Grand Park City Hall

julia85

magdal> 28tables might be jus nice...
jus make sure u really dun have anymore to add..
thou GPCH state min 25 max 32... it's gonna be v squeezy with 30 tables..
and yes they have a private outdoor jacuzzi.. its at the governor suite if i rem correctly...

w3ngal

If is 28 tables n at 8pm le but still no need to use the 2 reserve tables, will the tables be removed from the ballroom or how does it work?

bedazzle_me

If u can inform the hotel by 6pm while they are setting up for the night, they should be able to remove the 2 tables. If only at 8pm, then the 2 reserves tables will be too late to be removed. You will simply have 30 tables in the ballroom- 28 occupied and 2 vacant (reserve tables).

Hi w3n, I had seated 11 guests in one table and seems alright. But of cos, if a couple of them are bigger size, then probably will b a little squeeze.

I got about 3 tables with 11 guests that time.

w3ngal

I had mine two weeks ago too n Janice is really good.

Food is very good. Even fussy guests also commented that is good, fish fresh n wasabi prawns very special n nice. Some minor mistakes here and there but overall very happy that everything went on smoothly!

Decor n ballroom is nice but yah the march in was really short n my pg kept asking me to walk s...l...o...w...e...r lol coz I was too anxious n walked very fast!

w3ngal

Felicia about two months before AD u can contact Cordinator to arrange food tasting
happy.gif

w3ngal

about the same time for the invites. when i email her to ask about the food tasting, she told me about the invites too. subsequently, there are emails almost every week. when i thought of anything to ask, i will email her. i think is not important whether who call who lah as long as everything is in place and goes on smoothly =)

luvyvel

Hi, is there certain timing restricted for food tasting? I intend to have it on sunday lunch. My bf's family cums over to my place for GDL (1 month b4 AD) in the morning and after that we can head to GPCH for meal together.

winter_bluey

If I remember correctly they only allow weekday dinner, it is in the contract but you might want to double confirm with your coordinator

luvyvel

Thanks w3n and winter_bluey!
I tot i read it smwhere in the contract that only weekday dinner, but i couldn't find it nw. Be meeting Janice next week, i will check wif her then.

hyoriqing

does anyone have janice contact? seeing that shes the only one tt has so good review here, it makes me tempted to find out more from her too

noti_hamham

Hi

It will be better to talk to Janice directly as the staff who served mi and my hubby given wrong information when signing up the package. it was quite an unpleasant experience. Do rem to make sure is written down black & white of wad they have committed. =)

zenikole

Hi all, i will be placing m deposit with janice next week. did anyone of you manage to get any extra perks from her? seems like she is quite strict on extra perks.

cyndishi

hi guys, check w ur. there's 1 red wine per table right. do ur still order more red wine fr GPCH when not enough during e dinner or do ur bring in red wine by yrself?

winter_bluey

there was more than enough for my wedding, if i remember correctly, is around 25/bottle. (we signed up at the wedding fair last yr n had 12 extra bottles of red wine.)

For Janice, she will tell u upfront on wat on the perks n max she can give or my hubby n I werent good at bargaining.

feliciatan

Hi all,

Would like to check whether the Invitation card from T Dragon comes with Map? I remember seeing from previous post that the hotel map comes together with the Invitation card provided by Grand park. Last week when I went to select my card, the lady say does not come with the map, have to pay $$$, i didnt ask needa pay how much...

luvyvel

Mel> Hi Mel, may I noe ur map comes in a separated piece of paper or printed on the insert? On which side of the insert it is printed on?

tiaevaleshya

Hi,

Can somebody give me Janice's mobile no or DID no? I had such a bad experience at GPCH yesterday at the wedding show. Few days ago, I met Ivy Yio, a wedding coord at GPCH. Although she wasn't exactly very friendly but I found her to be reasonably professional and for 2 days I was really quite keen to sign up the package as I was happily discussing with my cousin what else to negotiate. My fiance hasn't had a chance to discuss the package with Ivy so I brought my cousins and fiance to the wedding show yesterday.

What a disappointment! Ivy was nonchalant when I asked her to go through the package with us again. She simply said, oh, it's like what I told you couple of days ago. And then when she explained the package to us again, she sounded so sianz and impatient. She also refused to budge on the perks (and her attitude when she did so was also one of 'ai4 mai3 shua4'). Then when we were about to leave, my cousin asked for complimentary parking passes, she was told that only couples who had booked a package can get them. Hey! I mean, I did tell Ivy that I will be bringing my fiance to come negotiate again - it can't be the case that my fiance had only seen the coordinator and the package once and then we straight away book the package right? I asked a staff for the parking pass (my thinking is if you want to be so stingy, I will act stingy as well and insist on the pass). She kept asking me if it's true I'm in the midst of a negotiation and even asked me to wait for a long time for Ivy before they grudgingly give me 2 passes for my cousin and myself. Honestly, we really love the ballroom and cocktail area (I was willing to close one eye on the sleeziness of the surrounding environment that the hotel is in) but I can't tolerate such a behaviour. If I want to hold my wedding there, I'd rather go with Janice - I saw her at the wedding show and she seemed really nice. I wished I had initiated the negotiation with her instead of Ivy. Such a disappointment.

Appreciate it if someone can give me Janice's direct or mobile no.

Thanks!

baby_luv

Hi Tiaevaleshya,

Sad to hear about your experience with Ivy. Janice is indeed a nice coordinator.

Her contacts:
Janice Ee
Assistant Banquet Sales Manager
email: [email protected]
DID: (65) 6432 5649
Tel: (65) 6336 3456

jgenesis

Hi bbtea,

who is your coodinator? This is very serious and I think you should meet him directly for an explanation or the management staff. Because of his nonchalant attitude, it has affected the years of good reviews in the forum!

weixiang_06

well, i had my solemnization and AD done in GPCH in March 2010 & Jan 2011... it was top notch then..

perhaps GPCH services have really gone down the drain...

weixiang_06

Ojh: I signed under William, the former Banquet sales manager.. he was good.. someone took over, not going to mention names here..

however, several forumers had bad experience with him... as i mentioned, perhaps the service have gone downhill

luvyvel

Hi GPCH brides,

Im planing the songs for my wedding lunch in coming October. Getting excited abt it!
Does GPCH provide 1st-dish song? I hav attended weddings at other hotels, and the waitress did a small dance performance before serving. Does GPCH does tt as well?

rx1852

Hi LuvyveL (luvyvel) ,

i ask Janice the same qn last mth whn i meet up with her , they do have a list of songs for Fd presentation but with no dance...
happy.gif

luvyvel

Thanks RX1852! Ur wedding day comin soon? Mine in October.

Anyone here DIY ur childhood montage in windows movie maker? Janice told me they use dvd player to play the childhood montage, i dun thk the dvd player can play wma files rite? May I know which software u use to DIY? <2months to my date, n i haven get ready my montge yet =(

luvyvel

Jiening> thanx for prompt reply! Decide to start tis 'little-project' today (hope so =p).
Oh so can bring along labtop to connect, tt will b good! So tt means on the actual day, i nid to allocate one of my helpers at the AV room to operate the labtop isit?

jiening

welcome! yup, had one of our brothers to help control the playing of montage. if give them the cd they'll help, but if connect ur own laptop then have to have ur helper to help u.
but better check with your coordinator again cuz my wedding was 1 yr ago.. hahaha~~

jiayou on ur proj!! :D

tauruspair

LuvyveL,

Do not worry too much. Gather your photos and arrange to sequence. I was quite blessed, my sis-law did the photo montage for me. Anyway, prior to your AD, do a AV testing on the montage. I did a testing like 4 days before. I made arrangement with Janice while I just link up with AV technician on that night. I did like a AV trial testing run for the event with my two photo montage and also the march in music.

I think it is important that you try and test out the video format, burn and convert into DVD and roll out the testing for compatibility. Alternatively bring your laptop (same one used for AD) for testing.

Like what Jiening says, have your own helper. I had my AV helper just in case, but all will be coordinated well before with the AV technician and operations/banquet Manager

jiening

BT, wah so good. still can test 4 days before..
i didnt have the time, and coordinator went to reservist.. i only had my montage tested out on my AD before the dinner.. lol

tauruspair

I wrote to Janice much earlier, 2-3 weeks before hand, even before the photo montage was done up.
Still deciding and planning the type of music inside the montage and march in music.

Basically the correspond was more like the confirmation of my testing date on which day evening, and after which i just coordinate directly with the AV technician on that night.

tauruspair

To all brides to be,

Personally I feel a lot of pro-activeness and preparations involved.

Well you may call me kiasu, but i think im quite blessed because of good bunch of helpers/ brothers who coordinated during the whole preparations. For me, mine was lunch, so basically i had to ensure the program execution to be precise and prompt to timing as per scheduled.

I want my bride to be happiest, prettiest, stress- free to enjoy the whole process on her big day

rx1852

Hi peeps..if we r to do the montage ourself , hw abt the license thinggy? I tot of doing it myself too using the movie maker but ended up my VG did it for me cuz of the music license thinggy...

jiening

my montage was without any music. the music is played through the hotel's system, so it wont have the license problem.

for the morning highlight video, my VG helped me to apply license for that song. the license costs about $96.

luvyvel

Thanx BT and Jiening!
I am currently still consolidating my photos. Shortlisted a lot! haha thk will hav to cut dwn smmore. Will heed ur advice to test it before AD!
I hav been to serveral weddings, my friends still did their own montages with music.

tauruspair

Yes, i think you can get your montages done over some software with the music. If I did not remember wrongly, my sis-in-law used this software Photodex Proshow gold for the montage. Hope it can work for you. After testing and if time permits, you can even change other songs of your liking.

You can have a general feel in the ballroom when the music is played.
The experience can be a pre-run for your actual day, even for a rehearsed march in too. =)

rx1852

Hi BT , jus google on the prog u mentioned..it looks v cool... My VG did e montage for me but i was nt satisfied,its like he do for e sake of doing onli
sad.gif
i felt i can do a better job though :p i'll try it out tonite... thks...

luvyvel

The Proshow gold looks good! If i wan to download the trial version, hw long does this free licence last? Im afraid im too slow to learn =p

tauruspair

I have no idea how long the trial version. But the software does look impressive. As i was given the walkthrough of the program, it looks simple. Probably need to familiarize the toolbars, importation of files and to do some testing of the music.

I am no expert but I feel the learning curve should be reasonable, if you have 2 months or so for the preparations. Unless of course you need to touch up on the photos , i.e photoshop, cropping photos. I have 2 sets of photo montage. The difficult part will be probably the childhood montage part because of the quality of the image of the photos. You can also blend 2 or more music within the montage.

Cheers, Happy learning.