Cooking Recipes as promised

kiroro

hi ladies,

it's my first time in this 'recipe' thread and i'm wondering if anyone here knows how to make glutinous rice ? thanks!

W

wedding02

Hi everyone,

Just wanna to recommend a good book from 'Betty Saw'. There are a lot of recipes, easy to follow and commonly used ingredients. There are also tips and terms explained in the book. For those who are average in cooking but love to cook, you may want to try this book.

Happy Cooking!

claris

Dear Monica

Ever crispy prawn fritters not out yet? I am craving for some prawns...Please patent it if possible. Hiak..hiak

peanuts

Hi everybody,

Wonder if anyone has the recipe for Cheesecake? I'm not look for those bake cheesecake, but there is one that you just need to freeze it in the fridge and its done. I have tasted it before and my hubby loves it. Wanted to make one for his birthdau that is another 2 weeks time. Can anyone help here.

monica

heheh my mum got exam today so she was busy preparing after my bro's exam. I'll go pester her tomorrow.

sugar

Peanuts, i think if you buy the kraft philedelphia cream cheese, there is a recipe for chilled lemon cheese cake on the back of the box. I have used it before and it's not bad.

peanuts

Thanks sugar,

I'll go supermarket today and find the philedelphia box.
happy.gif

sunny

Hi girls,
i have this 38 pages cooking recipes that has Fish head Curry,Hainanese Chicken Rice,Nasi Lemak,Sweet Spicy Chicken,Tom Yam,Tahu Goreng, Rojak,Laksa Yong Tao Foo,Chili Crab, Sambal Kangkong, Hokkien Mee, Clay Pot Rice, Hor Fun, Fish steamed with yellow bean paste, Indian Mee Goreng, Tahu Telur, Opor Sotong,Chai Tow Kway
Soto Ayam / Chicken Soup, Asam prawns / Spicy and Sour prawns, Black Pepper Crabs/Prawns, Oyster Omlette,Mee Rebus, Lily chestnut chicken,Fried Rice, Sour Lime Prawns, Spiced Fried Coconut Rice, Ngoh Hiang - Hokkien fried meat roll,Beef Rendang, Kiam Chye Aar,Jiu He Eng Chai -Squid with Kangkong, Chut Bee Png / You fan, Pisang Goreng, Tee Kar Chor / legs in Vinegar, Hokkien Hae Mee / Prawn Noodles, Chicken Curry

Anyone interested
happy.gif
i can email to u..
or can i email to Chin Leng..n u can post it somewhere for download ???
lame.gif

mag

Sunny, may I know where the recipes are from? From website, cookbook or your own?

Luckily I took my lunch already...
happy.gif
Yummy those recipes are the famous local dishes,, Can I have it too? Thanks..
happy.gif

(Just click my name for email address)

sunny

HI swiss
the email could not go thru. error message said that it is not a valid hotmail account ?? do u have another email ?

mag

Hi Sunny,

I have received your email already but attachment is 0bytes (empty).

Can send again. Thanks.

mag

Sunny,

I got it! Thank you so much..I love collecting recipes especially the local ones.

U make my day, Sunny
happy.gif

monica

Everlasting Crispy prawns.
My mum's recipe

1 Bowl Self Raising Flour
1/2 bowl Corn Flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon of Ajinamoto
1.5 table spoon of oil

Mix the above ingredients in oil. Rubbing in method.

One bowl of water. (My mum say AGAH AGAH)

Mix bowl of mixture with water.
Let mixture sit for a while. (Approx 1 hour)

No need to marinate Tiger prawns.

Make about 15 prawns.

Dip prawns into batter and deepfry!!

monica

Another point to add.
My mum says the batter should not be too watery. Should be sticky. Too watery the prawns after frying won't be "POng Pong"

claris

I will be the first one to say thank you to Monica's mum and to Monica. Can't wait to try the pong pong prawns. Hope to surprise my mum how come my fritters turn out better..."green comes out from blue"

blur

May I check do I need to peel off the shell before frying? Is self-raising flour the same as normal flour or rice flour? Actually bake cake flour and frying prawns flour is it the same?

monica

Claris,
You're welcome I'll let my mum know u said thanks and do let me know how ur prawn fritter turn out.
Blur,
Yah you have to peel the shell of the prawns but leave the tail part. MUST be SELF RAISING FLOUR!
It's not the same as any other flour. err... bake cake also got many kind of flour. So best is the get the flour that says SELF RAISING FLOUR on the box. I think Sunshine has Self Raising Flour too. Try NTUC.

monica

Actually for the above batter.
It's very nice with Mushrooms and Cauliflower too.
For cauliflower you may want to add in a teaspoon of chilli powder and Geera Powder and 1/2 teaspoon of tumeric powder. Gives it an indian flavour. It's very very nice.

For mushrooms use fresh button mushrooms only. Can try adding some spices like dried rosemary or thyme or oregano. Really depends on which spice you like. Add the spice to the batter. I dump abit of all the spice I have on my spice rack into the batter. : P

sunny

ooops jojo, usually i just check the Newest Postings. i must have miss urs. sorry abt it. i sent to u already
happy.gif
enjoy cooking !!!