Conrad Centennial Singapore

monatomic

Hi ladies!

I have gotten some sample pictures of the new themes from my coordinator yesterday. She mentioned that there would be official pictures taken by their photographer later.

Let me know if you are still keen in the sample pictures, i will send it out tonight! :)
Yez! I am keen! Possible to upload dropbox or google drive to share link??

wy86

Hi ladies!

I have gotten some sample pictures of the new themes from my coordinator yesterday. She mentioned that there would be official pictures taken by their photographer later.

Let me know if you are still keen in the sample pictures, i will send it out tonight! :)
Pls send to me at [email protected]. Thanks much! :)

Tingzcrown

Hi ladies!

Thank you dear for sharing the photos of the upcoming themes =) =)

Panda_gal

Hi ladies!

I want to take a look too! Please send to [email protected]

Thanks dear!

cc313

Hi ladies!

Can u send me plsss?? my email is [email protected] thanks thanks!!!

theporks

Hi ladies!

I am keen too!

Please send me too! [email protected]

Thank you!

Tingzcrown

Hey gurls, I went conrad golden peony to try so me of their dish :) crispy chicken with garlic is not too bad and service is pretty good :) price for banq also reasonable :)

Panda_gal

Hi ladies! Sent the pics to ya all! Sorry for the delay :)
Thank you! Looking forward to our beautiful ballroom. I think picking this hotel is one of my best decision made for my wedding.. hahaha.. hope everything turns out well next year :)

JM89

Me too! Lets update each other along the way! Hopefully everything will turn out as good as it is right now! :)

Hi everyone! I'm likely going to be a Nov 2016 bride and am -this- close to signing the contract! Sherrie is currently preparing the contract draft :) So excited! Especially after wracking my brain over the venue for a few weeks. Does anyone have any opinions on how Conrad compares against Goodwood Park Tudor Ballroom and Parkroyal on Pickering?

JM89

Hi everyone! I'm likely going to be a Nov 2016 bride and am -this- close to signing the contract! Sherrie is currently preparing the contract draft :) So excited! Especially after wracking my brain over the venue for a few weeks. Does anyone have any opinions on how Conrad compares against Goodwood Park Tudor Ballroom and Parkroyal on Pickering?
I also looked at gwp when i was picking my venue. The tudor ballroom seems smaller and the reception area is def alot smaller than conrad's. Another thing we were looking at was gwp has 2 servers to 3 tables but conrad's 1:1.

Demisnail

I didn't look at Conrad, but I looked at both PRP and GWP.

Hands down I personally preferred GWP then PRP as I feel that GWP is more value of money due to it's branding and menu plus it's a heritage hotel. PRP feels more like a business hotel, the only plus point is that PRP is a single ballroom whereas GWP has two. In addition, the coordinator that handled us wasn't very professional for PRP, it was during her office hours on a weekday.

nadhirahk

Hi ladies!

Hey there! Do send the pics over to me at [email protected]

Considering this venue for 2017! Thank you in advance

Tingzcrown

Gurls, we were having dinner at conrad just now and I manage to take some photos :)

Attachments

• 1447001276693.jpg
    1447001276693.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 1447001288395.jpg
    1447001288395.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 111

Peizheng

Hi ladies!

YES i am keen able to email me at [email protected]

vincey

i just had my wedding at conrad a month ago and must say that i have received many compliments in terms of hotel ambience and food. Service was excellent and food are individually served. The banquet manager was there to ensure the smooth running of my wedding lunch and everything went very well, you will definitely be in good hands with Conrad. Location is also a plus point and accessible by public transport.
we initially signed with Janice but was changed to catheryn closer to wedding date. i must say catheryn was able to offer us more as compared to Janice who was a bit rigid. though we have signed the package with them, catheryn was able to increase our parking coupons to 30%. Also we were also given more information which could have helped us in our planning if we had known them earlier from Janice... as they have few big round tables available that can fit 15 pax and could have really helped a lot if you had odd number guest, saves you the trouble to find ways to fill the table.
i never regretted my choice with conrad, most importantly you must get the right sales coordinator/banquet manager to serve you. the rates are also pretty competitive for lunch.

lynetteqian

Hi BTBs,

I will be signing with Conrad as well for lunch next year! Really loved their theme and the ballroom!
We initially already decided on Regent despite their narrow ballroom. But since we are going for a staycation at Conrad, might as well just view theirs and see what can they offer. Didn't regret our decision. I would say their perks for lunch is not bad and quite value for money. But not sure if I can request for 1 additional night stay (hehe!). My coordinator is Catheryn and she is good. :)

monatomic

Yes! Agree! Held my wedding there too. I have nothing but compliments for their banquet team!
The team was helpful and we all felt taken care of. They followed up closely and delivered as promised and more. Food was good too!
The banquet manager I liaised with was Catheryn too.

Alishaku

Hi ladies!

Hi, Can share the pictures of the new themes with me? =)

Alishaku

Hi BTBs,

I will be signing with Conrad as well for lunch next year! Really loved their theme and the ballroom!
We initially already decided on Regent despite their narrow ballroom. But since we are going for a staycation at Conrad, might as well just view theirs and see what can they offer. Didn't regret our decision. I would say their perks for lunch is not bad and quite value for money. But not sure if I can request for 1 additional night stay (hehe!). My coordinator is Catheryn and she is good. :)

Hi can you share with me your package for the lunch banquet in Conrad? I am also thinking of doing lunch in Conrad next year as well! =) By the way, can give me the contact of Catheryn too? Thank you!!

Tingzcrown

Hi tingz. Do u mind sending me the package you nego with conrad? Pretty interested in em but not too sure how willing they are to give wines/table or ff wines

Hihi, sorry for the late replies =/

In fact, let me head home and look through our pkg and i will advise you again =)
Tbh, conrad offers a very competitive rate taking into consideration they are a 5 star reputable hotel group.

They can't afford to push down the prices that much and they are different from other hotels which throw in many other perks but no reason not to sign them cause of the perks.

For now, they are offering us :
30% carpark coupon
free flow beer
$35++ for every bottle of wine brought in
Waived on corkage for every hard liquor brought in
2 nights stay at centennial suite with breakfast

the rest i will go take out my contract =)

lynetteqian

Hi can you share with me your package for the lunch banquet in Conrad? I am also thinking of doing lunch in Conrad next year as well! =) By the way, can give me the contact of Catheryn too? Thank you!!

Hi Alishaku,

My package is what you see from the website, $1388 nett per table min 20 tables. But Catheryn increased my carpark coupons to 30% and a free usage of the small function room (can fill up to 40 guests) for tea ceremony/ solemnisation. For a luncheon, i find it really worth the money.

Her email is [email protected]

Alishaku

Hi Alishaku,

My package is what you see from the website, $1388 nett per table min 20 tables. But Catheryn increased my carpark coupons to 30% and a free usage of the small function room (can fill up to 40 guests) for tea ceremony/ solemnisation. For a luncheon, i find it really worth the money.

Her email is [email protected]

Wow! Okie I see. That sounds good. Let me try to reach out to her then. Thank you so much for your response.

Tingzcrown

I think the standard pkg i shall not put it here, however... these are what we negotiated =)

SPECIALS

a) One Complimentary 30-litre barrel of beer and one bottle of house wine per confirmed table (inclusive in package).
b) Conversion from day-use room to overnight stay with breakfast for 1 or 2 persons at a special top-up charge at S$180.00++.
c) Upgrade of complimentary one night stay in the Bridal suite to a two-night stay instead with complimentary breakfasts for 2 persons.
d) Complimentary usage of 02 units of LCD projectors instead of the usual rental charge at $900.00++.
e) Complimentary parking for 30%
f) Special flat corkage charge at $700++ for unlimited number of bottles of duty paid wines brought in OR Special corkage charge at $30++ per bottle of duty paid wines brought in.
g) Complimentary usage of a function room (maximum 40 persons) for your Solemnization Ceremony prior to your dinner banquet.
h) Complimentary light snacks for the Couple upon arrival to the Hotel on actual wedding day.

shh_na

by right they shouldn be charging for LCD projectors isn it? previously they used to rent but now it is installed in the ceiling...

Tingzcrown

hello, brides to be ...
I post here as I have friends telling/ asking me why I chose Conrad as my dinner banquet ? she says Conrad food not nice !

I was like WTH ;(
I mean you do not like the food doesn't mean others dont like the food right ? And I personally felt it's rude to comment like that.

She suggested MM (which she held her wedding at and I felt the food is not good too without saying out loud) so it's all due to preferences right ?

Have you all experience this "Conrad Food not Nice" kinda comment ?

monatomic

hello, brides to be ...
I post here as I have friends telling/ asking me why I chose Conrad as my dinner banquet ? she says Conrad food not nice !

I was like WTH ;(
I mean you do not like the food doesn't mean others dont like the food right ? And I personally felt it's rude to comment like that.

She suggested MM (which she held her wedding at and I felt the food is not good too without saying out loud) so it's all due to preferences right ?

Have you all experience this "Conrad Food not Nice" kinda comment ?

Food preference is subjective.
Generally, most people I know prefer Conrad's food (Golden Peony) over Marina Mandarin's (Peach blossoms). Both are Chinese/ Cantonese style. Perhaps food is comparable? So it's really what's on your menu.

To do a simple comparison from easy search online:

Hungrygowhere.com
Peach Blossoms: http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/peach_blossoms/ - 67% votes overall, with 3.7/ 5Stars for Food&Drink
Golden Peony: http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/golden_peony/ - 76% votes overall, with 3.9/ 5Stars for Food&Drink

SG Tatler
Peach Blossoms: http://sg.dining.asiatatler.com/restaurants/peach-blossoms- 4/5 Stars overall, with 3.5/5 Stars for Food
Golden Peony: http://sg.dining.asiatatler.com/restaurants/golden-peony- 4/5 Stars overall, with 4/5 Stars for Food

FiveStar Alliance ratings
http://www.fivestaralliance.com/luxury-hotels/691/asia/singapore/singapore
Conrad at 89/100
Marina Mandarin at 84/100

Tripadvisor Hotel Ranking for 5 Star SG hotels
https://en.tripadvisor.com.hk/Hotels-g294265-zfc5-Singapore-Hotels.html
Conrad at #14
Marina at #54

From the findings, seems like Peach blossoms is more popular as more people had given reviews. But overall, Golden peony ratings were higher.
Both maintained good reviews.
It's hard to do a comparison as they were all different reviewers. Even the editors from SG Tatler visited both places at different periods and ordered different food items.

Personally, I prefer Conrad to Marina Mandarin simply because of the general feel from people-
Conrad seem to be more "atas" in comparison which made my choice easier given that the packages were of similar prices.
And the Marina Mandarin's ceiling is kinda low for me.
Also, Conrad had only 1 ballroom.
I used to work near Suntec and both hotels are within the vicinity. My ex-boss is a very fussy person with a "golden palate". His own wedding from yonks ago was at Conrad and he strongly recommended it to me. Also, he preferred to have business lunch meetings at Golden Peony over Peach Blossoms.

My sister just booked with Marina Mandarin over Conrad simply because the lunch pkg rates (2017) for Marina Mandarin was lower. Otherwise she would've chosen Conrad too!

Don't be too affected by what your friend said; although, I kinda agree that it was a tad rude for her to have made such a comment to your face...
We are always biased and defend our own decisions.
As long as you're happy with your choice!

Tingzcrown

Food preference is subjective.
Generally, most people I know prefer Conrad's food (Golden Peony) over Marina Mandarin's (Peach blossoms). Both are Chinese/ Cantonese style. Perhaps food is comparable? So it's really what's on your menu.

To do a simple comparison from easy search online:

Hungrygowhere.com
Peach Blossoms: http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/peach_blossoms/ - 67% votes overall, with 3.7/ 5Stars for Food&Drink
Golden Peony: http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/golden_peony/ - 76% votes overall, with 3.9/ 5Stars for Food&Drink

SG Tatler
Peach Blossoms: http://sg.dining.asiatatler.com/restaurants/peach-blossoms- 4/5 Stars overall, with 3.5/5 Stars for Food
Golden Peony: http://sg.dining.asiatatler.com/restaurants/golden-peony- 4/5 Stars overall, with 4/5 Stars for Food

FiveStar Alliance ratings
http://www.fivestaralliance.com/luxury-hotels/691/asia/singapore/singapore
Conrad at 89/100
Marina Mandarin at 84/100

Tripadvisor Hotel Ranking for 5 Star SG hotels
https://en.tripadvisor.com.hk/Hotels-g294265-zfc5-Singapore-Hotels.html
Conrad at #14
Marina at #54

From the findings, seems like Peach blossoms is more popular as more people had given reviews. But overall, Golden peony ratings were higher.
Both maintained good reviews.
It's hard to do a comparison as they were all different reviewers. Even the editors from SG Tatler visited both places at different periods and ordered different food items.

Personally, I prefer Conrad to Marina Mandarin simply because of the general feel from people-
Conrad seem to be more "atas" in comparison which made my choice easier given that the packages were of similar prices.
And the Marina Mandarin's ceiling is kinda low for me.
Also, Conrad had only 1 ballroom.
I used to work near Suntec and both hotels are within the vicinity. My ex-boss is a very fussy person with a "golden palate". His own wedding from yonks ago was at Conrad and he strongly recommended it to me. Also, he preferred to have business lunch meetings at Golden Peony over Peach Blossoms.

My sister just booked with Marina Mandarin over Conrad simply because the lunch pkg rates (2017) for Marina Mandarin was lower. Otherwise she would've chosen Conrad too!

Don't be too affected by what your friend said; although, I kinda agree that it was a tad rude for her to have made such a comment to your face...
We are always biased and defend our own decisions.
As long as you're happy with your choice!

Yes you are right ! I took conrad as conrad looks really Atas and the epople that has served us are helpful and really efficient. MM to be honest lack of all these. And thank you so much, its great info here =)

Last edited:

Tingzcrown

Hihi all,

Conrad is having their Wedding showcase on 23rd July ><

ImageUploadedByForum1466912499.353470.jpg

Anyone going ? I am gg because I need to see how is it like :(

Coordinator told us Conrad hardly have showcase when we placed our deposit :(

JM89

Me too. At least we got our dates booked so we should be glad too! 
Btw, anyone happens to know the average cost for printing the invites? Am considering to look for other sources if Conrad's ex.

Tingzcrown

Haha! Felt a little "cheated" when i saw this.

Not going, since I've already placed my deposit.
I was so disappointed in the way they reply us. Directly cut us of saying the showcase is Only for couples that haven't sign up."

We didn't want much but we have been requesting to see their suite which we didn't get a chance before we place our deposit.

The way they replied could be better and more welcoming instead.

#pissedoff