Grand Shanghai Restaurant

juzagalz

Hey Starling... I alreadi rom last yr le... 1 yr b4 Christine AD and 1 day b4 ur b'day!!!
happy.gif
u having ur rom there?

starling

hahaha, so i'll rem both of ur wedding dates..

ya, i'll b doing my rom there.. all in a day..
shld b done in the changing room though i'll actually like to do it at the waterfront promenade.. cost abt 800+
well, can save $$ then save.. heee

winnie83

hi brides..may i know how many tables maximum can Grand Shanghai accomodate ?

I am sourcing venue and this place seems cool.

kchinghong

hey juzagalz thanks a million, i be going down to grand shanghai this sat to see their wedding deco setup. will try to takes pics and upload it to share here. hopefully it will help. in the end i still decided not to screen video cos i think i wanna save the $350 bucks from renting the screen. wonder why cant they just reno and install the screen? anyway i am thinking of getting them to set up the reception area at the back of the restaurant becos of the very nice big gorgeous fountain view there! hopefully it works.

juzagalz

Hi Christine, can't wait for ur pics... is the fountain u mentioned, e one where couple do their solemnization?

Hi Jenny, e web u mentioned belongs to Christine...

kchinghong

yup juzagalz the fountain area is where couple do their solemnization!

i also wonder what their suite looks like lol nver mind i shall update my blog with the pics of GS (post decorated with the standard deco) and put the link here after today's rehearsal.

annisan

Hi Christine> May i have the contact person email or tel number? im interested to know more as im planning my Wedding on 2011... Thanks!
happy.gif

nirvana07

Hi Christine, thanks for the update on the blog. Great stuff! Valuable info for everyone here. I also did not want the video but my friends and relatives are complaining then who entertain them! Are you doing anything to "replace" the video/ppt?

kchinghong

actually i am still contemplating with or without VG. i m meeting a potential VG for my wedding tonight and will see how it goes. actually no worries becos with the singer singing (2 slots of 40 mins) etc the whole dinner is almost packed with "activities" =) but see bah i might get my mcs to add in a game or 2 in too.

for me video will come in only when a VG can produce something i like. met one yesterday and i din like it at all so hopefully today will be a good one. hopefully will hear good news from me soon.

nirvana07

I don't have any idea at all to pack the night with activities! I was hoping everyone will be happy with the band.. hehe..
You think it is cliche to do ppt on photos from young?

kchinghong

it depends on your preference =) anyway i have manage to get a VG so now i have 2 videos for screening => one prewedding love story mtv + one tea ceremony one by 2 separae VGs. i m so excited!

kchinghong

i just finish filming yesterday and have fallen in love with the video. Cant wait to see the video soon.! hope to see ur wedding video from childhood too! i did that video for my rom and i felt that it is very cosy and close to the heart esp u add in pics of guests who was with u in the past =) esp u family members when u were young!

nirvana07

Sounds like you had fun! Must share share when it is ready.
I prob will DIY the montage but still unsure if I should go ahead with it. Haha.. still feel my wedding is very far away so dilly dallying on loads of things. :p
Christine, your photos swee swee leh.. the oriental room with the bird cage from Luna bar right? thumbs up for the glam shots!

lu_meihua

hi, any bride has spare 4 grand shanghai wedding invitation cards (pic of a lady in cheongsam on the cover)? i nid it to do sth for bride and groom. tks. pls PM me.

kchinghong

wah that's pretty expensive => i have a feeling it has to do with the recent renovation work! sigh i guess the later we booked the wedding banquet the more expensive it becomes.

berrymore

Hi Christine, I think I read that you did not film the video on your wedding day right? Appreciate if you could share with me what is the wedding program for the day as we are thinking of doing away with the video/photo montage too.

We're having our dinner at Grand Shanghai btw too
happy.gif

kchinghong

hi the wedding i m having the standard one with the video and montage. In the end, I decided to have a video montage for tea ceremony for memory keepsake so it wont be much of a point for me to pass you the wedding prog. anyway i am now currently posting some of the pics from the wedding banquet at grand shanghai for those who wans more pics of how the actual dinner goes.
http://christineandvitor.blogspot.com/2010/01/grand-shanghai-wdding-pics-raw-i.html

nirvana07

I think min of 20 tables to a max of 26.

But hor, some tables are tucked right at the back corner of the restaurant so their view will be partially block.

I love the place too! I am heading down to collect my invites next week. Can't wait to see the place since I heard so much about the renovation done.

bobochacha

my sis just attended a wedding there..

i told her the food there is super nice..although i ate there few yrs ago..i can still rem their food..and the decoration..the semi round table..and there will be a lady singing those shanghai song..really got the atmosphere..makes her the more want to attend..keke

then her friend theme is Cheongsam..keke..to match the place..

she came back and told me the food really super nice..coz we hv some FT and AD food taste and look totally diff..but not theirs..their portion also been served individually..

adidasger

I love grandshai too, if only the in-charge is more attentive and sincere, I would place the deposit immediately. Now they are making me think of alternative places to hold my wedding.

Hi christine, how much was your package with GS last time?

stteo78

True, the in-charge is not as sweet as those in a hotel but i pretty like their style. Straight to the point. Whether can or cannot, they do not beat ard the bush. But other than tat, everything is almost perfect with grand shanghai.