. Jus curious on the price now and wat promotion are you ladies talking abt. =)

sun96

hi sk2
252053.gif
aboard!!
when's yr AD? mayb u can provide me which ballrm u r taking & nbr of tables so i can update to e table...

faith_white

Hi ladies,
I m oso a Hilton bride, can any brides share with me the menu which u had choosen & had received plenty of praises from your guest?

I oso need help with the deco, think they had a new florist, had anybody used them before? any comments....

sk2

hi sun96
thanks.
my ad is 8 jan 06. current reservation is 30 table may go up to 36. i'm taking their poolside and inn of happiness for the day (solmz & lunch) and grand ballroom for the nite.

sun96

<table border=1><tr><td><font size="-2">Wedding Date</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Nick</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Venue</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ballroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">No. of Tables</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Co-ordinator</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">11/09/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">nes</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Ballroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">48</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">June</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">01/10/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">sadnil</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Inn of Happiness</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">20</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">June</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">08/10/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">stars</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Ballroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">38-40</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">June</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">10/10/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">dodo</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Ballroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">30</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">June</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">25/10/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">rosewood</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Ballroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">28-30</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">June</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">06/11/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">sun96</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Ballroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">30-35</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">June</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">26/11/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">akemi15</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Vista Ballroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">20-22</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">June</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">08/01/06</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">SK2</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Ballroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">30-36</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">June</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">19/02/06</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">rainne</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Ballroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">30</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">June</font></td></tr></table>