Hilton Hotel

ginjean

went down to pass june the cheque and sign the contract. she surprised me with chocolates and more macaroons. omg the macaroons.....super niceeeeeeeeeeeee......

ginjean

diana i think you need to be very fast if you want to sign up with hilton..think today is the last day to sign up with wedding show privileges

daaaiiinaaa

Wah is it..? Wah I think can not make it. Huaa too late.
I like hilton with their nett price and I love the green apple theme.
Ladies, if still confuse with the theme, maybe u can consider the theme color to match with your wedding gown color. =)

ginjean

ya check out the wedding show privileges sheet. "valid for new bookings made between 11th june to 25 june". if you're interested maybe you can try giving them a call..but not sure if june and rachel works on saturdays..

larac

I just went to the bridal suite for photo shoot on Fri... The place was WOOO HOOOO!! Way better then i expected.. everything was nice and comfy! SUper looking forward to Nov.. Guess most of us will be choosing the green apple theme!

binary

Diana Nugroho: so did you manage to contact June over the weekend? did any site visit?

Clara Z: ur MUA is Dana right? saw ur post on her wall.. so why ur MU start so early, 3am.. intial i tot tat is ur AD.. where did u go for PS? think morning PS will be much cooler.. so must be taking sunrise instead of sunset? :p beside Suite, did you manage to visit other facilites in Hilton?
my frenz did her outdoor PS purely in her AD Hotel.. cos she afraid of the hot weather.. so end up we jokingly ask them if they are the spokesperson for the Hotel, like hotel brochures.. taken from different resturants, lounge/bar counter, pool, suite, along many corridors & stairway.. quite a good idea to do 'outdoor' PS with aircon

Bluewingz: we will be given invitation card, think 70% bah.. but the insert with our personal details we need to pay for the priniting..
happy.gif

momo-san: think we need not CHOP tat early lah.. likely they will contact us 4-3mths before AD bah..

lee family: when did Hilton follow up with u on invitation card, favour and arrangment for food tasting? they contact u or u contact them?

larac

Hi Evelyn, Wooooo... Yeah.. My MUA was Dana aka my neighbour too. haha. Meaning you saw some of my make up done by her and i must say im really impress with her make up, hairdo style and the accessories she have! I just make full use of the suite coz the rest of the hotel, we can actually take during the actual day so no point going around taking within the hotel.

We have to do make up at 3am as we need to reach Ubin at 6am to catch the sunrise and the weather was coooling till afternoon. Manage to reach my Sec Sch at 11am+ for more photo shoot. 4pm+ we reach Hilton suite and 8pm+ we were roaming around Orchard taking photos till 11pm+.. Tiring but we really enjoyed the whole photoshoot!

elmo28

well, i heard frm my friend also... they say they are having the SHOW, and it's only at $600++ per table... just wondering if iz true?????

ginjean

not true at all..hilton is a 4 or 5 class business hotel... cannot be having restaurant price lah
happy.gif

for 2012..cheapest cheapest... wedding high tea buffet 84 net person. wedding lunch 7 course.. 888 nett.. no where close to 600++..
why not check with hilton? you'll be able to know if the deal is correct.

hotrod21

Hi all, yes Hilton is offering USD600 for wedding/group event package. There are term and conditions on this package which including the minimum number of room you need to secure. The rate is for the events and excluding room rate and other charges. By the way is offer for Hilton HHonor member.

binary

clara: wow whole day event just for PS.. must be tiring.. so how is Dana's service & skill? do you recom? does she has any portfolio to view in her studio? or just depend on her FB pic..?

planning to visit one day to view her portfolio and confirm with her if she available for my AD.. so happen that there is another MUA, Liren at tanjong pagar too.. tot wan to pay them a visit..

OCT & Nov 2011 Hilton BTB: how ur preparation to date? should be mostly secured or confirmed most of your services for ur AD?.. think next is to send out save date invite, ptint invitation card insert, food tasting cum theme & favur selection and then table arrangement (most headache issue with both parents & PIL).. ur fitting your AD gown.. meet ur sister & brother team..

Are you gals doing any instant print or photo booth? think the reception area is not that big.. especially the Grand ballroom as it might be share with Vista room.

ginjean

i was thinking of doing that instant photo booth thingy too. i think its possible.. the recept area outside of grand ballroom seems quite big... but will guests from vista room be blur and pop over to take photo too?

btw, which BS are you girls getting? now that banquet venue is fixed, i'm focusing on BS. big headache man... cannot decicde which BS..

larac

Hey evelyn... I like her service and her make up skills hence for me it would be a thumbs up! she did for my ROM, PS & she will also be doing for my upcoming AD.. and im sure you will be suprise at the number of accessories she have.. its way better then what i got from the bridal shop! Yeah... Liren Neo is there too and they are just units apart.

yuki84

Hi Wendy, i do not have the wedding show photo. I only have the wedding themes.

To all: Hilton HHonor is free. Anyone know if there is any benefit to get it and use for the wedding? I think can get points but what does the points do? Thanks

hotrod21

Hi all,

Hilton HHonor memmbership is free that right. It can be use for gaining points and airlines mileage when you book room with them. Can enjoy special promotion rate for rooms.

As for the points, can redeem for room stays.

mydestinee

Hi Sugar hmm why do u say their perks r not very gd? What other perks are you looking at?

Frankly speaking,I think you can forget about negotiating cuz the package is already very comprehensive for such a 5 stars hotel n the price is reasonably a great catch!

My only concern is parking lots. Well, nonetheless orchard is so big n has many carparks. I think i better spend my time thinking about other preparations than to think about where they can park. Cuz ultimately most relatives come as a family n colleagues may car pool. So I think it's still manageable.

sugar01

Mydestinee - Quite new to wedding stuff but from what i saw the package like no helper's room, no floral for all tables,ang box etc?? Or can be negotiate with them??

hotrod21

Hi Sugar, you can negotiate for any extra pecks you think you want with them. Is actually up to they whether they want to give to you or charge you for a lower cost.

neverwz

Hey girls , I went for the food tasting alr. Super early I know :p..
All I can say is food is way better than expected
happy.gif
we are asked to select the wedding favors too but they are realli not v impressive
sad.gif

sugar01

Hi Hotrod, thanks! will try to work it out when i meet her
happy.gif

Btw,Vista or Panorama which do you all think is better? In dilemma to choose Hilton or Novotel or traders
sad.gif

yuki84

Hi,

Panorama have big pillars. They used to have the swimming pool facing them but i heard hilton build something to block the view.

Vista share the hall with the grand ballroom.

So it depends on which one matter to u haha.

I went to all 3 u mentioned. Some personal opinion of why i choose hilton over the other 2.
In term of atas-ness and branding, confirm is hilton (other than THE incident which u have to be comfortable with).

Novotel food is not fantastic and i think the price is much cheaper than hilton.
Traders ballroom is nice and they give alot of perks but they charge me 4000 to borrow their room for ROM. Also, traders is very far from MRT station.

I find the wedding favours ok leh haha. In fact, i took a long time to choose haha. The coasters are very nice. The cards are very cute also. I loveeeee the luggage tags lol

binary

hi,

novotel is one of my shortlisted choice, but not trader as it cant fit my min table.

orchard hotel, holiday inn atruim, furama etc, are some of shortlisted choice.. but i still feel that hilton have package with NETT pricing, peak are good during the wedding show.. like 1 wine per table, 1 barrel of wine free, additional free night stay, and helper room is given too.. but again this perks varies from show to show... so some might not appliaable..

usually 5 stars hotel are peak are difficult to ask for but we can also nego with them.. there should be some give and take..

for privacy, think the panorama is better than Vista cos Vistan share reception area with grand ballroom.. and vista is much narrow than panorama (just basesd on my feel)

as for the centre piece, i those it include.. the VIP table one will be placed there thru out the dinner.. while the guest one will remove before the dinner.. so i dun need the need to have centre piece in the first place.. just for the inital look & feel.

i did ask jun abt the AP box not listed in the contract she said that the box is on loan for us on that day FOC.. so this is why she din indicate in the contract..

so overall i find that it a steal for me liao..
think it depend on what u want and the feel for the hotel..

hope u can have a good nego with the coordiante, is she June?

yuki84

I only need 20 - 24 tables so grand ballroom is out. Hubby dun like panaroma because of the big pillars.
Vista seems more cosy, maybe because it is dark lol.

sugar01

Hi Evelyn,thank you for your input!It's Rachel I will be liaising with. Will neg with her again. Hopefully Hilton have roadshow again soon

mydestinee

Sugar I think the packages may change during different roadshows. And the additional perks they throw in may differ too. Mine is the same package as Evelyn I believed, we have a $1.5k off total bill if we confirm 30tables n more. For 20 tables I think is $1k, sry I couldn't remember. Free projectors which is quite common now. N a free function room for ard 30pax if u choose to solemnize right before your banquet. Free cocktail throughout, free 1 barrel of beer, free 1 bottle of wine per table, but ve to pay for hard liquor corkage charges. Free helpers room till 7 or 7.30pm forgot already. Additional 1 night stay.

Some times even the road show is over u can still check if the package is useable. Depending on what you want. Like I heard some who just signed up can go overseas. So envy but package is give n take. For me, i rather change the trip to perks so I ve lesser headache worrying abt this don't ve n that dun ve.

mydestinee

Whichever hotel u go u ve to ask if they provide Ang bao boxes n guest book. It's better to make a checklist of items you want n when u visit more hotels for site viewing naturally u will know what to ask for.

ginjean

Spoken to a lot of my friends about my experience with Hilton so far...same comments from all. Very good customer service!!

mydestinee

Jean yes I second that! June is a very professional and cool manager. She is the only person that puts us at ease that's why we did not really bargain for more. Thumbs up June!!!

sugar01

i see thanks all! but if the reception area is shared by other wedding couples, will it be too messy and crowded?? Is it true that most place(hotel/restuarant) need to share the reception area too?

binary

yes.. I also agreed with jean.. for the share reception area.. not really share.. as they will section into 2 .. and they will display sign and someone to direct the guest to the right one..
this is the same as orchard hotel too

sugar01

Icic..coz wil feel paiseh if my guest go to the wrong reception haha...does anyone has the problem with the narrow aisle in vista or panorama?

Anyone can share with me their AD held in vista or panorama? =)