Goodwood Park Hotel

dyj3003

>>bubb: so, have you signed with GWP, for Winsor Ballroom? I din see your package details, wonder what extra perks can we ask from them? I'm looking at taking a weekend package, can share your package with me. many thanks!

>>Adrian: understand that you had your wedding at GWP last year, can share your package with me? which dishes did you pick for your guests, nice? any advice is appreciated, thanks!

ruachgall

Hey all

I have emailed GWP asking them to email me their wedding packages 2 weeks back but have not heard from them lor... Can someone please send me their 2008 wedding packages at [email protected]?

Btw, is their service really that bad? Sounds so scary leh

vivien_lim

hi all, i meeting the planner on 29feb 08,my dinner is on the 5th Oct08, what are the extra perks i should look out for? after my trip, i will updates all here my comments
happy.gif

dyj3003

hi vivien,
who is your consultant and how many tables do you have? guess their package is pretty standard - already includes most of things that I need. Try asking for more beer and corkage waiver if you really need them. PM me if interested to discuss more.

denise_0704

Hi,

Try looking for esther.. she's a nice lady.. However, I decided to give it a miss.. coz i would prefer somewhere with more colorful theme selection..

But for those who love victorian setting, GWP is the right place to choose :D

dyj3003

Dear All,
Attached are the 2008 packages for your interest. I've signed with Esther as we like the cosy feel of their ballrooms. Free flow beer and total waiver of corkage may not be applicable to everyone, esply if you don't have many guests or drinking guests. So no point asking for such perks if you don't need them. Nevertheless, she'll try to help as much as possible based on your AD (wkday/wkend) no.of tables requirements. If needed, can PM me prior to your visit so that I can inform her to give you folks a better deal
happy.gif
cheers!

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_zip.gif

GWP Wedding Packages 2008.zip (47.9 k)</td></tr></table></center>

ice

Hi all,

Here're some pictures of the Tudor Ballroom I took on Sat. I was there at around 6pm and they were still setting up. I think there were 20 tables. Looked cozy but also rather cramp.

Can any GWP brides who held their wedding in Tudor advise me what is the optimum no. of tables?

Thanks!

621958.jpg
621959.jpg

dyj3003

thanks Ice for the photos. Is 20 really too cramp for Tudor? I may go down to 18 tables in that case.

>>Ice: Is the table arrangement 4-by-5? thot the max capacity of the room is 23, if so where will the other 3 tables be? Since your AD is on a weekday, perhaps you can try asking for the Windsor ballroom. However, I also heard that you have to pay extra $30/table on top of the listed price for using the big ballroom.

>>GWP Brides: can anyone comment on the food? which dishes are nice?

ice

Hi Jie,

Yeah, I think the table arrangement is 4 x 5. I don't think this ballroom can fit 23 (unless minus the stage). I will ask Jasmine about this when I next talk to her. Don't think I want to switch to the big ballroom at extra cost, it will be too empty for 20+2 tables.

dyj3003

hmm, can ask Jasmine what's the arrangement like for 18 tables?

yeah, think the windsor ballroom will only look nice if we have many tables. plus the high ceiling, makes the room even more empty. one GWP bride commented that even after topping up money for extra flowers, ballroom still look too "big" yah? guess that's what she meant...

ice

Hi Jie,

Jasmine sent me a layout for Tudor Ballroom for 20 tables. We feel that it's not really to scale. What we saw on the other Saturday was a 4 x 5 layout with the chairs of the last row tables already touching the back wall.

She actually commented that a total 18 tables is the best for Tudor.

629179.jpg

dyj3003

>>ice: thanks so much for helping! yah, the floorplan looks pretty spacious but your photo shows that table very close to one another.

We'll stick to Tudor and have 18 tables then. Will confirm the table arrangement with Esther again closer to date
happy.gif

cutieprincess

Hi,
I intend to book my wedding package together with my solminsation at GoodwoodPark Hotel. Hope to know more about their services and the food there. Have read some of the comments and it wasn't very good...

What are the perks i can get there? I have spoken to one of the consulatants and it seems like they are not able to give me anything...
sad.gif
They seem to be very stingy with their perks.
who should i look for so i can get a good deal?

My email is [email protected]

love_or_money

Actually I have to disagree. We've been to Goodwood twice to meet with the catering manager and director and they have both been very accommodating and we will be signing up with them!

dyj3003

>>bliss_ang: is your AD on a wkday/ wkend? how many tables do you have? pls share what kinda (extra) perks did you neg and who's your coordinator? If not convenient to post online, can PM me
happy.gif
Thanks!

bliss_ang

I signed up with esther during last year wedding show. As for the perks, think you have to neg with them
happy.gif
....but i feel that the perks are very attractive during that show..different times got diff prices and perks..cannot compare...

dyj3003

>>bliss_ang: ah, you've gotten a good deal -perks during the wedding show are definitely attractive -managed to find something on their (un-updated) website
happy.gif
however, for those of us who have missed the show seems to have a harder time trying to neg for the same perks, gotta make do with much lesser items/options..

so, for those who managed to neg great perks (exclude those from wedding show) do share
happy.gif
thanks!

cutieprincess

Hi,
I intend to book my wedding package together with my solminsation at GoodwoodPark Hotel. Hope to know more about their services and the food there. Have read some of the comments and it wasn't very good...

What are the perks i can get there? I have spoken to one of the consulatants and it seems like they are not able to give me anything... :-( They seem to be very stingy with their perks.
who should i look for so i can get a good deal?

My email is [email protected]

jinnie

Hi cutieprincess,

Before finally deciding on the venue, ask yourself what is it that is most important to you. Is it the perks, the atmosphere, the ballroom, the hotel or the food? Also, does the number of tables fit your requirement?

I was totally mesmerized when I saw Tudor Ballroom. To me, the perks offered by GWP were also quite standard compared to other hotels. What kind of additional perks are you looking for?

love_or_money

Hi cutieprincess

We have booked with GWP for our wedding banquet through Mei Fung. She is very flexible and friendly. Maybe you can try meeting with her for more info

srock

Hi,

I've thinking of getting a sunday dinner package from GWP.

Got their packages and considering of meeting them soon.

Same questions, what perks can we request from them? Seems like they are not really accommodative with regards to extra perks from the forum!

Just wondering if anyone managed to get free flow beer from them? I think quite crucial to me!!

Thanks in advance.

dyj3003

>>See Fong: I only managed to get them to upgrade my beer from 20L to 30L. Guess your "free flow" wont be a easy mission unless yours on weekday.. usually difficult to get extra perks for weekend dinners. anyway, what kinda of extra perks are you looking at?

ice

Hi See Fong,

Mine is a weekday dinner and we didn't get free flow beer too -> only an upgrade to 30L like jie.
They told me that extra parking coupons and extra night are not possible. Good luck!

srock

Hi All,

I was told that there will be a wedding show at GWP in june where we can get better perks.

Seriously considering GWP but very very concerned by the negative feedbacks.

bumblebee75

Hi to all,

Sorry that I have not replied to Jie.

Personally, I think Tudor can hold 18 tables for a more spacious seating. I had 21 tables I think... hahahaha.. forgot liao. It was a bit cramped. I told the dinner co-ordinator to sift the additional tables (reserve) to the pillar, since I was pretty sure there should not be any un-invited guests.

My Chinese menu was standard except I changed the desert after food tasting. The 'Or Ni' was not very nice and was very very hapy with the mango pamelo desert. It was so good that all my guest were busy eating it and we waited for a while outside to ballroom to bid our guests farewell. hahhahaha.... We even got the hotel to deliver 2 more bowls to our room...hahahhaha... compliments for GWP.... who said they had bad service??

We also got the hotel to deliver the sharks fin to our room during the change of gowns as we love sharks fins a lot... sorry not very shark friendly..hee...hee..

Talk to Jasmin if you have doubts about bad service. Tell her your concerns. I think they are very aware of what is written in this forum. I spoke to them during my rehearsal for the videos and songs. They know what comments are passed here. It amazes me how pple got bad service from them. I guess it is the initial stage of getting their sales to call you back.

Well, just call and book an appointment. I think they are professional in all aspects.

GWP is locally owned... the more we should support our local industry. I know of other Hotels (international 5 star) dishing out spoilt cold dishes. hahaha... so it is not about 5 stars international or local... the Chinese restaturant in GWP is very good. We loved the food there and so did my guest. I think it is because I kept emphasising to Jasmin that small screwed ups are acceptable but not screwd-up food for my guests as they will talk behind my back for upteen years.

Good Luck pple...

dyj3003

>>Adrian: Thanks for sharing. Std Chinese Menu? hmm, can you still remember what dishes did you get then? We have a list of dish options and no idea which is nice. Do PM me the details if not too inconvenient for you. Thanks!

>>See Fong: We missed the wedding show last year and couldnt wait for this year's. It should offer quite good perks that GWP doesn't usually give even after much negotiations (based on few couples' experience). If you are seriously considering GWp, suggest you dont miss the show
happy.gif
Good Luck!

bumblebee75

Jie: Here you go...this is from my confirmation email to jasmin. Die die dun take the 'Or Ni' cos the coconut was overcooked during our food tasting and it spelt like coconut oil. We did not like it.

Appetizers:
- Roasted Suckling Pig Slices
- Roasted Duck
- Baby Octopus
- Fried Phoenix Prawn
- Water Chestnut Roll

Soup:
- Braised Shark's Fin Soup with Crabmeat and Bamboo Pith

Poultry:
- Roasted Crispy Chicken

Fish:
- Red Garoupa steamed with Soya Sauce

Vegetables:
- Stewed Vegetables with Abalone and Sea Cucumber

Prawns:
- Poached 'live' prawns with Chinese herbs and wine

Scallops &amp; Squid:
- Sauteed Scallops and Squid with X.O. sauce

Rice &amp; Noodles:
- Fragrant Lotus Leaf Rice with Roast Meats

Dessert:
- Mango with Pamelo...

bumblebee75

Hi,

Just one thing to note for all those who are looking at GWP, there are certain things that they are quite stringent on. NO extra nite stay and no free helpers room.

However, for other things, they are quite flexible with like no corkage, additional barrel of beer. If you are doing your ROM on the same day, then you might get some freebies here and there lah. Find out for yourself.

Anyway if you have more than 18 tables, suggest you try to get Windsor as Tudor was quite a squeeze for my 22 tables.... hahahhahaa...

Okie I have spoken sufficient to help GWP lah. I really cannot comprehend why pple can get bad service from GWP? Sometimes I see some couples really asking a lot of freebies that is not possible. Everyone has a profit margin.

Sorry for being blunt, but we dun bargain for preparing a funeral as we are grieving. Therefore, hope that everyone out there will also do so when you are celebrating a new chapter in your life. Just enjoy and be happy.

Good luck and God Bless.

jayin_fairyland

Anyone knows whether i can hold my solemisation in GWP before the dinner, but at no extra cost? Does GWP provide such service? Just need either a room or a place for me to have my solemisation. Thanks.

eileen1601

Hi Guys,

I juz had my wedding celebration at GWP on the 9th May 2008. I had a very good time there and i will like to reassure you that you are in very safe hands at GWP. Attached is my letter of appreciation to their catering director. Hopefully this helps to instill some confidence in you guys. Initially i was also quite put off by the negative feedbacks and didn't even want to consider the hotel. But my mum likes the colonial feel of the place and urged me to make an appt with the catering sales manager before i make a decision and i am glad i did just that!<center><table border=1><tr><td>
attachment_icon.gif
Letter of appreciation
Letter of appreciation- Jasmine.doc (28.7 k)</td></tr></table></center>

ju_ed

Hi GWP brides,

I will be having my solemnization ceremony at GWP and my coordinator is Mei Fung. I was told that the "special room rates" that they offer us in the contract when we take up the package is "subject to availability". I am quite bent on the type of room I want, and am wondering if there's anything that I can do to secure it? Thanks!

Hi Joey,

You can also try 4 seasons and Ritz Carlton for their smaller rooms.

veeve

hihi
i noe that u can have ure solemisation at GWP poolside but they charge 500 dollars for deco n all.. but no food included,,
heard the GWP is q old.. isit true that they are renovating now?
am also planning 2 hold my wedding dinner and solemnisation at GWP but comments abt bad service makes me very sceptical

haźe

Hi Joey,

i agree with ju_ed, should really try Four Seasons. Their Western and Eastern rooms on the 20th level (if i m not wrong) is really gorgeous with fantastic views and nearby pool side... really very nice...

but for 80pax you need to use both western and eastern room as each room can only accommodate 6 tables i think...

i cant cos i m looking at bigger rooms... if not i will jump in for tt location...

haźe

Hi Adrian,

Did you have your ROM on the same day as your wedding banquet? May i know what kind of freebies you got and where did u hold it?

I am planning to do my solemnization n wedding banquet on the same day at the same location.

ju_ed

Hi Hazel and Joey,

Four Seasons also has a smaller ballroom called Crescent. It has its own private foyer. Nice and pillarless, if i recall correctly, with beautiful chandeliers. The minimum tables i think is 12 for that room. so if u have 8 tables u may want to try giving them a call to see if they can accomodate u. Most likely they would if u upgrade ur menu.

ju_ed

hi vivienne,

i'll be having my solemnization at the poolside too
happy.gif

which pool are u looking at? if i understand correctly, the 500 dollars rental is for the mayfair pool and includes setting up of PA system and table and chairs, and food is charged separately, but there is no space for any buffet set up or sit down meals. however, if u want to use the main pool (tudor terrace), then u can go for their high tea or lunch or dinner buffet and the rental of the terrace is waived.

i guess it all boils down to which pool u prefer and what type of wedding u want to have.

hope that helps some.

haźe

hey this sharing of information on solemisation is very useful... i have been wondering this and intend to ask the wedding planner on this coming sunday wedding show... now i know wat to expect... but the thing i m looking at something more than solemisation... looking at a church ceremony...

anyone here attending the wedding show?

ju_ed

hi hazel,

u're most welcome!

i'm most probably not attending the wedding show since before we signed up for the solemnization package with them, we checked with the coordinator if there were any perks for solemnization packages during the show and there were none; there is only going to be perks for the wedding banquet packages. since we'd already decided to hold our banquet elsewhere, there was no point in us attending it.

btw, if u're having your church wedding, do u have any florist in mind? i'm using the mayfair pool and i'm not sure if i should pay GWP to do up the place ( the 500 bucks does not include deco), or if i should engage my own from outside.

veeve

Hi Ju_ed,
Many many thanks for your info. i am thinking of having it at the main pool..any difference between the main pool and the mayfair pool ? how many guests are u having for your somlenisation?

Hi hazel, im actually also looking 4 a church wedding too but i tot that having the poolside n then proceeding to the dinner would be much more convenient 4 us and 4 the guests.. still q undecided.. will be heading down 4 the wedding show tmr too.

ju_ed

Hi veeve,

hmm...differences... looks-wise, the mayfair pool is more "balinese" style, and more private, while i feel the main pool is more "resort" style.
price-wise, u have to pay both rental and food for the Mayfair pool, but for the main pool, rental is waived if u get their food packages. serving style wise, the mayfair pool does not have enough space for sit-down meals, so the canapes and drinks will be served butler-style, while for the main pool i understand there can be buffet set ups.

we will only invite close friends and family for the solemnization. the max number of ppl stated in the contract for that area is 30, so we will not be exceeding that.

veeve

Hi ju-ed,

many thanks for that..
actually kinda upset coz the date that i wanted.. the coordinator didnt helpe me check properly. she only told me it was avail for the windsor ballroomn but didnt check if it was avail for the main pool..now only she tells me that its taken lioa..
sighh.any other suggestions where i can hold my solemisation?