Hilton Hotel

sun96

hi rainne

232643.gif
to e HILTON family!!!
juz let me know yr details when u've cfm w june lyk which ballrm, no of tables so i can update...

sun96

hi rainne

did u ask june whether e liquor tat we gg to bring in on AD can be purchased fr DFS huh?? i did ask & her ans is no lor... but dun noe on our AD will she close one eye anot if not a bit siong lei coz e price diff varies quite a lot...
232646.gif

so now waiting for those who's wedding dinner is over n chk w them how actually it goes...

jozy

harlow sun,

thank you for your warm welcome. Will inform you my details once I have meet up with June.

For liquor portion ah, I cannot remember what was it about leh. Is it must pay corkage charges? Will help to find out for you.

sun96

hi rainne

there's no corkage charges for e liquor we bring in but those liquor cannot be purchased fr DFS...
mayb u chk w her again b4 u sign e contract w her to c whether it can be allow anot... TQ
232657.gif

jozy

sun, you signed the contract already not har?
did you negotiate for more perks?

can, I help you ask her again.

sun96

hi rainne

i've signed e contract w her last mth... n we requested fr her additonal glasses of beer on top of wat e pkg given... sort of worried e beer might not be enough although we've wine n liquor... some more we oso not quite sure wat our guests would prefer either...

jozy

i also tot of requesting to top up the beer to 30litres leh, u think enough not har for 30 tables.

you will be getting the red wine per table as well?

I have quite a lot of perks to ask her, duno will she allow or not.

Can i find out from you ah, how you negotiate with her? face to face? I have only met her once to find out abt the pkag. Now is the 2nd time, can negotiate? Is it 3rd meeting the sign and pay deposit?

rosewood

Gooday,

I did ask for an additional barier of beer. So it ended up to be 44litres? Nowadays, people go for red wine leh. This probably should be the main worry for most people. No liqour for DFS? U sure??? OMG OMG OMG.......

I met up with Jac for the 1st visit. I made my subsequence visit with June where she altered the perks. I update u people on my decision by this weekend I hope.

jozy

hi rosewood,

oh, you paid for additional beer har, but got red wine leh. Then hor, they said if cannot finish, return to the hotel leh....I still tot can keep. gee.

The promotion for the red wine is till 31st dec only leh, so left only 2 more weeks to negotiate..hurry, hope to hear good news from you.

sun96

hi rainne

i'll be getting e red wine perks too...

juz raises yr request to her who's noe she might agree!! anyway, no harm asking lor... but try to request watever u need b4 cfm on everything

i went down twice, 1st time was to visit e ballrm n she intro other details in e pkg to my hubby & me... e 2nd time i went down to sign e contract w her n gave her e deposit...
as for e additional beer, my hubby tok to her via phone... i tink it doesn't matter whether u visit her direct or via phone to discuss on additional perks, juz make sure things r sort out n oso there's no limit on e visits to her too... as long as u can finalise everything b4 signing e contract w her...

jozy

Oh, so in fact, ur hubby negotiate with her over the phone, then she draft out the contract and then you sign it on the 2nd visit.

I see. I duno leh, keep thinking if better to negotiate over phone or face to face. Gong gong hubby duno how to ask for more perks lah.

rosewood

No no, I didnt pay for the extra beer. I asked for it
happy.gif

Yeah loh, I tot can keep extra red wine also. Haiz....I asked asked the same question. LOLz.

Think u can ask her to draft out the contract via email and let u see 1st. This will save alot of time I guess. I dunno if this should work...

Now i have to start asking the rest of the hotel(s) if hard liqour from DFS is lawfully forbidded. Is this true? Do most hotel(s) practise this law?

jozy

wah, good leh, u asked for extra beer....I duno if I am thick skin enuff to ask for it not leh, I feel so paisay to ask for so many things leh. But dun ask means regret for life.

I think I spread out with FH to ask. Was thiking if I can list dwn what i want in the email, send to her and see wat she say hor..mmm...

sun96

hi rainne

yes, aft my hubby negotiated w her via e phone, she emailed my hubby e contract to let him hv a look..
if u wan, i tink draft in email n send to her will not feel so pai seh compare face to face... ke ke, mayb u can ask more stuffs in yr email...

hi rosewood

i tink it depends on e hotel n oso e banquet mgr..
well my frenz had his wedding @ Le Merdien n e banquet mgr closed one eye n allowed him to bring DFS liquor... realli hv to c whether june allow anot...
so is beta for u to ask each hotels when u visit them juz in case they dun allow...

rosewood

Hi Sun96,

I have checked with June. She say : NO. Just checked with my colleague and she told me that it's a comon practise.

How may bottles of hard liqour are u folks preparing for? She told me she hardly finished 2 bottles.

jozy

so means cannot buy from DFS lah. Then when we buy must show her receipt is it? What if I bring fr home leh?

rosewood

Yes, we cant bring from DFS coz it has a DFS sticker. We can bring from home providing there is no DFS sticker. This is wht I've learnt from my colleague . Me goody gal, never drink hard liqour one
happy.gif

sun96

hi rainne, rosewood

correct, e liquor bought fr DFS has DFS sticker on it so cannot bluff... ke ke

e liquor is wanted by my mum as she said most of our relatives drink... tats mean no choice lor, we can't buy fr DFS liao... hope fr june's experience will be correct which is less than 2 bottles... but we definitely hv to buy more as spares juz in case realli not enough... if didn't open then we'll juz bring back...

shirley98

Hi girls,

Dun mind i join in your discusion? I am planning to join Hilton Vista Room for my wedding dinner too... will meet jac. this weekend and get further discussions about the tables cos i only have max 15 tables only.

Anyway, i'll still check out with Four Season Hotel... anybody know how is the bridal suite in Hilton hotel looks like?? i mean the complimentary suite room..

sun96

hi shirley
of coz
232890.gif
!! hope u r able to join us...

i've not seen e bridal suite @ hilton coz when i was there twice, e rm was not available for viewing...
but i saw fr forums tat their bridal suite quite spacious n nice...
mayb when u meet jaz tis wkend, u try to request to view e suite, hope it is available for viewing... n u can update us how e suite looks lyk...

rosewood

Welcome Shirley_98,

I also never got a chance to see the suite too. Heard that it is very very big!!

How do u feel about Vista? 15 tables is perfectly cool for the room I guess.
happy.gif

rosewood

Hey folks,

I got to learnt from June that upcoming sun (19th Dec) will have all 3 ballrooms decorated for wedding dinners. This is a good chance for people like me who is picky and undecisive of where to hold my wedding banquet yet to attend. Do drop pass early and view if u can. FYI...

jozy

wah, this sunday got 3 wedding dinners ah....so you going down to view the place again?

Maybe if June can make it, I might meet her up this weekend lah.

shirley98

Hi Rosewood,

I like Vista room very much frankly! Ya, i also feel that 15 tables is just nice for the room.. because the size of the room is rectangle, 15 tables just need 1 and half room. At least, all my guests are not too far away from the VIP table!! my hubby and I went there last wednesday, i got a very good feeling for the vista room... the decoration for the room is just nice and it's what i want! But my hubby wanna see others hotel's ballroom first before we make up our mind.

all girls,

i will try to ask jac. to let me view the suite and let you all know if i manage to see the suite!! k...
happy.gif

jozy

Hi shirley,

When are you meeting jac har? Do bring along a camera and snap for us to view can?

anyone interested to view hilton pix, i have....

rosewood

Hi Rainne,

Can u send me the link also?
My email is [email protected].
Thanks.

I see if I can get a digital camera for this upcoming sunday trip as well
happy.gif

Shirley, really envy you for able to make ur upcoming wedding at vista at such a comfortable figure. Imagine I am using 25 tables....haiz. Headache....

jozy

Rosewood and shirley

I have sent the invitation to you already...check it out.

am trying to send this videoclip, but think the file is too big for you to receive leh.

jozy

did anyone of you negotiate to replace the red wine per table for free flow of beer har?

Was thinking if I should try to negotiate for that leh.

rosewood

Thanks Rainne,

I've got ur email
happy.gif

I suggest u not to change the red wine to free flow of beer coz the current trend is red wine. How abt u ask for another barier of beer? Maybe trade in some other freebies like ur annual dinner voucher at for extra 30litre of beer or so?

Since u have so many tables, I am sure you can fight for more. Be thick skin abit ok? Jia you!!

shirley98

Hi Rainne and Rosewood,

I just went to four season hotel... the crescent ballroom is nice too.. min 12 and max 15. Just nice for my tables. their bigger ballroom is Four Season Ballroom which req. min 25 and max 30. Just go check it out if you haven't fix your mind yet!

i'll narrow my choices now to 2 hotels only ... either hilton or four season!!!! I "eye-ed" hyatt, marina, maritus, mariott and crown prince before... but too bad, i dun really like the room... hehe..

jozy

harlow shirley,

I did shortlisted Four Seasons too, but the px is over budget for us. We are looking at estimated $800-$850. Not forgetting, we need to pay addn for our muslim and vegetarian friends as well, that would mean addn headcount...

Read your email on Traders Hotel. So how so how?

rosewood

Hello Shirley and Rainne,

I have tried calling 4 seasons and the date has been taken up. So are the rest of the hotels : Sharonten tower, Conrads, Pan Pac, Oriental etc etc etc.....

I have paid Traders Hotel a visit today. Not badz leh. Price slightly higher but willing to offer me same Perks with what We have got from hilton except no free red wine. That guy was so funny. He asked me directly on wht other hotel is offering me at the moment. Guess wht? he countered offer..."Well, we can give u the same...blah", Why am I so honest? I should have over qoute with more. Evil evil!!

Though it has 2 huge pillars, it looks so much better than that Vista room. I felt that I am close to the guest and I can see most of them. Fewer tables means that I can avoid putting them next to the pillars. I am going to give Vista room a final chance tmr.

We dun not have much choices and my final list are : Traders, Hilton or Crown Prince ATM

jozy

haiz...now worrying if the date that I want at hilton is taken up or not, coz last minute have to change original date....Just emailed June and waiting anxiously for her reply if the date is taken or not....*pray*

shirley98

Hi Rainne and Rosewood,

sorry for not able to take pictures.. i met jac in afternoon.. unfortunately, someone having lunch buffet in the vista room... so i can't take pictures!!! Ai Yah!!! Jac said the suite fully stayed by couples.. so... i not manage to take any picture there too! Really sorry le!

Jac did ask me to view the room again in evening time.. but i got appt with friends after that, so can't stay till evening with my hubby.

Jac is very nice and helpful! I am still headache with these 2 hotels, hilton or four season!! hehe..

Hi Elin,

ya, my package is 15 tables, but without one free bottle of red wine a table!! hehe.. i dun think 15 tables they can give free wines! Jac said i can get wines from hilton which cost $29+. which i feel that the price is quite alright! hard liquor without corkage charge too..
happy.gif

jozy

Hi shirley,

wah seems like rosewood and you have good impression of jac leh. But I duno who is jac and can liase with June only.

shirley98

Hi Rainne,

dun worry, i deal with June at first, but she passed my file to Jac cos she is too busy! i have good impression of both of them!!
happy.gif
Jac told me both of them work together, so i think the same! frankly, i met a few hotel's coordinators, really hard to meet nice coordinators like them!

rosewood

I have good impression for both of them. Good news, I am signing up with Hilton on the upcoming Sat. Tentatively Vista room. HOWEVER, I might switch to weekdays Grand ballroom. I am so thankful that they are flexible to do that for me. All perks remains. hehehe

jozy

*Gan cheong liao...*

June called FH, but he didn't answer and when he called back, she is not at her desk.

Am anxiously awaiting to get hold of her. Hopefully the date is still available!!!

elinwokk

Shirley, that sounds all swell
happy.gif
but the wine charges seem a little on the high side. Only corkage waiver on the hard liquor eh?