Four Seasons Hotel

jane22

sher: if u don't mind, could i see the pics too? coz im holding my AD next yr nov at fs. like to start checking color schemes out too.

sher02

Hi jane,

i've uploaded the photos few days ago and you should be able to see them in this thread.
happy.gif

i think you're after akak's photos of their red/black theme. Must look really good! I wanted that but as usual, parents didn't like the idea of black. Co-ordinator showed me some red/black photos too and they look stunning!

jane22

yup yup... i am thinking of a black and red theme, so was hoping akak can email me some pics.

my concern is that it may be too overwhelming for the older folks (as usual) :x

akak

Hi Jane.. Have emailed you.. Was busi the past few days.. To be veri honest, hub and me kept mum abt our theme.. Didn't want my on laws to be too naggy for days if they know abt our black and red theme.. On the actual day, they are too busi entertaining others that they didn't notice abt these details
happy.gif
) till now, no comments from them
happy.gif
)

jarlslee

Hi

My name is Jarls from Singapore and I am an undergraduate at a Hospitality Management school in Switzerland. For my undergraduate dissertation, I am looking at the negotiation behaviour of prospective wedding couples looking to hold their wedding banquet at 5-star hotels in Singapore.

Your response is kindly appreciated and will aid in the completion of my paper. Please, I need another 20 responses by this Friday.

This survey will take up 15-20 minutes of your time.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/negotiated_decision_making_weddings_in_Singapore

Thank you.

flyinghoof

Wendy: Do they have blue/white colour theme? Wah I didn't know that..
Jessica rabbit: I guess FS has only ivory, gold, red, black for their colour theme?
I'm using moomedia for VG. As for PG, I'm still deciding.. Which bridal shop u sign with?

jessica_rabbit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
red >> I have not booked with anyone. I am looking for a photographer (journalistic style) with very very reasonable rates. Need PG for 3 events and require coffee table album for all three. But low low budget. =S

Any recommendations pple? =)

As for bridal boutique, just about starting the hunt... havent done much.

flyinghoof

Reasonable rates for journalistic style.. Hmm.. How's your range like? I'm looking for independent PG as well but yet to find one that we really like.
I signed with Jawn bridal after visiting a few and researching for weeks. Haha.

lucy2011

Hi...

Has anyone had a small banquet at FS function rooms ( like.. Paterson Room.. )..

I am looking at 30 pax for my solemnisation and lunch/dinner in Nov 2011.

Any comment.. So far I have asked their package for 2011 and menus are attracting.

Any comments for advice is appreciated.. as I just started planning and new here..

Tks.
Lucy

alyssa_c

hi all,

i am shortlisting four seasons for my wedding dinner.I have emailed them for the packages and from what i understand from the forum there is some hidden costs?

Apart from no projector and no dry ice, is there any other hidden costs that i should be aware of?

Thanks!

blueychan

Hi all,

I am shortlisting Four Seasons as one of my hotel too, as written by Alyssa, besides the projector and dry ice. What other hidden cost do we have to take note?

And also, has anyone successfully gotten a lower corkage or free flow wines?

And also, any coordinator to recommend?

Thank you!!

prettyflea

HI,

I am also looking at four seasons. Do they have any outdoor area to hold the solemnization for around 50 pax?

Anybody kind enough to share their quotation? [email protected]

I'm looking at Oct 2011 (it's late i know...)

Thanks!

apple_bliss

Hi Eileen and Alyssa,

though i havent hold my wedding at FS, but so far no hidden cost that i know of..

Nope i did not manage to "bargain" out lower corkage and free flow of wines..in terms of wine FS is pretty strict on corkage..

blueychan

Hi apple_bliss, thanks for your help!

Hi Baby pie, congrats on your wedding and if possible could you keep us update on how FS is for your wedding?

Thanks all!
happy.gif

rojak

actually, given that 4seasons is mainly attractive because of their service+ballroom, why not choose regent? they offer the same things, and they're from the same company so their services are great too. plus, regent is actually cheaper and less 'hidden' costs!
happy.gif

flyinghoof

i simply love crescent ballroom for the high ceiling, chandeliers and cosiness. Same here, did not asked for free corkage nor wines..

ophidi: you could scroll up to see the photos of crescent ballroom posted by Sher.

flyinghoof

By the way, anyone had live band in crescent ballroom?

The sound system in the ballroom able to support? And also the COMPASS license thingy..Need to pay still?

sher02

Hi red,

I had love band and sound was great. You can hear very clearly all the way to the tables at the back.

I paid for the COMPASS licence cos I rather not worry about it.

flyinghoof

Hi Sher,

May i know which band did you hire? Thinking to get just 2-piece band as im afraid 3-piece might be too 'over'? haha.

So i assume there isnt a need to engage an external sound system + sound technician? By the way did you inform your coordinator on the usage of the hotel's sound system?

I read that some hotel(s) already paid for the COMPASS license. This license thingy is really a headache!

btw, Thanks!
happy.gif

ophidi

rojak: that's true! i wanted to go for someplace cheaper but HTB more atas lol

red: yepyep, i've seen sher's photos, the crescent ballroom looks lovely but the photos are kinda small! heh.

flyinghoof

ophidi: If not, just ask your coordinator if there is any couple(s) having a wedding these days.. then pop by earlier before the banquet starts. This way you get to see the actual setup and ballroom.. hehe

d*mn! I did not check out regent as the moment we stepped into crescent, we fell in love with it after checking out for like 4-5 venues.
so, we just settle for crescent ballroom incase it got booked..
its kinda scary that many couples are planning their wedding very very early.. As i still unable to find my actual day photographer. Those i like are booked!
So if the date that you are looking for is pretty HOT, please try to do your planning early..... Oh, early means slightly cheaper too. hehe
happy.gif

apple_bliss

you are the same as me..keke..those photographers that i initially plan to book are being taken up..

but i found another good one thats available on my wedding day..*phew*...

from the couple of hotels that we have visited, our guests size is either too big or too small..so we chose four seasons as the crescent ballroom size was just nice for us and we like the design of it..

ophidi

finally managed to get an appt next week!
red and apple_bliss, when are your ADs?

I haven't started on PG or BS yet =p

sher02

red: I used Yours Truly. The singer was fantastic and my guests were in love with her voice!

http://yourstrulyweddings.blogspot.com/

They have performed numerous times at Four Seasons so I know i'm in good hands. I had a 3piece band (double bass, guitar and singer) and for 2 sets of 45mins each its $1100.

ophidi: i have the bigger photos but couldn't upload here. Will try and email you over weekend.

apple_bliss

ophidi: my AD is on 15th Oct..when is urs?

i have just confirmed on my PG and BS also..so still ok you are still in time..

just to share..probably you can confirm on your dinner venue first, then concurrently look for bridal studio and actual day photographer...

if those bridal studio you go to, does not have pre-wedding shoots then you can look around for photographers for both your actual and pre-wedding..

usually you will get abit discount if you take actual and pre-wedding together with the photographer...

flyinghoof

Thx Sher for sharing!
1oct. Phew.. Was lucky to confirm a nice ad PG and in the mid of confirming my pw PG.. Yeap if your bridal package include PGs/tie-ups PGs, it will save the trouble to look for one. After PGs, I will look into the band and maybe a wedding cake? Hopefully that will not burst the budget! Haha.
Chinzilla: Nice! When is yours? From what i understand they only have colour schemes.. Red,black,gold,ivory for the table stuffs. And standard flowers like gerbera and roses? Anything more, we have to top up? They are not into really fanciful stuffs. I have nt gone into that stage yet.
Anyone?
But i will update if I do..
happy.gif

chinzilla

thx flyinghoof!.. mine is still some time. in Feb 2012. Heh I recalled Lewis saying that they may bring in new themes. =)

hows the prep coming along?

ophidi: Ritz has a really nice frontage. For some reason i dig the driveway.

flyinghoof

wow..new themes... nice to know that!

ophidi: not trying to rush you.. but 91011, sounds hot! better decide soon. hehe..
happy.gif
You can try listing down the likes and dislikes between the two with your HTB. + bonus like freebies. And also, have you checked out their ballrooms? This will give a better idea which one you prefer too. Oh the coordinator is important as well. None of us wants extra headache, right?

chinzilla

hee too bad no wedding show that is upcoming ..or i would like to check it out!. i hope they can do something more "green" thinking of a nostalgic picnic theme

chinzilla

oh can i ask the previous 4 seasons brides.

Does the hotel charge to use the grand piano in the ballroom and if they allow self purchased candy wedding favours? HTB is worried over the "no outside food clause"

TIA!

foreverlove0510

Hi Sher! I’m thinking of getting a live band for my AD too, at the Four Seasons ballroom.
I have take a quick glance at Yours Truly website and am thinking of asking them to perform Wang Lee Hom’s songs, during first and second march in.
We won’t need to pay for the license thru COMPASS, if we were to ask Yours Truly to perform at the banquet right?
I guess I need a 3 piece band too? Would you know how much would that be, if I were to ask them to perform from 8pm to 11pm? Can anyone of them double up as Emcee?
I had a 3piece band (double bass, guitar and singer) and for 2 sets of 45mins each its $1100.
Btw, who’s your wedding coordinator? Is he/she recommended? Has anyone heard of Ivy?
Can you send me your photos too? ïŠ I’ll love to have a look! My email is [email protected]

THANK U SO MUCH!

chinzilla

heh got my ans from Lewis. No charge cept for tuning and packs are allowed.

He is the best really. I never once have to wait more than a few hrs for his reply

ophidi

AD is 9 oct =)

did anyone get their coordinators mobile number? mine seems quite reluctant =p

I don't have any reason to call just yet, but think it will be good to have. maybe I'm being too kiasu heh

foreverlove0510

Hello! Did anyone use sparkling wine for champagne toasting? Thats indicated in four seasons package.. Isn't tt weird? Did u all top up for a bottle of champagne instead?

chinzilla

i have seen some oth hotels use sparkling and they provide an extra bottle of champagne at the suite. dpds on preference.

We dont drink much so its ok .. hee but ya y not top up or ask if u can use the bottle in ur suite instead?