Furama Riverfront Singapore

sandsand

the captain in charge of my dinner was very good too.. a malay chap, cannot remember his name off hand..

Stnov and evon, sure i will post pics of my wedding and honeymoon... AD pics not ready yet though.. will post up when they are ready.

my first dish presentation was also normal. We told carol that we didnt want any fanciful dance or anything (saw some weird dish presentation at furama city centre, so we scared liao. right from start we say dont want liao) besides, we chose the food presentation song for them. we used Moondance.

dewdew

Hi bigboyji,
Thanks for your reply...really glad to hear gd comments for the food...as for the pillars..i really hope a gd arrangement of tables will help to minimize the blockage...can understand how frustrating it is if the views were blocked by the pillars...

Starjewel,
I would prefer Mercury...mainly because of the full length glass windows, facing swimming pool on one side and the 'waterfall' features on the other side...its kinda special. And according to the sales manager i liased with, we can have the cocktail reception by the pool side if the weather is gd! However, the room has rather low ceilings...so it may not look that grand, just cosy...it also have huge pillars like Jupiter ballroom...well, hopefully the intelligent lights and projectors they have will make the ballroom fantastic! Gonna go down on the 27th to view the wedding layout...
happy.gif

mebbie

hi..dew,
have u make appointment??
i am also going down to check the layout..end of this month..
mine AD is in march 07.. u are more than welcome to come n check out mine

dewdew

Hi Mebbie,
I didn't really make appt, it was Halim, my coordinator, who asked me to view the setup on 27th so that i can have a better idea of how its gonna look like...so i guess i will be just popping by before the cocktail reception starts...so u taking Mercury ballroom? 2 months away from your AD, must be gettin nervous now right!??
happy.gif

sandsand

hey wee.... carol was my coordinator, she did a terrific job!!!!! she has a good memory, very friendly.... thumbs up to her!

0212bride

hi gals, i'd like to know if anyone has seen their first dish presentation? i went for a banquet once where 3 staffs (in uniforms) danced on stage for the first dish presentation. Frankly it was quite bad. Do they still do that?

sandsand

iced latte... i think thats what bigboyji had for their first dish presentation.. for us right from start we told them we dont want such fanciful presentation liao and even gave them our own songs for march in....

our wedding hor, some of them went to the china town one.. and the next day we kay poh, go to the ballroom to see the wedding there and the groom was on the phone like "mine is riverfront, not city centre!".. we couldnt help but snigger... hee..

bigboyj

Hi iced latte... yes, they will first begin with 3 staff dancing on stage... a bit wierd though... i was at first wondering what dey were doing... until the dancing chef came in... didn't really matter after that...

Ribbons ... I called my guest before hand and yet they can still go wrong hotel.... best part... some can still argue with me :p... guess this is something that cannot be help loh... can only minimize it...

mebbie

hi dew dew..
really nervous man..has not started doing the montage.

did u guys get the free montage??
how long they took to produce it??

stnov

perhaps to make things easier.....shd have inform guests is d hotel next to d niteclub.....thou dun sound good but for easier recognition.....wat to do.....

sandsand

something should really be done man... everyone thinks its the city centre one.. i also sent sms to all my friends telling them specific directions and that it is not the one at chinatown but they still go wrongly....

eccentrical

ribbons, when you sms them the specific directions? I already rsvp with them liao.. Shd I still sms them on the directions? Tat time my food tasting, my sister bf also went wrong hotel..

eccentrical

hi mebbie..

They say about 2-3 weeks before hand.. THey managed to give me my montage about 1 week before my requested date.. I think hey quite nice to discuss with.. The montage is simple.. nothing very fanciful.. But is orite..

bigboyj

Yah... the montage nothing fanciful... its free... wats there to ask... but just take note... they using same template for all FRF couples... i realise after 1 week after collecting the montage that there was spelling error "With compliment"... They were able to change within two days... so better give yourself some time... dey say nobody ever noticed this... just wondering if anyone out has the misspelled version... :p

bigboyj

Is there a Jason here who is having his wedding on the 26 Jan at Jupiter. I am your brother's colleague. Small world... your brothers attended my wedding two weeks back, also at Jupiter, and next week will be yours... Just wanted to send you my congrats... I am sure you will enjoy your nite... if you have any enquires, just let me know loh...

sandsand

twinkly.... although i have many tables, i only have about 4 tables of friends. so my sms was like, "hi. a reminder, my hotel is Furama RIVERFRON Hotel, it is NOT the one in CHINATOWN!! please acknowledge".... even with such an sms, pple still go wrongly... sigh... heee!!

sandsand

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>AD Date</TD><TD>FRF Venue</TD><TD>Coordinator</TD><TD>Solemnization Venue</TD><TD>BS</TD><TD>AD PG/ VG</TD><TD>Love Nest</TD><TD>Multiply ID </TD></TR><TR><TD>Piggy</TD><TD>11-May-06</TD><TD>Venus</TD><TD>Albert</TD><TD>ROM (21 Dec 05)</TD><TD>French Bridal</TD><TD>PG:David Tan VG: Friend</TD><TD>Jalan Tenteram</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Magical</TD><TD>29-May-06</TD><TD>Venus</TD><TD>Albert</TD><TD>ROM (06/10/2004)</TD><TD>Bridal Zone </TD><TD>PG &amp; VG: Jacky ( Injack Studio)</TD><TD>Bukit Batok</TD><TD>fionazs </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yabadabadoo</TD><TD>24-Jun-06</TD><TD>Jupiter</TD><TD>Carol</TD><TD>Grand Plaza Park Royal</TD><TD>French Bridal</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Katong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>preciousmoments</TD><TD>24-Sep-06</TD><TD>Venus(TBC) </TD><TD>Halim</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Honeymoon Bridal (JB)</TD><TD>PG/ VG:Leonard Digital Image/Forest Productions</TD><TD>Eunos Court</TD><TD>siokchen </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline</TD><TD>11-Oct-06</TD><TD>Venus</TD><TD>Carol</TD><TD>ROM (25 Sep 05)</TD><TD>GHA (Tampines)</TD><TD>PG/VG: Jacky (Injack Studio)</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD><TD>bb1111 </TD></TR><TR><TD>JY Partner</TD><TD>14-Oct-06</TD><TD>Jupiter </TD><TD>Albert</TD><TD>ROMed 27 Nov 01</TD><TD>Sophia Wedding Collection</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Hougang </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hui</TD><TD>5-Nov-06</TD><TD>Jupiter</TD><TD>Albert</TD><TD>10/25/2005</TD><TD>Fame Bridal</TD><TD>Allen Dai</TD><TD>Strathmore Ave</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>angelinapan</TD><TD>26-Nov-06</TD><TD>Venus</TD><TD>Albert</TD><TD>FRF Lobby Lounge</TD><TD>Dio Gio/ GHA</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD>guishan </TD></TR><TR><TD>SoyBean</TD><TD>26-Nov-06</TD><TD>Jupiter Room</TD><TD>Jasmine</TD><TD>18-Mar-05</TD><TD>Bridal Concept</TD><TD>Adrian</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD>Kenmea </TD></TR><TR><TD>pandasrcute</TD><TD>4-Dec-06</TD><TD>Venus (TBC) </TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Wedding Photo Bridal </TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Potong Pasir</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kai </TD><TD>12-Dec-06</TD><TD>FRF (TBC)</TD><TD>Halim</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Yvonne Creative </TD><TD>PG: Andy Loh VG: TBC</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD>Kai26 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ribbons</TD><TD>30-Dec-06</TD><TD>Venus </TD><TD>Carol</TD><TD>AMK Methodist Church</TD><TD>Valentine Bridal (JB)</TD><TD>PG: Larry Lim</TD><TD>Strathmore Ave</TD><TD>seandra </TD></TR><TR><TD>BigBoyJ</TD><TD>6-Jan-07</TD><TD>Jupiter (06 Jan 07)</TD><TD>Jasmine</TD><TD>ROM Love Suite (26 May 06) </TD><TD>DiGio</TD><TD>PG: DiGio VG:TBC</TD><TD>Yio Chu Kang</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>KoceanO</TD><TD>20-Jan-07</TD><TD>Jupiter</TD><TD>Jasmine</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Sophia Wedding Collection</TD><TD>Sean</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>OceanOSH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serene</TD><TD>26-Jan-07</TD><TD>Venus</TD><TD>Albert</TD><TD>12-Jun-04</TD><TD>French Bridal</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinkly_bubblegum</TD><TD>27-Jan-07</TD><TD>Jupiter</TD><TD>Jasmine</TD><TD>Plaza Parkroyal Garden</TD><TD>Selet@r Broadway</TD><TD>Vocamedia</TD><TD>Farrer Road</TD><TD>footingting </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mebbie</TD><TD>24-Mar-07</TD><TD>Mercury Ballroom</TD><TD>Albert</TD><TD>ROM (16 Nov 06 )</TD><TD>Bridal Zone </TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>tba</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ringadingling</TD><TD>31-May-07</TD><TD>Venus</TD><TD>Carol</TD><TD>SAF Chalet 18 Feb 05</TD><TD>DIY</TD><TD>Personal Friend</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD>ringadingling </TD></TR><TR><TD>evonTan</TD><TD>2-Jun-07</TD><TD>Jupiter</TD><TD>Jasmine</TD><TD>Jupiter </TD><TD>Thomson Wedding Design</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>CCK Central</TD><TD>evon72 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wilest</TD><TD>1-Jul-07</TD><TD>Venus</TD><TD>Halim</TD><TD>ROM- Joy Suite 22 Jun 04</TD><TD>Venus Bridal (JB)</TD><TD>PG: Tony Dot photography</TD><TD>CCK Cres</TD><TD>wilestnie </TD></TR><TR><TD>Glad</TD><TD>10-Aug-07</TD><TD>Ballroom</TD><TD>Albert</TD><TD>23 Apr 06 SRC</TD><TD>DIY</TD><TD>Friend/ Brother</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Star Gal</TD><TD>19-Oct-07</TD><TD>Venus</TD><TD>Jasmine</TD><TD>3/9/2006</TD><TD>GHA (Tampines)</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Wellington Circle</TD><TD>wendyhmc </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evelyn</TD><TD>22-Nov-07</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>ROM 3 Jan 06</TD><TD>My Bridal Room</TD><TD>Sam</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>iceblue27</TD><TD>16-Dec-07</TD><TD>Venus (TBC) </TD><TD>Jasmine</TD><TD>Tea House 21 Mar 06</TD><TD>Wedding Photo Bridal Couture</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>StNov</TD><TD>2-Jan-08</TD><TD>Ballroom</TD><TD>Albert</TD><TD>ROM 2003</TD><TD>Volansz Couture</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>CCK</TD><TD>Silverfit </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

any updates or new FRF couples who's details arent on this table?

wanone78

Hi Ribbons,

Please add me
Nick: Wan
AD: 9/11/07
FRF venue: Venus
Co-or: Jasmine
ROM venue: ROM 20/05/2005
BS: Bridal Concept
AD PG/VG: TBA
Lovenest: Compassvale-Sengkang

Hi gals, any good AD PG/VG who charge reasonable price to recommend..thanx

kellykat

hi ladies

am considering this hotel as i had my ROM reception there and was very pleased w my coordinator's professionism and commitment.
Any comments on the food? I heard that it is not bad. Hope you can give some feedback. Thanks

0212bride

Hi bigboyj

They hv a dancing chef now in addition to the 3 staff? Sounds like the dancing chef is the main dancer and a good one then.

My fren's wedding was abt 2yrs back and only 3 staffs dancing on stage. tt's why looked funny and the song was a lousy one too. Glad its now much better. My fren's bro having his wedding there coming Mar so i can tell them its ok to go for the dance segment now
happy.gif

mebbie

hi hi ..
i am thinking of putting an additional slip of paper together with the wedding card..
"DO NOT GO TO CHINATOWN"..

but i guess it sounds really rude..

pskin

Hi mebbie,

I am going to sign the mercury room with albert too.. just wan to find out more details about your package with him and any comments on his service... issit possible to send me an email? [email protected]. Thanks.

Btw, what is the multiply id for? issit for photo viewing?

sandsand

mebbie..... hahaha... but hor, i thnk ah, even if u put that, there will still be pple who go to the chinatown one..
in my card it stated former apollo hotel, and got map, but obviously pple not paying attention. how about when u hand them the card, tell them verbally...

pskin, multiply is like a personal website.. very easy to use.. u can upload pictures, videos, blog.. try it!
http://multiply.com

twinkle2610

ribbons.. i oso have a couple of frens who went wrong hotel.. one is my gal fren.. the other is R's fren.. haha... heng my fren was early... she called, n asked for my rm no... den realise tt hotel, city ctr, dun have tt rm no... haha... i guess gg to the wrong pl is inevitable, even though u keep reminding n highlighting.. i oso dunno y leh.. haha... i guess it's becoz last time only got one Furama...so pple presume it's the one at chinatown....for BTBs.. mayb u can tell pple "Last time de Apollo" Older folks can identify with tt....

sandsand

oh gosh... at least city centre dont have that hotel number man. if not she would be knocking on the wrong door!

but "former apollo hotel" the older pple know.. my guest who went to wrong place are the younger ones who dont know that FRF is former apollo hotel!

eccentrical

So worry my guests go wrong hotel also.. Will sms them on the night before my wedding.. Ok rite, wont be too late?

Last time I had my ROM at Plaza Parkroyal, 1 friend also went to Grand Plaza Parkroyal.. Sometimes it just cant be helped I guess..
happy.gif

sandsand

yah, cannot help it one lah...

i will get copthorn kings, grand copthorn and copthorn water front mixed up too... or even holiday inn atrium or holiday inn park view.....

0212bride

i rec'd a sms from my fren too, few days b4 his wedding reminding me not to go to the chinatown one. Luckily he did so cos all along i tot its the chinatown one!

if the 2 hotels are too far away then some guests might choose not to make it to the correct venue, esp if they alrdy arrive late at the wrong pl. or if they rush over, hv to wait for them ya.. better advise my gf's bro to send such reminders this march too.. no joke to start too late or hv empty seats due to the confusion

sandsand

iced latte.... i also sent out smses to my friends, 1 week b4 and the day b4 the wedding to tell them NOT TO GO TO CHINATOWN... but still got some go.. haha..

some go cos truly blur. But some went cos they told the cab driver, "Furama riverfront" the uncle say "orh." but still send them to chinatown one. haha..

crystaldolphin

Hi all,

me thinking of signing up with FRF too, for the mecury ballroom. But how do I know how to go about negotiating for the package? What are some of the things to look out for?

Mebbie, will it be possible for you to send some details of your package and comments on the service to me via email at [email protected]?

Thanks a lot!

uniblue

Dear ppl,

Me also planning to sign with FRF, can some1 kindly recommend me the most helpful wedding planner there. Thanks.

pskin

check with you guys,

did you have problem getting a 2N stay at the bridal suite? did everyone who signed up get a free montage?

i didnt get these perks at all even though i did bargain for it. Albert says that no couples get the 2N stay and to be fair he cant give it to us. I told him there are pple who gets it but he claims that he is the director and no one can get it without his knowledge and permission.

I really begin to doubt his words, i wonder if we can change our coordinator (would other coordinators give us more perks?) How can i tell him? Should i just tell him directly that other couples here are getting these perks and we dont?

this experience only make us unhappy even though we still wan to enjoy our wedding at FRF

~stargal~

hi pskin...

i believe onli the couples who signed up before the wedding show managed to get 2 nite stay cos that was part of the package at that time. However, after the wedding show, the package was changed. In fact on the day of the wedding show, my coordinator did mention to me that her boss find their package too comprehensive and need to revert it back to a normal one.

so i guess now it may be quite difficult to bargain for the same things again...

summerice

pskin what albert said is true....since he is the boss of all coordinators what makes u think that the others will give u n he wont. The best person to talk to for discount n bargain is definately the head.

I think most of us here got very good package cos its b4 the wedding show, on the show that day their sales shoot up. Its supply n demand...with that kind of price they are offering they cannot give too much in a package also. I have a free montage but i dont think i will use it coz my hb not very interested in it. I have a free guest signature book, i think i wont be using it too.

If can transfer i wont mind giving it away.

Oh pskin the coordinators actually check this thread frequently.

pskin

the packages before the show looks good and the tables are cheaper too. May i know when was the wedding show?

probably he should have explained to us why others can get 2N due to the show, instead of saying that no couples get it, if they do he would know (because there are pple who get it).

he did mention abt singaporebrides, tats why we also tell him we see many pple selling their packages.. which also shows bad on FRF.

i guess i have to make do with it, cos really like the mercury room. oh, btw he did offer to help do the sodemization free. did anyone of u get this?

THANKS again for your advices!

soyabeanbride

Hi twinkly_bubblegum,

Wow...Congrats to you 1st. Your big day coming soon oh, just 4 days countdown. How? excited? May you enjoy your happy big day.

bigboyj

Hi twinkly_bubblegum,

Congrats to you. I see you also have Jasmine, good for you. Just relax and let your coordinators do the work for you. Have faith with them and don't worry yourself about the details. It's your night... so enjoy it. You are also using Jupiter Room. How is your layout like? Just being Kaypo...

bigboyj

Hi all,

Just a thought... I know everybody wants to get the best deal from their packages. I was the same too. I didn't get the 2N stay as well. But I was won over by their sincerity and professionalism...

When we were negotiating with Jasmine initially, she told me straight upfront, if she can give, she will give. Cannot means cannot... I respected her for that and she kept her word. What she can give, she gave... what she cannot... however i ask also cannot. And I am still asking for the 2nd nite... :p

Be nice to them and dun be too demanding. Don't say die die also must wan... if you make it difficult for them... it is only natural that there will be some discontent... and they will not give you their 110% no matter how professional they are. We are all human after all... So be friends with them... you will not regret it...

We have plans to go back to FRF every year for our aniversary. They have really left a lasting impression on us.

Sorry for being to preachy... :p